|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following aptly describes virtues and vices in a manner consistent with Aristotle's description?
(a) Intellectual states.
(d) Active conditions.
2. Which sort of political justice is most universal in Aristotle's view?
3. What two things does Aristotle define as contraries in II.8?
(a) Vice and virtue.
(b) The excess and deficiency.
(c) The median and the mean.
(d) The extremes and the mean.
4. What did the Pythagoreans say is simply just?
5. According to Aristotle, the highest good must be something that is what?
(c) Easily obtained.
(d) Difficult to obtain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Concerning what do Aristotle and Socrates have a disagreement regarding the things that must be avoided that have to do with one's character?
2. For what do praise and blame come about, according to Aristotle in III.1?
3. In Aristotle's view, the sort of virtue which is concerned with pleasures and pains belongs to what?
4. With what is the second part of the reasoning part of the soul concerned in the view of Aristotle?
5. What sort of men, in Aristotle's observations, are most confident in the various situations of war?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)