|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John get into an argument with at the going away party in Chapter 31?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) Liam Griffith.
(d) Jack Koenig.
2. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(d) Ted Nash.
3. Why does John wait more than an hour on Cupsogue Beach County Park in Chapter 39?
(a) To meet his sister.
(b) To meet a lover.
(c) To meet his mysterious caller.
(d) To experience what the suspected lovers experienced the night of the crash.
4. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) Anonymous caller.
(b) Private caller.
(c) FBI Headquarters.
(d) Unknown caller.
5. What story does John convince a police sergeant to give the husband of his suspect in Chapter 43?
(a) That there is a rapist in the area.
(b) That there is a prowler in the area.
(c) That his wife is a suspect in a murder.
(d) That his wife is a suspect in a shoplifting crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
2. What warning does this mysterious person give to John in Chapter 40 that he has heard many times before?
3. Where do John and Kate spend their final night together before both go to their respective assignments overseas?
4. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
5. What explanation does John receive in Chapter 41 for the current location of the videotape taken by the lovers the night Flight 800 crashed?
Short Essay Questions
1. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
2. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
3. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
4. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
5. Who all does John tell Jill will be at the meeting the following day?
6. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
7. What does John find at home after searching all day for Kate?
8. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
9. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
10. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)