|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
2. What odd phone call does John receive in his hotel room in Chapter 38?
3. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
4. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
5. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast one of the following settings:
1) Westhampton and John's small apartment
2) Windows on the World Restaurant and the small Greek coffee shop
3) Bayview Hotel and the Plaza Hotel.
Essay Topic 2
What does the CIA say about the many witnesses who thought they saw an orange light moving toward the plane the night Flight 800 crashed? How do they support this claim? Who disputes this claim? What does Kate think of this claim? What is the readers first clue that this claim by the CIA might not be true? What does the videotape show? Is the orange light moving toward the plane or is it the burning fuselage falling to the ocean? How does the reader know for sure which it is?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following relationships and how they influence the development of the plot:
1) John and Kate
2) Jill and Bud
3) John and Nash
4) Kate and Nash
This section contains 1,586 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)