|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person does Aristotle claim most notably feels love just in knowing a person, and not in receiving love returned?
(a) A father.
(b) A mother.
(c) A spouse.
(d) A just ruler.
2. Which alone among the virtues seems, for Aristotle, to be someone else's good?
3. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in deficiency of the virtue of courage?
4. For what do praise and blame come about, according to Aristotle in III.1?
(a) Willing actions.
(d) Unwilling actions.
5. For the sake of what does Aristotle state the courageous person endures the fearful?
(a) His family.
(b) The beautiful.
(d) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of people does Aristotle state seldom turn up in positions of power?
2. With what is V.10 concerned?
3. Aristotle compares the relationship between spiritedness and reason to the relationship between what?
4. The irrational part of the soul is said by Aristotle to be how many fold?
5. In Aristotle's view, what virtue necessarily accompanies or is within the virtue of magnificence?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)