|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John and Kate promise to do if they are approached about the re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Tell the truth.
(b) Tell the truth if the interrogator is friendly.
(d) Lie to the FBI, but be honest to everyone else.
2. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
(a) Pilot error.
(b) A terror attack.
(d) Mechanical failure.
3. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
(a) The black boxes from an passenger plane.
(b) A blanket with a hotel logo, a wine bottle, and a corkscrew.
(c) Anonymous clothing.
(d) Her engagement ring.
4. What group of people does John suggest to the taxi driver in Chapter 14 conducted the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and blamed the Muslims?
5. What is significant about the relationship between the two lovers on the beach?
(a) They are both married to other people.
(b) They are both legally separated.
(c) They are both politicians.
(d) They are both teachers.
6. What evidence would a kinetic missile leave on a downed aircraft?
(a) Curled edges on the holes it makes.
(c) Specific burn marks.
(d) Missile debris.
7. What building can John see from his apartment's balcony that was attacked by a terrorist's bomb in 1993?
(a) The parking garage beside the World Trade Center.
(b) The South Tower of the World Trade Center.
(c) The hosptial beside the World Trade Center.
(d) The North Tower of the World Trade Center.
8. Who is on a wanted poster John sees in Chapter 15?
(a) Jeffrey Dahmer.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Asad Khalil.
(d) Osama Bin Laden.
9. What name does John's friend from the NYPD give him to aid in his investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Ted Nash.
(b) Lucita Perez.
(c) Christopher Brock.
(d) Marie Gubitosi.
10. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) A missile attack.
(b) An accidental explosion of the fuel tank.
(c) An accidental radar attack.
(d) A methane bubble.
11. Why does the manager, Rosenthal, say he fired Christopher Brock, the desk clerk on the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) For sleeping on the job.
(b) For renting videos without giving receipts.
(c) For allowing a guest to register under a false name.
(d) For taking a bribe.
12. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
(a) To hire only American citizens.
(b) To protect his personnel files better.
(c) To not speak to any other federal agents.
(d) To get copies of all his employees' green cards.
13. What motivation causes John to decide to investigate the crash of Flight 800 despite the inherent dangers?
(a) A friend who died on the plane.
(c) Kate's career.
(d) The 203 people who died.
14. What warning does a friend of John's from the NYPD tell him about his re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) That he could lose his job over the investigation.
(b) That careers have been ruined by the investigation.
(c) That it is treason to doubt the original investigation.
(d) That people have been killed in connection to the investigation.
15. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
(b) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
(c) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
(d) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
2. Why does John become angry with Kate in Chapter 21 when he learns how she found out about the blanket and lens cap left on the beach the night after the crash of Flight 800?
3. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
4. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
5. What does Koenig tell John in Chapter 30 about the videotape?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)