|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kate finally meet at a going away party for her and John in Chapter 31?
(a) Robin, John's ex-wife.
(b) Paul, John's brother.
(c) Stein, John's supervisor.
(d) Liam Griffith, the FBI agent who investigated Flight 800.
2. What story does John convince a police sergeant to give the husband of his suspect in Chapter 43?
(a) That there is a prowler in the area.
(b) That there is a rapist in the area.
(c) That his wife is a suspect in a shoplifting crime.
(d) That his wife is a suspect in a murder.
3. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
(a) David Stein.
(b) Bud Mitchell.
(c) Mark Winslow.
(d) Jack Koenig.
4. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
(a) The terrorist's identity.
(b) The relationship between Jill and Bud.
(c) The videotape.
(d) The plane crash.
5. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) Unknown caller.
(b) Private caller.
(c) Anonymous caller.
(d) FBI Headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
2. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
3. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
4. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
5. How does John react when Kate arrives in Chapter 52?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John take Jill after ditching his car in a university parking lot?
2. What is Roxanne able to tell John that she recalls of room 203 when she cleaned it the night of the plane crash?
3. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
4. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
5. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
6. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
7. Who all does John tell Jill will be at the meeting the following day?
8. What threat does Koenig make to John when they speak the day before the scheduled meeting?
9. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
10. What does Nash claim was on the videotape the couple on the beach took the night of the plane crash?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)