|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the maid suggest the couple did in the few hours after arriving at the hotel?
(a) Had sex.
(b) Swam in the hotel pool.
(c) Watched television.
(d) Ate dinner.
2. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
(a) That this person has witnessed a crime.
(b) That this person is a suspect in a crime.
(c) That this person is a battered person.
(d) That this person is in immenent danger.
3. To where is Kate being taken after escaping the airport and near arrest?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) The Waldorf-Astoria.
(c) Her office.
(d) The Plaza Hotel.
4. What warning does this mysterious person give to John in Chapter 40 that he has heard many times before?
(a) Stay away from Kate.
(b) Stay away from Flight 800.
(c) Stop committing infidelity.
(d) Watch his back with Koenig.
5. Who does John have breakfast with the morning of September 10?
(c) Ted Nash.
6. What information does Dom Fanelli give John in Chapter 38?
(a) That Ted Nash is still alive.
(b) That Koenig wants John fired.
(c) Where to find Jill Winslow.
(d) That Kate is coming home soon.
7. What threat is made against John during this phone call in Chapter 50?
(a) There is a 50-50 chance he will not arrive at the meeting.
(b) There is a twenty percent chance he will learn of an affair between Kate and Nash.
(c) There is a 100 percent chance he will lose his job.
(d) There is a 50 percent chance the videotape is a fake.
8. What explanation does John receive in Chapter 41 for the current location of the videotape taken by the lovers the night Flight 800 crashed?
(a) It was destroyed by the woman.
(b) It was erased by the woman.
(c) It was destroyed by the man.
(d) It was erased by the man.
9. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
(a) Give it to him.
(b) Put it in an anonymous locker at the bus station.
(c) Put it in a hotel safe.
(d) Give it to her husband.
10. Who else shows up to meet Kate's plane?
(a) Liam Griffith.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Jack Koenig.
11. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
(a) Jill, in the shower.
(b) Kate, asleep on the couch.
(c) Jack Koenig, with an arrest warrant.
(d) Dom Fanelli, with news of the survivors.
12. Why does John leave his car in a parking lot of SUNY in Chapter 48?
(a) To avoid car accidents.
(b) To keep it safe.
(c) To keep from using too much gas.
(d) To keep anyone from knowing where he is.
13. What test does John learn in Chapter 41 that the suspected lovers passed during the investigation of Flight 800?
(a) Drug testing.
(b) Vision testing.
(c) Lie detector.
(d) Gunshot residue.
14. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
(a) The plane crash.
(b) The videotape.
(c) The terrorist's identity.
(d) The relationship between Jill and Bud.
15. What time of the day is the meeting between John, Nash, and the others believed to be involved in the cover-up of the videotape.
(a) Early morning.
(c) Late morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the dates in which John returned to the United States and the date on which he scheduled the meeting regarding the videotape foreshadow disaster?
2. Who does the maid from the Bayview Hotel tell John interviewed her the day after the crash of TWA Flight 800?
3. What deal does Ted Nash want to make with John in regards to the videotape he now knows John has?
4. What does John see when the video reaches the part in which TWA Flight 800 crashes?
5. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)