|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shields ask a man to find for him?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A travel case.
(c) Something to eat.
(d) A jacket.
2. How many people die on the Prime Minister's plane?
3. What is Mercier's job?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Secretary of the Treasury.
(c) National Security Adviser.
(d) Attorney General.
4. How many people die on the train?
5. When was the locomotive built?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who stops Sandecker when he is out jogging want information about?
2. Where was Foss Gly born?
3. What train is supposed to be coming into the station?
4. Where does Villon meet Gly after the botched assassination attempt to kill the Prime Minister by shooting down his plane?
5. What nickname has the train engineer given the locomotive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a man do when he finds his daughter half buried in the debris on the ship?
2. Why does the dispatcher from Albany call the train station?
3. What safety precautions are in effect at the hydroelectric plant?
4. What is Hiram Meechum, the Western Union man, doing while he waits for the train?
5. How do they know that the tragedy at James Bay was not an accident?
6. Why does Harvey Shields think he is experiencing a nightmare?
7. Why were the tests of the Doodlebug conducted in the Labrador Sea?
8. What does Quebec Hydro want if they sell electricity to the United States?
9. Why did Quayle believe that the sub was going to attack the Doodlebug?
10. Describe the Pullman car that Essex is traveling in.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)