|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John ask if he was in on the cover-up regarding the videotape?
(a) Ted Nash.
(b) Jack Koenig.
(c) David Stein.
(d) Liam Griffith.
2. Who calls Jill and tells her to destroy her copy of the videotape?
(a) Bud Mitchell.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Mark Winslow.
3. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
(a) A library that includes video tapes.
(b) An gym.
(c) A massage therapist.
(d) A camera and camcorder rental.
4. What does Jill confess to being bored with?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her high-society life.
(d) Her lover, Bud.
5. Why does John attempt to borrow a book from the hotel library in Chapter 38?
(a) To meet the librarian.
(b) To see the process.
(c) To get a peek at the receipt book.
(d) To read a favorite book.
6. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
(a) Return it to the front desk.
(b) Leave it in the room.
(c) Give it to the concierge.
(d) Take it home with him.
7. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
(a) To ask him to bring in more reinforcements.
(b) To ask him to contact his superior.
(c) To ask him to leave.
(d) To ask him to escort them to the meeting the following morning.
8. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located in Pennsylvania.
(b) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(c) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
(d) It is located near the Pentagon.
9. What does John ask Jill to do with the tape in Chapter 47?
(a) Hide it in a safe.
(b) Give it to her husband.
(c) Make a copy for him.
(d) Give it to Jack Koenig.
10. Who does John describe as the referee in his description of the people he plans to invite to the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) Someone from the NTSB.
(b) Someone from the CIA.
(c) Someone from FBI headquarters.
(d) Someone from the Attorney General's office.
11. What happened to the building where the meeting regarding the videotape was planned to take place?
(a) It collapsed after a plane crashed into it.
(b) It fell in an earthquake.
(c) It caught on fire.
(d) It was quarantined for a suspected outbreak.
12. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
(a) Ted Nash.
(b) David Stein.
(c) Dom Fanelli.
(d) Jill Winslow.
13. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate saw her car crash.
(b) Kate saw her arrested.
(c) Kate sent her home.
(d) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
14. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
(a) He was expecting a woman.
(b) He is supposed to be dead.
(c) He is there to break his wedding vows.
(d) She is someone from his past.
15. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
(a) Bud Mitchell.
(b) Dom Fanelli.
(c) Jill's husband, Mark.
(d) Ted Nash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the maid from the Bayview Hotel tell John interviewed her the day after the crash of TWA Flight 800?
2. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
3. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
4. What does this mysterious person in Chapter 40 promise to tell John?
5. What movie does John ask JIll to get a copy of while she is out shopping in Chapter 49?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)