|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What agency does John tell the Bayview Hotel manager he works for in Chapter 23?
2. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
(a) Anonymous clothing.
(b) The black boxes from an passenger plane.
(c) A blanket with a hotel logo, a wine bottle, and a corkscrew.
(d) Her engagement ring.
3. From whom does Kate tell John she learned of the hotel blanket and camera lens cap found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) Dick Kearns.
(c) Marie Gubitosi.
(d) Ted Nash.
4. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
(a) To a library to research the many types of missiles.
(b) To the morgue to discuss the damage to the bodies with the coroner.
(c) To the hangar where the plane was reassembled.
(d) To the office to review the files on the crash.
5. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
(a) Both their supervisors want to see them in the morning.
(b) Both their supervisors are meeting with each other in the morning.
(c) They have been ordered to leave the investigation alone.
(d) They have been told not to come to work the following day.
6. What is the CIA's explanation for the hundreds of witness reports that claim to have seen the same thing?
(a) A short circuit.
(b) Pilot error.
(c) A freak storm.
(d) An optical illusion.
7. Why does Tom Spruck not believe an American missile could have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) If people knew about it, they would have talked.
(b) No American would target an American passenger plane.
(c) American missiles do not have the power this missile clearly had.
(d) The government does not have the power to hide such a large mistake.
8. What is the nationality of the taxi driver who takes John and Kate to the office in Chapter 14?
9. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Elisabeth Miller.
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Jack Koening.
(d) Leslie Rosenthal.
10. Who does John learn is searching for him during his visit with Marie?
(b) Ted Nash.
(c) Jack Koenig.
11. Why does Tom Spruck believe it was not a hand-held missile that caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A hand-held surface to air missile does not have the required range.
(b) A hand-held missile is not large enough to take down a plane.
(c) A hand-held missile would have been seen by radar.
(d) A hand-held missile is too difficult to launch.
12. What does Koenig tell John in Chapter 30 about the videotape?
(a) That it has never been found.
(b) That it does not exist.
(c) That it has been reviewed and it shows nothing.
(d) That it supports the FBI's report of a fuel tank explosion.
13. What event is being memorialized as Chapter 2 unfolds?
(a) The crash of TWA Flight 800.
(b) The death of CIA agent Ted Nash.
(c) The bombing of the USS Cole.
(d) The September 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon.
14. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
(a) The recovery of bodies.
(b) The couple from the Bayview Hotel.
(c) The gathering of plane debris.
(d) The recovery of the black boxes.
15. What business is John's office mate investigating that he believes to be a front for terrorism?
(a) A Greek deli.
(b) A Jewish deli.
(c) An Arab charity.
(d) An Islamic charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Kate unable to see a police report on the items found on the beach the night of the plane crash?
2. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
3. What was Tom Spruck doing the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
4. Who is Tom Spruck?
5. What does Koenig suggest about Kate and Ted Nash's relationship?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)