1. What is the date in Chapter 1?
2. What nickname has the train engineer given the locomotive?
3. When was the locomotive built?
4. What is Richard Essex doing on the train?
Writing a letter to his wife.
5. Where is Harvey Shields in Chapter 1?
On a sinking Canadian luxury liner.
6. What can Shields see from where he is at the beginning of the book?
A dead girl.
7. What happens to a ship on the St. Lawrence River?
8. What does Shields ask a man to find for him?
A travel case.
9. What time does a ship sink on the St. Lawrence River?
This section contains 3,804 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)