|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the door of the roof where the blue light signal is being emitted from in Madrid?
(a) A bull's eye.
(b) A security illusion.
(c) A double lock.
(d) A combination lock.
2. What kind of band is Drazen in charge of that is sent by the Soviets to make strategic explosions in the city?
3. Who came from Soviet Russia and talks to the men in Vidin like he is one of them?
4. Who is the informant living in Madrid that has infiltrated a few local anarchist groups?
5. What do the spy students develop as a result of their training and the bitter cold?
(b) A constant wariness.
6. What is Khristo's brother's name?
7. The Bulgarian militia are proud of _________symbols on their clothing.
8. What kind of pilot is Luders?
(d) Old time.
9. In what year does Khristo watch a march by the local fascist militia in Bulgaria?
10. After what event is the family that owns the property in Spain visited by Soviets come under house arrest?
(a) A revolution.
(b) A flood.
(c) A death.
(d) An embargo.
11. How does Khristo avoid being tortured by Sascha's supervisor in Moscow?
(a) He says he is sorry.
(b) He murders his friend Kulic.
(c) He pleads for help to become a better spy.
(d) He shows where Sascha is hiding.
12. What ultimately happens to the four people that Kulic tried to avoid killing?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They become leaders.
(c) They are tortured.
(d) They escape.
13. In what year does Chapter Two begin in Spain?
14. Who are the two clerks that come to help the wealthy draftsman that has business in Tarragon?
(a) Torres and Tito.
(b) Jan and James.
(c) Avila and Aruba.
(d) Khristo and Sascha.
15. Where are the Soviets sending engineers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the house that burned and appears at the police house the next morning to make sure the authorities did not think he was part of the Communists?
2. Who are involved in an attack upon the deserted Finnish Embassy?
3. Who is Sascha's supervisor that calls Khristo in Moscow?
4. When someone removed a blue lantern signal, what could not be bombed?
5. How many years older is Khristo to his brother?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)