|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
(b) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
(c) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
(d) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
2. What theory does Kate claim is in a category all its own?
(b) Friendly fire.
(d) A plasma ray gun.
3. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
(a) Pilot error.
(b) Mechanical failure.
(d) A terror attack.
4. What type of missile does Tom Spruck suggest might have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A surface to air missile.
(b) A thermo-nuclear missile.
(c) A radar guided missile.
(d) A kinetic missile.
5. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) A methane bubble.
(b) An accidental explosion of the fuel tank.
(c) An accidental radar attack.
(d) A missile attack.
6. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
(a) The recovery of the black boxes.
(b) The couple from the Bayview Hotel.
(c) The recovery of bodies.
(d) The gathering of plane debris.
7. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
(a) The actual crash debris.
(b) The possibility of a missile.
(c) The couple who might have videotaped the crash.
(d) The passengers backgrounds and ethnic origins.
8. What is the name of the woman Marie tells John in Chapter 20 she interviewed at the Bayview Hotel?
9. What is the nationality of the taxi driver who takes John and Kate to the office in Chapter 14?
10. What nags at John about the timeline regarding the suspected lovers on the beach in Chapter 25?
(a) What they did between arriving at the hotel and leaving for the beach.
(b) How long it took them to drive to the beach.
(c) What time they left the hotel.
(d) What they did just before the plane crashed.
11. What do John and Kate promise to do if they are approached about the re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Tell the truth if the interrogator is friendly.
(b) Tell the truth.
(c) Lie to the FBI, but be honest to everyone else.
12. Who does John arrange to meet at a local restaurant?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) Dick Kearns.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Jack Koenig.
13. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
(a) Videotape themselves.
(c) Explore marine life.
(d) Watch planes take off.
14. Why does Tom Spruck claim he never came forward with his information regarding the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) He wanted to gather proof first.
(b) He did not think anyone would believe him.
(c) He was protecting the people responsible.
(d) The FBI asked him not to.
15. Why does Kate ask John to re-investigate the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) She believes their might still be survivors out there.
(b) She believes the original investigation was corrupt.
(c) She does not believe the truth has come out.
(d) She does not believe a missile took the plane down.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does John compare this key evidence Kate is placing all the hopes of the investigation on in Chapter 17?
2. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
3. What did Spruck see the night TWA Flight 800 crashed?
4. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
5. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)