|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do John and the hotel employee find the receipt he has requested?
(a) In tax records.
(b) In the restaurant's records.
(c) In the office's records.
(d) In the receipt book.
2. What does John ask Jill to do with the tape in Chapter 47?
(a) Give it to her husband.
(b) Hide it in a safe.
(c) Make a copy for him.
(d) Give it to Jack Koenig.
3. Why does John rent a car and drive to Philadelphia at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) To find Kate.
(b) To follow a lead on the Khalil case.
(c) To visit an old friend.
(d) To inteview Roxanne Scarangello.
4. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
(a) Take it home with him.
(b) Return it to the front desk.
(c) Leave it in the room.
(d) Give it to the concierge.
5. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) Two cops.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
6. What does John later learn happened to Jill?
(a) Kate saw her arrested.
(b) Kate put her on the elevator moments before the plane crash.
(c) Kate sent her home.
(d) Kate saw her car crash.
7. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
(a) He suspects she can prove Koenig is corrupt.
(b) He suspects she knows who the terrorist responsible for Flight 800 is.
(c) He suspects she knows who the lovers are.
(d) He believes she is half of the suspected lovers at the Bayview Hotel.
8. To what city does John decide to visit in Chapter 42?
(a) Manhattan, New York.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut.
(c) Old Brookville, New Jersey.
(d) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
9. What is significant about the date on which John returns from Yemen?
(a) It is his birthday.
(b) It is his and Kate's wedding anniversary.
(c) It is the anniversary of the crash of TWA Flight 800.
(d) It is four days before the September 11 attacks.
10. What does John advise Jill to do with her copy of the videotape?
(a) Put it in an anonymous locker at the bus station.
(b) Give it to him.
(c) Give it to her husband.
(d) Put it in a hotel safe.
11. What story does John use in Chapter 43 to get close to a suspect?
(a) That this person is in immenent danger.
(b) That this person is a battered person.
(c) That this person is a suspect in a crime.
(d) That this person has witnessed a crime.
12. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
(a) Kate, asleep on the couch.
(b) Jack Koenig, with an arrest warrant.
(c) Jill, in the shower.
(d) Dom Fanelli, with news of the survivors.
13. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
(a) Leave the room for the night.
(b) Give him time alone with her.
(c) Tell Kate all about the investigation.
(d) Be friendly.
14. What time of the day is the meeting between John, Nash, and the others believed to be involved in the cover-up of the videotape.
(a) Early morning.
(d) Late morning.
15. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
(a) If she is his sister.
(b) If she would be his lover.
(c) If he had an affair with Kate.
(d) If he is a corrupt federal agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kate get out of the airport without being arrested?
2. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
3. What movie does John ask JIll to get a copy of while she is out shopping in Chapter 49?
4. What does John describe as the game ball in his description of the meeting to take place on September 11?
5. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)