|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dirk want to borrow from Magee?
2. How many times does Dirk have the area around the old railroad bed photographed?
3. Who does Gly disguise himself to look like?
4. Where does Heidi think the Manhattan Limited might be?
5. What is Gly's price for not turning incriminating photographs over to the press?
Short Essay Questions
1. What damage is done by the explosives that Gly sets off on the Empress?
2. How does Gly escape death when the hydroplane rams into a Japanese cargo ship?
3. What four things does Dirk tell Moon he has to have if he is going to look for the North American Treaty?
4. What four different systems will be used to tunnel through the Empress?
5. What is odd about the train wreck of the Manhattan Limited?
6. How does Eric Caldweiler figure out how to get into the quarry?
7. Why does Heidi want to start searching the Empress of Ireland first?
8. What Sarveux comes home from the hospital, what does he tell Villon?
9. What does Dirk find at Coles Point?
10. Who was Clement Massey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the leadership styles of Dirk and Sarveux. Explain why their leadership styles are different and how their personalities affect their leadership styles.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what a night probe is and explain why the term is a good title for the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the author uses cliffhangers in the novel. Use examples from the novel to show how the author keeps readers on the edge of their seats by using cliffhangers.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)