|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koenig tell John in Chapter 30 about the videotape?
(a) That it has been reviewed and it shows nothing.
(b) That it has never been found.
(c) That it supports the FBI's report of a fuel tank explosion.
(d) That it does not exist.
2. What does Koenig suggest about Kate and Ted Nash's relationship?
(a) That they were partners on the Flight 800 investigation.
(b) That they were siblings.
(c) That they were close emotionally.
(d) That they were sworn enemies.
3. Why does Tom Spruck not believe an American missile could have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) If people knew about it, they would have talked.
(b) American missiles do not have the power this missile clearly had.
(c) No American would target an American passenger plane.
(d) The government does not have the power to hide such a large mistake.
4. What type of missile does Tom Spruck suggest might have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A radar guided missile.
(b) A surface to air missile.
(c) A thermo-nuclear missile.
(d) A kinetic missile.
5. Which of the following is not one of the seven theories as to the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(b) A friendly fired missile from military exercises.
(c) A methane gas bubble.
(d) A missile from a foreign submarine.
6. What do hundreds of witnesses claim to have seen just before TWA Flight 800 exploded?
(a) A lightening strike.
(b) The plane dip unexpectedly.
(c) A spark under the plane.
(d) An orange light rising from the ocean.
7. What does John request when he first arrives at the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 23?
(a) To speak with the housekeeper.
(b) To see the library rental receipts.
(c) To rent a room with cash.
(d) To see the manager.
8. What warning does a friend of John's from the NYPD tell him about his re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) That he could lose his job over the investigation.
(b) That careers have been ruined by the investigation.
(c) That it is treason to doubt the original investigation.
(d) That people have been killed in connection to the investigation.
9. Where does John go after leaving the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 25?
(a) To a bar for a drink.
(c) To the beach for a swim.
(d) The beach where the lovers are suspected of video taping the crash of Flight 800.
10. Who made the video John watches that refutes mechanical failure as the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Conspiracy theorists.
(c) The NTSB.
(d) The CIA.
11. Who does John learn is searching for him during his visit with Marie?
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Jack Koenig.
12. What is the most significant item found on this beach?
(a) A videotape.
(b) A child's toy.
(c) Debris from a missile.
(d) A camera lens cap.
13. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
(a) A terror attack.
(b) Pilot error.
(c) Mechanical failure.
14. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
(a) To not speak to any other federal agents.
(b) To get copies of all his employees' green cards.
(c) To hire only American citizens.
(d) To protect his personnel files better.
15. Why does Siben insist a missile could not have taken down TWA Flight 800?
(a) The plane was flying in an area that is protected from missiles.
(b) The plane was flying too high to be hit by missiles.
(c) There is no evidence in the plane debris.
(d) There is proof of mechanical failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Spruck see the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
2. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
3. What nags at John about the timeline regarding the suspected lovers on the beach in Chapter 25?
4. For whom does John Corey work?
5. What warning does Koenig give John just before he leaves his office in Chapter 30?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)