|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time anyone saw the Manhattan Limited up close?
(a) When it left Wacketshire.
(b) When it left the Albany station.
(c) When it left New York.
(d) When it left Columbiaville.
2. What did Magee's house used to be?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The Wacketshire station.
(c) A Wacketshire bank.
(d) The Wacketshire post office.
3. On what type of a night does the phantom train make noise and show a light?
(a) Cloudy nights.
(b) Clear nights.
(c) Whenever there is a full moon.
(d) Whenever there is a quarter moon.
4. Who does Guerrier's bodyguard swear is the last person to see the Premier?
5. What does Ansel Magee do for a living?
(a) He is a poet.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a sculptor.
6. Where is the Doodlebug taken after the torpedo incident?
(c) Washington, D.C.
7. How long does it take Dr. Galasso to remove the oilcloth from the travel bag?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
8. What is in the center of the vessel anchored over the wreck of the Empress of Ireland?
(b) A derrick.
(c) A command center.
(d) A telescope.
9. How many times does Dirk have the area around the old railroad bed photographed?
(a) Three times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Five times.
10. What does a JIM suit weigh in air with an operator inside?
(a) 11,000 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
11. How many days behind schedule is Giordino at the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 days.
12. Who does Dirk want Sandecker to call in to get maps from railroad archives?
(d) The President.
13. Why does Dirk consult Preston Beatty?
(a) He is an explosives expert.
(b) He is an expert on unsolved crimes.
(c) He is an engineer who specializes in bridges.
(d) He is a train analyst.
14. What explosive is Dirk's crew using for a controlled explosion on the Empress?
15. After Heidi receives a phone call at the hotel, where does Shaw go?
(a) The site of the old train station in Wacketshire.
(b) Long Island Railroad Museum.
(c) Hudson River.
(d) The De Soto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car does Dirk buy at the car auction?
2. What does Pitt use to examine the aerial photographs?
3. What does Pitt have airlifted to the expedition site for the Manhattan Limited?
4. Where is Dirk heading after leaving the site of the Empress of Ireland?
5. What does Gly go back for after killing Guerrier?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)