|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
(a) Watch planes take off.
(b) Videotape themselves.
(c) Explore marine life.
2. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
(b) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
(c) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
(d) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
3. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
(a) A Greek deli.
(b) A Jewish deli.
(c) An Islamic charity.
(d) An Arab charity.
4. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
(a) The actual crash debris.
(b) The passengers backgrounds and ethnic origins.
(c) The possibility of a missile.
(d) The couple who might have videotaped the crash.
5. What room in the Bayview Hotel does John request he be allowed to view in Chapter 25?
(a) Room 203.
(b) Room 302.
(c) Room 103.
(d) Room 503.
6. Which of the following is not one of the seven theories as to the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A friendly fired missile from military exercises.
(b) A missile from a foreign submarine.
(c) A methane gas bubble.
7. What building can John see from his apartment's balcony that was attacked by a terrorist's bomb in 1993?
(a) The North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(b) The parking garage beside the World Trade Center.
(c) The South Tower of the World Trade Center.
(d) The hosptial beside the World Trade Center.
8. What has Fanelli guessed about John and warns him to stay away from in Chapter 29?
(a) The bombing of the USS Cole investigation.
(b) The investigation into Osama Bin Laden.
(c) The investigation into a terrorist cell in Afganistan.
(d) The TWA Flight 800 crash investigation.
9. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
10. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
(a) To the morgue to discuss the damage to the bodies with the coroner.
(b) To the office to review the files on the crash.
(c) To the hangar where the plane was reassembled.
(d) To a library to research the many types of missiles.
11. Who helps John find Marie Gubitosi?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Dick Kearns.
12. What is the name of the hotel on the blanket found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
13. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
(a) They have been told not to come to work the following day.
(b) Both their supervisors are meeting with each other in the morning.
(c) Both their supervisors want to see them in the morning.
(d) They have been ordered to leave the investigation alone.
14. To where does Kate take John after leaving the memorial service?
(a) To a beach where they skinny dip together.
(b) To a beach where John first proposed.
(c) The beach where two lovers were suspected to have videotaped a plane crash.
(d) To a beach where debris from a plane crash washed up.
15. What warning does Koenig give John just before he leaves his office in Chapter 30?
(a) Not to disappear like others who have gone to Yemen.
(b) Not to mess up the USS Cole investigation.
(c) Not to forget who is in charge.
(d) Not to touch the Flight 800 investigation again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
2. Why does John calls Dom Fanelli in Chapter 29?
3. What is significant about the relationship between the two lovers on the beach?
4. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
5. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)