|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Booth, Tookey, and the man arrive at the car, what do they discover?
(a) It has been smashed.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is gone.
(d) It is on fire.
2. Why does Harold decide to hire someone to mow his lawn?
(a) His wife wants the lawn mowed.
(b) The neighbors complain that his lawn is dirty.
(c) There are wild animals living in his lawn.
(d) His lawn has gotten too wild to ignore.
3. What does Johnny give his mother?
(a) Six of the powerful pills.
(c) A lot of Aspirin.
(d) A mix of drugs.
4. With what sort of intention about smoking does Dick Morrison go to Quitters, Inc.?
(a) Not fully committed to quit.
(b) Half-hearted intention to quit.
(c) Full-fledged intention to quit.
(d) Nonchalant commitment to quit.
5. Where does Johnny leave the pill bottle?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) On the pillow by his mother.
(c) Inside the top of his mother's purse.
(d) In the trashcan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The records that Burt finds shows that the deaths of the people occurred on exactly what day?
2. What special gift does Ed have?
3. What does Cressner reveal to Norris?
4. What is the young man whom Elizabeth meets at the beginning of I Know What You Need convinced of?
5. What explanation does the person who is mowing the lawn give to Harold about his behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main purpose of The Man Who Loved Flowers?
2. What decision does Johnny struggle with in The Woman in the Room?
3. What convinces Morrison to quit smoking?
4. What does the ledge symbolize in the story The Ledge?
5. Briefly describe Elizabeth's character in I Know What You Need.
6. What evidence points to the narrator of Strawberry Spring being the serial killer?
7. How can The Woman in the Room still be considered a horror story though it is not the traditional kind?
8. In Quitters, Inc. what sight causes Morrison to want to go to the police and not accept the program he signed up for?
9. What does "strawberry spring" refer to?
10. What is Harold horrified to learn about the man he hired to mow his lawn in The Lawnmower Man?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)