|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a tugboat captain from Catskill angry?
(a) The drawbridge needs to be raised.
(b) Passengers from a train threw things while going over a bridge.
(c) A bridge girder dropped on his boat.
(d) The engineer of a train dumped trash while crossing a bridge.
2. After Dr. King calls Sandecker at home, what does Sandecker forget to do before going back to NUMA?
(a) Get his car keys.
(b) Grab a jacket.
(c) Put on his shoes.
(d) Hang up the phone.
3. When was the locomotive built?
4. What happens to Shields at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He gets in an accident.
(c) He falls and breaks a leg.
(d) He cuts his arm.
5. Who has Heidi been studying for two years as she works on her degree?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) Warren G. Harding.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
6. What does Villon ask the officer in charge of the Mounted Police records department to find?
(a) Records on Foss Gly.
(b) Records on Max Roubaix.
(c) Records on the Prime Minister.
(d) Records on the plane crash.
7. What degree is Heidi Milligan working toward?
(a) Bachelor of Science degree.
(b) Master's degree.
(c) Doctorate degree.
(d) Bachelor of Arts degree.
8. How many acres does the James Bay hydroelectric project cover?
(a) 50 acres.
(b) 25 acres.
(c) 3 acres.
(d) 12 acres.
9. What is the Western Union man doing while waiting for the train?
(a) Having a late supper.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) Playing chess.
(d) Playing cards.
10. How many people die on the train?
11. From where does Mercier suggest that the United States buy electricity?
(a) Toronto Hydro.
(b) Ottawa Power.
(c) Canadian National Electric.
(d) Quebec Hydro.
12. Where does Sandecker have a light dinner after arguing over the NUMA budget?
(a) At a seafood restaurant.
(b) The Capitol building.
(c) At a small diner.
(d) Army and Navy Club.
13. Where is Harvey Shields in Chapter 1?
(a) In a car.
(b) At home.
(c) On a train.
(d) On a sinking Canadian luxury liner.
14. Where does Villon meet Gly after the botched assassination attempt to kill the Prime Minister by shooting down his plane?
(a) A small diner.
(b) A wooded area.
(c) A deserted road.
(d) Gas station.
15. What is the date in Chapter 1?
(a) May 1914.
(b) September 1914.
(c) July 1911.
(d) August 1912.
Short Answer Questions
1. What train company does the ticket agent in Chapter 3 work for?
2. Where is Heidi heading after Dirk sees her off at the airport?
3. Where is Dirk heading after he sees Heidi off at the airport?
4. Why did Gly leave his home state?
5. When he is in the hospital, who does Sarveux say that Henri Villon must consult?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)