|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the video John watches that refutes mechanical failure as the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The NTSB.
(c) Conspiracy theorists.
(d) The CIA.
2. What object does Kate believe will be key evidence in the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) The plane's black boxes.
(b) The fuel tank near the electrical short that caused the crash.
(c) The videotape taken by a couple on the beach.
(d) A lens cap found on the beach.
3. What is the nationality of the taxi driver who takes John and Kate to the office in Chapter 14?
4. What is the accepted cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 as discussed by Kate and John in Chapter 3?
(a) A terror attack.
(b) Pilot error.
(d) Mechanical failure.
5. What is the name of the woman Marie tells John in Chapter 20 she interviewed at the Bayview Hotel?
6. What promise was Kate able to extract from Koenig with the understanding that both she and John would accept their new assignments?
(a) That she and John would be allowed to choose their next assignment.
(b) That she and John would never be assigned to separate locations again.
(c) That she and John would be allowed to work as partners in the future.
(d) That she and John would be assigned to New York for two years.
7. What warning does a friend of John's from the NYPD tell him about his re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) That it is treason to doubt the original investigation.
(b) That people have been killed in connection to the investigation.
(c) That careers have been ruined by the investigation.
(d) That he could lose his job over the investigation.
8. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
(a) Anonymous clothing.
(b) A blanket with a hotel logo, a wine bottle, and a corkscrew.
(c) The black boxes from an passenger plane.
(d) Her engagement ring.
9. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
(a) CIA agent.
(b) FBI special agent.
(c) Investigator with the ATTF.
(d) Investigator with the NTSB.
10. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) An accidental explosion of the fuel tank.
(b) A methane bubble.
(c) A missile attack.
(d) An accidental radar attack.
11. Why was Kate unable to see a police report on the items found on the beach the night of the plane crash?
(a) The FBI took it.
(b) There never was one.
(c) The cops lost it.
(d) The CIA destroyed it.
12. What is the name of the hotel on the blanket found on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
13. Who is on a wanted poster John sees in Chapter 15?
(a) Asad Khalil.
(b) Jeffrey Dahmer.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Osama Bin Laden.
14. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
(a) To hire only American citizens.
(b) To not speak to any other federal agents.
(c) To protect his personnel files better.
(d) To get copies of all his employees' green cards.
15. What part of the investigation was Kate openly barred from pursuing during the first investigation?
(a) The actual crash debris.
(b) The passengers backgrounds and ethnic origins.
(c) The possibility of a missile.
(d) The couple who might have videotaped the crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
2. For what reason is John being sent to Yemen?
3. Why does John calls Dom Fanelli in Chapter 29?
4. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
5. What information does John learn in Chapter 24 the FBI purged from the hotel computers?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)