|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
2. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
3. Where does Dom Fanelli promise John he will be the following morning?
4. What receipt does John ask to be shown in Chapter 36?
5. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
2. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
3. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
4. What does John hear as he approaches the North Tower a few minutes behind Jill and Kate?
5. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
6. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
7. Who all does John tell Jill will be at the meeting the following day?
8. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
9. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
10. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
Essay Topic 2
What does the CIA say about the many witnesses who thought they saw an orange light moving toward the plane the night Flight 800 crashed? How do they support this claim? Who disputes this claim? What does Kate think of this claim? What is the readers first clue that this claim by the CIA might not be true? What does the videotape show? Is the orange light moving toward the plane or is it the burning fuselage falling to the ocean? How does the reader know for sure which it is?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the video tape. What was on the video tape? Why did Jill Winslow hide it for so many years? Why did Jill make a copy in the first place? Why did Bud erase the original tape? Who has the original tape? What does John believe was done with the original tape? How does John know this? What does Jill force John to watch on the tape before it comes to the part he is most interested in? Why?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)