|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom Spruck not believe an American missile could have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) No American would target an American passenger plane.
(b) The government does not have the power to hide such a large mistake.
(c) If people knew about it, they would have talked.
(d) American missiles do not have the power this missile clearly had.
2. Who made the video John watches that refutes mechanical failure as the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) The NTSB.
(b) Conspiracy theorists.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
3. For whom does John Corey work?
(c) New York City Police Department.
(d) Federal Anti-Terrorist Task Force.
4. The deaths of how many people are being memorialized in Chapter 3?
5. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
(b) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
(c) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
(d) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
3. What do John and Kate promise to do if they are approached about the re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
4. What agency does John tell the Bayview Hotel manager he works for in Chapter 23?
5. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory of the CIA does Kate not support and John doubts?
2. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
3. What are the seven theories of the plane crash that Kate tells John?
4. Where does John go after calling in sick to work and for what purpose?
5. What is the CIA's theory as to the orange light many witnesses reported seeing coming from the ocean toward the plane?
6. What is the result of John's meeting with Stein?
7. What interview did Marie Gubitosi conduct that John now feels is significant in regards to the couple on the beach the night of the plane crash?
8. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
9. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
10. What does Tom Spruck, a retired naval officer, tell John he saw the night Flight 800 crashed?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)