|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young man in The Man Who Loved Flowers stop to purchase?
2. Why did Katrina let go when Larry told her to even though she didn't know what he was planning?
(a) Because she trusted him.
(b) Because she knew he called their father.
(c) Because she knew he had another ladder ready.
(d) Because she knew he was piling hay underneath her.
3. What does Johnny find in his mother's medicine cabinet?
(a) Her daily medications.
(c) Some powerful painkillers.
(d) Her journal.
4. In The Ledge, what is Stan Norris' profession?
(a) He is a mobster.
(b) He is a love counselor.
(c) He is a drug dealer.
(d) He teachs tennis.
5. What has happened to the wife and daughter in One For the Road?
(a) They have been killed by the vampires.
(b) They have been eaten by the vampires.
(c) They have been turned into vampires.
(d) They have been burned by the vampires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny's mother ask him to sneak her sometimes?
2. What theme is The Lawnmower Man based on?
3. What is the problem between Burt and Vicky?
4. What do people think when they see the young man in The Man Who Loved Flowers?
5. What causes the narrator of Strawberry Spring to flashback?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does marital discord influence the story in Children of the Corn?
2. What do we learn of Katrina's fate in The Last Rung on the Ladder?
3. What do people think about the young man in The Man Who Loved Flowers and is their assumption correct?
4. What type of person is Stan Norris in The Ledge?
5. What evidence points to the narrator of Strawberry Spring being the serial killer?
6. What decision does Johnny struggle with in The Woman in the Room?
7. What is the symbol of the ladder in The Last Rung on the Ladder?
8. What does the ledge symbolize in the story The Ledge?
9. In Quitters, Inc. what sight causes Morrison to want to go to the police and not accept the program he signed up for?
10. What is the main purpose of The Man Who Loved Flowers?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)