|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jill Winslow's husband go in Chapter 44 that allows John to speak to her alone?
2. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
3. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
4. Who else shows up to meet Kate's plane?
5. What question about the possible rental of a video tape by the suspected lovers bothers John in Chapter 37?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a descriptive passage that discusses the motivation of one of the following characters and how that motivation impacts the development of the plot:
1) John Corey
2) Kate Mayfield
3) Jack Koenig
4) Ted Nash
Essay Topic 2
The author introduces several other incidences of terror attacks that took place after the crash of TWA Flight 800. Discuss these other terror acts. How do these acts give authenticity to the plot? Who was responsible for most of these acts of terror? What was their purpose? How might these attacks have been connected to the September 11 attacks? Could these attacks have been a warning as the author appears to suggest in this novel? Was TWA Flight 800 connected to any of these acts? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail the importance of each of these items on the overall development of the plot:
1) Camera lens cap
2) Hotel blanket
3) Band aid
4) A Man and A Woman VCR movie.
This section contains 1,549 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)