|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who from the FBI does Jill Winslow tell John she has already spoken with in Chapter 45?
(a) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
(b) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
(c) Ted Nash and Kate Mayfield.
(d) Jack Koenig and Kate Mayfield.
2. What information does Dom Fanelli give John in Chapter 38?
(a) That Ted Nash is still alive.
(b) That Koenig wants John fired.
(c) Where to find Jill Winslow.
(d) That Kate is coming home soon.
3. Why does John wait more than an hour on Cupsogue Beach County Park in Chapter 39?
(a) To meet a lover.
(b) To meet his sister.
(c) To experience what the suspected lovers experienced the night of the crash.
(d) To meet his mysterious caller.
4. How many cars do John and Kate take to the meeting the following morning?
5. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
(a) If she is his sister.
(b) If he had an affair with Kate.
(c) If he is a corrupt federal agent.
(d) If she would be his lover.
6. Who does Jill report to John has been trying to reach her by phone in Chapter 49?
(a) Kate Mayfield.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Ted Nash.
7. Why did the FBI tell the maid she should quit her job at the Bayview Hotel the day after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She has no work visa.
(b) She might be a crutial witness in the case.
(c) She might face federal prosecution.
(d) She might be barraged by the press.
8. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
(a) Give it to her husband.
(b) Put it in an anonymous locker at the bus station.
(c) Put it in a hotel safe.
(d) Give it to him.
9. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
(a) He suspects she knows who the terrorist responsible for Flight 800 is.
(b) He believes she is half of the suspected lovers at the Bayview Hotel.
(c) He suspects she knows who the lovers are.
(d) He suspects she can prove Koenig is corrupt.
10. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) David Stein.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Jill Winslow.
11. Why does John leave his car in a parking lot of SUNY in Chapter 48?
(a) To keep anyone from knowing where he is.
(b) To keep it safe.
(c) To avoid car accidents.
(d) To keep from using too much gas.
12. What story does John convince a police sergeant to give the husband of his suspect in Chapter 43?
(a) That his wife is a suspect in a murder.
(b) That there is a rapist in the area.
(c) That his wife is a suspect in a shoplifting crime.
(d) That there is a prowler in the area.
13. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate saw her car crash.
(b) Kate saw her arrested.
(c) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
(d) Kate sent her home.
14. What does the maid tell John she found in an ashtray when she cleaned Room 203?
(a) A handful of change.
(b) A cigarette with lipstick on it.
(c) A receipt for a rented camcorder.
(d) A BAND-AID without blood on it.
15. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
(a) The relationship between Jill and Bud.
(b) The plane crash.
(c) The terrorist's identity.
(d) The videotape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
2. What does John see when he arrives at the North Tower of the World Trade Center?
3. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
4. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
5. What test does John learn in Chapter 41 that the suspected lovers passed during the investigation of Flight 800?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)