|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
(a) Jill Winslow.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) David Stein.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
2. What is foreshadowing?
(a) The attempt of hiding information.
(b) The story of a character's past and its impact on a plot's development.
(c) Events in the past distorting the future.
(d) The suggestion of events that will happen in the future of a plot's development.
3. What does John learn about the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800 in Chapter 41?
(a) They were never on the beach.
(b) They were having sex during the crash and saw nothing.
(c) They were an old couple watching the stars.
(d) The were blind and saw nothing.
4. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
(a) To ask him to leave.
(b) To ask him to escort them to the meeting the following morning.
(c) To ask him to contact his superior.
(d) To ask him to bring in more reinforcements.
5. What does Jill tell John in Chapter 45 happened to the original video tape taken the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She erased it.
(b) The FBI destroyed it.
(c) Bud erased it.
(d) Bud destroyed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out of hiding just as John is prepared to leave?
2. Who does John request to see when he takes a room in a hotel in Chapter 35?
3. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
4. What does Jill force John to watch when she shows him the videotape of the plane crash?
5. Who does the maid from the Bayview Hotel tell John interviewed her the day after the crash of TWA Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
2. What does John hear as he approaches the North Tower a few minutes behind Jill and Kate?
3. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
4. What does John find when he goes to the Plaza to retrieve the videotape from the hotel safety deposit box?
5. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
6. How does John ensure that Jill Winslow's husband will not be home when he goes to talk to her?
7. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
8. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
9. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
10. What is Jill's biggest fear now that John knows the truth about the videotape?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)