|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What determines the proper level of affection that one ought to give another, according to Aristotle?
2. How many sorts of political justice are there by the count of Aristotle?
3. From Aristotle's perspective, what sort of friendship do complaints and reproaches most frequently arise?
4. Deliberation is, for Aristotle, principally about the things to be done by whom?
(b) The community.
(d) The state.
5. Which of the following does Aristotle explicitly claim is better than acting unjustly in V.11?
(a) Justly treating others.
(b) Suffering injustice.
(c) Avoiding all injustice.
(d) Being treated justly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amongst what age group does Aristotle report observing friendships forming less frequently?
2. By doing what, in the opinion of Aristotle, does man make himself a certain sort of person?
3. Where is the source of a willing act located, according to Aristotle?
4. Aristotle states that as a child needs an instructor, so too do the desiring parts of the soul need what?
5. In how many ways are things called courage according to Aristotle in Book Three?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)