|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the sandbar located?
2. What does Sandecker do when he is jogging?
3. What is the Western Union man doing while waiting for the train?
4. Heidi wants to find information about the letter she found at Princeton. Who does Heidi go to see after she visits the National Archives?
5. How many acres does the James Bay hydroelectric project cover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the injuries that the Prime Minister suffers after escaping the plane.
2. Why do Dr. King and Sandecker have differing opinions about making the existence of the Doodlebug known?
3. Why does Mercier meet with the Secretary of Energy, Ronald Klein?
4. What does Admiral Sandecker look like?
5. What safety precautions are in effect at the hydroelectric plant?
6. Describe the Doodlebug.
7. How do the Royal Canadian Mounted Police save Sarveux's life?
8. Why did Quayle believe that the sub was going to attack the Doodlebug?
9. What does Shields want the man with the dead daughter to do for him?
10. What is the weather like as Sam Harding waits for the Manhattan Limited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what a night probe is and explain why the term is a good title for the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cussler uses imagery to make each scene come alive in the novel. What senses does Cussler usually appeal to?
Essay Topic 3
There are several different types of genre that might describe Night Probe! Select a genre that you feel fits the novel, and use examples from the book to show how the book fits into the genre that you chose.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)