|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something the person who comes to mow Harold's lawn does?
(a) Eats the lawn cuttings like a goat.
(b) Eats a squirrel.
(c) Eats a woodchuck.
(d) He is naked.
2. What did Larry do to save his sister when they were children?
(a) Pile hay underneath her.
(b) Catch her.
(c) Get another ladder.
(d) Call their father.
3. Why does Vicky have an aversion to religion?
(a) Because of her preacher father.
(b) Because she gets confused by it.
(c) Because of her preacher mother.
(d) Because she worships the devil.
4. What special gift does Ed have?
(a) Extra-sensory perception.
(d) Magic powers.
5. What does Johnny's mother ask him to sneak her sometimes?
(b) Her journal.
(d) Powerful painkillers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vicky honk the car horn?
2. What do people think when they see the young man in The Man Who Loved Flowers?
3. What does Larry find out happened to his sister?
4. What connection does Ed have with Elizabeth's boyfriend?
5. What is the name of the young man's special lady in The Man Who Loved Flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does marital discord influence the story in Children of the Corn?
2. What evidence points to the narrator of Strawberry Spring being the serial killer?
3. What is the main purpose of The Man Who Loved Flowers?
4. What can we tell about Booth and Tookey's characters when they decide to help the man in One for the Road?
5. How can The Woman in the Room still be considered a horror story though it is not the traditional kind?
6. What has ironically turned into a source of danger in One for the Road and how?
7. What does "strawberry spring" refer to?
8. What is the symbol of the ladder in The Last Rung on the Ladder?
9. What does the ledge symbolize in the story The Ledge?
10. Briefly describe Elizabeth's character in I Know What You Need.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)