|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the investigation did the FBI hide from Marie?
(a) The possibility of infidelity.
(b) The name of the couple staying at the Bayview.
(c) The possibility of a video recording of the crash.
(d) The name of the hotel.
2. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
(a) They have been ordered to leave the investigation alone.
(b) Both their supervisors are meeting with each other in the morning.
(c) They have been told not to come to work the following day.
(d) Both their supervisors want to see them in the morning.
3. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
(a) To the morgue to discuss the damage to the bodies with the coroner.
(b) To the hangar where the plane was reassembled.
(c) To the office to review the files on the crash.
(d) To a library to research the many types of missiles.
4. How does Kate tell John she learned the name of the hotel on the blanket?
(a) She stole a look at the investigative report.
(b) She called local hotels until a manager admitted to a missing blanket.
(c) She investigated the blanket and camera lens cap.
(d) She asked Ted Nash.
5. Why does Siben insist a missile could not have taken down TWA Flight 800?
(a) There is proof of mechanical failure.
(b) The plane was flying in an area that is protected from missiles.
(c) The plane was flying too high to be hit by missiles.
(d) There is no evidence in the plane debris.
6. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) An accidental radar attack.
(b) A missile attack.
(c) A methane bubble.
(d) An accidental explosion of the fuel tank.
7. What do hundreds of witnesses claim to have seen just before TWA Flight 800 exploded?
(a) An orange light rising from the ocean.
(b) A spark under the plane.
(c) The plane dip unexpectedly.
(d) A lightening strike.
8. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) The videotape taken by a couple on the beach.
(b) The fuel tank near the electrical short that caused the crash.
(c) The plane's black boxes.
(d) A lens cap found on the beach.
9. To what does John compare this key evidence Kate is placing all the hopes of the investigation on in Chapter 17?
(a) The blanket found on the beach.
(b) The video of JFK's assassination.
(c) The fuel tank on an undamaged aircraft.
(d) The black boxes of a previous plane crash.
10. What warning does a friend of John's from the NYPD tell him about his re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) That he could lose his job over the investigation.
(b) That careers have been ruined by the investigation.
(c) That it is treason to doubt the original investigation.
(d) That people have been killed in connection to the investigation.
11. For what reason is John being sent to Yemen?
(a) To keep him from the investigation into Flight 800.
(b) To give him an investigation to work that has not been concluded.
(c) To give him distance from Kate.
(d) To offer him a possible advance in his career.
12. What does John learn about Marie Gubitosi before he goes to see her?
(a) She is a big fan of the FBI.
(b) She is now retired and a mother.
(c) She has been injured and has short term memory loss.
(d) She is still with the task force.
13. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Because she lied about it previously.
(b) Because she was having drinks with Ted Nash.
(c) Because her information was obtain illegally.
(d) Because she knew for years and did not tell him.
14. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
(a) CIA agent.
(b) FBI special agent.
(c) Investigator with the ATTF.
(d) Investigator with the NTSB.
15. What is significant about the relationship between the two lovers on the beach?
(a) They are both legally separated.
(b) They are both married to other people.
(c) They are both politicians.
(d) They are both teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most significant item found on this beach?
2. What is the name of the hotel on the blanket found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
3. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
4. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
5. Who helps John find Marie Gubitosi?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)