|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John see when the video reaches the part in which TWA Flight 800 crashes?
(a) John clearly sees the fuel tank exploding.
(b) John clearly sees an orange light rising toward the plane.
(c) John clearly sees falling debris.
(d) John clearly sees a methane bubble rising out of the ocean.
2. Why does John rent a car and drive to Philadelphia at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) To visit an old friend.
(b) To inteview Roxanne Scarangello.
(c) To find Kate.
(d) To follow a lead on the Khalil case.
3. Why did the FBI tell the maid she should quit her job at the Bayview Hotel the day after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She might face federal prosecution.
(b) She has no work visa.
(c) She might be barraged by the press.
(d) She might be a crutial witness in the case.
4. What does John do in Chapter 42 after his meeting on the beach?
(a) Checks out of the hotel.
(b) Returns home.
(c) Returns to the hotel to investigate his mysterious witnesses claims.
(d) Call Dom Fanelli for backup.
5. Who does John request to see when he takes a room in a hotel in Chapter 35?
(a) The librarian.
(b) The housekeeperr.
(c) The security chief.
(d) The manager, Rosenthal.
6. What does John tell Kate about the investigation?
(a) That Ted Nash is still alive.
(b) That he has decided no foul play took place.
(c) That he has given up.
(d) That he has found the lovers from the beach.
7. Who does John describe as the referee in his description of the people he plans to invite to the meeting regarding the videotape?
(a) Someone from FBI headquarters.
(b) Someone from the CIA.
(c) Someone from the NTSB.
(d) Someone from the Attorney General's office.
8. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
(a) Be friendly.
(b) Leave the room for the night.
(c) Give him time alone with her.
(d) Tell Kate all about the investigation.
9. What does Jill confess to being bored with?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her high-society life.
(c) Her lover, Bud.
(d) Her marriage.
10. What story does John convince a police sergeant to give the husband of his suspect in Chapter 43?
(a) That there is a rapist in the area.
(b) That his wife is a suspect in a shoplifting crime.
(c) That there is a prowler in the area.
(d) That his wife is a suspect in a murder.
11. How does John react after watching the video tape of the plane crash?
(a) He needs to slow it down and magnify it.
(b) He needs a stiff drink.
(c) He does not believe it.
(d) He accuses Jill of terrorism.
12. What is written on the caller ID when the phone rings at Jill's house several times while John waits for Jill to pack?
(a) FBI Headquarters.
(b) Unknown caller.
(c) Private caller.
(d) Anonymous caller.
13. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
(a) If she would be his lover.
(b) If he had an affair with Kate.
(c) If she is his sister.
(d) If he is a corrupt federal agent.
14. Who does John call to find his new suspect in Chapter 37?
(b) Dom Fanelli.
(d) Jack Koenig.
15. What information does Dom Fanelli give John in Chapter 38?
(a) Where to find Jill Winslow.
(b) That Ted Nash is still alive.
(c) That Koenig wants John fired.
(d) That Kate is coming home soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel does Jill suggest they take a room in?
2. Where do John and the hotel employee find the receipt he has requested?
3. What is significant about the location of the meeting regarding the videotape?
4. Who from the FBI does Jill Winslow tell John she has already spoken with in Chapter 45?
5. How does John react when Kate arrives in Chapter 52?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)