Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
(a) A methane gas bubble.
(b) Pilot error.
(d) A short circuit that came in contact with fuel vapors.
2. Why does Kate insist she cannot get involved in re-investigating the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) Due to her position with the FBI.
(b) Due to a loyalty to her boss, Jack Koenig.
(c) Due to a personal belief that justice was done.
(d) Due to commitment to other cases.
3. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
(a) To a library to research the many types of missiles.
(b) To the office to review the files on the crash.
(c) To the morgue to discuss the damage to the bodies with the coroner.
(d) To the hangar where the plane was reassembled.
4. What is the most significant item found on this beach?
(a) A videotape.
(b) A camera lens cap.
(c) A child's toy.
(d) Debris from a missile.
5. For whom does John Corey work?
(c) New York City Police Department.
(d) Federal Anti-Terrorist Task Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Kate tell John she learned of the hotel blanket and camera lens cap found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
2. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
3. What building can John see from his apartment's balcony that was attacked by a terrorist's bomb in 1993?
4. What does Kate tell John would have been the consequence of her choosing an assignment within the continental United States?
5. What agency does John tell the Bayview Hotel manager he works for in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange phone call does John get just after learning where he can find Jill Winslow?
2. What question plagues John as he waits for Dom Fanelli to locate Jill Winslow?
3. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
4. Who does John find waiting for him on the beach when he goes to meet with his mysterious caller?
5. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
6. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
7. What does Nash ask of John when he hears the title of the movie John plans to allow him to view at their meeting?
8. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
9. What is significant about the pink receipt John is able to locate with the help of the hotel manager for a VCR tape the couple in room 203 took out the night of the plane crash?
10. John returns to the Bayview Hotel and learns what about the process to check out books from the hotel library?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)