|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two features of the killer can the street witnesses agree on after the attack on the woman in Chapter 25?
(a) That he is short and bald.
(b) That he is strong and muscular.
(c) That he had a beard and was wearing sunglasses.
(d) That he is very tall and wears a hat.
2. Where do the Hillerod brothers part out stolen motorcycles?
(a) At a junkyard.
(b) In their backyard.
(c) At a warehouse.
(d) Behind a pizza parlor.
3. In Chapter 21, who does Davenport rush off to see as he is talking with Jan Reed?
(b) Chief Roux.
(d) His sick mother.
4. Who tells Sara that Evan was hurt very badly in the attack?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) A secretary who really isn't supposed to give out that information.
5. Who lets Davenport onto the roof on the building across from Sara's?
(a) The janitor.
(d) No one; he just picks the lock.
6. How does Davenport address Schultz?
7. What sign indicates Koop might be the serial killer?
(a) Handwriting that seems to match that on the ransom notes.
(b) A picture of Sara hanging from the mirror.
(c) Camel cigarettes on the dashboard.
8. What does Davenport tell Sara about the man they are searching for?
(a) That he has Sara's cell phone number.
(b) That he has a French accent.
(c) That he might be a police officer.
(d) That he might be infatuated with her.
9. What does Davenport do when he gets home after questioning witnesses after Koop attacks a woman in the street?
(a) Call a radio station.
(b) Surf the web.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Get drunk.
10. Why does Jan Reed question Davenport about the bust at the junkyard?
(a) She has a witness who is claiming a set-up.
(b) She is just really nosy.
(c) She thinks it is connected to the serial killer.
(d) She just wants an excuse to talk to him.
11. What is the name of the deaf man Davenport talks to as he tries to better understand his case?
(a) Rob Johnston.
(b) Rob Paulson.
(c) Paul Johnston.
(d) Paul Robeson.
12. What does Schultz prefer to be called?
(a) "Rev. Schultz."
(b) "Sir Schultz."
(c) "Dr. Schultz."
(d) "Just Plain Schultz."
13. Where does Koop get rid of the evidence from his attack on Evan?
(a) In a random mailbox.
(b) In a park.
(c) In his backyard.
(d) In a trash can.
14. Who checks Koop's truck once he is under surveillance?
(a) Chief Roux.
15. What do Evan and Sara discuss when they are first alone in her apartment?
(a) Her family.
(b) His promotion at work.
(c) Her uneasiness about the break-in.
(d) How she wants to move to Hawaii.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Davenport and Connell first question Sara?
2. What time of day does Koop attack Evan?
3. Where does Sara know Evan Hart from?
4. What does Koop do to alter his appearance after attacking Evan?
5. Who runs across Koop's truck?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)