|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the FBI tell the maid she should quit her job at the Bayview Hotel the day after the crash of Flight 800?
2. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
3. What does Jill force John to watch when she shows him the videotape of the plane crash?
4. Who does John ask if he was in on the cover-up regarding the videotape?
5. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
2. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
3. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
4. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
5. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
6. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
7. Who all does John tell Jill will be at the meeting the following day?
8. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
9. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
10. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the CIA say about the many witnesses who thought they saw an orange light moving toward the plane the night Flight 800 crashed? How do they support this claim? Who disputes this claim? What does Kate think of this claim? What is the readers first clue that this claim by the CIA might not be true? What does the videotape show? Is the orange light moving toward the plane or is it the burning fuselage falling to the ocean? How does the reader know for sure which it is?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the real story behind TWA Flight 800. When did the plane go down? What was the explanation the NTSB gave the American public? What were some of the theories about how the plane might have crashed? How do these theories compare to the ones suggested in the novel? How does the comparison between reality and the story of Flight 800 in the novel create a plausible plot? Is it possible Flight 800 was a precursor to the September 11 attacks?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail the importance of each of these items on the overall development of the plot:
1) Camera lens cap
2) Hotel blanket
3) Band aid
4) A Man and A Woman VCR movie.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)