|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sara know Evan Hart from?
(a) The gym.
(c) A hiking club.
2. Who checks Koop's truck once he is under surveillance?
(a) Chief Roux.
3. What is Koop's formal first name?
4. Which former employer of Koop's does Davenport speak with?
(a) His old boss at an engineering firm.
(b) His old boss at the police station.
(c) His old boss at a coffee shop.
(d) The deputy warden at the prison.
5. Why does Jan Reed question Davenport about the bust at the junkyard?
(a) She just wants an excuse to talk to him.
(b) She is just really nosy.
(c) She thinks it is connected to the serial killer.
(d) She has a witness who is claiming a set-up.
6. What kinds of possibilities do Davenport, Connell, and Sara discuss when they first start talking about the crimes?
(a) Whether the weather will affect their operation.
(b) How the man could have gotten a key to her apartment.
(c) Why the man is broadcasting from Sara's apartment.
(d) Why the neighborhood has gotten so unsafe lately.
7. Why does Davenport think Sara Jensen might be the person the serial killer is stalking?
(a) Because her initials were carved into two of the bodies.
(b) Because she is a famous actress.
(c) Because Koop wrote a letter saying so.
(d) Because she has already filed a stalker report.
8. Who is at the counter when Davenport and Connell arrive to bust the motorcycle gang?
(a) Chief Roux.
(b) Bob Hillerod.
(c) A secretary whose name we never learn.
9. Where is Koop first arrested?
(a) In Sara's apartment.
(b) On a houseboat.
(c) At his house.
(d) At a liquor store.
10. Which familiar figure is already at the crime scene where Evan was attacked when Davenport arrives?
(a) Chief Roux.
(d) Jan Reed.
11. Why does Koop want to interact with the couple who get a flat tire?
(a) So he can find out where they live.
(b) So he can determine if they are married.
(c) So they remember him.
(d) So he can determine if they are rich.
12. What weapon does Koop use to attack Evan?
(a) A knife.
(b) An ice pick.
(c) A gun.
(d) None; he uses his bare hands.
13. What does Davenport tell Sara about the man they are searching for?
(a) That he might be a police officer.
(b) That he might be infatuated with her.
(c) That he has a French accent.
(d) That he has Sara's cell phone number.
14. Who chase Koop away from his attack on Evan?
(a) A group of women.
(b) Two men.
(c) A pack of wild dogs.
(d) A group of runners out for a jog.
15. In Chapter 21, who does Davenport rush off to see as he is talking with Jan Reed?
(b) His sick mother.
(c) Chief Roux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Koop do to cause a flat tire for another couple?
2. Who does Hillerod think the police sketch of the suspected serial killer looks like?
3. What does Hart do that sends Koop into a murderous rage in Chapter 20?
4. Who attacks Koop as he is attacking Evan?
5. Who is the woman Joe Hillerod is with when he is arrested?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)