|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Kate take John after leaving the memorial service?
(a) The beach where two lovers were suspected to have videotaped a plane crash.
(b) To a beach where debris from a plane crash washed up.
(c) To a beach where John first proposed.
(d) To a beach where they skinny dip together.
2. Why was Kate unable to see a police report on the items found on the beach the night of the plane crash?
(a) The cops lost it.
(b) The CIA destroyed it.
(c) The FBI took it.
(d) There never was one.
3. Who helps John find Marie Gubitosi?
(a) Dick Kearns.
(b) Jack Koenig.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
4. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
(a) A terror attack.
(c) Mechanical failure.
(d) Pilot error.
5. What part of the investigation did the FBI hide from Marie?
(a) The name of the couple staying at the Bayview.
(b) The possibility of infidelity.
(c) The name of the hotel.
(d) The possibility of a video recording of the crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivation causes John to decide to investigate the crash of Flight 800 despite the inherent dangers?
2. What warning does Koenig give John just before he leaves his office in Chapter 30?
3. Why does John calls Dom Fanelli in Chapter 29?
4. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
5. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
2. How did Kate come to know which hotel the blanket found on the beach near the camera lens cap belonged to?
3. What did the police find on a public beach within view of the plane crash that Kate now feels is significant to the investigation?
4. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
5. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
6. Who does John ask Fanelli to find and for what purpose?
7. Why do John Corey and Kate Mayfield go to a memorial on the beach each year?
8. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
9. What reason does John give the police for wanting to speak to Jill Winslow?
10. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)