|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of the day is the meeting between John, Nash, and the others believed to be involved in the cover-up of the videotape.
2. What does John learn about the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800 in Chapter 41?
3. To where does John go in Chapter 42 after arriving in the city he has chosen to visit?
4. What does Jill force John to watch when she shows him the videotape of the plane crash?
5. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
2. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
3. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
4. What does John hear as he approaches the North Tower a few minutes behind Jill and Kate?
5. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
6. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
7. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
8. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
9. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
10. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ted Nash. Who is Ted Nash? Why does John believe he is dead at the beginning of the novel? How does John learn Nash is still alive? Why does Nash reveal this truth to John? What is Nash afraid John will learn? Did Nash have an affair with John's wife? Why do several characters claim that Kate and Nash were lovers? What does Nash tell John about the couple who videotaped the crash? What does Nash say about the videotape? Is this true? Why does Nash offer this explanation to John?
Essay Topic 2
The author introduces several other incidences of terror attacks that took place after the crash of TWA Flight 800. Discuss these other terror acts. How do these acts give authenticity to the plot? Who was responsible for most of these acts of terror? What was their purpose? How might these attacks have been connected to the September 11 attacks? Could these attacks have been a warning as the author appears to suggest in this novel? Was TWA Flight 800 connected to any of these acts? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail the importance of each of these items on the overall development of the plot:
1) Camera lens cap
2) Hotel blanket
3) Band aid
4) A Man and A Woman VCR movie.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)