|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
(a) Flying to Paris.
(b) Swimming on a deserted beach.
(c) Watching planes take off.
(d) Sailing on his boat.
2. What is significant about the relationship between the two lovers on the beach?
(a) They are both politicians.
(b) They are both married to other people.
(c) They are both legally separated.
(d) They are both teachers.
3. What does John tell Spruck about Ted Nash when Spruck mentions Nash was supposed to interview him at the time of the crash?
(a) Nash is a corrupt CIA agent.
(b) Nash has retired.
(c) Nash works with terrorists.
(d) Nash is dead.
4. For whom does John Corey work?
(a) New York City Police Department.
(c) Federal Anti-Terrorist Task Force.
5. Who helps John find Marie Gubitosi?
(a) Dick Kearns.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Jack Koenig.
(d) Dom Fanelli.
6. Why does Kate ask John to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) She believes their might still be survivors out there.
(b) She believes the original investigation was corrupt.
(c) She does not believe the truth has come out.
(d) She does not believe a missile took the plane down.
7. What group of people does John suggest to the taxi driver in Chapter 14 conducted the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and blamed the Muslims?
8. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
(a) Both their supervisors are meeting with each other in the morning.
(b) They have been told not to come to work the following day.
(c) They have been ordered to leave the investigation alone.
(d) Both their supervisors want to see them in the morning.
9. Why does John calls Dom Fanelli in Chapter 29?
(a) To ask him to go on assigment with Kate.
(b) To tell him to watch over his apartment.
(c) To get him to research the names of the employees from the Bayview Hotel.
(d) To ask him to go to Yemen with him.
10. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
(b) Explore marine life.
(c) Videotape themselves.
(d) Watch planes take off.
11. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Because she lied about it previously.
(b) Because she was having drinks with Ted Nash.
(c) Because she knew for years and did not tell him.
(d) Because her information was obtain illegally.
12. Why does Tom Spruck claim he never came forward with his information regarding the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) He was protecting the people responsible.
(b) He wanted to gather proof first.
(c) He did not think anyone would believe him.
(d) The FBI asked him not to.
13. What building can John see from his apartment's balcony that was attacked by a terrorist's bomb in 1993?
(a) The North Tower of the World Trade Center.
(b) The hosptial beside the World Trade Center.
(c) The parking garage beside the World Trade Center.
(d) The South Tower of the World Trade Center.
14. To where does Kate take John after leaving the memorial service?
(a) The beach where two lovers were suspected to have videotaped a plane crash.
(b) To a beach where they skinny dip together.
(c) To a beach where debris from a plane crash washed up.
(d) To a beach where John first proposed.
15. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
(a) A Jewish deli.
(b) An Arab charity.
(c) A Greek deli.
(d) An Islamic charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
2. Why does the manager, Rosenthal, say he fired Christopher Brock, the desk clerk on the night of the crash of Flight 800?
3. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
4. What event is being memorialized as Chapter 2 unfolds?
5. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)