|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
2. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
3. What does Kate tell John would have been the consequence of her choosing an assignment within the continental United States?
4. What did Spruck see the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
5. What items does Marie ask John to buy in Chapter 18 before agreeing to meet him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
2. What is the result of John's meeting with Stein?
3. Who does John ask to find Marie Gubitosi and what does he find?
4. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
5. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
6. Where does Kate take John in order for him to view the wreckage of the plane?
7. Why do John Corey and Kate Mayfield go to a memorial on the beach each year?
8. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
9. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
10. What interview did Marie Gubitosi conduct that John now feels is significant in regards to the couple on the beach the night of the plane crash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Kate Mayfield. How does Kate know John? How does their relationship affect Kate's influence over John's decision to investigate Flight 800? Why does Kate want the crash re-investigated? What is her motivation? Why was Kate not allowed to investigate the blanket found on the beach after the crash? Why was she reprimanded for discovering which hotel the blanket came from? Why do all of John's enemies continuously imply that Kate had an affair with Nash? Did she?
Essay Topic 2
The author introduces several other incidences of terror attacks that took place after the crash of TWA Flight 800. Discuss these other terror acts. How do these acts give authenticity to the plot? Who was responsible for most of these acts of terror? What was their purpose? How might these attacks have been connected to the September 11 attacks? Could these attacks have been a warning as the author appears to suggest in this novel? Was TWA Flight 800 connected to any of these acts? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Bayview Hotel. What is the Bayview Hotel? What role does this hotel play in the investigation both when the crash happened and five years later when John begins re-investigating? Why did the FBI focus on this hotel? Why are all the employees who came into direct contact with the videotaping couple disappear? Why can John not find the records that deal with these employees or with the FBI agents who stayed at the hotel during the initial investigation? What does this imply about the actions of the original investigators?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)