|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
(c) Dom Fanelli.
(d) Jack Koenig.
2. Why does John wait more than an hour on Cupsogue Beach County Park in Chapter 39?
(a) To meet his mysterious caller.
(b) To meet a lover.
(c) To meet his sister.
(d) To experience what the suspected lovers experienced the night of the crash.
3. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(c) Ted Nash.
4. Who does John describe as the referee in his description of the people he plans to invite to the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) Someone from the NTSB.
(b) Someone from FBI headquarters.
(c) Someone from the CIA.
(d) Someone from the Attorney General's office.
5. What item does the maid tell John was once in all the rooms at Bayview, but which John did not see on his visit to the hotel?
(a) DVD player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does John receive in Chapter 41 for the current location of the videotape taken by the lovers the night Flight 800 crashed?
2. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
3. How does John react after watching the video tape of the plane crash?
4. What deal does Ted Nash want to make with John in regards to the videotape he now knows John has?
5. What question about the possible rental of a video tape by the suspected lovers bothers John in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
2. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
3. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
4. What threat does Koenig make to John when they speak the day before the scheduled meeting?
5. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
6. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
7. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
8. Where does John take Jill after ditching his car in a university parking lot?
9. How does John ensure that Jill Winslow's husband will not be home when he goes to talk to her?
10. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)