|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What test does John learn in Chapter 41 that the suspected lovers passed during the investigation of Flight 800?
(a) Lie detector.
(b) Drug testing.
(c) Gunshot residue.
(d) Vision testing.
2. Who does the maid from the Bayview Hotel tell John interviewed her the day after the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) Kate and Ted Nash.
(b) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
(c) Jack Koenig and Kate.
(d) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
3. Who from the FBI does Jill Winslow tell John she has already spoken with in Chapter 45?
(a) Jack Koenig and Kate Mayfield.
(b) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
(c) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
(d) Ted Nash and Kate Mayfield.
4. What warning does this mysterious person give to John in Chapter 40 that he has heard many times before?
(a) Stop committing infidelity.
(b) Stay away from Flight 800.
(c) Watch his back with Koenig.
(d) Stay away from Kate.
5. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
(a) David Stein and the ATTF.
(b) A kind security guard.
(c) A CIA escort.
(d) Dom Fanelli and his NYPD buddies.
6. What time of the day is the meeting between John, Nash, and the others believed to be involved in the cover-up of the videotape.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late morning.
7. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
(a) David Stein.
(b) Bud Mitchell.
(c) Mark Winslow.
(d) Jack Koenig.
8. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
(a) Leave it in the room.
(b) Take it home with him.
(c) Give it to the concierge.
(d) Return it to the front desk.
9. What room does John request when he arrives at the hotel?
(a) Room 203.
(b) Room 503.
(c) Room 103.
(d) Room 302.
10. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
(a) By saying the rapist has been in the area.
(b) By saying he needs to watch for suspicious behavior.
(c) By saying he needs to protect the witness.
(d) By saying the prowler might show up at the house.
11. Why does John wait more than an hour on Cupsogue Beach County Park in Chapter 39?
(a) To meet his sister.
(b) To meet a lover.
(c) To experience what the suspected lovers experienced the night of the crash.
(d) To meet his mysterious caller.
12. Why does John rent a car and drive to Philadelphia at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) To inteview Roxanne Scarangello.
(b) To follow a lead on the Khalil case.
(c) To find Kate.
(d) To visit an old friend.
13. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) FBI Headquarters.
(b) Unknown caller.
(c) Anonymous caller.
(d) Private caller.
14. Who else shows up to meet Kate's plane?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) The CIA.
(d) Liam Griffith.
15. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) It is in the same restaurant where John proposed to Kate.
(b) It is on a military base.
(c) It is in the North Tower, a target of the September 11 attacks.
(d) It is in a restricted building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does John discover on the receipt in Chapter 36?
2. Where do John and the hotel employee find the receipt he has requested?
3. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
4. What is foreshadowing?
5. What does John do in Chapter 42 after his meeting on the beach?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)