|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jill tell John in Chapter 45 happened to the original video tape taken the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She erased it.
(b) Bud destroyed it.
(c) The FBI destroyed it.
(d) Bud erased it.
2. What does Jill confess to being bored with?
(a) Her lover, Bud.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her high-society life.
3. What does Jill force John to watch when she shows him the videotape of the plane crash?
(a) The beginning of the movie A Man and A Woman.
(b) Herself having sex with Bud.
(c) A family video placed at the beginning of the tape.
(d) Herself giving a speech about terrorism.
4. Who does John get into an argument with at the going away party in Chapter 31?
(a) Liam Griffith.
(b) Jack Koenig.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
5. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate saw her car crash.
(b) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
(c) Kate sent her home.
(d) Kate saw her arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do John and Kate spend their final night together before both go to their respective assignments overseas?
2. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
3. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
4. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
5. Who does John request to see when he takes a room in a hotel in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
2. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
3. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
4. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
5. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
6. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
7. What strange phone call does John get just after learning where he can find Jill Winslow?
8. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
9. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
10. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)