|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
2. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
3. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
4. What does John learn about the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800 in Chapter 41?
5. To where is Kate being taken after escaping the airport and near arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
2. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
3. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
4. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
5. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
6. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
7. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
8. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
9. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
10. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John's decision to continue pursuing the investigation even after being warned away. Why did John begin investigating the crash? Why does he continue to investigate? What is John's overall goal in investigating this crash? Does John go into the investigation with the belief that terrorists are involved, or does John have some other motive for beginning this investigation? How many times is John warned to stay away from the investigation? Who gives these warnings? What are their motives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kate Mayfield. How does Kate know John? How does their relationship affect Kate's influence over John's decision to investigate Flight 800? Why does Kate want the crash re-investigated? What is her motivation? Why was Kate not allowed to investigate the blanket found on the beach after the crash? Why was she reprimanded for discovering which hotel the blanket came from? Why do all of John's enemies continuously imply that Kate had an affair with Nash? Did she?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)