|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
(a) The Plaza.
(b) The Waldorf-Astoria.
(c) The Bayview.
(d) The Ritz Carlton.
2. What does Dom Fanelli tell John when he calls him from a bar in Chapter 32?
(a) To stay away from the Flight 800 investigation.
(b) Where to find Roxanne Scarangello.
(c) That Kate has returned home.
(d) That John O'Neill has taken over FBI security at the World Trade Center.
3. Who calls Jill and tells her to destroy her copy of the videotape?
(a) Bud Mitchell.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Mark Winslow.
4. What happened to the building where the meeting regarding the videotape was planned to take place?
(a) It was quarantined for a suspected outbreak.
(b) It fell in an earthquake.
(c) It caught on fire.
(d) It collapsed after a plane crashed into it.
5. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(d) Ted Nash.
6. How many cars do John and Kate take to the meeting the following morning?
7. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
(a) To ask him to contact his superior.
(b) To ask him to bring in more reinforcements.
(c) To ask him to leave.
(d) To ask him to escort them to the meeting the following morning.
8. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
(a) Bud Mitchell.
(b) Jill's husband, Mark.
(c) Dom Fanelli.
(d) Ted Nash.
9. What does Jill tell John in Chapter 45 happened to the original video tape taken the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) The FBI destroyed it.
(b) Bud destroyed it.
(c) She erased it.
(d) Bud erased it.
10. How long did John look for Kate before returning to his apartment?
(a) All night.
(c) An hour or two.
(d) Several days.
11. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
(a) Ted Nash in police custody.
(b) Kate in police custody.
(c) The press.
(d) An approaching airplane.
12. How long does John wait after the husband has left before ringing Jill Winslow's doorbell in Chapter 44?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Nearly an hour.
(d) Two hours.
13. Why did the FBI tell the maid she should quit her job at the Bayview Hotel the day after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She has no work visa.
(b) She might face federal prosecution.
(c) She might be barraged by the press.
(d) She might be a crutial witness in the case.
14. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate saw her arrested.
(b) Kate sent her home.
(c) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
(d) Kate saw her car crash.
15. What does John do in Chapter 42 after his meeting on the beach?
(a) Returns to the hotel to investigate his mysterious witnesses claims.
(b) Returns home.
(c) Call Dom Fanelli for backup.
(d) Checks out of the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
2. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
3. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
4. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
5. What is foreshadowing?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)