|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
(a) A kind security guard.
(b) David Stein and the ATTF.
(c) A CIA escort.
(d) Dom Fanelli and his NYPD buddies.
2. Why does John rent a car and drive to Philadelphia at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) To follow a lead on the Khalil case.
(b) To inteview Roxanne Scarangello.
(c) To visit an old friend.
(d) To find Kate.
3. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
(b) Kate sent her home.
(c) Kate saw her arrested.
(d) Kate saw her car crash.
4. What does John learn about the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800 in Chapter 41?
(a) They were having sex during the crash and saw nothing.
(b) They were an old couple watching the stars.
(c) The were blind and saw nothing.
(d) They were never on the beach.
5. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
(a) The press.
(b) Kate in police custody.
(c) An approaching airplane.
(d) Ted Nash in police custody.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
2. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
3. What does the maid tell John she found in an ashtray when she cleaned Room 203?
4. What does Jill eventually confess she did with the rented video tape of A MAN AND A WOMAN?
5. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
2. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
3. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
4. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
5. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
6. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
7. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
8. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
9. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
10. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)