|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom Spruck believe it was not a hand-held missile that caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A hand-held missile is not large enough to take down a plane.
(b) A hand-held missile would have been seen by radar.
(c) A hand-held missile is too difficult to launch.
(d) A hand-held surface to air missile does not have the required range.
2. What is significant about the relationship between the two lovers on the beach?
(a) They are both teachers.
(b) They are both married to other people.
(c) They are both politicians.
(d) They are both legally separated.
3. What do John and Kate promise to do if they are approached about the re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Lie to the FBI, but be honest to everyone else.
(c) Tell the truth if the interrogator is friendly.
(d) Tell the truth.
4. What does Koenig suggest about Kate and Ted Nash's relationship?
(a) That they were close emotionally.
(b) That they were siblings.
(c) That they were sworn enemies.
(d) That they were partners on the Flight 800 investigation.
5. Why does John calls Dom Fanelli in Chapter 29?
(a) To tell him to watch over his apartment.
(b) To ask him to go on assigment with Kate.
(c) To ask him to go to Yemen with him.
(d) To get him to research the names of the employees from the Bayview Hotel.
6. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) She had a student visa, which made her job illegal.
(b) She crossed the border illegally and was working off the books.
(c) Her work visa had expired and she was working illegally.
(d) She had a valid work visa.
7. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Stein himself.
(d) The FBI in general.
8. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
(a) A methane gas bubble.
(b) Pilot error.
(d) A short circuit that came in contact with fuel vapors.
9. What nags at John about the timeline regarding the suspected lovers on the beach in Chapter 25?
(a) What they did just before the plane crashed.
(b) What they did between arriving at the hotel and leaving for the beach.
(c) What time they left the hotel.
(d) How long it took them to drive to the beach.
10. To what does John compare this key evidence Kate is placing all the hopes of the investigation on in Chapter 17?
(a) The fuel tank on an undamaged aircraft.
(b) The video of JFK's assassination.
(c) The blanket found on the beach.
(d) The black boxes of a previous plane crash.
11. To where does Kate take John after leaving the memorial service?
(a) To a beach where debris from a plane crash washed up.
(b) To a beach where John first proposed.
(c) The beach where two lovers were suspected to have videotaped a plane crash.
(d) To a beach where they skinny dip together.
12. What does John learn about Marie Gubitosi before he goes to see her?
(a) She has been injured and has short term memory loss.
(b) She is a big fan of the FBI.
(c) She is still with the task force.
(d) She is now retired and a mother.
13. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
14. What group of people does John suggest to the taxi driver in Chapter 14 conducted the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and blamed the Muslims?
15. How many years have passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What building can John see from his apartment's balcony that was attacked by a terrorist's bomb in 1993?
2. What did Spruck see the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
3. Who is Khalil?
4. Who does John arrange to meet at a local restaurant?
5. What does John request when he first arrives at the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 23?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)