|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory does Kate claim is in a category all its own?
(a) A plasma ray gun.
(b) Friendly fire.
2. Why does Tom Spruck not believe an American missile could have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) If people knew about it, they would have talked.
(b) The government does not have the power to hide such a large mistake.
(c) American missiles do not have the power this missile clearly had.
(d) No American would target an American passenger plane.
3. What has Fanelli guessed about John and warns him to stay away from in Chapter 29?
(a) The bombing of the USS Cole investigation.
(b) The TWA Flight 800 crash investigation.
(c) The investigation into Osama Bin Laden.
(d) The investigation into a terrorist cell in Afganistan.
4. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
(b) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
(c) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
(d) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
5. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
(a) The passengers backgrounds and ethnic origins.
(b) The actual crash debris.
(c) The possibility of a missile.
(d) The couple who might have videotaped the crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What room in the Bayview Hotel does John request he be allowed to view in Chapter 25?
2. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
3. What nags at John about the timeline regarding the suspected lovers on the beach in Chapter 25?
4. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
5. Who is Tom Spruck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dick Kearns tell John Corey to stay away from the TWA Flight 800 investigation?
2. What theory of the CIA does Kate not support and John doubts?
3. Why does Kate tell John she would like him to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
4. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
5. What question comes to John's mind after he views both the hotel room and the spot on the beach where the couple possibly videotaped the plane crash?
6. Who is Liam Griffith and what does he warn John Corey not to do at the memorial for TWA Flight 800?
7. What interview did Marie Gubitosi conduct that John now feels is significant in regards to the couple on the beach the night of the plane crash?
8. What kind of camera did Nash tell Kate the lens cap came from?
9. What do John and Kate agree to do if anyone asks about their re-investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
10. For what purpose does John ask to see the personnel files of those employees who came into contact with the couple with the video camera? What does he find?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)