|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What test does John learn in Chapter 41 that the suspected lovers passed during the investigation of Flight 800?
(a) Gunshot residue.
(b) Lie detector.
(c) Drug testing.
(d) Vision testing.
2. What does John learn about the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800 in Chapter 41?
(a) The were blind and saw nothing.
(b) They were never on the beach.
(c) They were an old couple watching the stars.
(d) They were having sex during the crash and saw nothing.
3. What room does John request when he arrives at the hotel?
(a) Room 503.
(b) Room 203.
(c) Room 103.
(d) Room 302.
4. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
(a) Give him time alone with her.
(b) Leave the room for the night.
(c) Be friendly.
(d) Tell Kate all about the investigation.
5. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
(a) Manhattan, New York.
(b) Old Brookville, New Jersey.
(c) Hartford, Connecticut.
(d) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John request to see when he takes a room in a hotel in Chapter 35?
2. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
3. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
4. How does John react when Kate arrives in Chapter 52?
5. Who does John have breakfast with the morning of September 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
2. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
3. What method does Jill insist was used to destroy the original videotape of the plane crash?
4. Where does John take Jill after ditching his car in a university parking lot?
5. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
6. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
7. What does Nash first tell John about the crash of Flight 800 when they meet on the beach?
8. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
9. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
10. What does John find at home after searching all day for Kate?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)