|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) David Stein.
(c) Mark Winslow.
(d) Bud Mitchell.
2. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
(a) If she would be his lover.
(b) If he had an affair with Kate.
(c) If she is his sister.
(d) If he is a corrupt federal agent.
3. What does Jill eventually confess she did with the rented video tape of A MAN AND A WOMAN?
(a) Jill sold it to a friend.
(b) Jill copied the tape of the plane crash over it.
(c) Jill lost it on the beach.
(d) Jill added it to her personal videotape collection.
4. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) David Stein.
(c) Jill Winslow.
(d) Ted Nash.
5. What does John tell Kate about the investigation?
(a) That he has found the lovers from the beach.
(b) That he has decided no foul play took place.
(c) That Ted Nash is still alive.
(d) That he has given up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the maid tell John was once in all the rooms at Bayview, but which John did not see on his visit to the hotel?
2. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
3. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
4. Where is Kate returning to New York from?
5. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
2. What does John find at home after searching all day for Kate?
3. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
4. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
5. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
6. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
7. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
8. Who all does John tell Jill will be at the meeting the following day?
9. What is Jill's biggest fear now that John knows the truth about the videotape?
10. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)