|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the maid suggest the couple did in the few hours after arriving at the hotel?
(a) Ate dinner.
(b) Swam in the hotel pool.
(c) Watched television.
(d) Had sex.
2. How long did John look for Kate before returning to his apartment?
(a) All night.
(c) Several days.
(d) An hour or two.
3. What does Jill tell John in Chapter 45 happened to the original video tape taken the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She erased it.
(b) Bud destroyed it.
(c) The FBI destroyed it.
(d) Bud erased it.
4. What question does John want to ask this person on the beach in Chapter 40 that he chooses not to verbalize?
(a) If he is a corrupt federal agent.
(b) If he had an affair with Kate.
(c) If she is his sister.
(d) If she would be his lover.
5. Why does John want to speak with Jill Winslow?
(a) He suspects she can prove Koenig is corrupt.
(b) He suspects she knows who the terrorist responsible for Flight 800 is.
(c) He suspects she knows who the lovers are.
(d) He believes she is half of the suspected lovers at the Bayview Hotel.
6. What does the librarian in Chapter 38 tell John he can do with his borrowed book if he does not need a receipt?
(a) Return it to the front desk.
(b) Leave it in the room.
(c) Give it to the concierge.
(d) Take it home with him.
7. What warning does this mysterious person give to John in Chapter 40 that he has heard many times before?
(a) Stay away from Kate.
(b) Watch his back with Koenig.
(c) Stay away from Flight 800.
(d) Stop committing infidelity.
8. What story does John convince a police sergeant to give the husband of his suspect in Chapter 43?
(a) That there is a prowler in the area.
(b) That there is a rapist in the area.
(c) That his wife is a suspect in a shoplifting crime.
(d) That his wife is a suspect in a murder.
9. Who from the FBI does Jill Winslow tell John she has already spoken with in Chapter 45?
(a) Ted Nash and Kate Mayfield.
(b) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
(c) Jack Koenig and Kate Mayfield.
(d) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
10. What does the maid tell John she found in an ashtray when she cleaned Room 203?
(a) A BAND-AID without blood on it.
(b) A receipt for a rented camcorder.
(c) A cigarette with lipstick on it.
(d) A handful of change.
11. What odd phone call does John receive in his hotel room in Chapter 38?
(a) A woman claiming to know about the videotape.
(b) A man claiming to be Ted Nash.
(c) A man claiming to be Kate's lover.
(d) A woman claiming to be his sister.
12. What item does the maid tell John was once in all the rooms at Bayview, but which John did not see on his visit to the hotel?
(d) DVD player.
13. Why is Jill afraid she will go to jail after showing John the videotape?
(a) Because she altered evidence.
(b) Because she copied over hotel property.
(c) Because she withheld evidence in a federal investigation.
(d) Because she destroyed evidence.
14. Why did the FBI tell the maid she should quit her job at the Bayview Hotel the day after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She has no work visa.
(b) She might face federal prosecution.
(c) She might be barraged by the press.
(d) She might be a crutial witness in the case.
15. What does John find when he returns to his apartment?
(a) Dom Fanelli, with news of the survivors.
(b) Jack Koenig, with an arrest warrant.
(c) Kate, asleep on the couch.
(d) Jill, in the shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Kate finally meet at a going away party for her and John in Chapter 31?
2. What is foreshadowing?
3. Where do John and the hotel employee find the receipt he has requested?
4. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
5. Who does the maid from the Bayview Hotel tell John interviewed her the day after the crash of TWA Flight 800?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)