|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Aristotle explicitly claim is better than acting unjustly in V.11?
(a) Suffering injustice.
(b) Justly treating others.
(c) Avoiding all injustice.
(d) Being treated justly.
2. Art, in the opinion of Aristotle, is concerned with what, according to VI.4?
3. Deliberation, as Aristotle states in VI.9, is a kind of what?
4. How many things does Aristotle state there are in the soul that govern action and truth?
5. What does Aristotle discuss as being an impediment to happiness, despite many having an opinion to the contrary, in VII.13?
(a) Pleasure itself.
(c) Pain itself.
(d) Good fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what two elements does Aristotle determine that wisdom is composed?
2. What sort of men, in Aristotle's observations, are most confident in the various situations of war?
3. In VIII.12, Aristotle states that every sort of friendship is in what?
4. What two things does Aristotle define as contraries in II.8?
5. What characterizes the mean condition between the two extremes discussed in IV.7?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)