|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room does John request when he arrives at the hotel?
(a) Room 503.
(b) Room 302.
(c) Room 103.
(d) Room 203.
2. Who does John request to see when he takes a room in a hotel in Chapter 35?
(a) The manager, Rosenthal.
(b) The housekeeperr.
(c) The security chief.
(d) The librarian.
3. How did the dates in which John returned to the United States and the date on which he scheduled the meeting regarding the videotape foreshadow disaster?
(a) Because they fell on his birthday, suggesting a hesitation in the investigation.
(b) Because the reader already knew no videotape was ever discovered.
(c) Because the dates are bad luck days.
(d) Because the reader already knew of the events of September 11, 2001.
4. What deal does Ted Nash want to make with John in regards to the videotape he now knows John has?
(a) To not tell his boss he is alive.
(b) To send it to the press.
(c) To keep it secret.
(d) To not tell his boss he was involved in the coverup.
5. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
(a) If she is his sister.
(b) If he is a corrupt federal agent.
(c) If he had an affair with Kate.
(d) If she would be his lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
2. What warning does this mysterious person give to John in Chapter 40 that he has heard many times before?
3. What explanation does John receive in Chapter 41 for the current location of the videotape taken by the lovers the night Flight 800 crashed?
4. Whom does Kate finally meet at a going away party for her and John in Chapter 31?
5. Who does John ask if he was in on the cover-up regarding the videotape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
2. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
3. What strange phone call does John get just after learning where he can find Jill Winslow?
4. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
5. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
6. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
7. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
8. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
9. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
10. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)