|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Danielle when she returns home after seeing her husband in the hospital?
(a) Foss Gly.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Sarveux's parents.
(d) Henri Villon.
2. Who knew about the Doodlebug project besides the staff at NUMA?
(a) The Secretary of Energy.
(b) The Secretary of State.
(c) The former CIA Director.
(d) The former President.
3. Who is the head of NUMA?
4. What nickname has the train engineer given the locomotive?
(b) Steamy Sam.
(c) Gallopin' Lena.
(d) Speeding Stanley.
5. What did Pitt and Giordino do together in high school?
(a) Played basketball.
(b) Played football.
(c) Played soccer.
(d) Played hockey.
6. While Harding and Meechum wait for the Manhattan Limited, who comes into the station?
(a) A train employee from headquarters.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) A man fastidiously dressed.
(d) A farmer.
7. What is the date in Chapter 1?
(a) May 1914.
(b) September 1914.
(c) July 1911.
(d) August 1912.
8. Who is Dirk's secretary?
(a) Zia Jablonsky.
(b) Zerri Pochinsky.
(c) Laurina Blonski.
(d) Marina Malinsky.
9. How long will Pitt and his crew stay around looking for mineral contacts?
(a) Until the fuel runs out.
(b) Until the food runs out.
(c) Two more days.
(d) Five more days.
10. What does Sandecker do when he is jogging?
(a) Chews gum.
(b) Smokes a cigar.
(c) Talks to himself.
11. Why does Dr. King call Sandecker at home?
(a) To tell him they have lost contact with the Doodlebug.
(b) To tell him that the Doodlebug has been damaged.
(c) To tell him that an intruder has been spotted near the Doodlebug.
(d) To tell him that the Doodlebug has found something.
12. What comparison does Villon make about his appearance and Gly's appearance?
(a) They could be cousins.
(b) They both work out.
(c) They have the same color eyes.
(d) They could almost be brothers.
13. What is the name of the ship that Pitt is on?
(a) Down Under.
(b) Sand Buggy.
(c) Ship of Discovery.
14. Where was Foss Gly born?
(b) Flagstaff, Arizona.
(c) Toronto, Canada.
(d) New York, New York.
15. How long does Sandecker want before he will discuss his project with the President?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What English naval officer agrees to look for references to the North American Treaty?
2. When he is in the hospital, who does Sarveux say that Henri Villon must consult?
3. How many acres does the James Bay hydroelectric project cover?
4. Who does Sandecker call when the sub attacks the Doodlebug?
5. What would Pitt like to have the next time he takes a trip?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)