|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the relationship between the two lovers on the beach?
(a) They are both legally separated.
(b) They are both teachers.
(c) They are both politicians.
(d) They are both married to other people.
2. What does John request when he first arrives at the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 23?
(a) To speak with the housekeeper.
(b) To see the library rental receipts.
(c) To see the manager.
(d) To rent a room with cash.
3. What promise was Kate able to extract from Koenig with the understanding that both she and John would accept their new assignments?
(a) That she and John would be allowed to work as partners in the future.
(b) That she and John would never be assigned to separate locations again.
(c) That she and John would be allowed to choose their next assignment.
(d) That she and John would be assigned to New York for two years.
4. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
(a) Investigates the Bayview Hotel on ATTF time.
(b) Turns off his beeper and cell phone.
(c) Argues with Kate on company property.
(d) Calls in sick.
5. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
(b) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
(c) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
(d) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
2. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
3. Why does John calls Dom Fanelli in Chapter 29?
4. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
5. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interview did Marie Gubitosi conduct that John now feels is significant in regards to the couple on the beach the night of the plane crash?
2. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
3. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
4. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
5. Where does John go after calling in sick to work and for what purpose?
6. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
7. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
8. What does Jill see in the sky just before the plane explodes?
9. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
10. What does Koenig imply about Kate's relationship with Ted Nash during his meeting with John to go over his assignment in Yemen?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)