|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Stein tell John he is in big trouble in Chapter 27?
(a) Jack Koenig.
(b) The FBI in general.
(c) Stein himself.
2. Where does John learn that Koenig is sending Kate?
3. What name does John's friend from the NYPD give him to aid in his investigation into the crash of Flight 800?
(a) Lucita Perez.
(b) Christopher Brock.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Marie Gubitosi.
4. What group of people does John suggest to the taxi driver in Chapter 14 conducted the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and blamed the Muslims?
5. What does Kate tell John was found on this beach?
(a) A blanket with a hotel logo, a wine bottle, and a corkscrew.
(b) Her engagement ring.
(c) Anonymous clothing.
(d) The black boxes from an passenger plane.
6. What does Kate tell John upon his arrival at home that implies their supervisors are 'on to them'?
(a) Both their supervisors want to see them in the morning.
(b) They have been ordered to leave the investigation alone.
(c) Both their supervisors are meeting with each other in the morning.
(d) They have been told not to come to work the following day.
7. What vice of John's becomes evident when he has lunch with Kate in Chapter 17?
8. For what reason does Stein warn John not to resign or refuse this new assignment?
(a) It could adversely affect Kate's career.
(b) He would be unemployed and unable to continue his investigation.
(c) He is a good agent and just needs to be more patient.
(d) He is on to something with Flight 800 and will be allowed to follow up if he does well in Yemen.
9. What is the CIA's explanation for the hundreds of witness reports that claim to have seen the same thing?
(a) A short circuit.
(b) An optical illusion.
(c) A freak storm.
(d) Pilot error.
10. Who is Liam Griffith, introduced in Chapter 3?
(a) CIA agent.
(b) Investigator with the NTSB.
(c) Investigator with the ATTF.
(d) FBI special agent.
11. What is the name of the woman Marie tells John in Chapter 20 she interviewed at the Bayview Hotel?
12. What does Jill tell Bill she saw before the plane exploded?
(a) An alien ship.
(b) A methane gas bubble.
(c) A laser.
(d) A missile.
13. What is the name of the manager of the hotel where the videotaping lovers were staying?
(a) Elisabeth Miller.
(b) Leslie Rosenthal.
(c) Ted Nash.
(d) Jack Koening.
14. What motivation causes John to decide to investigate the crash of Flight 800 despite the inherent dangers?
(b) A friend who died on the plane.
(c) Kate's career.
(d) The 203 people who died.
15. Why does Siben insist a missile could not have taken down TWA Flight 800?
(a) There is proof of mechanical failure.
(b) The plane was flying in an area that is protected from missiles.
(c) There is no evidence in the plane debris.
(d) The plane was flying too high to be hit by missiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate tell John would have been the consequence of her choosing an assignment within the continental United States?
2. What evidence would a kinetic missile leave on a downed aircraft?
3. What have Jill and Bud come to the beach to do?
4. Who is Khalil?
5. What information does John learn in Chapter 24 the FBI purged from the hotel computers?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)