Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
2. Why does Kate insist she cannot get involved in re-investigating the crash of TWA Flight 800?
3. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
4. What is the most significant item found on this beach?
5. For whom does John Corey work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange phone call does John get just after learning where he can find Jill Winslow?
2. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
3. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
4. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
5. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
6. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
7. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
8. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
9. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
10. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
Discuss Jack Koenig. Why does Koenig dislike John? Why do John and Koenig get into disagreements several times in the novel? Why does Koenig send John to Yemen? What might John have been able to prevent if he had finished his investigation into Flight 800 instead of going to Yemen? What was Jack Koenig afraid John might discover? Why does John invite Koenig to the final meeting regarding the VCR tape? What does John think Koenig will do with the tape?
Discuss Kate Mayfield. How does Kate know John? How does their relationship affect Kate's influence over John's decision to investigate Flight 800? Why does Kate want the crash re-investigated? What is her motivation? Why was Kate not allowed to investigate the blanket found on the beach after the crash? Why was she reprimanded for discovering which hotel the blanket came from? Why do all of John's enemies continuously imply that Kate had an affair with Nash? Did she?
The author introduces several other incidences of terror attacks that took place after the crash of TWA Flight 800. Discuss these other terror acts. How do these acts give authenticity to the plot? Who was responsible for most of these acts of terror? What was their purpose? How might these attacks have been connected to the September 11 attacks? Could these attacks have been a warning as the author appears to suggest in this novel? Was TWA Flight 800 connected to any of these acts? If so, how?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)