|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
2. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Tom Spruck not believe an American missile could have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
4. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
5. What terror attack is the focus of a talk radio program John listens to in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
2. What is the CIA's theory as to the orange light many witnesses reported seeing coming from the ocean toward the plane?
3. What does Jill see in the sky just before the plane explodes?
4. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
5. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
6. Where does John go after calling in sick to work and for what purpose?
7. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
8. Why does Kate tell John she would like him to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
9. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
10. Who is Liam Griffith and what does he warn John Corey not to do at the memorial for TWA Flight 800?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ted Nash. Who is Ted Nash? Why does John believe he is dead at the beginning of the novel? How does John learn Nash is still alive? Why does Nash reveal this truth to John? What is Nash afraid John will learn? Did Nash have an affair with John's wife? Why do several characters claim that Kate and Nash were lovers? What does Nash tell John about the couple who videotaped the crash? What does Nash say about the videotape? Is this true? Why does Nash offer this explanation to John?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss John's decision to continue pursuing the investigation even after being warned away. Why did John begin investigating the crash? Why does he continue to investigate? What is John's overall goal in investigating this crash? Does John go into the investigation with the belief that terrorists are involved, or does John have some other motive for beginning this investigation? How many times is John warned to stay away from the investigation? Who gives these warnings? What are their motives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in detail, including examples from the novel:
2) Political conspiracy
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)