|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Khristo run into when he goes to the bookstore where his girlfriend used to work?
2. What two governments are on good terms and uneasy with Fitzware's disclosures?
(a) French and Soviet.
(b) American and British.
(c) Bulgarian and Italian.
(d) German and English.
3. Who is in a Siberian gold mining operation?
4. How many years of torture is the former spy in the Siberian gold mining operation sentenced to?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 50 years.
5. Who is assigned to assist a Swiss professor in interpreting radio signals from Bulgaria?
6. Where do the wounded resistance workers take refuge?
(a) A convent.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) A brothel.
7. What is buried in the ground to resemble mines and thus fool the Germans?
(a) Musket rifles.
(b) Butcher blocks.
(d) Soup tureens.
8. Where is Khristo in 1937?
9. Who does Khristo meet that tells him the identity of the real German spy at the school?
10. What three countries use Khristo's secret services, making him a pawn?
(a) Soviet Union, England, and Germany.
(b) France, Germany, and the Soviet Union.
(c) Soviet Union, Bulgaria, and Germany.
(d) France, Soviet Union, and England.
11. What is the American version of the secret service?
12. When did Robert come to the United States?
13. Who is the Bulgarian expatriate that Khristo works for?
14. When Khristov first left Bulgaria, what kind of camp is he placed in with other spies?
15. In December of 1941, what does Robert work as in New York City?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A designer.
(c) An illustrator.
(d) A copywriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the prisoner get out of the French prison in 1941?
2. Who does Khristo realize has taken away his girlfriend from the apartment?
3. In 1937 where has Khristo found work as a waiter?
4. Who is NOT in the resistance group in the Cambras?
5. After whose murder do the Paris police become involved in the case involving the couriers?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)