|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the date on which John returns from Yemen?
(a) It is his and Kate's wedding anniversary.
(b) It is four days before the September 11 attacks.
(c) It is his birthday.
(d) It is the anniversary of the crash of TWA Flight 800.
2. Which of the following people is not invited to the meeting the following morning, as John explains to Jill in Chapter 50?
(a) Bud Mitchell.
(b) Mark Winslow.
(c) David Stein.
(d) Jack Koenig.
3. How long did John look for Kate before returning to his apartment?
(a) An hour or two.
(c) All night.
(d) Several days.
4. What does Jill promise to do for John when Kate arrives?
(a) Give him time alone with her.
(b) Leave the room for the night.
(c) Tell Kate all about the investigation.
(d) Be friendly.
5. What item does the maid tell John was once in all the rooms at Bayview, but which John did not see on his visit to the hotel?
(a) DVD player.
6. What information does Dom Fanelli give John in Chapter 38?
(a) That Koenig wants John fired.
(b) That Kate is coming home soon.
(c) Where to find Jill Winslow.
(d) That Ted Nash is still alive.
7. Whom does Kate finally meet at a going away party for her and John in Chapter 31?
(a) Paul, John's brother.
(b) Stein, John's supervisor.
(c) Liam Griffith, the FBI agent who investigated Flight 800.
(d) Robin, John's ex-wife.
8. What test does John learn in Chapter 41 that the suspected lovers passed during the investigation of Flight 800?
(a) Lie detector.
(b) Vision testing.
(c) Drug testing.
(d) Gunshot residue.
9. Who arrives last at the meeting regarding the videotape?
(b) Ted Nash.
10. To where is Kate being taken after escaping the airport and near arrest?
(a) The Waldorf-Astoria.
(b) The Plaza Hotel.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) Her office.
11. How did the dates in which John returned to the United States and the date on which he scheduled the meeting regarding the videotape foreshadow disaster?
(a) Because they fell on his birthday, suggesting a hesitation in the investigation.
(b) Because the reader already knew of the events of September 11, 2001.
(c) Because the dates are bad luck days.
(d) Because the reader already knew no videotape was ever discovered.
12. Who does the maid from the Bayview Hotel tell John interviewed her the day after the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) Liam Griffith and Ted Nash.
(b) Liam Griffith and Jack Koenig.
(c) Kate and Ted Nash.
(d) Jack Koenig and Kate.
13. Who comes out of hiding just as John is prepared to leave?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Ted Nash.
(d) A beautiful, mysterious woman.
14. What rental service does the maid tell John that the hotel provides to their guests?
(a) A camera and camcorder rental.
(b) An gym.
(c) A massage therapist.
(d) A library that includes video tapes.
15. What is significant about the location of the restaurant where John wants to meet with Nash the following morning?
(a) It is located near the Pentagon.
(b) It is located in the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(c) It is located on Rodeo Drive.
(d) It is located in Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John ask Jill to do with the tape in Chapter 47?
2. Who does John set up a meeting with the following day, September 11, at the Windows on the World restaurant?
3. Who does John send to meet Kate at the airport?
4. What warning does this mysterious person give to John in Chapter 40 that he has heard many times before?
5. Who does Kate tell John is watching their door?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)