|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
2. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
(a) Credit cards
3. What city in Minnesota does Barbara choose in order to find a new job in her assignment?
(b) St. Paul Town
(d) Salmon Lake
4. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
5. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
(a) She's an atheist
(b) She told herself she wouldn't
(c) She has no money
(d) She doesn't like to go out
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the diabetic that sneaks donuts at the Woodcrest residential facility where the author works her second job?
2. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
3. Barbara begins to realize that she is acting like an unhappy __________ when she argues with another worker at Wal-Mart.
4. What is the title of the job Barbara takes at the Woodcrest residential facility, an elder care facility?
5. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the unattractive young cook at the elder care facility reveal to Barbara as they are out on a smoke break?
2. What comes in the emergency food package that Barbara eventually gets from the Community Emergency Assistance Program?
3. Why does the author decide to go to Maine for her next working assignment?
4. What is the story of Caroline, the women Barbara uses as a guide to her own difficult situation in Minneapolis?
5. When Barbara's skin breaks out in an odd rash, what does her boss seem to think the problem is?
6. What is the one line of work that Barbara does not even apply for since she does not have the proper clothing?
7. What does Menards offers to Barbara eventually when they call up to hire her?
8. When Barbara goes back to Wal-Mart in order to fill out a new test, what happens when she gets a few wrong?
9. What surprises Barbara about the cleaning method of The Maids, as described in the book?
10. What does the long employment test at a Wal-Mart job fair seem to be trying to do?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)