|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) It is in a restricted building.
(b) It is in the same restaurant where John proposed to Kate.
(c) It is in the North Tower, a target of the September 11 attacks.
(d) It is on a military base.
2. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
(a) Jill, in the shower.
(b) Kate, asleep on the couch.
(c) Dom Fanelli, with news of the survivors.
(d) Jack Koenig, with an arrest warrant.
3. Who does John get into an argument with at the going away party in Chapter 31?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) Jack Koenig.
(d) Liam Griffith.
4. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
(a) The plane crash.
(b) The relationship between Jill and Bud.
(c) The terrorist's identity.
(d) The videotape.
5. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
(a) Take it home with him.
(b) Give it to the concierge.
(c) Return it to the front desk.
(d) Leave it in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What odd phone call does John receive in his hotel room in Chapter 38?
2. What does this mysterious person in Chapter 40 promise to tell John?
3. How long did John look for Kate before returning to his apartment?
4. What is foreshadowing?
5. What does Jill confess to being bored with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
2. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
3. What is Jill's biggest fear now that John knows the truth about the videotape?
4. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
5. How does John ensure that Jill Winslow's husband will not be home when he goes to talk to her?
6. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
7. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
8. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
9. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
10. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)