|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been in a French prison for 3 years by 1941?
2. What does Robert's friend offer him after they attend the sporting event?
3. What position does the former spy in the Siberian gold mining operation worked him/herself up to?
4. What is the name of the operative in Cambras that the parachuting spy will be in contact with?
5. What is buried in the ground to resemble mines and thus fool the Germans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Germans offer retribution to the French resistance and civilians for acts of sabotage?
2. Why did Khristo change his name in camp?
3. How does Robert's team wreck havoc on the Germans?
4. What does Khristo love about his life in Paris?
5. What happens when Daniel and La Brebis are badly injured in a surprise encounter with a German officer?
6. How does Khristo escape the French prison and go to Cambra?
7. What are some forms or acts of sabotage performed by the resistance fighters in France?
8. Why is Khristo afraid of dying in the French prison?
9. What does Khristo learn from Goldman that makes him no longer want to be a spy?
10. How does Khristo maintain his training in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Furst uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
Night Soldiers is a military fiction novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Who feels betrayed in Night Soldiers and in what ways? Who suffers as a result of this betrayal? What emotions are evoked by betrayal? Take a closer look at the different people involved and the roles they play.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)