|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the former spy tries to get out of Paris, what group prevents his quick departure?
2. What position does the former spy in the Siberian gold mining operation worked him/herself up to?
3. Who is the man with the British secret service who wants to photograph Khristov?
4. Who has been in a French prison for 3 years by 1941?
5. What is the elaborate plan to steal from Soviets involve taking from their couriers?
(a) Their guns.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their briefcases.
(d) Their clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Bulgarian expatriate that Khristo works for?
2. Who sends a note to the prisoner that Alexandra is alive?
3. Who does Khristo run into when he goes to the bookstore where his girlfriend used to work?
4. Who writes poems while he is incarcerated?
5. Who is the mysterious man that kills Omaraeff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sascha do in Siberia while he is imprisoned?
2. How does Khristo learn about Faye Burns again when he is working in Switzerland?
3. How is life in Paris very different from that of Bulgaria for Khristo?
4. Why does Robert keep his mission secret when he returns to New York?
5. Why does Robert want to change careers in 1941?
6. What happens when Daniel and La Brebis are badly injured in a surprise encounter with a German officer?
7. What does Khristo love about his life in Paris?
8. Why does Khristo feel alone from both the women he loves while in prison?
9. Why is Khristo afraid of dying in the French prison?
10. How does Khristo discover that his girlfriend has been kidnapped in Paris?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)