|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sorts of political justice are there by the count of Aristotle?
2. For what do praise and blame come about, according to Aristotle in III.1?
(b) Willing actions.
(d) Unwilling actions.
3. Which alone among the virtues seems, for Aristotle, to be someone else's good?
4. In contrast to wishing, which is for an end, for what is choosing in Aristotle's philosophical view?
(a) Things related to others.
(b) Things related to the self.
(c) Things related to the end.
(d) Things related to the means.
5. What did the Pythagoreans say is simply just?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aristotle states that as a child needs an instructor, so too do the desiring parts of the soul need what?
2. Aristotle claims that a man is inspired to take more than his due out of which vice?
3. Which of the following does Aristotle explicitly claim is better than acting unjustly in V.11?
4. Aristotle states, in Book VIII, that friendship is a kind of what?
5. In how many ways are things called courage according to Aristotle in Book Three?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)