|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aristotle states that one suffers injustice willingly in what situation?
(a) In no situation.
(b) In situations of poverty.
(c) In situations of judgment.
(d) In situations of sacrifice.
2. In addition to the life of pleasure and the life of politics, what is the third sort of life that Aristotle mentions?
(a) The hermetical life.
(b) The life of rebellion.
(c) The contemplative life.
(d) The life of servitude.
3. How many conditions does Aristotle list as necessary for an act to be performed virtuously?
4. What is demonstrated, in Aristotle's perspective, by the person who calmly bears misfortunes and sufferings?
(a) Something futile.
(b) Something unpredictable.
(c) Something hideous.
(d) Something beautiful.
5. A buffoon is described by Aristotle in IV.8 as someone who goes to extremes in order to make someone else do what?
(a) Abjure the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a fitting word for the capacity that Aristotle describes as allowing people to easily achieve one's goal or object?
2. What characterizes the mean condition between the two extremes discussed in IV.7?
3. Which word adequately indicates the character of the man whose vice is in opposition to that of the braggart, according to Aristotle's description?
4. About what good and aim of politics do people commonly dispute, according to Aristotle?
5. Concerning what do Aristotle and Socrates have a disagreement regarding the things that must be avoided that have to do with one's character?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)