Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
2. Why does Kate insist she cannot get involved in re-investigating the crash of TWA Flight 800?
3. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
4. What is the most significant item found on this beach?
5. For whom does John Corey work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange phone call does John get just after learning where he can find Jill Winslow?
2. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
3. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
4. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
5. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
6. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
7. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
8. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
9. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
10. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, everyone involved in the investigation dies except for John and Kate. How does this cause a credibility problem for John and Kate? Does John have a copy of the videotape? What happened to all the copies of the tape? What would John do with the tape if one still existed? Who might believe John without a tape and without a witness? What does this imply about the real story of the crash of TWA Flight 800? Is it possible John's story could be accurate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ted Nash. Who is Ted Nash? Why does John believe he is dead at the beginning of the novel? How does John learn Nash is still alive? Why does Nash reveal this truth to John? What is Nash afraid John will learn? Did Nash have an affair with John's wife? Why do several characters claim that Kate and Nash were lovers? What does Nash tell John about the couple who videotaped the crash? What does Nash say about the videotape? Is this true? Why does Nash offer this explanation to John?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)