|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who stops Sandecker when he is out jogging want information about?
(d) Dr. King.
2. Why did Gly leave his home state?
(a) His parents died.
(b) He was tired of living in a small town.
(c) He killed his grandfather.
(d) His grandmother died.
3. What does Villon ask the officer in charge of the Mounted Police records department to find?
(a) Records on Foss Gly.
(b) Records on the Prime Minister.
(c) Records on the plane crash.
(d) Records on Max Roubaix.
4. How far can the Doodlebug see through rock?
(a) 13 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
5. Who does Sandecker call when the sub attacks the Doodlebug?
(a) Jason Kellogg.
(b) Andrew Brown.
(c) David Keller.
(d) Joe Kemper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Sandecker want before he will discuss his project with the President?
2. In Chapter 4, with whom does Mercier meet in the afternoon?
3. Why is a tugboat captain from Catskill angry?
4. How can the Doodlebug identify minerals?
5. How long will Pitt and his crew stay around looking for mineral contacts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harvey Shields think he is experiencing a nightmare?
2. What does John Essex do after Heidi Milligan leaves?
3. Why were the tests of the Doodlebug conducted in the Labrador Sea?
4. How do they know that the tragedy at James Bay was not an accident?
5. What does Shields want the man with the dead daughter to do for him?
6. Why is it highly unlikely that someone could tap into Pitt's video transmissions?
7. Why do Dr. King and Sandecker have differing opinions about making the existence of the Doodlebug known?
8. What is Hiram Meechum, the Western Union man, doing while he waits for the train?
9. What does Brigadier General Simms ask Brian Shaw to do?
10. What does the Doodlebug find?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)