|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does John Corey work?
(c) Federal Anti-Terrorist Task Force.
(d) New York City Police Department.
2. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She crossed the border illegally and was working off the books.
(b) Her work visa had expired and she was working illegally.
(c) She had a student visa, which made her job illegal.
(d) She had a valid work visa.
3. Why does Tom Spruck claim he never came forward with his information regarding the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) He was protecting the people responsible.
(b) He did not think anyone would believe him.
(c) He wanted to gather proof first.
(d) The FBI asked him not to.
4. What is the name of the hotel on the blanket found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
5. Why does Tom Spruck believe it was not a hand-held missile that caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A hand-held missile is not large enough to take down a plane.
(b) A hand-held missile would have been seen by radar.
(c) A hand-held surface to air missile does not have the required range.
(d) A hand-held missile is too difficult to launch.
6. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
(b) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
(c) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
(d) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
7. How does Kate tell John she learned the name of the hotel on the blanket?
(a) She investigated the blanket and camera lens cap.
(b) She stole a look at the investigative report.
(c) She asked Ted Nash.
(d) She called local hotels until a manager admitted to a missing blanket.
8. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Because her information was obtain illegally.
(b) Because she was having drinks with Ted Nash.
(c) Because she knew for years and did not tell him.
(d) Because she lied about it previously.
9. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) An accidental explosion of the fuel tank.
(b) A methane bubble.
(c) An accidental radar attack.
(d) A missile attack.
10. What do hundreds of witnesses claim to have seen just before TWA Flight 800 exploded?
(a) An orange light rising from the ocean.
(b) A spark under the plane.
(c) The plane dip unexpectedly.
(d) A lightening strike.
11. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) The plane's black boxes.
(b) The videotape taken by a couple on the beach.
(c) The fuel tank near the electrical short that caused the crash.
(d) A lens cap found on the beach.
12. What items does Marie ask John to buy in Chapter 18 before agreeing to meet him?
(b) Police magazines.
13. Where does John go after leaving the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 25?
(a) The beach where the lovers are suspected of video taping the crash of Flight 800.
(b) To the beach for a swim.
(c) To a bar for a drink.
14. What is the CIA's explanation for the hundreds of witness reports that claim to have seen the same thing?
(a) A freak storm.
(b) A short circuit.
(c) Pilot error.
(d) An optical illusion.
15. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
(a) The black boxes from an passenger plane.
(b) A blanket with a hotel logo, a wine bottle, and a corkscrew.
(c) Anonymous clothing.
(d) Her engagement ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on a wanted poster John sees in Chapter 15?
2. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Kate insist she cannot get involved in re-investigating the crash of TWA Flight 800?
4. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
5. What building can John see from his apartment's balcony that was attacked by a terrorist's bomb in 1993?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)