|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
(a) Because she destroyed evidence.
(b) Because she withheld evidence in a federal investigation.
(c) Because she altered evidence.
(d) Because she copied over hotel property.
2. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) It is in the North Tower, a target of the September 11 attacks.
(b) It is on a military base.
(c) It is in a restricted building.
(d) It is in the same restaurant where John proposed to Kate.
3. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
(a) Dom Fanelli, with news of the survivors.
(b) Jill, in the shower.
(c) Kate, asleep on the couch.
(d) Jack Koenig, with an arrest warrant.
4. Who from the FBI does Jill Winslow tell John she has already spoken with in Chapter 45?
(a) Ted Nash and Kate Mayfield.
(b) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
(c) Jack Koenig and Kate Mayfield.
(d) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
5. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
(a) To ask him to leave.
(b) To ask him to contact his superior.
(c) To ask him to bring in more reinforcements.
(d) To ask him to escort them to the meeting the following morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Kate finally meet at a going away party for her and John in Chapter 31?
2. Why does John attempt to borrow a book from the hotel library in Chapter 38?
3. What does John tell Kate about the investigation?
4. What does John ask Jill to do with the tape in Chapter 47?
5. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
2. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
3. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
4. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
5. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
6. What threat does Koenig make to John when they speak the day before the scheduled meeting?
7. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
8. What does Nash first tell John about the crash of Flight 800 when they meet on the beach?
9. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
10. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)