|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Rosenthal realize has happened to the personnel records of the employees who came into direct contact with the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
2. What building can John see from his apartment's balcony that was attacked by a terrorist's bomb in 1993?
3. How does Kate tell John she learned the name of the hotel on the blanket?
4. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
5. What does John request when he first arrives at the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
2. What theory of the CIA does Kate not support and John doubts?
3. What does Jill see in the sky just before the plane explodes?
4. What are the seven theories of the plane crash that Kate tells John?
5. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
6. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
7. Who does John ask to find Marie Gubitosi and what does he find?
8. Where does John go after calling in sick to work and for what purpose?
9. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
10. What interview did Marie Gubitosi conduct that John now feels is significant in regards to the couple on the beach the night of the plane crash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, everyone involved in the investigation dies except for John and Kate. How does this cause a credibility problem for John and Kate? Does John have a copy of the videotape? What happened to all the copies of the tape? What would John do with the tape if one still existed? Who might believe John without a tape and without a witness? What does this imply about the real story of the crash of TWA Flight 800? Is it possible John's story could be accurate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following relationships and how they influence the development of the plot:
1) John and Kate
2) Jill and Bud
3) John and Nash
4) Kate and Nash
Essay Topic 3
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)