|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date in Chapter 1?
(a) July 1911.
(b) September 1914.
(c) May 1914.
(d) August 1912.
2. How many acres does the James Bay hydroelectric project cover?
(a) 12 acres.
(b) 50 acres.
(c) 3 acres.
(d) 25 acres.
3. What is the Western Union man doing while waiting for the train?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) Having a late supper.
(d) Playing chess.
4. Who is the Western Union night man?
(a) Sam Harding.
(b) Stephen Michaelson.
(c) Hiram Meechum.
(d) Stanley Martinson.
5. In Chapter 3, where is the train station located?
(a) Wacketshire, New York.
(b) Hudson, New York.
(c) Buffalo, New York.
(d) Rochester, New York.
6. What does Sandecker do when he is jogging?
(a) Talks to himself.
(b) Chews gum.
(d) Smokes a cigar.
7. Who stops Sandecker when he is out jogging in Chapter 23?
8. Where does Villon meet Gly after the botched assassination attempt to kill the Prime Minister by shooting down his plane?
(a) Gas station.
(b) A small diner.
(c) A deserted road.
(d) A wooded area.
9. What does the person who stops Sandecker when he is out jogging want information about?
(d) Dr. King.
10. What is John Essex's occupation when Heidi goes to see him?
(a) Horse racing.
(c) Peanut farmer.
(d) Oyster farming.
11. What time does a ship sink on the St. Lawrence River?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 2:10 a.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
12. How much energy does the hydroelectric project produce?
(a) 500,000 kilowatts.
(b) 1,000,000 kilowatts.
(c) 250,000 kilowatts.
(d) 600,000 kilowatts.
13. How long will Pitt and his crew stay around looking for mineral contacts?
(a) Until the food runs out.
(b) Five more days.
(c) Two more days.
(d) Until the fuel runs out.
14. When the reader first meets Alan Mercier, what type of car is he riding in?
(a) Black limo.
(b) Ford sedan.
(c) Chevy sedan.
(d) Chrysler sedan.
15. What happens when Meechum tries to get outside the station to flag the train?
(a) He cuts his hand on the lantern.
(b) He runs into someone coming inside at the same time.
(c) He stumbles.
(d) He is shot and hit on the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Roubaix have?
2. Within a fifty mile radius of what area did the murders occur that are attributed to Max Roubaix?
3. Where in England is a reference to the North American Treaty found?
4. Where is Heidi heading after Dirk sees her off at the airport?
5. How far can the Doodlebug see through rock?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)