|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason do they use this number of cars to transport them to the meeting?
(a) To distract their enemies.
(c) To save gas.
(d) To have room for all the cops protecting them.
2. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
(a) A library that includes video tapes.
(b) An gym.
(c) A massage therapist.
(d) A camera and camcorder rental.
3. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) FBI Headquarters.
(b) Unknown caller.
(c) Anonymous caller.
(d) Private caller.
4. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
(a) The Bayview.
(b) The Waldorf-Astoria.
(c) The Ritz Carlton.
(d) The Plaza.
5. What name does John discover on the receipt in Chapter 36?
(a) Bud Mitchell.
(b) Kate Mayfield.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Jill Winslow.
6. Where do John and the hotel employee find the receipt he has requested?
(a) In tax records.
(b) In the office's records.
(c) In the receipt book.
(d) In the restaurant's records.
7. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
(a) He suspects she knows who the lovers are.
(b) He believes she is half of the suspected lovers at the Bayview Hotel.
(c) He suspects she can prove Koenig is corrupt.
(d) He suspects she knows who the terrorist responsible for Flight 800 is.
8. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(b) It is located near the Pentagon.
(c) It is located in Pennsylvania.
(d) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
9. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
(a) Jill, in the shower.
(b) Dom Fanelli, with news of the survivors.
(c) Kate, asleep on the couch.
(d) Jack Koenig, with an arrest warrant.
10. How did the dates in which John returned to the United States and the date on which he scheduled the meeting regarding the videotape foreshadow disaster?
(a) Because the reader already knew of the events of September 11, 2001.
(b) Because the reader already knew no videotape was ever discovered.
(c) Because the dates are bad luck days.
(d) Because they fell on his birthday, suggesting a hesitation in the investigation.
11. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate sent her home.
(b) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
(c) Kate saw her car crash.
(d) Kate saw her arrested.
12. Who does the maid from the Bayview Hotel tell John interviewed her the day after the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
(b) Jack Koenig and Kate.
(c) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
(d) Kate and Ted Nash.
13. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
(a) To ask him to escort them to the meeting the following morning.
(b) To ask him to leave.
(c) To ask him to contact his superior.
(d) To ask him to bring in more reinforcements.
14. Why did the FBI tell the maid she should quit her job at the Bayview Hotel the day after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She might be a crutial witness in the case.
(b) She might face federal prosecution.
(c) She might be barraged by the press.
(d) She has no work visa.
15. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) David Stein.
(c) Bud Mitchell.
(d) Mark Winslow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat is made against John during this phone call in Chapter 50?
2. What question about the possible rental of a video tape by the suspected lovers bothers John in Chapter 37?
3. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
4. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
5. What does John see when the video reaches the part in which TWA Flight 800 crashes?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)