|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
2. What did Spruck see the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
(a) A terrorist running away with a shoulder mounted launcher.
(b) Burning debris falling from the sky.
(c) A methane gas bubble rising from the ocean.
(d) An orange light rising from the ocean toward the plane.
3. What does John's friend from the NYPD believe was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) A methane bubble.
(b) Friendly fire from a military exercise.
(c) Mechanical failure.
(d) A cargo door that fell off.
4. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
(a) Watch planes take off.
(c) Videotape themselves.
(d) Explore marine life.
5. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
(b) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
(c) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
(d) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the investigation did the FBI hide from Marie?
2. What has Fanelli guessed about John and warns him to stay away from in Chapter 29?
3. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
4. Where does John go after leaving the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 25?
5. How does Kate tell John she learned the name of the hotel on the blanket?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what purpose does John ask to see the personnel files of those employees who came into contact with the couple with the video camera? What does he find?
2. What do John and Kate agree to do if anyone asks about their re-investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
3. What are the seven theories of the plane crash that Kate tells John?
4. How does Tom Spruck explain his theory when previous investigators have already ruled them out?
5. Who is Sidney R. Siben and how does he discredit eye witness reports of an object flying toward the plane from the ocean?
6. Why is Kate being sent to Africa and why has she chosen Africa over an assignment in the United States?
7. What key evidence did the FBI hide from Marie Gubitosi while she was investigating the couple from the beach?
8. What does Kate tell John about how she came to know about the police finding the blanket from Bayview Hotel on the beach the night of the crash?
9. What is the CIA's theory as to the orange light many witnesses reported seeing coming from the ocean toward the plane?
10. Why do John Corey and Kate Mayfield go to a memorial on the beach each year?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)