|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John and Rosenthal realize has happened to the personnel records of the employees who came into direct contact with the lovers on the beach the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) They were lost in a fire.
(b) They were destroyed after the employees were fired.
(c) The FBI took them and never returned them.
(d) They were misplaced.
2. Who does John learn is searching for him during his visit with Marie?
(a) Ted Nash.
(d) Jack Koenig.
3. What does John request when he first arrives at the Bayview Hotel in Chapter 23?
(a) To see the library rental receipts.
(b) To rent a room with cash.
(c) To see the manager.
(d) To speak with the housekeeper.
4. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
(a) The recovery of bodies.
(b) The couple from the Bayview Hotel.
(c) The gathering of plane debris.
(d) The recovery of the black boxes.
5. What does Siben insist was the cause of the plane crash?
(a) A methane gas bubble.
(c) A short circuit that came in contact with fuel vapors.
(d) Pilot error.
6. Why does the manager, Rosenthal, say he fired Christopher Brock, the desk clerk on the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) For sleeping on the job.
(b) For taking a bribe.
(c) For renting videos without giving receipts.
(d) For allowing a guest to register under a false name.
7. What part of the investigation did the FBI hide from Marie?
(a) The name of the couple staying at the Bayview.
(b) The possibility of infidelity.
(c) The possibility of a video recording of the crash.
(d) The name of the hotel.
8. What warning about his employees does John give Rosenthal in Chapter 25?
(a) To hire only American citizens.
(b) To get copies of all his employees' green cards.
(c) To protect his personnel files better.
(d) To not speak to any other federal agents.
9. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Her work visa had expired and she was working illegally.
(b) She had a student visa, which made her job illegal.
(c) She crossed the border illegally and was working off the books.
(d) She had a valid work visa.
10. Why does Tom Spruck claim he never came forward with his information regarding the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) The FBI asked him not to.
(b) He was protecting the people responsible.
(c) He wanted to gather proof first.
(d) He did not think anyone would believe him.
11. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Jack Koening.
(b) Elisabeth Miller.
(c) Leslie Rosenthal.
(d) Ted Nash.
12. Why does Tom Spruck not believe an American missile could have caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) No American would target an American passenger plane.
(b) The government does not have the power to hide such a large mistake.
(c) American missiles do not have the power this missile clearly had.
(d) If people knew about it, they would have talked.
13. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
(b) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
(c) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
(d) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
14. The deaths of how many people are being memorialized in Chapter 3?
15. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
2. What evidence would a kinetic missile leave on a downed aircraft?
3. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
4. Why does Tom Spruck believe it was not a hand-held missile that caused the crash of TWA Flight 800?
5. What warning does a friend of John's from the NYPD tell him about his re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)