|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what two elements does Aristotle determine that wisdom is composed?
(a) Art and intellect.
(b) Practical judgment and knowledge.
(c) Knowledge and intellect.
(d) Intellect and practical judgment.
2. What, in the observations of Aristotle, becomes of a man who is given the power to rule and gives himself more of what is good in itself?
(a) He becomes a tyrant.
(b) He becomes greedy.
(c) He is punished by law.
(d) He is soon killed.
3. By what means, according to Aristotle in V.5, does a community or a city stay together?
4. Which word adequately indicates the character of the man whose vice is in opposition to that of the braggart, according to Aristotle's description?
5. Where is the source of a willing act located, according to Aristotle?
(a) External to oneself.
(b) In oneself.
(c) In one's nature.
(d) In one's disposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Deliberation is, for Aristotle, principally about the things to be done by whom?
2. Aristotle states that one suffers injustice willingly in what situation?
3. For what sort of living environment does Aristotle say the human being is meant in IX.9?
4. To whom does man look concerning things good and bad, as stated by Aristotle in VII.11?
5. Which of the following aptly describes virtues and vices in a manner consistent with Aristotle's description?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)