|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is demonstrated, in Aristotle's perspective, by the person who calmly bears misfortunes and sufferings?
(a) Something futile.
(b) Something beautiful.
(c) Something unpredictable.
(d) Something hideous.
2. The irrational part of the soul is said by Aristotle to be how many fold?
3. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in excess of the virtue of courage?
4. Which of the following aptly describes virtues and vices in a manner consistent with Aristotle's description?
(c) Active conditions.
(d) Intellectual states.
5. In addition to the life of pleasure and the life of politics, what is the third sort of life that Aristotle mentions?
(a) The life of servitude.
(b) The hermetical life.
(c) The contemplative life.
(d) The life of rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of the following is politics imminently concerned, as described by Aristotle in I.3?
2. According to the Pythagoreans, the good belongs to what?
3. In the opinion of Aristotle, what is the governing and most masterful art under which all others fall, according to I.2?
4. At what does every action seem to aim, according to Aristotle?
5. In how many ways does Aristotle speak of the mean in II.6?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)