|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The deaths of how many people are being memorialized in Chapter 3?
2. How does Kate tell John she learned the name of the hotel on the blanket?
3. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
4. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
5. Why was Kate unable to see a police report on the items found on the beach the night of the plane crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom Spruck, a retired naval officer, tell John he saw the night Flight 800 crashed?
2. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
3. Why do John Corey and Kate Mayfield go to a memorial on the beach each year?
4. What theory of the CIA does Kate not support and John doubts?
5. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
6. What does Koenig imply about Kate's relationship with Ted Nash during his meeting with John to go over his assignment in Yemen?
7. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
8. Who is Liam Griffith and what does he warn John Corey not to do at the memorial for TWA Flight 800?
9. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
10. How did Kate come to know which hotel the blanket found on the beach near the camera lens cap belonged to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Bayview Hotel. What is the Bayview Hotel? What role does this hotel play in the investigation both when the crash happened and five years later when John begins re-investigating? Why did the FBI focus on this hotel? Why are all the employees who came into direct contact with the videotaping couple disappear? Why can John not find the records that deal with these employees or with the FBI agents who stayed at the hotel during the initial investigation? What does this imply about the actions of the original investigators?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following relationships and how they influence the development of the plot:
1) John and Kate
2) Jill and Bud
3) John and Nash
4) Kate and Nash
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)