|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war is breaking out in the country that the Soviets send their engineers?
(a) Dutch Civil War.
(b) French Civil War.
(c) Spanish Civil War.
(d) German Civil War.
2. Who carves some letters and numbers into the train for the Brotherhood front?
3. What is the unit that the four spy students in Moscow form?
4. What name does the Bulgarian militia get from wearing goose feathers in their hats?
(a) Levitzky's Geese.
(b) Guessing Ganders.
(c) Mormon's Fools.
(d) Charley's Fowl.
5. When someone removed a blue lantern signal, what could not be bombed?
(a) An armory.
(b) A landing strip.
(c) A tank.
(d) An airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal gets in between the legs of militia men, prompting Khristo and his brother to laugh?
2. In what town in Bulgaria do Khristo and his brother live?
3. Who is the American that has come to fight with the resistance in Madrid?
4. What do the spy students develop as a result of their training and the bitter cold?
5. Who turns out to be the spy that Khristov has to kill according to Sascha?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Khristo born to be a spy?
2. What is the significance of the code BF 825?
3. What does Faye do when she sees the blue light lantern?
4. Why is Khristo frustrated with Lubin, his new partner?
5. What does Khristo learn along the way to Moscow with Antipin?
6. Why do the locals make fun of the hats of the military officers in Bulgaria in 1934 only in private?
7. Why was Andres' plan to bomb an armory foiled?
8. How do the military officers respond when Nikko and Khristo laughing at them?
9. Why do the brothers laugh at the military officers marching?
10. How do the Soviets discover Kulic's merciful act and what happens to him subsequently?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)