|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
(a) Take it home with him.
(b) Give it to the concierge.
(c) Leave it in the room.
(d) Return it to the front desk.
2. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
(a) If he is a corrupt federal agent.
(b) If she would be his lover.
(c) If he had an affair with Kate.
(d) If she is his sister.
3. Who comes out of hiding just as John is prepared to leave?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) A beautiful, mysterious woman.
4. Who does John get into an argument with at the going away party in Chapter 31?
(a) Liam Griffith.
(b) Jack Koenig.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
5. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(b) Ted Nash.
6. What does Dom Fanelli tell John when he calls him from a bar in Chapter 32?
(a) That John O'Neill has taken over FBI security at the World Trade Center.
(b) Where to find Roxanne Scarangello.
(c) That Kate has returned home.
(d) To stay away from the Flight 800 investigation.
7. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(b) It is located near the Pentagon.
(c) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
(d) It is located in Pennsylvania.
8. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) Two cops.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
9. What happened to the building where the meeting regarding the videotape was planned to take place?
(a) It fell in an earthquake.
(b) It collapsed after a plane crashed into it.
(c) It was quarantined for a suspected outbreak.
(d) It caught on fire.
10. What room does John request when he arrives at the hotel?
(a) Room 503.
(b) Room 302.
(c) Room 203.
(d) Room 103.
11. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
(b) Jack Koenig.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
12. What receipt does John ask to be shown in Chapter 36?
(a) A receipt for a video rental by the suspected lovers.
(b) A receipt for a massage by the suspected lovers.
(c) A receipt for a hotel room rented by a new suspect.
(d) A receipt for a meal eaten by new suspects.
13. How long did John look for Kate before returning to his apartment?
(a) An hour or two.
(c) Several days.
(d) All night.
14. What does the maid suggest the couple did in the few hours after arriving at the hotel?
(a) Watched television.
(b) Swam in the hotel pool.
(c) Had sex.
(d) Ate dinner.
15. What odd phone call does John receive in his hotel room in Chapter 38?
(a) A man claiming to be Ted Nash.
(b) A woman claiming to be his sister.
(c) A woman claiming to know about the videotape.
(d) A man claiming to be Kate's lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John describe as the referee in his description of the people he plans to invite to the meeting regarding the videotape?
2. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
3. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
4. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
5. How does John react after watching the video tape of the plane crash?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)