|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the dates in which John returned to the United States and the date on which he scheduled the meeting regarding the videotape foreshadow disaster?
(a) Because they fell on his birthday, suggesting a hesitation in the investigation.
(b) Because the reader already knew of the events of September 11, 2001.
(c) Because the reader already knew no videotape was ever discovered.
(d) Because the dates are bad luck days.
2. What does Jill confess to being bored with?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her high-society life.
(d) Her lover, Bud.
3. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
(a) Ted Nash in police custody.
(b) Kate in police custody.
(c) An approaching airplane.
(d) The press.
4. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
(a) Jack Koenig, with an arrest warrant.
(b) Dom Fanelli, with news of the survivors.
(c) Kate, asleep on the couch.
(d) Jill, in the shower.
5. Who does Jill report to John has been trying to reach her by phone in Chapter 49?
(a) Kate Mayfield.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Jack Koenig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
2. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
3. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
4. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
5. Who does John have breakfast with the morning of September 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John go after speaking to Nash?
2. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
3. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
4. Who all does John tell Jill will be at the meeting the following day?
5. How many cars do John, Jill, and Kate take to the North Tower? For what reason?
6. Who does Dom Fanelli tell John was waiting for Kate at the airport?
7. What does John hear as he approaches the North Tower a few minutes behind Jill and Kate?
8. Where does John arrange to meet with Nash the following morning? What is significant about this location?
9. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
10. How does John know that Jill made a copy of the videotape?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)