|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the manager, Rosenthal, say he fired Christopher Brock, the desk clerk on the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) For renting videos without giving receipts.
(b) For allowing a guest to register under a false name.
(c) For taking a bribe.
(d) For sleeping on the job.
2. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
(a) Watching planes take off.
(b) Flying to Paris.
(c) Sailing on his boat.
(d) Swimming on a deserted beach.
3. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
(a) They have been told not to come to work the following day.
(b) Both their supervisors want to see them in the morning.
(c) Both their supervisors are meeting with each other in the morning.
(d) They have been ordered to leave the investigation alone.
4. Who is Sydney R. Siben?
(a) An investigator with the NTSB.
(b) An investigator with ATTF.
(c) A special agent with the FBI.
(d) An agent with the CIA.
5. What does Kate think of the theory that what hundreds of witnesses saw was an optical illusion?
(a) Kate believes it.
(b) Kate believes it is an excuse to hide the truth.
(c) Kate believes it is partially correct.
(d) Kate does not believe it.
6. What is the most significant item found on this beach?
(a) A camera lens cap.
(b) A videotape.
(c) Debris from a missile.
(d) A child's toy.
7. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
8. What is the name of the hotel on the blanket found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
9. Who is on a wanted poster John sees in Chapter 15?
(a) Osama Bin Laden.
(b) Asad Khalil.
(c) Jeffrey Dahmer.
(d) Ted Nash.
10. What job did the woman whom Marie interviewed at the Bayview do for the hotel?
(b) Desk clerk.
(c) Head housekeeper.
11. What does John request when he first arrives at the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 23?
(a) To rent a room with cash.
(b) To see the manager.
(c) To see the library rental receipts.
(d) To speak with the housekeeper.
12. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
13. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
(b) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
(c) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
(d) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
14. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
(a) To the morgue to discuss the damage to the bodies with the coroner.
(b) To the office to review the files on the crash.
(c) To the hangar where the plane was reassembled.
(d) To a library to research the many types of missiles.
15. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
(a) An Islamic charity.
(b) A Jewish deli.
(c) A Greek deli.
(d) An Arab charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate ask John to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
2. Who made the video John watches that refutes mechanical failure as the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
3. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
4. What event is being memorialized as Chapter 2 unfolds?
5. How does Kate tell John she learned the name of the hotel on the blanket?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)