|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kate returning to New York from?
2. What does John see when the video reaches the part in which TWA Flight 800 crashes?
3. What information does Dom Fanelli give John in Chapter 38?
4. Where do John and Kate spend their final night together before both go to their respective assignments overseas?
5. What deal does Ted Nash want to make with John in regards to the videotape he now knows John has?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
2. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
3. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
4. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
5. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
6. What strange phone call does John get just after learning where he can find Jill Winslow?
7. How does John ensure that Jill Winslow's husband will not be home when he goes to talk to her?
8. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
9. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
10. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Bayview Hotel. What is the Bayview Hotel? What role does this hotel play in the investigation both when the crash happened and five years later when John begins re-investigating? Why did the FBI focus on this hotel? Why are all the employees who came into direct contact with the videotaping couple disappear? Why can John not find the records that deal with these employees or with the FBI agents who stayed at the hotel during the initial investigation? What does this imply about the actions of the original investigators?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the video tape. What was on the video tape? Why did Jill Winslow hide it for so many years? Why did Jill make a copy in the first place? Why did Bud erase the original tape? Who has the original tape? What does John believe was done with the original tape? How does John know this? What does Jill force John to watch on the tape before it comes to the part he is most interested in? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why does John dislike Nash? What does John believe the relationship is between Nash and his wife, Kate? How often does this suggestion come up throughout the novel? Who makes the suggestion? How does this knowledge affect John's behavior in dealing with these people? How does this situation affect John's relationship with his wife? Does John trust his wife? How does the reader know if John trusts his wife?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)