|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John ask if he was in on the cover-up regarding the videotape?
(a) Ted Nash.
(b) Liam Griffith.
(c) David Stein.
(d) Jack Koenig.
2. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
(a) Put it in a hotel safe.
(b) Give it to him.
(c) Put it in an anonymous locker at the bus station.
(d) Give it to her husband.
3. What question about the possible rental of a video tape by the suspected lovers bothers John in Chapter 37?
(a) Why the couple took the time to watch television.
(b) Why the couple had such bad taste in movies.
(c) Why the couple stole the tape.
(d) Why the couple wanted to see the movie.
4. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
(a) The Holiday Inn.
(b) The Plaza Hotel.
(c) The Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
(d) The Bayview Hotel.
5. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
(a) Kate in police custody.
(b) Ted Nash in police custody.
(c) An approaching airplane.
(d) The press.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Kate finally meet at a going away party for her and John in Chapter 31?
2. Why does John attempt to borrow a book from the hotel library in Chapter 38?
3. What threat is made against John during this phone call in Chapter 50?
4. What does Jill eventually confess she did with the rented video tape of A MAN AND A WOMAN?
5. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What threat does Koenig make to John when they speak the day before the scheduled meeting?
2. What does John hear as he approaches the North Tower a few minutes behind Jill and Kate?
3. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
4. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
5. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
6. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
7. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
8. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
9. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
10. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)