|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did the woman whom Marie interviewed at the Bayview do for the hotel?
(a) Head housekeeper.
(d) Desk clerk.
2. What type of missile does Tom Spruck suggest might have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A thermo-nuclear missile.
(b) A surface to air missile.
(c) A radar guided missile.
(d) A kinetic missile.
3. Why does Tom Spruck believe it was not a hand-held missile that caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) A hand-held missile is not large enough to take down a plane.
(b) A hand-held missile would have been seen by radar.
(c) A hand-held missile is too difficult to launch.
(d) A hand-held surface to air missile does not have the required range.
4. To where does Kate take John after leaving the memorial service?
(a) To a beach where John first proposed.
(b) To a beach where debris from a plane crash washed up.
(c) To a beach where they skinny dip together.
(d) The beach where two lovers were suspected to have videotaped a plane crash.
5. What is the CIA's explanation for the hundreds of witness reports that claim to have seen the same thing?
(a) A freak storm.
(b) Pilot error.
(c) A short circuit.
(d) An optical illusion.
6. What group of people does John suggest to the taxi driver in Chapter 14 conducted the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and blamed the Muslims?
7. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
(a) Investigator with the NTSB.
(b) Investigator with the ATTF.
(c) CIA agent.
(d) FBI special agent.
8. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
(a) Explore marine life.
(c) Watch planes take off.
(d) Videotape themselves.
9. The deaths of how many people are being memorialized in Chapter 3?
10. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
(b) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
(c) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
(d) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
11. What has Fanelli guessed about John and warns him to stay away from in Chapter 29?
(a) The investigation into Osama Bin Laden.
(b) The TWA Flight 800 crash investigation.
(c) The bombing of the USS Cole investigation.
(d) The investigation into a terrorist cell in Afganistan.
12. What does Koenig tell John in Chapter 30 about the videotape?
(a) That it does not exist.
(b) That it has been reviewed and it shows nothing.
(c) That it has never been found.
(d) That it supports the FBI's report of a fuel tank explosion.
13. What nags at John about the timeline regarding the suspected lovers on the beach in Chapter 25?
(a) What time they left the hotel.
(b) How long it took them to drive to the beach.
(c) What they did just before the plane crashed.
(d) What they did between arriving at the hotel and leaving for the beach.
14. Why does Tom Spruck claim he never came forward with his information regarding the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) He was protecting the people responsible.
(b) He wanted to gather proof first.
(c) He did not think anyone would believe him.
(d) The FBI asked him not to.
15. What promise was Kate able to extract from Koenig with the understanding that both she and John would accept their new assignments?
(a) That she and John would be allowed to choose their next assignment.
(b) That she and John would never be assigned to separate locations again.
(c) That she and John would be allowed to work as partners in the future.
(d) That she and John would be assigned to New York for two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
2. What does Jill tell Bill she saw before the plane exploded?
3. What is significant about the relationship between the two lovers on the beach?
4. Why does Siben insist a missile could not have taken down TWA Flight 800?
5. What do hundreds of witnesses claim to have seen just before TWA Flight 800 exploded?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)