|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time anyone saw the Manhattan Limited up close?
(a) When it left New York.
(b) When it left Columbiaville.
(c) When it left Wacketshire.
(d) When it left the Albany station.
2. What type of car is Dirk driving from the Washington airport?
(a) 1961 Austin Healey 3000.
(b) 1948 Packard convertible.
(c) 1958 Cadillac convertible.
(d) 1966 AC Ford Cobra.
3. How many times does Dirk have the area around the old railroad bed photographed?
(a) Five times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Three times.
4. Who will head up the search on the Empress of Ireland?
5. What did the RSV Baby cost to build?
6. Who does Harrison Moon IV say is one of the men who kidnapped the RSV?
(a) Brian Shaw.
(b) Andrew Wyatt.
(c) Foss Gly.
(d) Dr. Otis Coli.
7. Who does Villon tell Shaw he should use to coordinate the destruction of the Empress of Ireland?
(c) Foss Gly.
(d) Superintendent McComb.
8. What was on the Manhattan Limited that would have been worth stealing?
(a) A million dollar payroll for the train company.
(b) A million dollars in U.S. currency.
(c) A million dollars in gold bars.
(d) Two million in gold coins.
9. Near what Quebec city does Dirk go to meet with Jules Le Mat?
(a) St. Georges.
10. Where is Dirk heading after leaving the site of the Empress of Ireland?
(c) Washington, D. C.
11. Who does Guerrier's bodyguard swear is the last person to see the Premier?
12. Who makes one last dive to the Empress?
13. What does Dirk ask the helicopter pilot, who brings Heidi to the wreck site, to bring on his next run?
(b) A case of peanut butter.
(d) Hand guns.
14. On what type of a night does the phantom train make noise and show a light?
(a) Cloudy nights.
(b) Whenever there is a quarter moon.
(c) Clear nights.
(d) Whenever there is a full moon.
15. What does Ansel Magee do for a living?
(a) He is a poet.
(b) He is a sculptor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does General Simms go fishing near the River Blackwater?
2. Who is creating the ghost train?
3. What is the name of the ship that hit the Empress of Ireland?
4. What was the United States to get as part of the North American Treaty?
5. Where does Danielle stay when she travels to buy clothes?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)