|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did John look for Kate before returning to his apartment?
(a) Several days.
(c) An hour or two.
(d) All night.
2. How did the dates in which John returned to the United States and the date on which he scheduled the meeting regarding the videotape foreshadow disaster?
(a) Because the reader already knew no videotape was ever discovered.
(b) Because the dates are bad luck days.
(c) Because they fell on his birthday, suggesting a hesitation in the investigation.
(d) Because the reader already knew of the events of September 11, 2001.
3. Why does John speak to an officer named Alvarez?
(a) To ask him to bring in more reinforcements.
(b) To ask him to escort them to the meeting the following morning.
(c) To ask him to contact his superior.
(d) To ask him to leave.
4. Who does John request to see when he takes a room in a hotel in Chapter 35?
(a) The librarian.
(b) The housekeeperr.
(c) The manager, Rosenthal.
(d) The security chief.
5. What does this mysterious person in Chapter 40 promise to tell John?
(a) The whereabouts of the suspected lovers.
(b) The truth about Flight 800.
(c) The truth about Kate.
(d) The truth about FBI corruption.
6. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
(a) Give it to her husband.
(b) Give it to him.
(c) Put it in an anonymous locker at the bus station.
(d) Put it in a hotel safe.
7. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
(a) Because she copied over hotel property.
(b) Because she destroyed evidence.
(c) Because she withheld evidence in a federal investigation.
(d) Because she altered evidence.
8. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
(a) That this person has witnessed a crime.
(b) That this person is a battered person.
(c) That this person is a suspect in a crime.
(d) That this person is in immenent danger.
9. Why does John rent a car and drive to Philadelphia at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) To find Kate.
(b) To inteview Roxanne Scarangello.
(c) To visit an old friend.
(d) To follow a lead on the Khalil case.
10. To where is Kate being taken after escaping the airport and near arrest?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) The Plaza Hotel.
(c) Her office.
(d) The Waldorf-Astoria.
11. Why did the FBI tell the maid she should quit her job at the Bayview Hotel the day after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She has no work visa.
(b) She might be barraged by the press.
(c) She might be a crutial witness in the case.
(d) She might face federal prosecution.
12. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
(a) Mark Winslow.
(b) Jack Koenig.
(c) David Stein.
(d) Bud Mitchell.
13. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(b) Ted Nash.
14. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(b) It is located near the Pentagon.
(c) It is located in Pennsylvania.
(d) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
15. Where does Dom Fanelli promise John he will be the following morning?
(a) In the restaurant.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) With kate at the hotel.
(d) With him, to escort him to the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about the possible rental of a video tape by the suspected lovers bothers John in Chapter 37?
2. What information does Dom Fanelli give John in Chapter 38?
3. Who does Jill report to John has been trying to reach her by phone in Chapter 49?
4. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
5. Where do John and the hotel employee find the receipt he has requested?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)