|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
2. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
3. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
(a) Their cars
(b) Friends' homes
4. Barbara is horrified to see that The Maids use very little _________ when they are cleaning.
5. Because of the low wages that are paid in the area, people who are working at minimum wage are expected to ____________.
(a) Hold multiple jobs
(c) Argue at the interview
(d) Work longer hours
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the job Barbara takes at the Woodcrest residential facility, an elder care facility?
2. When Barbara returns to her home in Clearview, she finds out that __________ is covering the floor of her room, requiring her to move to a new one.
3. Wal-Mart contends that _______ take money from workers and risk the wages of workers
4. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
5. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)