|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room did this woman from the Bayview Hotel tell Marie she saw a couple with a blanket leaving the night of the crash of Flight 800?
2. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
(a) CIA agent.
(b) Investigator with the ATTF.
(c) Investigator with the NTSB.
(d) FBI special agent.
3. What is significant about the relationship between the two lovers on the beach?
(a) They are both married to other people.
(b) They are both politicians.
(c) They are both legally separated.
(d) They are both teachers.
4. For what reason is John being sent to Yemen?
(a) To give him an investigation to work that has not been concluded.
(b) To give him distance from Kate.
(c) To offer him a possible advance in his career.
(d) To keep him from the investigation into Flight 800.
5. What evidence would a kinetic missile leave on a downed aircraft?
(a) Specific burn marks.
(c) Missile debris.
(d) Curled edges on the holes it makes.
6. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
(a) Nash has retired.
(b) Nash works with terrorists.
(c) Nash is a corrupt CIA agent.
(d) Nash is dead.
7. What items does Marie ask John to buy in Chapter 18 before agreeing to meet him?
(a) Police magazines.
8. What job did the woman whom Marie interviewed at the Bayview do for the hotel?
(b) Head housekeeper.
(d) Desk clerk.
9. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She had a valid work visa.
(b) Her work visa had expired and she was working illegally.
(c) She had a student visa, which made her job illegal.
(d) She crossed the border illegally and was working off the books.
10. For whom does John Corey work?
(b) Federal Anti-Terrorist Task Force.
(d) New York City Police Department.
11. Who does John learn is searching for him during his visit with Marie?
(b) Jack Koenig.
(c) Ted Nash.
12. What part of the investigation did the FBI hide from Marie?
(a) The possibility of infidelity.
(b) The name of the couple staying at the Bayview.
(c) The possibility of a video recording of the crash.
(d) The name of the hotel.
13. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Ted Nash.
(b) Elisabeth Miller.
(c) Leslie Rosenthal.
(d) Jack Koening.
14. What room in the Bayview Hotel does John request he be allowed to view in Chapter 25?
(a) Room 203.
(b) Room 103.
(c) Room 302.
(d) Room 503.
15. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
(a) Flying to Paris.
(b) Swimming on a deserted beach.
(c) Watching planes take off.
(d) Sailing on his boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
2. Who is Khalil?
3. What do John and Rosenthal realize has happened to the personnel records of the employees who came into direct contact with the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
4. What theory does Kate claim is in a category all its own?
5. What motivation causes John to decide to investigate the crash of Flight 800 despite the inherent dangers?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)