|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
2. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
3. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
4. What does John see when the video reaches the part in which TWA Flight 800 crashes?
5. How long did John look for Kate before returning to his apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a descriptive passage that discusses the motivation of one of the following characters and how that motivation impacts the development of the plot:
1) John Corey
2) Kate Mayfield
3) Jack Koenig
4) Ted Nash
Essay Topic 2
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
Essay Topic 3
The author introduces several other incidences of terror attacks that took place after the crash of TWA Flight 800. Discuss these other terror acts. How do these acts give authenticity to the plot? Who was responsible for most of these acts of terror? What was their purpose? How might these attacks have been connected to the September 11 attacks? Could these attacks have been a warning as the author appears to suggest in this novel? Was TWA Flight 800 connected to any of these acts? If so, how?
This section contains 1,576 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)