• In Vidin, Bulgaria, Khristo and his brother Nikko watch a military parade.
• The boys make fun of the military feathers and engage in a silly argument with officials.
• However, the officers attack and kick Nikko to death.
• Antipin arrives from Russia and brings literature about revolution.
• He encourages Khristo to become a spy and Khristo leaves with him to Moscow.
• Khristo is an excellent spy and in the cold winter, studies hard.
• He has a lover named Marike that he is forced to kill as part of an assignment by Sascha, his handler.
• Khristo bonds with fellow spies at the school in Moscow.
• They form their own code BF 825 which helps them find each other later on.
• Sascha takes Khristo to use his training in Spain at the beginning of the Spanish Civil War.
• In San Ximene, Spain, the Aguilar family is under house...
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)