|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tom Spruck?
2. Who made the video John watches that refutes mechanical failure as the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
3. What event is being memorialized as Chapter 2 unfolds?
4. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
5. Which of the following is not one of the seven theories as to the crash of TWA Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John and Kate agree to do if anyone asks about their re-investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
2. What kind of camera did Nash tell Kate the lens cap came from?
3. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
4. Where does Kate take John in order for him to view the wreckage of the plane?
5. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
6. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
7. Who is Liam Griffith and what does he warn John Corey not to do at the memorial for TWA Flight 800?
8. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
9. What are the seven theories of the plane crash that Kate tells John?
10. Why does Kate tell John she would like him to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jack Koenig. Why does Koenig dislike John? Why do John and Koenig get into disagreements several times in the novel? Why does Koenig send John to Yemen? What might John have been able to prevent if he had finished his investigation into Flight 800 instead of going to Yemen? What was Jack Koenig afraid John might discover? Why does John invite Koenig to the final meeting regarding the VCR tape? What does John think Koenig will do with the tape?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss John Corey. Who is John? What does he do for a living? How does John happen to attend the fifth anniversary memorial for the crash victims of TWA Flight 800? Why is John warned away from investigating TWA Flight 800 before he even considers the idea? Why would FBI special agent Liam Griffith think that John might want to investigate the crash? Who is John's wife? What is her involvement in the investigation of the crash?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Bayview Hotel. What is the Bayview Hotel? What role does this hotel play in the investigation both when the crash happened and five years later when John begins re-investigating? Why did the FBI focus on this hotel? Why are all the employees who came into direct contact with the videotaping couple disappear? Why can John not find the records that deal with these employees or with the FBI agents who stayed at the hotel during the initial investigation? What does this imply about the actions of the original investigators?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)