|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to vices of the soul, what other negative condition does Aristotle say comes about willingly in some people, in III.5?
(a) Corruptions of the body.
(b) Corruptions of the community.
(c) Insufficiency of the intellect.
(d) Public indecency.
2. What word, by the description of Aristotle, well-describes the person who considers himself worthy of great things, or to be magnanimous, but is not?
3. Aristotle says that the magnanimous man cares more for what than for people's opinions?
4. What is the immediate source of action, according to Aristotle in VI.2?
5. In how many ways does Aristotle speak of good things in I.6?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is the mean determined, according to Aristotle's analysis in the beginning of Book VI?
2. What sort of pleasures are said by Aristotle to not have an excess?
3. What sort of person is opposite, in the opinion of Aristotle, the person who is soft?
4. What characterizes the mean condition between the two extremes discussed in IV.7?
5. Which of the powers of the soul that Aristotle claims is used to disclose truth is directed at the sources of truth?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)