|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people does John suggest to the taxi driver in Chapter 14 conducted the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and blamed the Muslims?
2. What theory does Kate claim is in a category all its own?
3. What promise was Kate able to extract from Koenig with the understanding that both she and John would accept their new assignments?
4. What job did the woman whom Marie interviewed at the Bayview do for the hotel?
5. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
2. Where does John go after calling in sick to work and for what purpose?
3. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
4. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
5. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
6. What is Jill's biggest fear now that John knows the truth about the videotape?
7. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
8. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
9. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
10. What does John find at home after searching all day for Kate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John's decision to continue pursuing the investigation even after being warned away. Why did John begin investigating the crash? Why does he continue to investigate? What is John's overall goal in investigating this crash? Does John go into the investigation with the belief that terrorists are involved, or does John have some other motive for beginning this investigation? How many times is John warned to stay away from the investigation? Who gives these warnings? What are their motives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kate Mayfield. How does Kate know John? How does their relationship affect Kate's influence over John's decision to investigate Flight 800? Why does Kate want the crash re-investigated? What is her motivation? Why was Kate not allowed to investigate the blanket found on the beach after the crash? Why was she reprimanded for discovering which hotel the blanket came from? Why do all of John's enemies continuously imply that Kate had an affair with Nash? Did she?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following relationships and how they influence the development of the plot:
1) John and Kate
2) Jill and Bud
3) John and Nash
4) Kate and Nash
This section contains 2,110 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)