|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Soviet embassy political officer that comes to Kulic?
2. Who returns to Moscow and is told that he will receive the order of Lenin?
3. What war is breaking out in the country that the Soviets send their engineers?
(a) Spanish Civil War.
(b) Dutch Civil War.
(c) German Civil War.
(d) French Civil War.
4. In what year does Khristo watch a march by the local fascist militia in Bulgaria?
5. Who is the wealthy draftsman who has business in Tarragon and is allowed to continue to work without interruption because the government needs the funds he brings to the town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of plane flies in low over Madrid looking for the blue light?
2. What is on the door of the roof where the blue light signal is being emitted from in Madrid?
3. After what event is the family that owns the property in Spain visited by Soviets come under house arrest?
4. What kind of mission is Kulic sent on once officials realize that he acted mercifully with the four people he was supposed to kill?
5. What does the phrase "having dirt in the mouth" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when an old fisherman appear at the house that burned in Vidin?
2. What is Khristo's experience studying in Moscow initially before he meets Sascha?
3. Why is Khristo frustrated with Lubin, his new partner?
4. What happens to Luders when he is flying over the building with a blue light?
5. What is the significance of the code BF 825?
6. How do the military officers respond when Nikko and Khristo laughing at them?
7. Why does Khristo decide to leave Vidin?
8. How is Faye described in Chapter 2?
9. Why is Andres allowed to still work in San Ximene?
10. How do the Soviets discover Kulic's merciful act and what happens to him subsequently?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)