|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John get into an argument with at the going away party in Chapter 31?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(c) Liam Griffith.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
2. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
(a) A CIA escort.
(b) A kind security guard.
(c) Dom Fanelli and his NYPD buddies.
(d) David Stein and the ATTF.
3. Where do John and Kate spend their final night together before both go to their respective assignments overseas?
(a) At home.
(b) Ecco bar.
(c) Windows on the World Restaurant.
(d) In the office.
4. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
(a) The terrorist's identity.
(b) The relationship between Jill and Bud.
(c) The videotape.
(d) The plane crash.
5. How many cars do John and Kate take to the meeting the following morning?
6. What movie does John ask JIll to get a copy of while she is out shopping in Chapter 49?
(b) Toy Story.
(c) A Man and a Woman.
(d) Independence Day.
7. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
(a) Because she destroyed evidence.
(b) Because she altered evidence.
(c) Because she copied over hotel property.
(d) Because she withheld evidence in a federal investigation.
8. Why does John rent a car and drive to Philadelphia at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) To follow a lead on the Khalil case.
(b) To visit an old friend.
(c) To inteview Roxanne Scarangello.
(d) To find Kate.
9. Why does John leave his car in a parking lot of SUNY in Chapter 48?
(a) To keep it safe.
(b) To keep anyone from knowing where he is.
(c) To avoid car accidents.
(d) To keep from using too much gas.
10. Who from the FBI does Jill Winslow tell John she has already spoken with in Chapter 45?
(a) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
(b) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
(c) Ted Nash and Kate Mayfield.
(d) Jack Koenig and Kate Mayfield.
11. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
(a) That this person is in immenent danger.
(b) That this person has witnessed a crime.
(c) That this person is a suspect in a crime.
(d) That this person is a battered person.
12. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
(a) He is there to break his wedding vows.
(b) He was expecting a woman.
(c) He is supposed to be dead.
(d) She is someone from his past.
13. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
(a) By saying he needs to watch for suspicious behavior.
(b) By saying he needs to protect the witness.
(c) By saying the rapist has been in the area.
(d) By saying the prowler might show up at the house.
14. How long did John look for Kate before returning to his apartment?
(a) Several days.
(b) An hour or two.
(c) All night.
15. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate saw her arrested.
(b) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
(c) Kate sent her home.
(d) Kate saw her car crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John react when Kate arrives in Chapter 52?
2. What receipt does John ask to be shown in Chapter 36?
3. What does John see when the video reaches the part in which TWA Flight 800 crashes?
4. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
5. How long does John wait after the husband has left before ringing Jill Winslow's doorbell in Chapter 44?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)