|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
2. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
3. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
4. Where is Kate returning to New York from?
5. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
2. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
3. Where does John take Jill after ditching his car in a university parking lot?
4. What strange phone call does John get just after learning where he can find Jill Winslow?
5. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
6. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
7. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
8. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
9. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
10. What does John find at home after searching all day for Kate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the video tape. What was on the video tape? Why did Jill Winslow hide it for so many years? Why did Jill make a copy in the first place? Why did Bud erase the original tape? Who has the original tape? What does John believe was done with the original tape? How does John know this? What does Jill force John to watch on the tape before it comes to the part he is most interested in? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The author introduces several other incidences of terror attacks that took place after the crash of TWA Flight 800. Discuss these other terror acts. How do these acts give authenticity to the plot? Who was responsible for most of these acts of terror? What was their purpose? How might these attacks have been connected to the September 11 attacks? Could these attacks have been a warning as the author appears to suggest in this novel? Was TWA Flight 800 connected to any of these acts? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Write a descriptive passage that discusses the motivation of one of the following characters and how that motivation impacts the development of the plot:
1) John Corey
2) Kate Mayfield
3) Jack Koenig
4) Ted Nash
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)