|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weather's last name?
2. What is the name of the bookstore Koop is heading to when the novel opens?
(a) The Blessing.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Angel.
(d) The Saint.
3. When does Sara lock her keys in her car?
(a) During a trip to the pharmacy.
(b) During a trip to the dentist.
(c) During a trip to the florist.
(d) During a trip to her gym.
4. What family member does Davenport mention to Reed?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What is unique about the people who call in the tip about the license plate seen at the bookstore before Wannemaker is killed?
(a) They are vets.
(b) They are deaf.
(c) They are a women-only book club.
(d) They are blind.
6. In what kind of object is Harriet Wannemaker's body found?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A dumpster.
(c) A car.
(d) A coffin.
7. In what state is Harriet Wannemaker's body found?
8. How do Davenport and Connell get to the prison where Price is being held?
(a) They take a train.
(b) They take a bus.
(c) They fly.
(d) They drive.
9. From what sleep disorder did Carter suffer?
(b) None; this is a trick question.
10. Why is the press upset about Junky's arrest?
(a) They think it was done just to placate them.
(b) They know he is being framed.
(c) They want more information.
(d) They weren't allowed to videotape it.
11. Who calls in the tip about Ray Weston to the police?
(d) An anonymous tipster.
12. How does Koop kidnap Helen?
(a) He hits her on the head with a club.
(b) He slips something into her drink.
(c) He drugs her with a rag full of ether.
(d) He trips her and then handcuffs her.
13. What possibility about the killer do Davenport and Connell discuss in Chapter 4?
(a) That he might have fled the country.
(b) That he is probably a teacher at a local school.
(c) That he might be a police officer.
(d) That he might work in an airport.
14. What does Jan Reed do for a living?
(a) She is an undercover agent.
(b) She is a professor.
(c) She is a TV reporter.
(d) She is an actress.
15. What is Bob Greave's official role?
(a) Private investigator.
(b) Homicide detective.
(c) No one is sure, but he works for the State Department.
(d) Police department ombudsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Price meet Joe Hillerod's brother?
2. What is Charmagne Carter's visible sign of death?
3. What kind of people did Koop's mother dislike?
4. What is Weather doing when Davenport goes out to look for Junky Doog the first time?
5. Who leaked reports about the murders to the media in Chapter 7?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)