|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shaw pretend to be when Sandecker calls the Gramercy Park Hotel?
(a) The desk clerk.
(b) The manager.
(d) The assistant manager.
2. What was Clement Massey's alias?
(a) Dapper Dan.
(b) Classy Clement.
(c) Dapper Doyle.
(d) The Dandy.
3. What type of cigars does Sandecker smoke?
(a) Cigars from Cuba.
(b) Cigars from the Dominican Republic.
(c) Cigars from Honduras.
(d) Cigars from Nicaragua.
4. Who drives Dirk's car to the airport?
(c) His secretary.
5. Where does Danielle stay when she travels to buy clothes?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At a friend's townhouse.
(c) With her mother.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the author compare Premier Jules Guerrier's appearance?
2. What is in the center of the vessel anchored over the wreck of the Empress of Ireland?
3. What was Shields' cabin number on the Empress?
4. Who does Gly disguise himself to look like?
5. Near what Quebec city does Dirk go to meet with Jules Le Mat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Clement Massey?
2. What four things does Dirk tell Moon he has to have if he is going to look for the North American Treaty?
3. Why does Giordino favor starting the search for the treaty at the site of the train wreck?
4. What was Massey's plan to get the gold shipment, and what was the outcome?
5. What are the conditions that Sarveux sets for an independent Quebec?
6. What damage is done by the explosives that Gly sets off on the Empress?
7. Why does the President's Chief of Staff meet Dirk at a car auction?
8. Why does Heidi want to start searching the Empress of Ireland first?
9. How does Gly escape death when the hydroplane rams into a Japanese cargo ship?
10. How was the research boat, the De Soto, damaged?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)