|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Jack Koening.
(b) Leslie Rosenthal.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Elisabeth Miller.
2. Who is Sydney R. Siben?
(a) An investigator with the NTSB.
(b) An investigator with ATTF.
(c) An agent with the CIA.
(d) A special agent with the FBI.
3. Why does Kate ask John to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) She believes the original investigation was corrupt.
(b) She believes their might still be survivors out there.
(c) She does not believe a missile took the plane down.
(d) She does not believe the truth has come out.
4. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
(b) A methane gas bubble.
(c) A short circuit that came in contact with fuel vapors.
(d) Pilot error.
5. What has Fanelli guessed about John and warns him to stay away from in Chapter 29?
(a) The bombing of the USS Cole investigation.
(b) The investigation into a terrorist cell in Afganistan.
(c) The TWA Flight 800 crash investigation.
(d) The investigation into Osama Bin Laden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate tell John she learned the name of the hotel on the blanket?
2. What does Koenig tell John in Chapter 30 about the videotape?
3. To where does Kate take John after leaving the memorial service?
4. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
5. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
2. What is the CIA's theory as to the orange light many witnesses reported seeing coming from the ocean toward the plane?
3. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
4. Where does John go after calling in sick to work and for what purpose?
5. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
6. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
7. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
8. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
9. What does Tom Spruck, a retired naval officer, tell John he saw the night Flight 800 crashed?
10. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)