|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Spruck see the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
2. What information does John learn in Chapter 24 the FBI purged from the hotel computers?
3. Why does Kate ask John to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
4. Why does Kate insist she cannot get involved in re-investigating the crash of TWA Flight 800?
5. What name does John's friend from the NYPD give him to aid in his investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interview did Marie Gubitosi conduct that John now feels is significant in regards to the couple on the beach the night of the plane crash?
2. What is the result of John's meeting with Stein?
3. Why does Kate tell John she would like him to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
4. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
5. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
6. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
7. How did Kate come to know which hotel the blanket found on the beach near the camera lens cap belonged to?
8. What does Jill see in the sky just before the plane explodes?
9. What is the CIA's theory as to the orange light many witnesses reported seeing coming from the ocean toward the plane?
10. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Jill Winslow? Why was Jill on the beach the night Flight 800 went down? What did Jill see? Why does Jill quickly leave the scene? Who is Jill with? How does this companion influence Jill's decision to copy the tape? Why does Jill keep the tape to herself for five years? Why does Jill eventually give the tape to John? How does the discovery of this tape change the direction of John's investigation? What does the tape prove?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the time in which the novel is set predict the end of the novel? What impact could John's investigation have had on the attacks of September 11 had he not been sent to Yemen? Why does the author arrange the final meeting between John and Nash in the North Tower of the World Trade Center? How do the deaths of Nash and Koenig in the World Trade Center stop John from going public with all he knows about the crash of TWA Flight 800?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss John's decision to continue pursuing the investigation even after being warned away. Why did John begin investigating the crash? Why does he continue to investigate? What is John's overall goal in investigating this crash? Does John go into the investigation with the belief that terrorists are involved, or does John have some other motive for beginning this investigation? How many times is John warned to stay away from the investigation? Who gives these warnings? What are their motives?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)