|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question about the possible rental of a video tape by the suspected lovers bothers John in Chapter 37?
(a) Why the couple had such bad taste in movies.
(b) Why the couple wanted to see the movie.
(c) Why the couple stole the tape.
(d) Why the couple took the time to watch television.
2. Where is Kate returning to New York from?
3. For what reason do they use this number of cars to transport them to the meeting?
(a) To distract their enemies.
(b) To save gas.
(d) To have room for all the cops protecting them.
4. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
(a) He was expecting a woman.
(b) He is there to break his wedding vows.
(c) She is someone from his past.
(d) He is supposed to be dead.
5. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
(a) That this person has witnessed a crime.
(b) That this person is a suspect in a crime.
(c) That this person is in immenent danger.
(d) That this person is a battered person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
2. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
3. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
4. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
5. What item does the maid tell John was once in all the rooms at Bayview, but which John did not see on his visit to the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
2. What threat does Koenig make to John when they speak the day before the scheduled meeting?
3. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
4. Who all does John tell Jill will be at the meeting the following day?
5. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
6. What does Nash first tell John about the crash of Flight 800 when they meet on the beach?
7. What is Jill's biggest fear now that John knows the truth about the videotape?
8. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
9. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
10. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)