|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does John receive in Chapter 41 for the current location of the videotape taken by the lovers the night Flight 800 crashed?
2. What does John do in Chapter 42 after his meeting on the beach?
3. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
4. Who does John request to see when he takes a room in a hotel in Chapter 35?
5. Why does John wait more than an hour on Cupsogue Beach County Park in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
2. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
3. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
4. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
5. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
6. What is Jill's biggest fear now that John knows the truth about the videotape?
7. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
8. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
9. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
10. What does Nash first tell John about the crash of Flight 800 when they meet on the beach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Jill Winslow? Why was Jill on the beach the night Flight 800 went down? What did Jill see? Why does Jill quickly leave the scene? Who is Jill with? How does this companion influence Jill's decision to copy the tape? Why does Jill keep the tape to herself for five years? Why does Jill eventually give the tape to John? How does the discovery of this tape change the direction of John's investigation? What does the tape prove?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jack Koenig. Why does Koenig dislike John? Why do John and Koenig get into disagreements several times in the novel? Why does Koenig send John to Yemen? What might John have been able to prevent if he had finished his investigation into Flight 800 instead of going to Yemen? What was Jack Koenig afraid John might discover? Why does John invite Koenig to the final meeting regarding the VCR tape? What does John think Koenig will do with the tape?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)