|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John learn about Marie Gubitosi before he goes to see her?
2. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
3. What is the most significant item found on this beach?
4. To what does John compare this key evidence Kate is placing all the hopes of the investigation on in Chapter 17?
5. What does Koenig tell John in Chapter 30 about the videotape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
2. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
3. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
4. What does Tom Spruck, a retired naval officer, tell John he saw the night Flight 800 crashed?
5. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
6. What are the seven theories of the plane crash that Kate tells John?
7. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
8. What interview did Marie Gubitosi conduct that John now feels is significant in regards to the couple on the beach the night of the plane crash?
9. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
10. What theory of the CIA does Kate not support and John doubts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, everyone involved in the investigation dies except for John and Kate. How does this cause a credibility problem for John and Kate? Does John have a copy of the videotape? What happened to all the copies of the tape? What would John do with the tape if one still existed? Who might believe John without a tape and without a witness? What does this imply about the real story of the crash of TWA Flight 800? Is it possible John's story could be accurate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the video tape. What was on the video tape? Why did Jill Winslow hide it for so many years? Why did Jill make a copy in the first place? Why did Bud erase the original tape? Who has the original tape? What does John believe was done with the original tape? How does John know this? What does Jill force John to watch on the tape before it comes to the part he is most interested in? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)