|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John tell Kate about the investigation?
(a) That he has decided no foul play took place.
(b) That Ted Nash is still alive.
(c) That he has given up.
(d) That he has found the lovers from the beach.
2. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Dom Fanelli.
3. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
(a) A kind security guard.
(b) Dom Fanelli and his NYPD buddies.
(c) David Stein and the ATTF.
(d) A CIA escort.
4. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located in Pennsylvania.
(b) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(c) It is located near the Pentagon.
(d) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
5. Where does Jill Winslow's husband go in Chapter 44 that allows John to speak to her alone?
(b) A child's sporting event.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
2. What question about the possible rental of a video tape by the suspected lovers bothers John in Chapter 37?
3. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
4. What happened to the building where the meeting regarding the videotape was planned to take place?
5. What does this mysterious person in Chapter 40 promise to tell John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
2. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
3. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
4. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
5. What is Jill's biggest fear now that John knows the truth about the videotape?
6. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
7. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
8. What does John hear as he approaches the North Tower a few minutes behind Jill and Kate?
9. What strange phone call does John get just after learning where he can find Jill Winslow?
10. What does Nash first tell John about the crash of Flight 800 when they meet on the beach?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)