|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The irrational part of the soul is said by Aristotle to be how many fold?
2. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in excess of the virtue of courage?
3. Which of the following aptly describes virtues and vices in a manner consistent with Aristotle's description?
(c) Intellectual states.
(d) Active conditions.
4. According to Aristotle, what is the mean condition between the vices of wastefulness and stinginess?
5. In I.12, Aristotle states that praise belongs properly to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difficulty Aristotle cites concerning the praise and blame of the moral quality of the actions of others?
2. What extreme is most comparable to the virtue of courage in the opinion of Aristotle?
3. In how many ways does Aristotle speak of good things in I.6?
4. What two things does Aristotle define as contraries in II.8?
5. The attainment of serious moral stature is described by Aristotle in II.9 as being what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)