|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivation causes John to decide to investigate the crash of Flight 800 despite the inherent dangers?
(a) A friend who died on the plane.
(b) The 203 people who died.
(d) Kate's career.
2. What warning does a friend of John's from the NYPD tell him about his re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) That careers have been ruined by the investigation.
(b) That people have been killed in connection to the investigation.
(c) That it is treason to doubt the original investigation.
(d) That he could lose his job over the investigation.
3. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
(b) Jack Koenig.
(c) The FBI in general.
(d) Stein himself.
4. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A lens cap found on the beach.
(b) The fuel tank near the electrical short that caused the crash.
(c) The plane's black boxes.
(d) The videotape taken by a couple on the beach.
5. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
(a) Her engagement ring.
(b) The black boxes from an passenger plane.
(c) Anonymous clothing.
(d) A blanket with a hotel logo, a wine bottle, and a corkscrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
2. Why does Tom Spruck claim he never came forward with his information regarding the crash of TWA Flight 800?
3. What does Kate tell John would have been the consequence of her choosing an assignment within the continental United States?
4. For whom does John Corey work?
5. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What name does John ask Dick Kearns to give him in relation to the investigation?
2. Who does John ask to find Marie Gubitosi and what does he find?
3. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
4. For what purpose does John ask to see the personnel files of those employees who came into contact with the couple with the video camera? What does he find?
5. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
6. What does Jill see in the sky just before the plane explodes?
7. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
8. What kind of camera did Nash tell Kate the lens cap came from?
9. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
10. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)