|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence would a kinetic missile leave on a downed aircraft?
2. What agency does John tell the Bayview Hotel manager he works for in Chapter 23?
3. What name does John's friend from the NYPD give him to aid in his investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
4. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
5. To what does John compare this key evidence Kate is placing all the hopes of the investigation on in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
2. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
3. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
4. What kind of camera did Nash tell Kate the lens cap came from?
5. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
6. For what purpose does John ask to see the personnel files of those employees who came into contact with the couple with the video camera? What does he find?
7. Why does Kate tell John she would like him to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
8. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
9. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
10. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how it is related to one of the following items:
1) A MAN AND A WOMAN tape
2) Hotel Blanket
3) Camera lens cap
Essay Topic 2
Discuss John's decision to continue pursuing the investigation even after being warned away. Why did John begin investigating the crash? Why does he continue to investigate? What is John's overall goal in investigating this crash? Does John go into the investigation with the belief that terrorists are involved, or does John have some other motive for beginning this investigation? How many times is John warned to stay away from the investigation? Who gives these warnings? What are their motives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kate Mayfield. How does Kate know John? How does their relationship affect Kate's influence over John's decision to investigate Flight 800? Why does Kate want the crash re-investigated? What is her motivation? Why was Kate not allowed to investigate the blanket found on the beach after the crash? Why was she reprimanded for discovering which hotel the blanket came from? Why do all of John's enemies continuously imply that Kate had an affair with Nash? Did she?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)