|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a ship on the St. Lawrence River?
2. What would Pitt like to have the next time he takes a trip?
3. What is Mercier's job?
4. Who knew about the Doodlebug project besides the staff at NUMA?
5. Who is the head of NUMA?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it highly unlikely that someone could tap into Pitt's video transmissions?
2. What is some of the equipment in the NUMA headquarters?
3. How do they know that the tragedy at James Bay was not an accident?
4. Who comes into the Wacketshire station while Harding and Meechum wait for the Manhattan Limited?
5. What does Quebec Hydro want if they sell electricity to the United States?
6. What does Admiral Sandecker look like?
7. What does Shields want the man with the dead daughter to do for him?
8. What is the weather like as Sam Harding waits for the Manhattan Limited?
9. How do the Royal Canadian Mounted Police save Sarveux's life?
10. What does John Essex do after Heidi Milligan leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author inserts a bit of himself and his family into every book he writes. Explain the different references that Cussler has inserted into the novel and how they refer to Cussler, his work, his maritime organization, or his family.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of suspense in the novel and explain how suspense advances the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Prime Minister Charles Sarveux compares himself to Lincoln. Argue whether Sarveux's struggles to keep Canada are or are not similar to the struggles that Lincoln faced when trying to keep the United States together. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)