|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the investigation into the crash of TWA Flight 800 did Marie participate?
(a) The recovery of bodies.
(b) The couple from the Bayview Hotel.
(c) The gathering of plane debris.
(d) The recovery of the black boxes.
2. What items does Marie ask John to buy in Chapter 18 before agreeing to meet him?
(b) Police magazines.
3. Where does Kate take John after leaving Tom Spruck?
(a) To a library to research the many types of missiles.
(b) To the morgue to discuss the damage to the bodies with the coroner.
(c) To the office to review the files on the crash.
(d) To the hangar where the plane was reassembled.
4. Who helps John find Marie Gubitosi?
(a) Dom Fanelli.
(b) Jack Koenig.
(c) Dick Kearns.
(d) Ted Nash.
5. What evidence would a kinetic missile leave on a downed aircraft?
(a) Specific burn marks.
(b) Curled edges on the holes it makes.
(d) Missile debris.
6. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
(a) Investigator with the ATTF.
(b) CIA agent.
(c) FBI special agent.
(d) Investigator with the NTSB.
7. What event is being memorialized as Chapter 2 unfolds?
(a) The death of CIA agent Ted Nash.
(b) The crash of TWA Flight 800.
(c) The September 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon.
(d) The bombing of the USS Cole.
8. What theory does Kate claim is in a category all its own?
(b) Friendly fire.
(d) A plasma ray gun.
9. Who is Khalil?
(a) The terrorist who bombed the USS Cole.
(b) The terrorist who tried to kill John.
(c) The terrorist who bombed Flight 800.
(d) The terrorist who bombed the World Trade Center in 1993.
10. What do John and Kate promise to do if they are approached about the re-investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(b) Lie to the FBI, but be honest to everyone else.
(c) Tell the truth if the interrogator is friendly.
(d) Tell the truth.
11. Why does Tom Spruck claim he never came forward with his information regarding the crash of TWA Flight 800?
(a) He wanted to gather proof first.
(b) The FBI asked him not to.
(c) He was protecting the people responsible.
(d) He did not think anyone would believe him.
12. What does John learn about Marie Gubitosi before he goes to see her?
(a) She is still with the task force.
(b) She is a big fan of the FBI.
(c) She is now retired and a mother.
(d) She has been injured and has short term memory loss.
13. What motivation causes John to decide to investigate the crash of Flight 800 despite the inherent dangers?
(b) The 203 people who died.
(c) Kate's career.
(d) A friend who died on the plane.
14. For what reason is John being sent to Yemen?
(a) To offer him a possible advance in his career.
(b) To keep him from the investigation into Flight 800.
(c) To give him an investigation to work that has not been concluded.
(d) To give him distance from Kate.
15. What does John do in Chapter 22 that is against ATTF regulations?
(a) Calls in sick.
(b) Turns off his beeper and cell phone.
(c) Investigates the Bayview Hotel on ATTF time.
(d) Argues with Kate on company property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
2. What does John tell Rosenthal in Chapter 25 was the cause of the crash of Flight 800?
3. What does John learn from the housekeeper supervisor about Lucita's eligibility to work the night of the crash of Flight 800?
4. What do hundreds of witnesses claim to have seen just before TWA Flight 800 exploded?
5. Which of the following is not one of the seven theories as to the crash of TWA Flight 800?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)