|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
(a) Nash is dead.
(b) Nash is a corrupt CIA agent.
(c) Nash works with terrorists.
(d) Nash has retired.
2. What does Koenig suggest about Kate and Ted Nash's relationship?
(a) That they were partners on the Flight 800 investigation.
(b) That they were siblings.
(c) That they were close emotionally.
(d) That they were sworn enemies.
3. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
(a) The couple who might have videotaped the crash.
(b) The actual crash debris.
(c) The passengers backgrounds and ethnic origins.
(d) The possibility of a missile.
4. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Jack Koening.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Leslie Rosenthal.
(d) Elisabeth Miller.
5. What agency does John tell the Bayview Hotel manager he works for in Chapter 23?
6. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Because she was having drinks with Ted Nash.
(b) Because her information was obtain illegally.
(c) Because she lied about it previously.
(d) Because she knew for years and did not tell him.
7. For what reason is John being sent to Yemen?
(a) To offer him a possible advance in his career.
(b) To give him distance from Kate.
(c) To give him an investigation to work that has not been concluded.
(d) To keep him from the investigation into Flight 800.
8. Which of the following is not one of the seven theories as to the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A methane gas bubble.
(c) A missile from a foreign submarine.
(d) A friendly fired missile from military exercises.
9. What is the most significant item found on this beach?
(a) A videotape.
(b) Debris from a missile.
(c) A child's toy.
(d) A camera lens cap.
10. Why does Tom Spruck believe it was not a hand-held missile that caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A hand-held surface to air missile does not have the required range.
(b) A hand-held missile is too difficult to launch.
(c) A hand-held missile would have been seen by radar.
(d) A hand-held missile is not large enough to take down a plane.
11. What information does John learn in Chapter 24 the FBI purged from the hotel computers?
(a) The names of agents who investigated the crash of Flight 800.
(b) The names of all employees who worked the night of the crash of Flight 800.
(c) The names of all guests who stayed at the hotel the night of the crash of Flight 800.
(d) The names of the agents who stayed at the hotel during the investigation into the crash of Flight 800.
12. What name does John's friend from the NYPD give him to aid in his investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Christopher Brock.
(b) Marie Gubitosi.
(c) Lucita Perez.
(d) Ted Nash.
13. The deaths of how many people are being memorialized in Chapter 3?
14. Who does John learn is searching for him during his visit with Marie?
(a) Ted Nash.
(c) Jack Koenig.
15. To where does Kate take John after leaving the memorial service?
(a) To a beach where John first proposed.
(b) To a beach where they skinny dip together.
(c) To a beach where debris from a plane crash washed up.
(d) The beach where two lovers were suspected to have videotaped a plane crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did the woman whom Marie interviewed at the Bayview do for the hotel?
2. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
3. What does John learn about Marie Gubitosi before he goes to see her?
4. What nags at John about the timeline regarding the suspected lovers on the beach in Chapter 25?
5. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)