|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John and Rosenthal realize has happened to the personnel records of the employees who came into direct contact with the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) They were destroyed after the employees were fired.
(b) The FBI took them and never returned them.
(c) They were lost in a fire.
(d) They were misplaced.
2. To what does John compare this key evidence Kate is placing all the hopes of the investigation on in Chapter 17?
(a) The video of JFK's assassination.
(b) The black boxes of a previous plane crash.
(c) The blanket found on the beach.
(d) The fuel tank on an undamaged aircraft.
3. Who helps John find Marie Gubitosi?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) Dick Kearns.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Ted Nash.
4. What is the nationality of the taxi driver who takes John and Kate to the office in Chapter 14?
5. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
(a) Flying to Paris.
(b) Swimming on a deserted beach.
(c) Sailing on his boat.
(d) Watching planes take off.
6. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
(a) The gathering of plane debris.
(b) The recovery of the black boxes.
(c) The couple from the Bayview Hotel.
(d) The recovery of bodies.
7. What nags at John about the timeline regarding the suspected lovers on the beach in Chapter 25?
(a) What time they left the hotel.
(b) What they did between arriving at the hotel and leaving for the beach.
(c) How long it took them to drive to the beach.
(d) What they did just before the plane crashed.
8. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
(a) Nash works with terrorists.
(b) Nash is a corrupt CIA agent.
(c) Nash has retired.
(d) Nash is dead.
9. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
(a) To the hangar where the plane was reassembled.
(b) To a library to research the many types of missiles.
(c) To the office to review the files on the crash.
(d) To the morgue to discuss the damage to the bodies with the coroner.
10. What does Kate think of the theory that what hundreds of witnesses saw was an optical illusion?
(a) Kate believes it.
(b) Kate believes it is partially correct.
(c) Kate does not believe it.
(d) Kate believes it is an excuse to hide the truth.
11. What agency does John tell the Bayview Hotel manager he works for in Chapter 23?
12. For whom does John Corey work?
(a) Federal Anti-Terrorist Task Force.
(b) New York City Police Department.
13. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
(b) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
(c) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
(d) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
14. Why does Siben insist a missile could not have taken down TWA Flight 800?
(a) There is proof of mechanical failure.
(b) The plane was flying too high to be hit by missiles.
(c) The plane was flying in an area that is protected from missiles.
(d) There is no evidence in the plane debris.
15. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) A missile attack.
(b) An accidental explosion of the fuel tank.
(c) An accidental radar attack.
(d) A methane bubble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the investigation did the FBI hide from Marie?
2. What promise was Kate able to extract from Koenig with the understanding that both she and John would accept their new assignments?
3. Why does Tom Spruck not believe an American missile could have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
4. From whom does Kate tell John she learned of the hotel blanket and camera lens cap found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
5. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)