|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people does John suggest to the taxi driver in Chapter 14 conducted the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and blamed the Muslims?
2. For what reason is John being sent to Yemen?
(a) To offer him a possible advance in his career.
(b) To give him distance from Kate.
(c) To keep him from the investigation into Flight 800.
(d) To give him an investigation to work that has not been concluded.
3. What is the nationality of the taxi driver who takes John and Kate to the office in Chapter 14?
4. To where does Kate take John after leaving the memorial service?
(a) The beach where two lovers were suspected to have videotaped a plane crash.
(b) To a beach where debris from a plane crash washed up.
(c) To a beach where they skinny dip together.
(d) To a beach where John first proposed.
5. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
(b) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
(c) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
(d) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
6. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) An accidental explosion of the fuel tank.
(b) A missile attack.
(c) An accidental radar attack.
(d) A methane bubble.
7. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
(a) Nash works with terrorists.
(b) Nash has retired.
(c) Nash is a corrupt CIA agent.
(d) Nash is dead.
8. What does John learn about Marie Gubitosi before he goes to see her?
(a) She is now retired and a mother.
(b) She is a big fan of the FBI.
(c) She has been injured and has short term memory loss.
(d) She is still with the task force.
9. How does Kate tell John she learned the name of the hotel on the blanket?
(a) She called local hotels until a manager admitted to a missing blanket.
(b) She investigated the blanket and camera lens cap.
(c) She asked Ted Nash.
(d) She stole a look at the investigative report.
10. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Stein himself.
(d) The FBI in general.
11. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
(a) Anonymous clothing.
(b) The black boxes from an passenger plane.
(c) A blanket with a hotel logo, a wine bottle, and a corkscrew.
(d) Her engagement ring.
12. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She had a valid work visa.
(b) She had a student visa, which made her job illegal.
(c) She crossed the border illegally and was working off the books.
(d) Her work visa had expired and she was working illegally.
13. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
(b) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
(c) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
(d) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
14. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
(a) A methane gas bubble.
(b) Pilot error.
(d) A short circuit that came in contact with fuel vapors.
15. Where does John go after leaving the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 25?
(b) The beach where the lovers are suspected of video taping the crash of Flight 800.
(c) To the beach for a swim.
(d) To a bar for a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does John Corey work?
2. Why does Siben insist a missile could not have taken down TWA Flight 800?
3. From whom does Kate tell John she learned of the hotel blanket and camera lens cap found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
4. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
5. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)