|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
2. Why does Kate ask John to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
3. What room did this woman from the Bayview Hotel tell Marie she saw a couple with a blanket leaving the night of the crash of Flight 800?
4. Why does Tom Spruck claim he never came forward with his information regarding the crash of TWA Flight 800?
5. What evidence would a kinetic missile leave on a downed aircraft?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
2. What is the result of John's meeting with Stein?
3. What kind of camera did Nash tell Kate the lens cap came from?
4. What are the seven theories of the plane crash that Kate tells John?
5. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
6. For what purpose does John ask to see the personnel files of those employees who came into contact with the couple with the video camera? What does he find?
7. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
8. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
9. What does Tom Spruck, a retired naval officer, tell John he saw the night Flight 800 crashed?
10. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Bayview Hotel. What is the Bayview Hotel? What role does this hotel play in the investigation both when the crash happened and five years later when John begins re-investigating? Why did the FBI focus on this hotel? Why are all the employees who came into direct contact with the videotaping couple disappear? Why can John not find the records that deal with these employees or with the FBI agents who stayed at the hotel during the initial investigation? What does this imply about the actions of the original investigators?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following themes in detail, including examples from the novel:
2) Political conspiracy
Essay Topic 3
Why does John dislike Nash? What does John believe the relationship is between Nash and his wife, Kate? How often does this suggestion come up throughout the novel? Who makes the suggestion? How does this knowledge affect John's behavior in dealing with these people? How does this situation affect John's relationship with his wife? Does John trust his wife? How does the reader know if John trusts his wife?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)