|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate tell John would have been the consequence of her choosing an assignment within the continental United States?
2. For whom does John Corey work?
3. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
4. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
5. What do hundreds of witnesses claim to have seen just before TWA Flight 800 exploded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
2. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
3. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
4. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
5. What theory of the CIA does Kate not support and John doubts?
6. Who is Liam Griffith and what does he warn John Corey not to do at the memorial for TWA Flight 800?
7. What kind of camera did Nash tell Kate the lens cap came from?
8. What are the seven theories of the plane crash that Kate tells John?
9. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
10. What does Jill see in the sky just before the plane explodes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, everyone involved in the investigation dies except for John and Kate. How does this cause a credibility problem for John and Kate? Does John have a copy of the videotape? What happened to all the copies of the tape? What would John do with the tape if one still existed? Who might believe John without a tape and without a witness? What does this imply about the real story of the crash of TWA Flight 800? Is it possible John's story could be accurate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss John's decision to continue pursuing the investigation even after being warned away. Why did John begin investigating the crash? Why does he continue to investigate? What is John's overall goal in investigating this crash? Does John go into the investigation with the belief that terrorists are involved, or does John have some other motive for beginning this investigation? How many times is John warned to stay away from the investigation? Who gives these warnings? What are their motives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail the importance of each of these items on the overall development of the plot:
1) Camera lens cap
2) Hotel blanket
3) Band aid
4) A Man and A Woman VCR movie.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)