|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the building where the meeting regarding the videotape was planned to take place?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) It collapsed after a plane crashed into it.
(c) It was quarantined for a suspected outbreak.
(d) It fell in an earthquake.
2. What does the maid suggest the couple did in the few hours after arriving at the hotel?
(a) Had sex.
(b) Ate dinner.
(c) Watched television.
(d) Swam in the hotel pool.
3. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
(a) Put it in an anonymous locker at the bus station.
(b) Put it in a hotel safe.
(c) Give it to her husband.
(d) Give it to him.
4. Why does John wait more than an hour on Cupsogue Beach County Park in Chapter 39?
(a) To experience what the suspected lovers experienced the night of the crash.
(b) To meet his sister.
(c) To meet his mysterious caller.
(d) To meet a lover.
5. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
(a) He suspects she knows who the lovers are.
(b) He suspects she knows who the terrorist responsible for Flight 800 is.
(c) He suspects she can prove Koenig is corrupt.
(d) He believes she is half of the suspected lovers at the Bayview Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the maid from the Bayview Hotel tell John interviewed her the day after the crash of TWA Flight 800?
2. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
3. Where does Jill Winslow's husband go in Chapter 44 that allows John to speak to her alone?
4. What does Jill eventually confess she did with the rented video tape of A MAN AND A WOMAN?
5. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
2. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
3. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
4. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
5. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
6. What important detail is Roxanne able to supply John about an item that is no longer available in the Bayview Hotel rooms now, but was in 1996?
7. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
8. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
9. What does John find at home after searching all day for Kate?
10. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)