|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
2. What name does John's friend from the NYPD give him to aid in his investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
3. What is the name of the hotel on the blanket found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
4. What theory does Kate claim is in a category all its own?
5. The deaths of how many people are being memorialized in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
2. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
3. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
4. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
5. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
6. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
7. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
8. What are the seven theories of the plane crash that Kate tells John?
9. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
10. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail the importance of each of these items on the overall development of the plot:
1) Camera lens cap
2) Hotel blanket
3) Band aid
4) A Man and A Woman VCR movie.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kate Mayfield. How does Kate know John? How does their relationship affect Kate's influence over John's decision to investigate Flight 800? Why does Kate want the crash re-investigated? What is her motivation? Why was Kate not allowed to investigate the blanket found on the beach after the crash? Why was she reprimanded for discovering which hotel the blanket came from? Why do all of John's enemies continuously imply that Kate had an affair with Nash? Did she?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
This section contains 2,033 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)