|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koenig suggest about Kate and Ted Nash's relationship?
(a) That they were siblings.
(b) That they were close emotionally.
(c) That they were sworn enemies.
(d) That they were partners on the Flight 800 investigation.
2. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Leslie Rosenthal.
(b) Elisabeth Miller.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Jack Koening.
3. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
(a) Both their supervisors want to see them in the morning.
(b) They have been ordered to leave the investigation alone.
(c) They have been told not to come to work the following day.
(d) Both their supervisors are meeting with each other in the morning.
4. For what reason is John being sent to Yemen?
(a) To offer him a possible advance in his career.
(b) To keep him from the investigation into Flight 800.
(c) To give him distance from Kate.
(d) To give him an investigation to work that has not been concluded.
5. Why does Tom Spruck believe it was not a hand-held missile that caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A hand-held missile would have been seen by radar.
(b) A hand-held surface to air missile does not have the required range.
(c) A hand-held missile is too difficult to launch.
(d) A hand-held missile is not large enough to take down a plane.
6. To what does John compare this key evidence Kate is placing all the hopes of the investigation on in Chapter 17?
(a) The blanket found on the beach.
(b) The video of JFK's assassination.
(c) The black boxes of a previous plane crash.
(d) The fuel tank on an undamaged aircraft.
7. Who is Tom Spruck?
(a) An FBI agent.
(b) A retired naval officer and witness to the crash.
(c) An investigator with the NTSB.
(d) A military weapons expert.
8. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
(a) To hire only American citizens.
(b) To protect his personnel files better.
(c) To not speak to any other federal agents.
(d) To get copies of all his employees' green cards.
9. What does Jill tell Bill she saw before the plane exploded?
(a) An alien ship.
(b) A missile.
(c) A laser.
(d) A methane gas bubble.
10. What items does Marie ask John to buy in Chapter 18 before agreeing to meet him?
(a) Police magazines.
11. Why was Kate unable to see a police report on the items found on the beach the night of the plane crash?
(a) The cops lost it.
(b) The FBI took it.
(c) The CIA destroyed it.
(d) There never was one.
12. How many years have passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
13. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
14. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
(a) Nash works with terrorists.
(b) Nash is a corrupt CIA agent.
(c) Nash is dead.
(d) Nash has retired.
15. What evidence would a kinetic missile leave on a downed aircraft?
(b) Curled edges on the holes it makes.
(c) Specific burn marks.
(d) Missile debris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the manager, Rosenthal, say he fired Christopher Brock, the desk clerk on the night of the crash of Flight 800?
2. What does John request when he first arrives at the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 23?
3. What do hundreds of witnesses claim to have seen just before TWA Flight 800 exploded?
4. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
5. What promise was Kate able to extract from Koenig with the understanding that both she and John would accept their new assignments?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)