|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the phrase "having dirt in the mouth" mean?
(a) To live.
(b) To be happy.
(c) To die.
(d) To say dirty words.
2. Who are the two clerks that come to help the wealthy draftsman that has business in Tarragon?
(a) Avila and Aruba.
(b) Torres and Tito.
(c) Khristo and Sascha.
(d) Jan and James.
3. Who realizes that if he stays in Vidin he will be murdered?
4. Who turns out to be the spy that Khristov has to kill according to Sascha?
5. What does Kulic shoot in the air to pretend that he killed the four people he was instructed to kill by the Soviet embassy political officer?
(b) Shots in the air.
(c) Balloons on a post.
6. Where are the Soviets sending engineers?
7. What are the two parties in Spain that have an uneasy alliance?
(a) Socialists and Marxists.
(b) Marxists and Economists.
(c) Democrats and socialists.
(d) Democrats and anarchists.
8. How does Khristo avoid being tortured by Sascha's supervisor in Moscow?
(a) He murders his friend Kulic.
(b) He shows where Sascha is hiding.
(c) He says he is sorry.
(d) He pleads for help to become a better spy.
9. After a verbal confrontation with the militia men, who is kicked to death?
10. What family and its descendants have owned all the property for centuries in the town in Spain that the Soviets arrive in?
11. Who is the wealthy draftsman who has business in Tarragon and is allowed to continue to work without interruption because the government needs the funds he brings to the town?
12. Who are the spy students in Moscow?
(a) Nikko, Khristo, Kulic, and Voluta.
(b) Nikko, Voluta, Kulic, and Arbat.
(c) Khristo, Kulic, Goldman and Voluta.
(d) Khristo, Kulic, Voluta, and Nikko.
13. Who becomes Khristo's lover?
14. Who is Khristo's new partner that is connected to the high officials through his father?
15. When someone removed a blue lantern signal, what could not be bombed?
(a) An armory.
(b) A landing strip.
(c) An airport.
(d) A tank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kulic instructed to kill by the Soviet embassy political officer?
2. What name does the Bulgarian militia get from wearing goose feathers in their hats?
3. What ultimately happens to the four people that Kulic tried to avoid killing?
4. Who is the American resistance fighter's lover in Madrid?
5. What kind of mission is Kulic sent on once officials realize that he acted mercifully with the four people he was supposed to kill?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)