|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of the day is the meeting between John, Nash, and the others believed to be involved in the cover-up of the videotape.
(a) Early morning.
(d) Late morning.
2. What deal does Ted Nash want to make with John in regards to the videotape he now knows John has?
(a) To not tell his boss he was involved in the coverup.
(b) To not tell his boss he is alive.
(c) To send it to the press.
(d) To keep it secret.
3. What story does John convince a police sergeant to give the husband of his suspect in Chapter 43?
(a) That his wife is a suspect in a murder.
(b) That there is a rapist in the area.
(c) That his wife is a suspect in a shoplifting crime.
(d) That there is a prowler in the area.
4. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(c) Dom Fanelli.
5. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
(a) That this person is in immenent danger.
(b) That this person is a battered person.
(c) That this person has witnessed a crime.
(d) That this person is a suspect in a crime.
6. What odd phone call does John receive in his hotel room in Chapter 38?
(a) A woman claiming to know about the videotape.
(b) A woman claiming to be his sister.
(c) A man claiming to be Kate's lover.
(d) A man claiming to be Ted Nash.
7. Why did the FBI tell the maid she should quit her job at the Bayview Hotel the day after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She has no work visa.
(b) She might be a crutial witness in the case.
(c) She might face federal prosecution.
(d) She might be barraged by the press.
8. What threat is made against John during this phone call in Chapter 50?
(a) There is a 50 percent chance the videotape is a fake.
(b) There is a 50-50 chance he will not arrive at the meeting.
(c) There is a twenty percent chance he will learn of an affair between Kate and Nash.
(d) There is a 100 percent chance he will lose his job.
9. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) Unknown caller.
(b) FBI Headquarters.
(c) Private caller.
(d) Anonymous caller.
10. Who does John have breakfast with the morning of September 10?
(d) Ted Nash.
11. Why does John leave his car in a parking lot of SUNY in Chapter 48?
(a) To keep it safe.
(b) To keep from using too much gas.
(c) To avoid car accidents.
(d) To keep anyone from knowing where he is.
12. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
(a) Ted Nash in police custody.
(b) The press.
(c) An approaching airplane.
(d) Kate in police custody.
13. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
(a) The Ritz Carlton.
(b) The Plaza.
(c) The Bayview.
(d) The Waldorf-Astoria.
14. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
(a) A library that includes video tapes.
(b) An gym.
(c) A camera and camcorder rental.
(d) A massage therapist.
15. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
(a) David Stein and the ATTF.
(b) A kind security guard.
(c) A CIA escort.
(d) Dom Fanelli and his NYPD buddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
2. Who else shows up to meet Kate's plane?
3. Why does John rent a car and drive to Philadelphia at the end of Chapter 32?
4. What does Dom Fanelli tell John when he calls him from a bar in Chapter 32?
5. What room does John request when he arrives at the hotel?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)