|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does John ask JIll to get a copy of while she is out shopping in Chapter 49?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) A Man and a Woman.
(c) Toy Story.
2. What does Jill eventually confess she did with the rented video tape of A MAN AND A WOMAN?
(a) Jill sold it to a friend.
(b) Jill lost it on the beach.
(c) Jill copied the tape of the plane crash over it.
(d) Jill added it to her personal videotape collection.
3. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) Ted Nash.
4. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) David Stein.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Jill Winslow.
5. Where do John and Kate spend their final night together before both go to their respective assignments overseas?
(a) In the office.
(b) Ecco bar.
(c) Windows on the World Restaurant.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John learn about the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800 in Chapter 41?
2. Who from the FBI does Jill Winslow tell John she has already spoken with in Chapter 45?
3. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
4. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
5. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
2. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
3. Where does John take Jill after ditching his car in a university parking lot?
4. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
5. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
6. How does John ensure that Jill Winslow's husband will not be home when he goes to talk to her?
7. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
8. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
9. What does Nash first tell John about the crash of Flight 800 when they meet on the beach?
10. What is Jill's biggest fear now that John knows the truth about the videotape?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)