|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the prisoner get out of the French prison in 1941?
(a) A priest.
(b) A guard.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A cook.
2. What do the resistance workers place in the way of German convoys?
3. What is an example of sabotage employed by the resistance workers against the Germans?
(a) Buying candles.
(b) Putting sugarcubes in gasoline tanks.
(c) Stealing women and children.
(d) Lighting houses on fire.
4. What is buried in the ground to resemble mines and thus fool the Germans?
(a) Butcher blocks.
(c) Musket rifles.
(d) Soup tureens.
5. Where does the prisoner escape to in the mountains in France with two sisters and their employer?
6. Who asks Khristo to purchase a gun for him?
7. What three countries use Khristo's secret services, making him a pawn?
(a) France, Germany, and the Soviet Union.
(b) France, Soviet Union, and England.
(c) Soviet Union, England, and Germany.
(d) Soviet Union, Bulgaria, and Germany.
8. What does the file that the former spy in the Siberian gold mining operation contain information on?
(a) Monetary secrets.
(b) Economic secrets.
(c) Political secrets.
(d) Hazard secrets.
9. Who is in a Siberian gold mining operation?
10. Who is the man that gives Khristov the name of the head waiter?
(c) Vladi Z.
11. After whose murder do the Paris police become involved in the case involving the couriers?
(a) An Indian man.
(b) A Bulgarian man.
(c) A Scottish man.
(d) A German man.
12. Who are killed in the remote mountain village that Khristo feels uneasy about?
(a) Fusari and Vigi.
(b) Khristo and Sascha.
(c) Grant and Lee.
(d) Robert and Ulysses.
13. Who is getting married and moving to America that Khristo likes?
14. When did Robert come to the United States?
15. Who is the Bulgarian expatriate that Khristo works for?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country are the people poorly fed as fear of Gestapo grows in 1941?
2. As the former spy tries to get out of Paris, what group prevents his quick departure?
3. With whom is Robert at a sporting event when he hears an announcement on the loud speaker about war?
4. What language does Robert speak so well that makes him invaluable to the secret service?
5. Who changes his name to Nikko Petrov in the camp?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)