|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What receipt does John ask to be shown in Chapter 36?
(a) A receipt for a massage by the suspected lovers.
(b) A receipt for a hotel room rented by a new suspect.
(c) A receipt for a meal eaten by new suspects.
(d) A receipt for a video rental by the suspected lovers.
2. What does John do in Chapter 42 after his meeting on the beach?
(a) Checks out of the hotel.
(b) Returns to the hotel to investigate his mysterious witnesses claims.
(c) Call Dom Fanelli for backup.
(d) Returns home.
3. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
(a) He believes she is half of the suspected lovers at the Bayview Hotel.
(b) He suspects she knows who the terrorist responsible for Flight 800 is.
(c) He suspects she can prove Koenig is corrupt.
(d) He suspects she knows who the lovers are.
4. What room does John request when he arrives at the hotel?
(a) Room 203.
(b) Room 503.
(c) Room 302.
(d) Room 103.
5. Who else shows up to meet Kate's plane?
(a) Liam Griffith.
(b) The CIA.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Ted Nash.
6. What deal does Ted Nash want to make with John in regards to the videotape he now knows John has?
(a) To send it to the press.
(b) To not tell his boss he is alive.
(c) To not tell his boss he was involved in the coverup.
(d) To keep it secret.
7. Who does the maid from the Bayview Hotel tell John interviewed her the day after the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
(b) Jack Koenig and Kate.
(c) Kate and Ted Nash.
(d) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
8. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
(a) Two cops.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
9. Why does John leave his car in a parking lot of SUNY in Chapter 48?
(a) To avoid car accidents.
(b) To keep it safe.
(c) To keep from using too much gas.
(d) To keep anyone from knowing where he is.
10. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
(a) She is someone from his past.
(b) He is supposed to be dead.
(c) He was expecting a woman.
(d) He is there to break his wedding vows.
11. What is significant about the date on which John returns from Yemen?
(a) It is four days before the September 11 attacks.
(b) It is the anniversary of the crash of TWA Flight 800.
(c) It is his and Kate's wedding anniversary.
(d) It is his birthday.
12. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
(a) Because she destroyed evidence.
(b) Because she copied over hotel property.
(c) Because she withheld evidence in a federal investigation.
(d) Because she altered evidence.
13. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(b) It is located near the Pentagon.
(c) It is located in Pennsylvania.
(d) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
14. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(b) Ted Nash.
15. What threat is made against John during this phone call in Chapter 50?
(a) There is a 50 percent chance the videotape is a fake.
(b) There is a 100 percent chance he will lose his job.
(c) There is a twenty percent chance he will learn of an affair between Kate and Nash.
(d) There is a 50-50 chance he will not arrive at the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
2. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
3. How many cars do John and Kate take to the meeting the following morning?
4. What does Dom Fanelli tell John when he calls him from a bar in Chapter 32?
5. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)