|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
2. What name does John discover on the receipt in Chapter 36?
3. What does John do in Chapter 42 after his meeting on the beach?
4. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
5. What movie does John ask JIll to get a copy of while she is out shopping in Chapter 49?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who all does John tell Jill will be at the meeting the following day?
2. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
3. What does John hear as he approaches the North Tower a few minutes behind Jill and Kate?
4. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
5. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
6. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
7. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
8. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
9. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
10. What threat does Koenig make to John when they speak the day before the scheduled meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does John dislike Nash? What does John believe the relationship is between Nash and his wife, Kate? How often does this suggestion come up throughout the novel? Who makes the suggestion? How does this knowledge affect John's behavior in dealing with these people? How does this situation affect John's relationship with his wife? Does John trust his wife? How does the reader know if John trusts his wife?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, everyone involved in the investigation dies except for John and Kate. How does this cause a credibility problem for John and Kate? Does John have a copy of the videotape? What happened to all the copies of the tape? What would John do with the tape if one still existed? Who might believe John without a tape and without a witness? What does this imply about the real story of the crash of TWA Flight 800? Is it possible John's story could be accurate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in detail, including examples from the novel:
2) Political conspiracy
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)