|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John attempt to borrow a book from the hotel library in Chapter 38?
(a) To meet the librarian.
(b) To get a peek at the receipt book.
(c) To read a favorite book.
(d) To see the process.
2. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) It is on a military base.
(b) It is in a restricted building.
(c) It is in the same restaurant where John proposed to Kate.
(d) It is in the North Tower, a target of the September 11 attacks.
3. Who else shows up to meet Kate's plane?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Liam Griffith.
4. What room does John request when he arrives at the hotel?
(a) Room 302.
(b) Room 503.
(c) Room 103.
(d) Room 203.
5. What is foreshadowing?
(a) Events in the past distorting the future.
(b) The attempt of hiding information.
(c) The story of a character's past and its impact on a plot's development.
(d) The suggestion of events that will happen in the future of a plot's development.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
2. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
3. What threat is made against John during this phone call in Chapter 50?
4. What does Jill tell John in Chapter 45 happened to the original video tape taken the night of the crash of Flight 800?
5. How long does John wait after the husband has left before ringing Jill Winslow's doorbell in Chapter 44?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
2. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
3. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
4. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
5. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
6. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
7. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
8. What does Nash first tell John about the crash of Flight 800 when they meet on the beach?
9. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
10. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)