|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Aristotle in the beginning of V.6, makes an act unjust without necessarily making the person who commits it unjust?
2. How many types of justice are discussed in V.4?
3. At what does every action seem to aim, according to Aristotle?
(a) Some good.
(b) Another action.
(c) Some profit.
(d) Some target.
4. Aristotle says that the magnanimous man cares more for what than for people's opinions?
5. Who is the worst person in the community in Aristotle's judgment?
(a) One who uses vice in relation to himself alone.
(b) One who uses vice in relation to himself and others.
(c) One who uses vice in relation strictly to others.
(d) One who uses virtue in relation to himself and ignores others.
6. How many virtues does magnanimity require, for Aristotle, in order to be in a person?
(a) Three of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Most of them.
(d) All of them.
7. Which sort of political justice is most universal in Aristotle's view?
8. Which word adequately indicates the character of the man whose vice is in opposition to that of the braggart, according to Aristotle's description?
9. A buffoon is described by Aristotle in IV.8 as someone who goes to extremes in order to make someone else do what?
(a) Abjure the gods.
10. What is the literal prize for boxers, according to Aristotle in III.9?
(a) A lordship.
(b) A crown of leaves.
(c) A golden medal.
(d) A seat in the senate.
11. Which of the following sort of expenditures does Aristotle NOT consider to be honorably magnificent?
(a) Fitting a warship.
(b) Giving a splendid civic feast.
(c) Devotion to the gods.
(d) Hosting a private wedding.
12. Deliberation is, for Aristotle, principally about the things to be done by whom?
(c) The state.
(d) The community.
13. About what good and aim of politics do people commonly dispute, according to Aristotle?
14. With what is V.10 concerned?
(a) The oligarchy.
(b) The distributable.
(c) The aristocracy.
(d) The equitable.
15. In what does Aristotle say modern comedy consists, in IV.8?
(c) Foul language.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Aristotle, the good of the human person is the activity of the soul in accordance with what?
2. The equitable distribution of justice is a certain kind of what, according to Aristotle?
3. Living in accordance with virtue can be said to be what, according to Aristotle?
4. How many sorts of political justice are there by the count of Aristotle?
5. In I.12, Aristotle states that praise belongs properly to what?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)