|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
2. What promise was Kate able to extract from Koenig with the understanding that both she and John would accept their new assignments?
3. Why does Kate insist she cannot get involved in re-investigating the crash of TWA Flight 800?
4. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
5. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
2. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
3. What does Jill see in the sky just before the plane explodes?
4. What is the result of John's meeting with Stein?
5. Who does John ask to find Marie Gubitosi and what does he find?
6. How did Kate come to know which hotel the blanket found on the beach near the camera lens cap belonged to?
7. What kind of camera did Nash tell Kate the lens cap came from?
8. For what purpose does John ask to see the personnel files of those employees who came into contact with the couple with the video camera? What does he find?
9. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
10. What interview did Marie Gubitosi conduct that John now feels is significant in regards to the couple on the beach the night of the plane crash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the CIA say about the many witnesses who thought they saw an orange light moving toward the plane the night Flight 800 crashed? How do they support this claim? Who disputes this claim? What does Kate think of this claim? What is the readers first clue that this claim by the CIA might not be true? What does the videotape show? Is the orange light moving toward the plane or is it the burning fuselage falling to the ocean? How does the reader know for sure which it is?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jack Koenig. Why does Koenig dislike John? Why do John and Koenig get into disagreements several times in the novel? Why does Koenig send John to Yemen? What might John have been able to prevent if he had finished his investigation into Flight 800 instead of going to Yemen? What was Jack Koenig afraid John might discover? Why does John invite Koenig to the final meeting regarding the VCR tape? What does John think Koenig will do with the tape?
Essay Topic 3
Why does John dislike Nash? What does John believe the relationship is between Nash and his wife, Kate? How often does this suggestion come up throughout the novel? Who makes the suggestion? How does this knowledge affect John's behavior in dealing with these people? How does this situation affect John's relationship with his wife? Does John trust his wife? How does the reader know if John trusts his wife?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)