Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
2. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
3. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
4. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
5. What does Dom Fanelli tell John when he calls him from a bar in Chapter 32?
Write a descriptive passage that discusses the motivation of one of the following characters and how that motivation impacts the development of the plot:
1) John Corey
2) Kate Mayfield
3) Jack Koenig
4) Ted Nash
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
Compare and contrast one of the following settings:
1) Westhampton and John's small apartment
2) Windows on the World Restaurant and the small Greek coffee shop
3) Bayview Hotel and the Plaza Hotel.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)