|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brian Shaw meet Heidi?
(a) The British Consulate.
(b) At Dulles Airport.
(c) Graham Humberly's home.
(d) On the naval base.
2. What explosive is Dirk's crew using for a controlled explosion on the Empress?
3. What was Clement Massey's alias?
(a) Classy Clement.
(b) The Dandy.
(c) Dapper Dan.
(d) Dapper Doyle.
4. What is the speed of the current in the Hudson River where divers are looking for the Manhattan Limited?
(a) 3 knots.
(b) 1 knot.
(c) 2 knots.
(d) 4 knots.
5. Who does Dirk want Sandecker to call in to get maps from railroad archives?
(c) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the robber who robbed the Wacketshire station?
2. What is Gly's price for not turning incriminating photographs over to the press?
3. What did the RSV Baby cost to build?
4. How many hours does Lieutenant Commander Weeks give Dirk to retrieve his men and equipment?
5. What top secret program does the President want Mercier and Klein to coordinate with the State Department and Central Intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the President's Chief of Staff meet Dirk at a car auction?
2. Describe how the Empress of Ireland sank.
3. What damage is done by the explosives that Gly sets off on the Empress?
4. What are the conditions that Sarveux sets for an independent Quebec?
5. How was the research boat, the De Soto, damaged?
6. Why does Heidi want to start searching the Empress of Ireland first?
7. How does Dirk believe that Harding and Meechum were fooled the night that the Manhattan Limited disappeared?
8. What message does Shaw want Heidi to pass on to Alan Mercier?
9. What does Dirk instruct the divers to do when he notices an extra man working on the wreck?
10. What does Dirk learn when he takes portions of the bridge to be examined at the Heiser Foundation analytic labs?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)