|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Koenig give John just before he leaves his office in Chapter 30?
2. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
3. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
4. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
5. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kate take John in order for him to view the wreckage of the plane?
2. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
3. For what purpose does John ask to see the personnel files of those employees who came into contact with the couple with the video camera? What does he find?
4. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
5. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
6. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
7. What does Koenig imply about Kate's relationship with Ted Nash during his meeting with John to go over his assignment in Yemen?
8. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
9. What is the CIA's theory as to the orange light many witnesses reported seeing coming from the ocean toward the plane?
10. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following relationships and how they influence the development of the plot:
1) John and Kate
2) Jill and Bud
3) John and Nash
4) Kate and Nash
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail the importance of each of these items on the overall development of the plot:
1) Camera lens cap
2) Hotel blanket
3) Band aid
4) A Man and A Woman VCR movie.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ted Nash. Who is Ted Nash? Why does John believe he is dead at the beginning of the novel? How does John learn Nash is still alive? Why does Nash reveal this truth to John? What is Nash afraid John will learn? Did Nash have an affair with John's wife? Why do several characters claim that Kate and Nash were lovers? What does Nash tell John about the couple who videotaped the crash? What does Nash say about the videotape? Is this true? Why does Nash offer this explanation to John?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)