|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does John's friend from the NYPD give him to aid in his investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Lucita Perez.
(b) Marie Gubitosi.
(c) Christopher Brock.
(d) Ted Nash.
2. The deaths of how many people are being memorialized in Chapter 3?
3. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
(a) The recovery of the black boxes.
(b) The recovery of bodies.
(c) The couple from the Bayview Hotel.
(d) The gathering of plane debris.
4. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
(a) Sailing on his boat.
(b) Flying to Paris.
(c) Watching planes take off.
(d) Swimming on a deserted beach.
5. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
(a) The passengers backgrounds and ethnic origins.
(b) The actual crash debris.
(c) The possibility of a missile.
(d) The couple who might have videotaped the crash.
6. For whom does John Corey work?
(a) New York City Police Department.
(c) Federal Anti-Terrorist Task Force.
7. What does Kate tell John would have been the consequence of her choosing an assignment within the continental United States?
(a) She would have been forced to investigate lesser crimes.
(b) She might lose her seniority in the ATTF office.
(c) She would have been demoted.
(d) She might have been permanently reassigned to that city.
8. What did Spruck see the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
(a) Burning debris falling from the sky.
(b) An orange light rising from the ocean toward the plane.
(c) A terrorist running away with a shoulder mounted launcher.
(d) A methane gas bubble rising from the ocean.
9. Who helps John find Marie Gubitosi?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) Dick Kearns.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Ted Nash.
10. What room in the Bayview Hotel does John request he be allowed to view in Chapter 25?
(a) Room 103.
(b) Room 203.
(c) Room 503.
(d) Room 302.
11. What does Jill tell Bill she saw before the plane exploded?
(a) A methane gas bubble.
(b) A missile.
(c) An alien ship.
(d) A laser.
12. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
(b) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
(c) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
(d) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
13. Why was Kate unable to see a police report on the items found on the beach the night of the plane crash?
(a) The FBI took it.
(b) The cops lost it.
(c) The CIA destroyed it.
(d) There never was one.
14. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
(a) A terror attack.
(b) Mechanical failure.
(d) Pilot error.
15. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) The fuel tank near the electrical short that caused the crash.
(b) The videotape taken by a couple on the beach.
(c) The plane's black boxes.
(d) A lens cap found on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sydney R. Siben?
2. How did Kate find out the blanket found on the beach might have come from a local hotel?
3. What building can John see from his apartment's balcony that was attacked by a terrorist's bomb in 1993?
4. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
5. What warning does Koenig give John just before he leaves his office in Chapter 30?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)