|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Ted Nash want to make with John in regards to the videotape he now knows John has?
2. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
3. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
4. Where does Jill Winslow's husband go in Chapter 44 that allows John to speak to her alone?
5. What does Jill tell John in Chapter 45 happened to the original video tape taken the night of the crash of Flight 800?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail the importance of each of these items on the overall development of the plot:
1) Camera lens cap
2) Hotel blanket
3) Band aid
4) A Man and A Woman VCR movie.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following relationships and how they influence the development of the plot:
1) John and Kate
2) Jill and Bud
3) John and Nash
4) Kate and Nash
Essay Topic 3
What does the CIA say about the many witnesses who thought they saw an orange light moving toward the plane the night Flight 800 crashed? How do they support this claim? Who disputes this claim? What does Kate think of this claim? What is the readers first clue that this claim by the CIA might not be true? What does the videotape show? Is the orange light moving toward the plane or is it the burning fuselage falling to the ocean? How does the reader know for sure which it is?
This section contains 1,606 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)