|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the sandbar located?
(a) Near Newfoundland.
(b) Near Greenland.
(c) Near Labrador.
(d) Near Quebec.
2. Why doesn't Sandecker ignore a call that is coming in when he has finally gotten home after a long day?
(a) The call is coming in on the direct line from NUMA.
(b) Caller ID shows the caller's phone number.
(c) He is expecting a call.
(d) He always answers the phone no matter how tired he is or how late it may be.
3. What does the person who comes into the station want?
(a) To let them know about the bridge.
(c) A place to get out of the storm.
(d) To make a phone call.
4. Why is a tugboat captain from Catskill angry?
(a) Passengers from a train threw things while going over a bridge.
(b) The drawbridge needs to be raised.
(c) A bridge girder dropped on his boat.
(d) The engineer of a train dumped trash while crossing a bridge.
5. Why does Dr. King call Sandecker at home?
(a) To tell him that the Doodlebug has been damaged.
(b) To tell him that the Doodlebug has found something.
(c) To tell him that an intruder has been spotted near the Doodlebug.
(d) To tell him they have lost contact with the Doodlebug.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Sandecker meet after the Doodlebug is attacked?
2. Why does the dispatcher from Albany call the train station?
3. What are the projected yields for the oil-producing sandbar that the Doodlebug finds?
4. From where does Mercier suggest that the United States buy electricity?
5. Heidi wants to find information about the letter she found at Princeton. Who does Heidi go to see after she visits the National Archives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Quebec Hydro want if they sell electricity to the United States?
2. Why were the tests of the Doodlebug conducted in the Labrador Sea?
3. How do they know that the tragedy at James Bay was not an accident?
4. Why is Mercier worried as he works late at the beginning of Chapter 21?
5. What does a man do when he finds his daughter half buried in the debris on the ship?
6. How does Peter Beasley find a reference to the North American Treaty?
7. Who comes into the Wacketshire station while Harding and Meechum wait for the Manhattan Limited?
8. Why does the dispatcher from Albany call the train station?
9. Describe the injuries that the Prime Minister suffers after escaping the plane.
10. What have been some challenges that Sarveux has faced during the time he has been Prime Minister?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)