|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tom Spruck?
2. What does John learn about Marie Gubitosi before he goes to see her?
3. To what does John compare this key evidence Kate is placing all the hopes of the investigation on in Chapter 17?
4. From whom does Kate tell John she learned of the hotel blanket and camera lens cap found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
5. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
2. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
3. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
4. What is the result of John's meeting with Stein?
5. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
6. How did Kate come to know which hotel the blanket found on the beach near the camera lens cap belonged to?
7. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
8. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
9. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
10. Why does Kate tell John she would like him to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how it is related to one of the following items:
1) A MAN AND A WOMAN tape
2) Hotel Blanket
3) Camera lens cap
Essay Topic 2
Write a descriptive passage that discusses the motivation of one of the following characters and how that motivation impacts the development of the plot:
1) John Corey
2) Kate Mayfield
3) Jack Koenig
4) Ted Nash
Essay Topic 3
The author introduces several other incidences of terror attacks that took place after the crash of TWA Flight 800. Discuss these other terror acts. How do these acts give authenticity to the plot? Who was responsible for most of these acts of terror? What was their purpose? How might these attacks have been connected to the September 11 attacks? Could these attacks have been a warning as the author appears to suggest in this novel? Was TWA Flight 800 connected to any of these acts? If so, how?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)