|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John wait more than an hour on Cupsogue Beach County Park in Chapter 39?
(a) To meet his mysterious caller.
(b) To meet a lover.
(c) To experience what the suspected lovers experienced the night of the crash.
(d) To meet his sister.
2. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The CIA.
(c) Two cops.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
3. How long did John look for Kate before returning to his apartment?
(a) All night.
(b) Several days.
(c) An hour or two.
4. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located near the Pentagon.
(b) It is located in Pennsylvania.
(c) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(d) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
5. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
(b) Jack Koenig.
(c) Dom Fanelli.
6. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
(a) If he had an affair with Kate.
(b) If she is his sister.
(c) If he is a corrupt federal agent.
(d) If she would be his lover.
7. Who comes out of hiding just as John is prepared to leave?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) A beautiful, mysterious woman.
(d) Ted Nash.
8. Who does John describe as the referee in his description of the people he plans to invite to the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) Someone from FBI headquarters.
(b) Someone from the CIA.
(c) Someone from the Attorney General's office.
(d) Someone from the NTSB.
9. For what reason do they use this number of cars to transport them to the meeting?
(a) To save gas.
(b) To have room for all the cops protecting them.
(c) To distract their enemies.
10. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
(a) Kate in police custody.
(b) The press.
(c) Ted Nash in police custody.
(d) An approaching airplane.
11. What happened to the building where the meeting regarding the videotape was planned to take place?
(a) It was quarantined for a suspected outbreak.
(b) It fell in an earthquake.
(c) It caught on fire.
(d) It collapsed after a plane crashed into it.
12. Who from the FBI does Jill Winslow tell John she has already spoken with in Chapter 45?
(a) Jack Koenig and Kate Mayfield.
(b) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
(c) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
(d) Ted Nash and Kate Mayfield.
13. What does Jill eventually confess she did with the rented video tape of A MAN AND A WOMAN?
(a) Jill added it to her personal videotape collection.
(b) Jill sold it to a friend.
(c) Jill lost it on the beach.
(d) Jill copied the tape of the plane crash over it.
14. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
(a) Put it in an anonymous locker at the bus station.
(b) Give it to him.
(c) Put it in a hotel safe.
(d) Give it to her husband.
15. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) It is in the North Tower, a target of the September 11 attacks.
(b) It is in a restricted building.
(c) It is on a military base.
(d) It is in the same restaurant where John proposed to Kate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the maid tell John she found in an ashtray when she cleaned Room 203?
2. Why does John leave his car in a parking lot of SUNY in Chapter 48?
3. What explanation does John receive in Chapter 41 for the current location of the videotape taken by the lovers the night Flight 800 crashed?
4. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
5. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)