|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shaw take Heidi?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Santa Barbara.
2. When must the President have a copy of the treaty?
3. Who does Villon tell Shaw he should use to coordinate the destruction of the Empress of Ireland?
(a) Superintendent McComb.
(b) Foss Gly.
4. Out of the original British forces, how many remain unwounded?
5. How many times does Dirk have the area around the old railroad bed photographed?
(a) Five times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dirk drive after his flight from Canada?
2. How long had the Mounties known about Danielle's affair with Villon?
3. To whom does the author compare Premier Jules Guerrier's appearance?
4. How does Gly kill Danielle and Villon?
5. What happens to Heidi when Gly sets off the explosives on the Empress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eric Caldweiler figure out how to get into the quarry?
2. Why does Giordino favor starting the search for the treaty at the site of the train wreck?
3. What four different systems will be used to tunnel through the Empress?
4. What information does Joe Epstein, a columnist for the Baltimore Sun, research for Dirk?
5. What pattern does Gly follow for his assassinations?
6. Describe how the Empress of Ireland sank.
7. How was the research boat, the De Soto, damaged?
8. Why does the President need the copy of the treaty?
9. Why is Sarveux very surprised to see Villon at the end of Chapter 67?
10. What Sarveux comes home from the hospital, what does he tell Villon?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)