|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a fitting word for the capacity that Aristotle describes as allowing people to easily achieve one's goal or object?
2. What virtue does Aristotle state is concerned with the same things, and is present in the same things, as friendship?
3. In how many ways are things called courage according to Aristotle in Book Three?
4. Deliberation is, for Aristotle, principally about the things to be done by whom?
(a) The state.
(b) The community.
5. What person does Aristotle claim most notably feels love just in knowing a person, and not in receiving love returned?
(a) A mother.
(b) A father.
(c) A just ruler.
(d) A spouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many types of virtue does Aristotle claim exist at the beginning of Book II?
2. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of Aristotle's magnanimous man?
3. What sort of pleasures are said by Aristotle to not have an excess?
4. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in excess of the virtue of courage?
5. With what virtue is III.10 concerned?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)