|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise was Kate able to extract from Koenig with the understanding that both she and John would accept their new assignments?
(a) That she and John would never be assigned to separate locations again.
(b) That she and John would be allowed to work as partners in the future.
(c) That she and John would be assigned to New York for two years.
(d) That she and John would be allowed to choose their next assignment.
2. What group of people does John suggest to the taxi driver in Chapter 14 conducted the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and blamed the Muslims?
3. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
(b) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
(c) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
(d) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
4. What evidence would a kinetic missile leave on a downed aircraft?
(a) Curled edges on the holes it makes.
(b) Specific burn marks.
(c) Missile debris.
5. What do hundreds of witnesses claim to have seen just before TWA Flight 800 exploded?
(a) An orange light rising from the ocean.
(b) The plane dip unexpectedly.
(c) A lightening strike.
(d) A spark under the plane.
6. Why does Tom Spruck believe it was not a hand-held missile that caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A hand-held missile is too difficult to launch.
(b) A hand-held missile is not large enough to take down a plane.
(c) A hand-held missile would have been seen by radar.
(d) A hand-held surface to air missile does not have the required range.
7. What name does John's friend from the NYPD give him to aid in his investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Marie Gubitosi.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Lucita Perez.
(d) Christopher Brock.
8. What do John and Rosenthal realize has happened to the personnel records of the employees who came into direct contact with the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) They were lost in a fire.
(b) The FBI took them and never returned them.
(c) They were destroyed after the employees were fired.
(d) They were misplaced.
9. How many years have passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
10. What nags at John about the timeline regarding the suspected lovers on the beach in Chapter 25?
(a) What they did just before the plane crashed.
(b) What they did between arriving at the hotel and leaving for the beach.
(c) How long it took them to drive to the beach.
(d) What time they left the hotel.
11. Which of the following is not one of the seven theories as to the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A missile from a foreign submarine.
(b) A methane gas bubble.
(d) A friendly fired missile from military exercises.
12. What is the name of the woman Marie tells John in Chapter 20 she interviewed at the Bayview Hotel?
13. From whom does Kate tell John she learned of the hotel blanket and camera lens cap found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Marie Gubitosi.
(b) Dick Kearns.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Ted Nash.
14. What terror attack is the focus of a talk radio program John listens to in Chapter 22?
(a) The crash of TWA Flight 800.
(b) The crash of Pan Am Flight 103.
(c) The bombing of USS Cole.
(d) September 11, 2001.
15. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
(a) Swimming on a deserted beach.
(b) Flying to Paris.
(c) Sailing on his boat.
(d) Watching planes take off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Koenig give John just before he leaves his office in Chapter 30?
2. The deaths of how many people are being memorialized in Chapter 3?
3. What information does John learn in Chapter 24 the FBI purged from the hotel computers?
4. For whom does John Corey work?
5. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)