Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
(a) He is supposed to be dead.
(b) He was expecting a woman.
(c) She is someone from his past.
(d) He is there to break his wedding vows.
2. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
(a) The Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
(b) The Bayview Hotel.
(c) The Holiday Inn.
(d) The Plaza Hotel.
3. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
(a) Take it home with him.
(b) Give it to the concierge.
(c) Return it to the front desk.
(d) Leave it in the room.
4. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
(a) A massage therapist.
(b) A camera and camcorder rental.
(c) An gym.
(d) A library that includes video tapes.
5. What does Dom Fanelli tell John when he calls him from a bar in Chapter 32?
(a) That Kate has returned home.
(b) Where to find Roxanne Scarangello.
(c) To stay away from the Flight 800 investigation.
(d) That John O'Neill has taken over FBI security at the World Trade Center.
6. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) David Stein.
(c) Bud Mitchell.
(d) Mark Winslow.
7. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) Unknown caller.
(b) Anonymous caller.
(c) Private caller.
(d) FBI Headquarters.
8. What does John do in Chapter 42 after his meeting on the beach?
(a) Call Dom Fanelli for backup.
(b) Checks out of the hotel.
(c) Returns to the hotel to investigate his mysterious witnesses claims.
(d) Returns home.
9. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
(a) An approaching airplane.
(b) The press.
(c) Ted Nash in police custody.
(d) Kate in police custody.
10. Where is Kate returning to New York from?
11. How did the dates in which John returned to the United States and the date on which he scheduled the meeting regarding the videotape foreshadow disaster?
(a) Because the reader already knew no videotape was ever discovered.
(b) Because the dates are bad luck days.
(c) Because they fell on his birthday, suggesting a hesitation in the investigation.
(d) Because the reader already knew of the events of September 11, 2001.
12. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(d) Jack Koenig.
13. What information does Dom Fanelli give John in Chapter 38?
(a) That Kate is coming home soon.
(b) That Koenig wants John fired.
(c) Where to find Jill Winslow.
(d) That Ted Nash is still alive.
14. What explanation does John receive in Chapter 41 for the current location of the videotape taken by the lovers the night Flight 800 crashed?
(a) It was erased by the man.
(b) It was destroyed by the woman.
(c) It was erased by the woman.
(d) It was destroyed by the man.
15. Why does John wait more than an hour on Cupsogue Beach County Park in Chapter 39?
(a) To meet his mysterious caller.
(b) To meet a lover.
(c) To meet his sister.
(d) To experience what the suspected lovers experienced the night of the crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat is made against John during this phone call in Chapter 50?
2. What does John tell Kate about the investigation?
3. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
4. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
5. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)