|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Aristotle not list as a theory of that by which happiness comes about?
(a) Biological nature.
(c) Divine providence.
2. In what does Aristotle say modern comedy consists, in IV.8?
(b) Foul language.
3. Aristotle states that as a child needs an instructor, so too do the desiring parts of the soul need what?
(c) A body.
4. In the loving of what does Aristotle state there is no reciprocity, in VIII.2?
(d) Inanimate things.
5. Which of the following most accurately describes the behavior of one of the vices Aristotle discusses in IV.6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in deficiency of the virtue of courage?
2. Aristotle says that the magnanimous man cares more for what than for people's opinions?
3. Which virtue does Aristotle explicitly claim to be concerned with regarding the sorts of pleasures that concern the incontinent man, in VII.4?
4. What extreme is most comparable to the virtue of courage in the opinion of Aristotle?
5. From what does being in bad shape come to be evident, according to Aristotle?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)