Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
2. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
3. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
4. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
5. What does Dom Fanelli tell John when he calls him from a bar in Chapter 32?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the time in which the novel is set predict the end of the novel? What impact could John's investigation have had on the attacks of September 11 had he not been sent to Yemen? Why does the author arrange the final meeting between John and Nash in the North Tower of the World Trade Center? How do the deaths of Nash and Koenig in the World Trade Center stop John from going public with all he knows about the crash of TWA Flight 800?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism and how it is related to one of the following items:
1) A MAN AND A WOMAN tape
2) Hotel Blanket
3) Camera lens cap
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast one of the following settings:
1) Westhampton and John's small apartment
2) Windows on the World Restaurant and the small Greek coffee shop
3) Bayview Hotel and the Plaza Hotel.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)