|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who comes into the station want?
2. What does Sandecker do when he is jogging?
3. Within a fifty mile radius of what area did the murders occur that are attributed to Max Roubaix?
4. How much energy does the hydroelectric project produce?
5. Who does Sandecker communicate with in Projection Room B?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Dr. King and Sandecker have differing opinions about making the existence of the Doodlebug known?
2. Describe the Pullman car that Essex is traveling in.
3. Who comes into the Wacketshire station while Harding and Meechum wait for the Manhattan Limited?
4. What does John Essex do after Heidi Milligan leaves?
5. Why does the dispatcher from Albany call the train station?
6. Why is it highly unlikely that someone could tap into Pitt's video transmissions?
7. What does Quebec Hydro want if they sell electricity to the United States?
8. How does Peter Beasley find a reference to the North American Treaty?
9. What does Brigadier General Simms ask Brian Shaw to do?
10. What does a man do when he finds his daughter half buried in the debris on the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel has more than one protagonist. Choose the characters that you believe are the protagonists and and present arguments to support your choices. Use examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Prime Minister Charles Sarveux compares himself to Lincoln. Argue whether Sarveux's struggles to keep Canada are or are not similar to the struggles that Lincoln faced when trying to keep the United States together. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of suspense in the novel and explain how suspense advances the plot.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)