|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does John wait after the husband has left before ringing Jill Winslow's doorbell in Chapter 44?
(a) Nearly an hour.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Two hours.
2. What does John learn about the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800 in Chapter 41?
(a) The were blind and saw nothing.
(b) They were never on the beach.
(c) They were an old couple watching the stars.
(d) They were having sex during the crash and saw nothing.
3. What happened to the building where the meeting regarding the videotape was planned to take place?
(a) It was quarantined for a suspected outbreak.
(b) It fell in an earthquake.
(c) It collapsed after a plane crashed into it.
(d) It caught on fire.
4. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
(a) The Ritz Carlton.
(b) The Waldorf-Astoria.
(c) The Plaza.
(d) The Bayview.
5. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
(a) David Stein.
(b) Bud Mitchell.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Mark Winslow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
2. Who does John have breakfast with the morning of September 10?
3. What does the maid suggest the couple did in the few hours after arriving at the hotel?
4. What question about the possible rental of a video tape by the suspected lovers bothers John in Chapter 37?
5. What does John tell Kate about the investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
2. How does John ensure that Jill Winslow's husband will not be home when he goes to talk to her?
3. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
4. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
5. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
6. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
7. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
8. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
9. What strange phone call does John get just after learning where he can find Jill Winslow?
10. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)