|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difficulty Aristotle cites concerning the praise and blame of the moral quality of the actions of others?
(a) Distance from prejudice.
(b) Judging in relation to the mean.
(c) Extrapolation of the truth.
(d) Restraint of the masses.
2. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in deficiency of the virtue of courage?
3. For Aristotle, the good of the human person is the activity of the soul in accordance with what?
(a) The most complete virtue.
(b) The free exercise of the will.
(c) The acquisition of power.
(d) Radical autonomy.
4. According to Aristotle, what is the mean condition between the vices of wastefulness and stinginess?
5. In addition to the life of pleasure and the life of politics, what is the third sort of life that Aristotle mentions?
(a) The life of rebellion.
(b) The life of servitude.
(c) The hermetical life.
(d) The contemplative life.
Short Answer Questions
1. By human excellence, Aristotle means what?
2. How many conditions does Aristotle list as necessary for an act to be performed virtuously?
3. Aristotle states in I.6 that it is nobler to give the higher honor to which of the following?
4. In how many ways does Aristotle speak of the mean in II.6?
5. With which of the following is politics imminently concerned, as described by Aristotle in I.3?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)