|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
2. What terror attack is the focus of a talk radio program John listens to in Chapter 22?
3. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
4. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
5. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
2. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
3. What interview did Marie Gubitosi conduct that John now feels is significant in regards to the couple on the beach the night of the plane crash?
4. Where does Kate take John in order for him to view the wreckage of the plane?
5. What kind of camera did Nash tell Kate the lens cap came from?
6. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
7. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
8. What is the CIA's theory as to the orange light many witnesses reported seeing coming from the ocean toward the plane?
9. What does Tom Spruck, a retired naval officer, tell John he saw the night Flight 800 crashed?
10. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the video tape. What was on the video tape? Why did Jill Winslow hide it for so many years? Why did Jill make a copy in the first place? Why did Bud erase the original tape? Who has the original tape? What does John believe was done with the original tape? How does John know this? What does Jill force John to watch on the tape before it comes to the part he is most interested in? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Jill Winslow? Why was Jill on the beach the night Flight 800 went down? What did Jill see? Why does Jill quickly leave the scene? Who is Jill with? How does this companion influence Jill's decision to copy the tape? Why does Jill keep the tape to herself for five years? Why does Jill eventually give the tape to John? How does the discovery of this tape change the direction of John's investigation? What does the tape prove?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss in detail the importance of each of these items on the overall development of the plot:
1) Camera lens cap
2) Hotel blanket
3) Band aid
4) A Man and A Woman VCR movie.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)