|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what period of life does Aristotle state that the friendship of utility most frequently appears?
(a) Middle age.
(c) Old age.
(d) One's prime.
2. How many types of virtue does Aristotle claim exist at the beginning of Book II?
3. How many powers of the soul does Aristotle claim disclose truth by discursive reasoning?
4. How many virtues does magnanimity require, for Aristotle, in order to be in a person?
(a) Three of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Most of them.
(d) All of them.
5. Aristotle says in IX.10 that too many friendships of what type are obstacles to living beautifully?
(c) All types.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of men, in Aristotle's observations, are most confident in the various situations of war?
2. In Aristotle's view, the sort of virtue which is concerned with pleasures and pains belongs to what?
3. In the opinion of Aristotle, what is the governing and most masterful art under which all others fall, according to I.2?
4. What sort of person is opposite, in the opinion of Aristotle, the person who is soft?
5. What extreme is most comparable to the virtue of courage in the opinion of Aristotle?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)