|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dom Fanelli promise John he will be the following morning?
(a) With him, to escort him to the meeting.
(b) In the restaurant.
(c) With kate at the hotel.
(d) In the hospital.
2. What is significant about the date on which John returns from Yemen?
(a) It is four days before the September 11 attacks.
(b) It is his and Kate's wedding anniversary.
(c) It is the anniversary of the crash of TWA Flight 800.
(d) It is his birthday.
3. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
(a) A CIA escort.
(b) Dom Fanelli and his NYPD buddies.
(c) David Stein and the ATTF.
(d) A kind security guard.
4. What does Jill confess to being bored with?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her lover, Bud.
(d) Her high-society life.
5. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
(a) The Plaza.
(b) The Ritz Carlton.
(c) The Bayview.
(d) The Waldorf-Astoria.
6. Where do John and Kate spend their final night together before both go to their respective assignments overseas?
(a) Windows on the World Restaurant.
(b) At home.
(c) Ecco bar.
(d) In the office.
7. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
(a) The relationship between Jill and Bud.
(b) The terrorist's identity.
(c) The videotape.
(d) The plane crash.
8. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) FBI Headquarters.
(b) Unknown caller.
(c) Private caller.
(d) Anonymous caller.
9. Why is the appearance of this person in Chapter 39 a shock to John?
(a) He is there to break his wedding vows.
(b) She is someone from his past.
(c) He is supposed to be dead.
(d) He was expecting a woman.
10. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
(a) By saying the rapist has been in the area.
(b) By saying the prowler might show up at the house.
(c) By saying he needs to protect the witness.
(d) By saying he needs to watch for suspicious behavior.
11. To where is Kate being taken after escaping the airport and near arrest?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) The Plaza Hotel.
(c) Her office.
(d) The Waldorf-Astoria.
12. How many cars do John and Kate take to the meeting the following morning?
13. What receipt does John ask to be shown in Chapter 36?
(a) A receipt for a massage by the suspected lovers.
(b) A receipt for a meal eaten by new suspects.
(c) A receipt for a hotel room rented by a new suspect.
(d) A receipt for a video rental by the suspected lovers.
14. What does John tell Kate about the investigation?
(a) That he has given up.
(b) That he has decided no foul play took place.
(c) That Ted Nash is still alive.
(d) That he has found the lovers from the beach.
15. What item does the maid tell John was once in all the rooms at Bayview, but which John did not see on his visit to the hotel?
(a) DVD player.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jill Winslow's husband go in Chapter 44 that allows John to speak to her alone?
2. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
3. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
4. Who calls Jill and tells her to destroy her copy of the videotape?
5. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)