|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the author compare Premier Jules Guerrier's appearance?
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Norman Rockwell.
2. What vehicle does Shaw use when he takes Heidi for a drive?
(a) Cadillac Eldorado.
(b) Chevy Camaro.
(c) Mercedes Benz E-Class Cabriolet.
(d) Rolls Royce Corniche.
3. What was on the Manhattan Limited that would have been worth stealing?
(a) A million dollars in gold bars.
(b) Two million in gold coins.
(c) A million dollar payroll for the train company.
(d) A million dollars in U.S. currency.
4. When was the last time anyone saw the Manhattan Limited up close?
(a) When it left the Albany station.
(b) When it left Wacketshire.
(c) When it left New York.
(d) When it left Columbiaville.
5. How far down is the bedrock on the Hudson River where Giordino is looking for the Manhattan Limited?
(a) 18 feet.
(b) 25 feet.
(c) 37 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Dirk wonder if Harrison Moon IV has ever read?
2. Where does the President meet with Mercier and Klein after learning about the North American Treaty?
3. How does Gly kill Danielle and Villon?
4. What was Clement Massey's alias?
5. Where does Gly shoot Villon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Heidi want to start searching the Empress of Ireland first?
2. Why is Sarveux very surprised to see Villon at the end of Chapter 67?
3. What are the conditions that Sarveux sets for an independent Quebec?
4. Why does the President's Chief of Staff meet Dirk at a car auction?
5. What was Massey's plan to get the gold shipment, and what was the outcome?
6. What four things does Dirk tell Moon he has to have if he is going to look for the North American Treaty?
7. Why is Villon surprised when Gly comes up to him and Danielle when they are near the ferry dock?
8. What four different systems will be used to tunnel through the Empress?
9. What information does Joe Epstein, a columnist for the Baltimore Sun, research for Dirk?
10. How does Dirk believe that Harding and Meechum were fooled the night that the Manhattan Limited disappeared?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)