|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Koop want to interact with the couple who get a flat tire?
2. Who lets Davenport onto the roof on the building across from Sara's?
3. What two features of the killer can the street witnesses agree on after the attack on the woman in Chapter 25?
4. Which former employer of Koop's does Davenport speak with?
5. Where do Davenport and Connell first question Sara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davenport tell Jan Reed about the junkyard bust once she starts asking questions?
2. What causes the police detectives to head to Joe Hillerod's house in Chapter 16?
3. What stops Koop from attacking Evan the first time he sees him being intimate with Sara?
4. What does Koop do to try to build an alibi right after Evan's attack?
5. What comment about deaf people does Weather make that triggers an epiphany for Davenport about his case?
6. What does Davenport learn from Paul Johnston?
7. Why is Sara so upset after Evan's attack?
8. What do Connell and Davenport both feel is likely to happen after the attack on Evan?
9. What is suspicious to the police about where Koop lives and about his truck?
10. Why are Davenport and Connell so concerned about arresting Koop early?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least four aspects of "Night Prey" that can easily be carried over into another novel in the Lucas Davenport mystery series.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Sandford portrays authority figures in "Night Prey," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least three things that Sandford is able to do with the character of Davenport because he is a man AND at least three things Davenport is *not* able to do with him because he is a man.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)