|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what good and aim of politics do people commonly dispute, according to Aristotle?
2. With what virtue is III.10 concerned?
3. With which of the following is politics imminently concerned, as described by Aristotle in I.3?
(a) The nature of power.
(b) The codification of law.
(c) The nature of justice.
(d) Foreign affairs.
4. According to Aristotle, to what degree do the fortunes of one's family and friends likely impact the deceased?
(a) A great degree.
(b) No amount at all.
(c) An almost infinite amount.
(d) A small degree.
5. In the opinion of Aristotle, what is the governing and most masterful art under which all others fall, according to I.2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aristotle's view, the sort of virtue which is concerned with pleasures and pains belongs to what?
2. For Aristotle, the good of the human person is the activity of the soul in accordance with what?
3. In Aristotle's thinking, the function of man is an activity of soul which follows upon or implies the soul's possession of what?
4. The attainment of serious moral stature is described by Aristotle in II.9 as being what?
5. By human excellence, Aristotle means what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)