|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
(a) The Ritz Carlton.
(b) The Bayview.
(c) The Waldorf-Astoria.
(d) The Plaza.
2. Who calls Jill and tells her to destroy her copy of the videotape?
(a) Mark Winslow.
(b) Jack Koenig.
(c) Bud Mitchell.
(d) Ted Nash.
3. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) Private caller.
(b) FBI Headquarters.
(c) Unknown caller.
(d) Anonymous caller.
4. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
(a) To ask him to escort them to the meeting the following morning.
(b) To ask him to leave.
(c) To ask him to bring in more reinforcements.
(d) To ask him to contact his superior.
5. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(b) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
(c) It is located near the Pentagon.
(d) It is located in Pennsylvania.
6. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
(a) The Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
(b) The Bayview Hotel.
(c) The Plaza Hotel.
(d) The Holiday Inn.
7. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
(a) Ted Nash in police custody.
(b) The press.
(c) An approaching airplane.
(d) Kate in police custody.
8. What information does Dom Fanelli give John in Chapter 38?
(a) Where to find Jill Winslow.
(b) That Kate is coming home soon.
(c) That Ted Nash is still alive.
(d) That Koenig wants John fired.
9. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
(a) That this person is a battered person.
(b) That this person is in immenent danger.
(c) That this person is a suspect in a crime.
(d) That this person has witnessed a crime.
10. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) It is in the same restaurant where John proposed to Kate.
(b) It is on a military base.
(c) It is in the North Tower, a target of the September 11 attacks.
(d) It is in a restricted building.
11. To where is Kate being taken after escaping the airport and near arrest?
(a) The Plaza Hotel.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) Her office.
(d) The Waldorf-Astoria.
12. Who does John request to see when he takes a room in a hotel in Chapter 35?
(a) The manager, Rosenthal.
(b) The librarian.
(c) The security chief.
(d) The housekeeperr.
13. Whom does Kate finally meet at a going away party for her and John in Chapter 31?
(a) Liam Griffith, the FBI agent who investigated Flight 800.
(b) Paul, John's brother.
(c) Robin, John's ex-wife.
(d) Stein, John's supervisor.
14. What story does John convince a police sergeant to give the husband of his suspect in Chapter 43?
(a) That his wife is a suspect in a shoplifting crime.
(b) That there is a prowler in the area.
(c) That his wife is a suspect in a murder.
(d) That there is a rapist in the area.
15. Where is Kate returning to New York from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
2. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
3. What item does the maid tell John was once in all the rooms at Bayview, but which John did not see on his visit to the hotel?
4. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
5. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)