|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dirk not feeling well when he returns to Washington after the torpedo incident?
(a) He has a headache.
(b) He has caught a cold.
(c) He has a sinus infection.
(d) He is sick to his stomach.
2. What was Shields' cabin number on the Empress?
3. After Heidi receives a phone call at the hotel, where does Shaw go?
(a) Hudson River.
(b) The De Soto.
(c) The site of the old train station in Wacketshire.
(d) Long Island Railroad Museum.
4. What does Pitt have airlifted to the expedition site for the Manhattan Limited?
(c) A special piece of digging equipment.
(d) An all-terrain vehicle.
5. How far down is the bedrock on the Hudson River where Giordino is looking for the Manhattan Limited?
(a) 25 feet.
(b) 37 feet.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) 18 feet.
6. What does Pitt use to examine the aerial photographs?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) Two hand lenses.
(d) A microscope.
7. How long does it take Dr. Galasso to remove the oilcloth from the travel bag?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 45 minutes.
8. Near what Quebec city does Dirk go to meet with Jules Le Mat?
(d) St. Georges.
9. Where does Heidi think the Manhattan Limited might be?
(a) In an old limestone quarry.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In an old coal pit.
10. How does Gly kill Danielle and Villon?
(a) He strangles them.
(b) He shoots them both in the head.
(c) He suffocates them.
(d) He buries them alive.
11. Who is creating the ghost train?
(a) Sam Harding's grandson.
(b) Ansel Magee.
(c) Hiram Meecham's granddaughter.
(d) Clement Massey's brother.
12. What is the name of the ship that hit the Empress of Ireland?
13. How many people die after the explosion that Gly sets off?
14. Who will head up the search on the Empress of Ireland?
15. What research boat is Giordino using for the expedition to search for the Manhattan Limited?
(a) De Soto.
(c) De Ville.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the President meet with Mercier and Klein after learning about the North American Treaty?
2. What type of cigars does Sandecker smoke?
3. To whom does the author compare Premier Jules Guerrier's appearance?
4. What top secret program does the President want Mercier and Klein to coordinate with the State Department and Central Intelligence?
5. How long does it take the Empress of Ireland to sink after being hit?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)