|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
(a) An gym.
(b) A massage therapist.
(c) A camera and camcorder rental.
(d) A library that includes video tapes.
2. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
(b) Jack Koenig.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
3. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
(a) He suspects she knows who the lovers are.
(b) He suspects she knows who the terrorist responsible for Flight 800 is.
(c) He suspects she can prove Koenig is corrupt.
(d) He believes she is half of the suspected lovers at the Bayview Hotel.
4. What happened to the building where the meeting regarding the videotape was planned to take place?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) It collapsed after a plane crashed into it.
(c) It fell in an earthquake.
(d) It was quarantined for a suspected outbreak.
5. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
(b) It is located in Pennsylvania.
(c) It is located near the Pentagon.
(d) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
6. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(d) Ted Nash.
7. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
(a) That this person is in immenent danger.
(b) That this person has witnessed a crime.
(c) That this person is a battered person.
(d) That this person is a suspect in a crime.
8. What name does John discover on the receipt in Chapter 36?
(a) Kate Mayfield.
(b) Bud Mitchell.
(c) Jill Winslow.
(d) Jack Koenig.
9. How does John convince the police sergeant to give him directions to the Winslow house in Chapter 43?
(a) By saying he needs to watch for suspicious behavior.
(b) By saying the prowler might show up at the house.
(c) By saying he needs to protect the witness.
(d) By saying the rapist has been in the area.
10. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) Unknown caller.
(b) FBI Headquarters.
(c) Private caller.
(d) Anonymous caller.
11. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
(a) Dom Fanelli and his NYPD buddies.
(b) A kind security guard.
(c) David Stein and the ATTF.
(d) A CIA escort.
12. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate saw her arrested.
(b) Kate saw her car crash.
(c) Kate sent her home.
(d) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
13. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
(a) David Stein.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Dom Fanelli.
(d) Jill Winslow.
14. Where does John go in Chapter 35 after interviewing a maid from the Bayview Hotel?
(a) The Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
(b) The Plaza Hotel.
(c) The Holiday Inn.
(d) The Bayview Hotel.
15. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
(a) Take it home with him.
(b) Leave it in the room.
(c) Give it to the concierge.
(d) Return it to the front desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
2. Where does Jill Winslow's husband go in Chapter 44 that allows John to speak to her alone?
3. Where is Kate returning to New York from?
4. What threat is made against John during this phone call in Chapter 50?
5. What question about the possible rental of a video tape by the suspected lovers bothers John in Chapter 37?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)