|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
2. What does Jill tell John in Chapter 45 happened to the original video tape taken the night of the crash of Flight 800?
3. Why does John rent a car and drive to Philadelphia at the end of Chapter 32?
4. How does John react after watching the video tape of the plane crash?
5. What odd phone call does John receive in his hotel room in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
2. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
3. What is Jill's biggest fear now that John knows the truth about the videotape?
4. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
5. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
6. How does John ensure that Jill Winslow's husband will not be home when he goes to talk to her?
7. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
8. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
9. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
10. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John's decision to continue pursuing the investigation even after being warned away. Why did John begin investigating the crash? Why does he continue to investigate? What is John's overall goal in investigating this crash? Does John go into the investigation with the belief that terrorists are involved, or does John have some other motive for beginning this investigation? How many times is John warned to stay away from the investigation? Who gives these warnings? What are their motives?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Jill Winslow? Why was Jill on the beach the night Flight 800 went down? What did Jill see? Why does Jill quickly leave the scene? Who is Jill with? How does this companion influence Jill's decision to copy the tape? Why does Jill keep the tape to herself for five years? Why does Jill eventually give the tape to John? How does the discovery of this tape change the direction of John's investigation? What does the tape prove?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the video tape. What was on the video tape? Why did Jill Winslow hide it for so many years? Why did Jill make a copy in the first place? Why did Bud erase the original tape? Who has the original tape? What does John believe was done with the original tape? How does John know this? What does Jill force John to watch on the tape before it comes to the part he is most interested in? Why?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)