|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does John suggest to the taxi driver in Chapter 14 conducted the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and blamed the Muslims?
2. Where does John go after leaving the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 25?
3. What building can John see from his apartment's balcony that was attacked by a terrorist's bomb in 1993?
4. What room did this woman from the Bayview Hotel tell Marie she saw a couple with a blanket leaving the night of the crash of Flight 800?
5. What does Jill tell Bill she saw before the plane exploded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
2. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
3. Why does Kate tell John she would like him to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
4. Where does Kate take John in order for him to view the wreckage of the plane?
5. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
6. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
7. What are the seven theories of the plane crash that Kate tells John?
8. What does Tom Spruck, a retired naval officer, tell John he saw the night Flight 800 crashed?
9. How did Kate come to know which hotel the blanket found on the beach near the camera lens cap belonged to?
10. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John's decision to continue pursuing the investigation even after being warned away. Why did John begin investigating the crash? Why does he continue to investigate? What is John's overall goal in investigating this crash? Does John go into the investigation with the belief that terrorists are involved, or does John have some other motive for beginning this investigation? How many times is John warned to stay away from the investigation? Who gives these warnings? What are their motives?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, everyone involved in the investigation dies except for John and Kate. How does this cause a credibility problem for John and Kate? Does John have a copy of the videotape? What happened to all the copies of the tape? What would John do with the tape if one still existed? Who might believe John without a tape and without a witness? What does this imply about the real story of the crash of TWA Flight 800? Is it possible John's story could be accurate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following relationships and how they influence the development of the plot:
1) John and Kate
2) Jill and Bud
3) John and Nash
4) Kate and Nash
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)