|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps translate for Davenport as he tries to learn more about deaf culture from a neighborhood man?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An official police translator.
(c) No one; Davenport knows sign language.
(d) No one; they just write notes back and forth.
2. What do Davenport and Weather playfully banter about after they make love in Chapter 26?
(a) The curtains being see-through.
(b) Weather's height.
(c) Weather's nudity.
(d) Getting married.
3. Why does Sara agree to stay in her apartment even after Evan is attacked?
(a) So the killer can be caught.
(b) So she feels more in control.
(c) So she doesn't lose her job.
(d) So she can have a sense of normalcy.
4. In Chapter 26, who does Davenport meet with to discuss the case?
(a) Chief Roux.
(b) Both of these answers are correct.
(c) Neither of these answers is correct; he works on his own after Chapter 25.
(d) The team.
5. What sign indicates Koop might be the serial killer?
(a) A picture of Sara hanging from the mirror.
(b) Camel cigarettes on the dashboard.
(d) Handwriting that seems to match that on the ransom notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Davenport address Schultz?
2. What time of day does Koop attack Evan?
3. Where do the Hillerod brothers part out stolen motorcycles?
4. What does Koop think he has first been arrested for?
5. What does Davenport tell Sara about the man they are searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Koop learn about the search for him as he flees town after attacking Evan?
2. What does Koop do at the Posey household?
3. What does Davenport discover from the St. Paul police department about the tip that came from the deaf witnesses?
4. Why does Koop surrender so easily when the police arrest him in Chapter 29?
5. What comment about deaf people does Weather make that triggers an epiphany for Davenport about his case?
6. Why is Jan Reed at the scene where Evan is attacked?
7. Who is present during Joe Hillerod's questioning at the police station?
8. What do Connell and Davenport both feel is likely to happen after the attack on Evan?
9. What does Koop recover on his way back to town to see Sara?
10. What happens the first night Koop is under surveillance as he heads to Sara's apartment?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)