Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
2. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
3. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
4. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
5. What does Dom Fanelli tell John when he calls him from a bar in Chapter 32?
Essay Topic 1
What does the CIA say about the many witnesses who thought they saw an orange light moving toward the plane the night Flight 800 crashed? How do they support this claim? Who disputes this claim? What does Kate think of this claim? What is the readers first clue that this claim by the CIA might not be true? What does the videotape show? Is the orange light moving toward the plane or is it the burning fuselage falling to the ocean? How does the reader know for sure which it is?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following relationships and how they influence the development of the plot:
1) John and Kate
2) Jill and Bud
3) John and Nash
4) Kate and Nash
Essay Topic 3
The author introduces several other incidences of terror attacks that took place after the crash of TWA Flight 800. Discuss these other terror acts. How do these acts give authenticity to the plot? Who was responsible for most of these acts of terror? What was their purpose? How might these attacks have been connected to the September 11 attacks? Could these attacks have been a warning as the author appears to suggest in this novel? Was TWA Flight 800 connected to any of these acts? If so, how?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)