|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John calls Dom Fanelli in Chapter 29?
(a) To ask him to go on assigment with Kate.
(b) To get him to research the names of the employees from the Bayview Hotel.
(c) To ask him to go to Yemen with him.
(d) To tell him to watch over his apartment.
2. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She had a student visa, which made her job illegal.
(b) Her work visa had expired and she was working illegally.
(c) She crossed the border illegally and was working off the books.
(d) She had a valid work visa.
3. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
(a) Her engagement ring.
(b) Anonymous clothing.
(c) A blanket with a hotel logo, a wine bottle, and a corkscrew.
(d) The black boxes from an passenger plane.
4. What type of missile does Tom Spruck suggest might have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A radar guided missile.
(b) A thermo-nuclear missile.
(c) A kinetic missile.
(d) A surface to air missile.
5. What is the name of the hotel on the blanket found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
6. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Ted Nash.
(b) Elisabeth Miller.
(c) Leslie Rosenthal.
(d) Jack Koening.
7. What has Fanelli guessed about John and warns him to stay away from in Chapter 29?
(a) The TWA Flight 800 crash investigation.
(b) The investigation into Osama Bin Laden.
(c) The investigation into a terrorist cell in Afganistan.
(d) The bombing of the USS Cole investigation.
8. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
9. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
(a) CIA agent.
(b) Investigator with the NTSB.
(c) Investigator with the ATTF.
(d) FBI special agent.
10. To what does John compare this key evidence Kate is placing all the hopes of the investigation on in Chapter 17?
(a) The black boxes of a previous plane crash.
(b) The video of JFK's assassination.
(c) The blanket found on the beach.
(d) The fuel tank on an undamaged aircraft.
11. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
(b) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
(c) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
(d) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
12. Who does John arrange to meet at a local restaurant?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Dick Kearns.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
13. What motivation causes John to decide to investigate the crash of Flight 800 despite the inherent dangers?
(a) A friend who died on the plane.
(b) Kate's career.
(c) The 203 people who died.
14. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Stein himself.
(c) The FBI in general.
15. What information does John learn in Chapter 24 the FBI purged from the hotel computers?
(a) The names of all employees who worked the night of the crash of Flight 800.
(b) The names of the agents who stayed at the hotel during the investigation into the crash of Flight 800.
(c) The names of agents who investigated the crash of Flight 800.
(d) The names of all guests who stayed at the hotel the night of the crash of Flight 800.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
2. What is the most significant item found on this beach?
3. What promise was Kate able to extract from Koenig with the understanding that both she and John would accept their new assignments?
4. What is the nationality of the taxi driver who takes John and Kate to the office in Chapter 14?
5. How many years have passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)