|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins innocently as a code name used in caring for a stray dog?
2. How does Khristo avoid being tortured by Sascha's supervisor in Moscow?
(a) He pleads for help to become a better spy.
(b) He murders his friend Kulic.
(c) He shows where Sascha is hiding.
(d) He says he is sorry.
3. Who attack Luder's plane with a machine gun?
(a) Two women.
(b) One woman.
(c) Two men.
(d) One man.
4. Who carves some letters and numbers into the train for the Brotherhood front?
5. Who realizes that if he stays in Vidin he will be murdered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to take photos of the Soviet tanks entering Madrid?
2. On what street is the spy school located?
3. The Bulgarian militia are proud of _________symbols on their clothing.
4. Of what origin are the two clerks who come to help the wealthy draftsman that has business in Tarragon?
5. What family and its descendants have owned all the property for centuries in the town in Spain that the Soviets arrive in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Aguilar family and why are they under house arrest?
2. Why do the locals make fun of the hats of the military officers in Bulgaria in 1934 only in private?
3. How is Faye described in Chapter 2?
4. Why do the brothers laugh at the military officers marching?
5. What is the significance of the code BF 825?
6. How does Khristo prove that he is a spy to Sascha?
7. What does Kulic do when he receives a note to kill four of his men?
8. Why was Andres' plan to bomb an armory foiled?
9. Why is Khristo frustrated with Lubin, his new partner?
10. How does Khristo escape torture in Moscow by pleading with Bloch?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)