|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Norris' trouble start?
(a) When he starts dealing drugs.
(b) When he threatens a mobster.
(c) When he falls off the ledge.
(d) When he falls in love with a client.
2. In The Ledge, what is Stan Norris' profession?
(a) He is a love counselor.
(b) He is a mobster.
(c) He teachs tennis.
(d) He is a drug dealer.
3. When Booth, Tookey, and the man arrive at the car, what do they discover?
(a) It is on fire.
(b) It is gone.
(c) It has been smashed.
(d) It is empty.
4. What do people think when they see the young man in The Man Who Loved Flowers?
(a) That he is stupid.
(b) That he is insane.
(c) That he is in love.
(d) That he is rich.
5. What is Elizabeth's roommate concerned about?
(a) Elizabeth's lack of commitment to Ed.
(b) Elizabeth's boyfriend.
(c) Elizabeth's grades.
(d) Elizabeth's growing relationship with Ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vicky honk the car horn?
2. How does Elizabeth keep Ed at arm's length?
3. What does the narrator of Strawberry Spring suspect?
4. What is The Woman in the Room about?
5. What is the name of the young man's special lady in The Man Who Loved Flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Quitters, Inc. what sight causes Morrison to want to go to the police and not accept the program he signed up for?
2. What is the basic premise of I Know What You Need?
3. What does the ledge symbolize in the story The Ledge?
4. What can we tell about Booth and Tookey's characters when they decide to help the man in One for the Road?
5. What has ironically turned into a source of danger in One for the Road and how?
6. What evidence points to the narrator of Strawberry Spring being the serial killer?
7. What does "strawberry spring" refer to?
8. What does Children of the Corn suggest cornfields are a symbol of?
9. What do people think about the young man in The Man Who Loved Flowers and is their assumption correct?
10. What type of person is Stan Norris in The Ledge?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)