|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does John discover on the receipt in Chapter 36?
(a) Bud Mitchell.
(b) Jill Winslow.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Kate Mayfield.
2. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate saw her car crash.
(b) Kate saw her arrested.
(c) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
(d) Kate sent her home.
3. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located in Pennsylvania.
(b) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(c) It is located near the Pentagon.
(d) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
4. Who does John request to see when he takes a room in a hotel in Chapter 35?
(a) The manager, Rosenthal.
(b) The librarian.
(c) The housekeeperr.
(d) The security chief.
5. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
(a) Hartford, Connecticut.
(b) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(c) Manhattan, New York.
(d) Old Brookville, New Jersey.
6. Who calls Jill and tells her to destroy her copy of the videotape?
(a) Bud Mitchell.
(b) Jack Koenig.
(c) Mark Winslow.
(d) Ted Nash.
7. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
(a) Give it to the concierge.
(b) Leave it in the room.
(c) Take it home with him.
(d) Return it to the front desk.
8. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
(a) Because she destroyed evidence.
(b) Because she copied over hotel property.
(c) Because she altered evidence.
(d) Because she withheld evidence in a federal investigation.
9. What is foreshadowing?
(a) Events in the past distorting the future.
(b) The story of a character's past and its impact on a plot's development.
(c) The attempt of hiding information.
(d) The suggestion of events that will happen in the future of a plot's development.
10. What movie does John ask JIll to get a copy of while she is out shopping in Chapter 49?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Toy Story.
(d) A Man and a Woman.
11. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
(a) The relationship between Jill and Bud.
(b) The plane crash.
(c) The terrorist's identity.
(d) The videotape.
12. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
(a) Put it in an anonymous locker at the bus station.
(b) Put it in a hotel safe.
(c) Give it to her husband.
(d) Give it to him.
13. Where does Jill Winslow's husband go in Chapter 44 that allows John to speak to her alone?
(d) A child's sporting event.
14. Who does John ask if he was in on the cover-up regarding the videotape?
(a) Liam Griffith.
(b) David Stein.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Jack Koenig.
15. For what reason do they use this number of cars to transport them to the meeting?
(a) To distract their enemies.
(b) To save gas.
(d) To have room for all the cops protecting them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
2. To where does John go in Chapter 42 after arriving in the city he has chosen to visit?
3. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
4. What does John learn about the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800 in Chapter 41?
5. What does Jill eventually confess she did with the rented video tape of A MAN AND A WOMAN?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)