|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opinion of Aristotle, what is the governing and most masterful art under which all others fall, according to I.2?
2. In how many ways does Aristotle speak of good things in I.6?
3. The attainment of serious moral stature is described by Aristotle in II.9 as being what?
(b) Almost impossible.
(c) Hard work.
4. By human excellence, Aristotle means what?
(a) That which belongs to mankind.
(b) That which belongs to the individual.
(c) That which belongs to the body.
(d) That which belongs to the soul.
5. About what does man deliberate, according to Aristotle in III.3?
(a) Things related to the end.
(b) Things related to the means.
(c) The ends themselves.
(d) Things related to the self.
Short Answer Questions
1. Living in accordance with virtue can be said to be what, according to Aristotle?
2. What causes a distortion to come about in most people, according to the opinion of Aristotle in III.4?
3. About what good and aim of politics do people commonly dispute, according to Aristotle?
4. At what does every action seem to aim, according to Aristotle?
5. With what two conditions is courage principally concerned, according to Aristotle?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)