|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Kate tell John she learned of the hotel blanket and camera lens cap found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Ted Nash.
(b) Dick Kearns.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Marie Gubitosi.
2. Which of the following is not one of the seven theories as to the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A missile from a foreign submarine.
(b) A methane gas bubble.
(c) A friendly fired missile from military exercises.
3. What does Koenig suggest about Kate and Ted Nash's relationship?
(a) That they were partners on the Flight 800 investigation.
(b) That they were siblings.
(c) That they were close emotionally.
(d) That they were sworn enemies.
4. What has Fanelli guessed about John and warns him to stay away from in Chapter 29?
(a) The bombing of the USS Cole investigation.
(b) The TWA Flight 800 crash investigation.
(c) The investigation into a terrorist cell in Afganistan.
(d) The investigation into Osama Bin Laden.
5. Why was Kate unable to see a police report on the items found on the beach the night of the plane crash?
(a) There never was one.
(b) The FBI took it.
(c) The CIA destroyed it.
(d) The cops lost it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
2. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
3. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
4. For whom does John Corey work?
5. Why does Kate ask John to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do John Corey and Kate Mayfield go to a memorial on the beach each year?
2. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
3. What does Jill see in the sky just before the plane explodes?
4. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
5. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
6. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
7. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
8. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
9. What does Tom Spruck, a retired naval officer, tell John he saw the night Flight 800 crashed?
10. Who is Liam Griffith and what does he warn John Corey not to do at the memorial for TWA Flight 800?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)