|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) The plane's black boxes.
(b) The fuel tank near the electrical short that caused the crash.
(c) A lens cap found on the beach.
(d) The videotape taken by a couple on the beach.
2. Why does John calls Dom Fanelli in Chapter 29?
(a) To ask him to go to Yemen with him.
(b) To ask him to go on assigment with Kate.
(c) To tell him to watch over his apartment.
(d) To get him to research the names of the employees from the Bayview Hotel.
3. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
(a) To the hangar where the plane was reassembled.
(b) To a library to research the many types of missiles.
(c) To the morgue to discuss the damage to the bodies with the coroner.
(d) To the office to review the files on the crash.
4. For whom does John Corey work?
(a) New York City Police Department.
(c) Federal Anti-Terrorist Task Force.
5. Which of the following is not one of the seven theories as to the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A friendly fired missile from military exercises.
(c) A missile from a foreign submarine.
(d) A methane gas bubble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
2. What does Kate think of the theory that what hundreds of witnesses saw was an optical illusion?
3. What type of missile does Tom Spruck suggest might have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
4. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
5. Who is Tom Spruck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nash first tell John about the crash of Flight 800 when they meet on the beach?
2. Why does John insist that a videotape of the crash of TWA Flight 800 might not be the key piece of evidence Kate hopes it will be?
3. Where does John go after calling in sick to work and for what purpose?
4. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
5. On what day does John return from Yemen? Why is this day significant?
6. Who arranges for John, Jill, and Kate to have a police escort the following day?
7. Why does Kate suspect Koenig wants to see her the following morning and Steiner wants to see John?
8. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
9. With whom does John fight at his and Kate's going away party and why?
10. What does Kate have to say about the conspiracy to hide the tape when John is done catching her up on the case?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)