|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Brian Shaw at the airport in Washington, D.C.?
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) Jack Murphy.
(d) Heidi Milligan.
2. What disease does Roubaix have?
(b) Lung cancer.
3. How does the Doodlebug survive the torpedo attack?
(a) The torpedo hits a sandbar.
(b) The torpedo hits a rock outcropping.
(c) The torpedo missed.
(d) The torpedo hits a whale.
4. What can Shields see from where he is at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife.
(b) Other passengers.
(c) A dead girl.
(d) Other cars.
5. Who knew about the Doodlebug project besides the staff at NUMA?
(a) The former President.
(b) The former CIA Director.
(c) The Secretary of State.
(d) The Secretary of Energy.
6. Who is a train ticket agent?
(a) Hiram Meechum.
(b) Andrew Stein.
(c) Sam Harding.
(d) David Brown.
7. How many people die on the train?
8. What did Pitt and Giordino do together in high school?
(a) Played football.
(b) Played hockey.
(c) Played basketball.
(d) Played soccer.
9. With whom does Sandecker meet after the Doodlebug is attacked?
(a) Chief of Naval Operations.
(b) Canadian Navy Commander.
(c) The Security Council.
(d) Canadian Foreign Secretary.
10. What does Danielle Sarveux think when she is told that her husband may walk with a cane?
(a) That will be worth 20,000 votes.
(b) He won't be able to jog anymore.
(c) He won't be able to cross country ski.
(d) Thanks goodness it was not more serious.
11. In Chapter 3, where is the train station located?
(a) Buffalo, New York.
(b) Hudson, New York.
(c) Wacketshire, New York.
(d) Rochester, New York.
12. Within a fifty mile radius of what area did the murders occur that are attributed to Max Roubaix?
(a) Moose Jaw, Alberta.
(b) Fort George, Quebec.
(c) Hay River, Northwest Territories.
(d) Churchill, Manitoba.
13. About how long does it take the crew of the Doodlebug to make emergency repairs?
(a) About 3 hours.
(b) About 8 hours.
(c) About 24 hours.
(d) About 13 hours.
14. How far does Sandecker run daily?
(a) 6 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
15. How long will Pitt and his crew stay around looking for mineral contacts?
(a) Five more days.
(b) Until the fuel runs out.
(c) Two more days.
(d) Until the food runs out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mercier's job?
2. What is the Western Union man doing while waiting for the train?
3. How many people die on the Prime Minister's plane?
4. What degree is Heidi Milligan working toward?
5. What are the projected yields for the oil-producing sandbar that the Doodlebug finds?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)