|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does John go in Chapter 42 after arriving in the city he has chosen to visit?
(a) The hoome of a suspect.
(b) The police department.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A rented hotel room.
2. What does Dom Fanelli tell John when he calls him from a bar in Chapter 32?
(a) That Kate has returned home.
(b) Where to find Roxanne Scarangello.
(c) That John O'Neill has taken over FBI security at the World Trade Center.
(d) To stay away from the Flight 800 investigation.
3. What test does John learn in Chapter 41 that the suspected lovers passed during the investigation of Flight 800?
(a) Drug testing.
(b) Gunshot residue.
(c) Lie detector.
(d) Vision testing.
4. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
(a) Jack Koenig, with an arrest warrant.
(b) Dom Fanelli, with news of the survivors.
(c) Kate, asleep on the couch.
(d) Jill, in the shower.
5. To where is Kate being taken after escaping the airport and near arrest?
(a) The Plaza Hotel.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) The Waldorf-Astoria.
(d) Her office.
6. What item does the maid tell John was once in all the rooms at Bayview, but which John did not see on his visit to the hotel?
(b) DVD player.
7. What odd phone call does John receive in his hotel room in Chapter 38?
(a) A man claiming to be Kate's lover.
(b) A woman claiming to know about the videotape.
(c) A man claiming to be Ted Nash.
(d) A woman claiming to be his sister.
8. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
(a) Give it to him.
(b) Give it to her husband.
(c) Put it in an anonymous locker at the bus station.
(d) Put it in a hotel safe.
9. What does this mysterious person in Chapter 40 promise to tell John?
(a) The truth about FBI corruption.
(b) The whereabouts of the suspected lovers.
(c) The truth about Kate.
(d) The truth about Flight 800.
10. What movie does John ask JIll to get a copy of while she is out shopping in Chapter 49?
(a) Toy Story.
(b) A Man and a Woman.
(d) Independence Day.
11. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
(a) David Stein and the ATTF.
(b) A kind security guard.
(c) Dom Fanelli and his NYPD buddies.
(d) A CIA escort.
12. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
(a) Old Brookville, New Jersey.
(b) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(c) Manhattan, New York.
(d) Hartford, Connecticut.
13. What deal does Ted Nash want to make with John in regards to the videotape he now knows John has?
(a) To send it to the press.
(b) To not tell his boss he was involved in the coverup.
(c) To not tell his boss he is alive.
(d) To keep it secret.
14. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(b) Ted Nash.
15. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Bud Mitchell.
(c) David Stein.
(d) Mark Winslow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John attempt to borrow a book from the hotel library in Chapter 38?
2. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
3. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
4. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
5. How does John react when Kate arrives in Chapter 52?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)