|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
(a) To get copies of all his employees' green cards.
(b) To protect his personnel files better.
(c) To not speak to any other federal agents.
(d) To hire only American citizens.
2. Why does Tom Spruck believe it was not a hand-held missile that caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A hand-held surface to air missile does not have the required range.
(b) A hand-held missile would have been seen by radar.
(c) A hand-held missile is too difficult to launch.
(d) A hand-held missile is not large enough to take down a plane.
3. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
(a) Turns off his beeper and cell phone.
(b) Calls in sick.
(c) Argues with Kate on company property.
(d) Investigates the Bayview Hotel on ATTF time.
4. What motivation causes John to decide to investigate the crash of Flight 800 despite the inherent dangers?
(a) The 203 people who died.
(b) Kate's career.
(c) A friend who died on the plane.
5. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Elisabeth Miller.
(b) Leslie Rosenthal.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Jack Koening.
6. What job did the woman whom Marie interviewed at the Bayview do for the hotel?
(b) Head housekeeper.
(c) Desk clerk.
7. What type of missile does Tom Spruck suggest might have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A kinetic missile.
(b) A thermo-nuclear missile.
(c) A radar guided missile.
(d) A surface to air missile.
8. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
(a) Nash works with terrorists.
(b) Nash has retired.
(c) Nash is a corrupt CIA agent.
(d) Nash is dead.
9. What does John learn about Marie Gubitosi before he goes to see her?
(a) She is still with the task force.
(b) She has been injured and has short term memory loss.
(c) She is a big fan of the FBI.
(d) She is now retired and a mother.
10. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Because her information was obtain illegally.
(b) Because she lied about it previously.
(c) Because she was having drinks with Ted Nash.
(d) Because she knew for years and did not tell him.
11. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
(a) The passengers backgrounds and ethnic origins.
(b) The possibility of a missile.
(c) The actual crash debris.
(d) The couple who might have videotaped the crash.
12. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) A missile attack.
(b) An accidental radar attack.
(c) An accidental explosion of the fuel tank.
(d) A methane bubble.
13. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
(a) FBI special agent.
(b) Investigator with the ATTF.
(c) CIA agent.
(d) Investigator with the NTSB.
14. What does John's friend from the NYPD believe was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Friendly fire from a military exercise.
(b) Mechanical failure.
(c) A cargo door that fell off.
(d) A methane bubble.
15. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
(a) Pilot error.
(b) A terror attack.
(c) Mechanical failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John request when he first arrives at the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 23?
2. What nags at John about the timeline regarding the suspected lovers on the beach in Chapter 25?
3. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
4. Why does Kate insist she cannot get involved in re-investigating the crash of TWA Flight 800?
5. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)