|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jill tell Bill she saw before the plane exploded?
(a) A missile.
(b) A methane gas bubble.
(c) An alien ship.
(d) A laser.
2. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
(a) Sailing on his boat.
(b) Swimming on a deserted beach.
(c) Flying to Paris.
(d) Watching planes take off.
3. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
(b) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
(c) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
(d) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
4. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
(a) The black boxes from an passenger plane.
(b) Her engagement ring.
(c) Anonymous clothing.
(d) A blanket with a hotel logo, a wine bottle, and a corkscrew.
5. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
(a) Mechanical failure.
(b) A terror attack.
(d) Pilot error.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate think of the theory that what hundreds of witnesses saw was an optical illusion?
2. For what reason is John being sent to Yemen?
3. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
4. How did Kate find out the blanket found on the beach might have come from a local hotel?
5. From whom does Kate tell John she learned of the hotel blanket and camera lens cap found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
2. Who is Liam Griffith and what does he warn John Corey not to do at the memorial for TWA Flight 800?
3. What is the result of John's meeting with Stein?
4. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
5. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
6. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
7. Why do John Corey and Kate Mayfield go to a memorial on the beach each year?
8. What do John and Kate agree to do if anyone asks about their re-investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
9. Where does Kate take John in order for him to view the wreckage of the plane?
10. Where does John go after calling in sick to work and for what purpose?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)