|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terror attack is the focus of a talk radio program John listens to in Chapter 22?
(a) The crash of TWA Flight 800.
(b) The bombing of USS Cole.
(c) September 11, 2001.
(d) The crash of Pan Am Flight 103.
2. Why was Kate unable to see a police report on the items found on the beach the night of the plane crash?
(a) The FBI took it.
(b) The cops lost it.
(c) There never was one.
(d) The CIA destroyed it.
3. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
(b) A short circuit that came in contact with fuel vapors.
(c) Pilot error.
(d) A methane gas bubble.
4. Why does Kate insist she cannot get involved in re-investigating the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) Due to a personal belief that justice was done.
(b) Due to her position with the FBI.
(c) Due to commitment to other cases.
(d) Due to a loyalty to her boss, Jack Koenig.
5. What information does John learn in Chapter 24 the FBI purged from the hotel computers?
(a) The names of agents who investigated the crash of Flight 800.
(b) The names of all guests who stayed at the hotel the night of the crash of Flight 800.
(c) The names of the agents who stayed at the hotel during the investigation into the crash of Flight 800.
(d) The names of all employees who worked the night of the crash of Flight 800.
6. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
(a) To hire only American citizens.
(b) To get copies of all his employees' green cards.
(c) To protect his personnel files better.
(d) To not speak to any other federal agents.
7. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Jack Koening.
(b) Elisabeth Miller.
(c) Leslie Rosenthal.
(d) Ted Nash.
8. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
(a) A Greek deli.
(b) An Islamic charity.
(c) A Jewish deli.
(d) An Arab charity.
9. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
(a) Videotape themselves.
(b) Watch planes take off.
(c) Explore marine life.
10. What does John learn about Marie Gubitosi before he goes to see her?
(a) She is now retired and a mother.
(b) She is a big fan of the FBI.
(c) She has been injured and has short term memory loss.
(d) She is still with the task force.
11. What name does John's friend from the NYPD give him to aid in his investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Marie Gubitosi.
(b) Christopher Brock.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Lucita Perez.
12. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
(a) A terror attack.
(b) Pilot error.
(d) Mechanical failure.
13. Who does John arrange to meet at a local restaurant?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Dick Kearns.
(c) Dom Fanelli.
(d) Ted Nash.
14. Why does Siben insist a missile could not have taken down TWA Flight 800?
(a) There is no evidence in the plane debris.
(b) The plane was flying in an area that is protected from missiles.
(c) There is proof of mechanical failure.
(d) The plane was flying too high to be hit by missiles.
15. What event is being memorialized as Chapter 2 unfolds?
(a) The September 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon.
(b) The death of CIA agent Ted Nash.
(c) The crash of TWA Flight 800.
(d) The bombing of the USS Cole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Rosenthal realize has happened to the personnel records of the employees who came into direct contact with the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
2. What do John and Kate promise to do if they are approached about the re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
3. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
4. What room in the Bayview Hotel does John request he be allowed to view in Chapter 25?
5. What does Koenig tell John in Chapter 30 about the videotape?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)