|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
2. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
3. What agency does John tell the Bayview Hotel manager he works for in Chapter 23?
4. What information does John learn in Chapter 24 the FBI purged from the hotel computers?
5. Why does Tom Spruck claim he never came forward with his information regarding the crash of TWA Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of camera did Nash tell Kate the lens cap came from?
2. What does Tom Spruck, a retired naval officer, tell John he saw the night Flight 800 crashed?
3. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
4. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
5. What threat does Koenig make to John when they speak the day before the scheduled meeting?
6. What does John hear as he approaches the North Tower a few minutes behind Jill and Kate?
7. How does John ensure that Jill Winslow's husband will not be home when he goes to talk to her?
8. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
9. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
10. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jack Koenig. Why does Koenig dislike John? Why do John and Koenig get into disagreements several times in the novel? Why does Koenig send John to Yemen? What might John have been able to prevent if he had finished his investigation into Flight 800 instead of going to Yemen? What was Jack Koenig afraid John might discover? Why does John invite Koenig to the final meeting regarding the VCR tape? What does John think Koenig will do with the tape?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following relationships and how they influence the development of the plot:
1) John and Kate
2) Jill and Bud
3) John and Nash
4) Kate and Nash
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast one of the following settings:
1) Westhampton and John's small apartment
2) Windows on the World Restaurant and the small Greek coffee shop
3) Bayview Hotel and the Plaza Hotel.
This section contains 2,165 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)