|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is foreshadowing?
(a) The story of a character's past and its impact on a plot's development.
(b) Events in the past distorting the future.
(c) The suggestion of events that will happen in the future of a plot's development.
(d) The attempt of hiding information.
2. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
(a) Jill's husband, Mark.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Bud Mitchell.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
3. What does Jill force John to watch when she shows him the videotape of the plane crash?
(a) A family video placed at the beginning of the tape.
(b) Herself having sex with Bud.
(c) Herself giving a speech about terrorism.
(d) The beginning of the movie A Man and A Woman.
4. What does this mysterious person in Chapter 40 promise to tell John?
(a) The whereabouts of the suspected lovers.
(b) The truth about FBI corruption.
(c) The truth about Kate.
(d) The truth about Flight 800.
5. Where do John and Kate spend their final night together before both go to their respective assignments overseas?
(a) At home.
(b) In the office.
(c) Ecco bar.
(d) Windows on the World Restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
2. What is significant about the date on which John returns from Yemen?
3. Who does Jill report to John has been trying to reach her by phone in Chapter 49?
4. How long does John wait after the husband has left before ringing Jill Winslow's doorbell in Chapter 44?
5. What does John ask Jill to do with the tape in Chapter 47?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John take Jill after ditching his car in a university parking lot?
2. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
3. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
4. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
5. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
6. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
7. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
8. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
9. What does Nash first tell John about the crash of Flight 800 when they meet on the beach?
10. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)