|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of men, in Aristotle's observations, are most confident in the various situations of war?
(a) The experienced.
(b) The ignorant.
(c) The naturally courageous.
(d) The reckless.
2. In I.12, Aristotle states that praise belongs properly to what?
3. How many conditions does Aristotle list as necessary for an act to be performed virtuously?
4. Which of the following aptly describes virtues and vices in a manner consistent with Aristotle's description?
(b) Active conditions.
(c) Intellectual states.
5. Concerning what do Aristotle and Socrates have a disagreement regarding the things that must be avoided that have to do with one's character?
Short Answer Questions
1. From Aristotle's perspective, against the yardstick of what do men generally compare their actions?
2. How does Aristotle say the lawmakers ought to treat people who act beautifully?
3. Aristotle states that one suffers injustice willingly in what situation?
4. In what do most people take refuge, according to the theory proposed by Aristotle, rather than perform virtuous acts?
5. What does Aristotle discuss as being an impediment to happiness, despite many having an opinion to the contrary, in VII.13?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)