|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
2. Frequently, owners of homes will set up ___________ to keep an eye on the housekeeping help that are in their homes
(a) Private investigators
(b) Large spills
(c) Times to watch them
(d) Hidden cameras
3. Given that The Maids are paid _______, Barbara doesn't understand why they need to rush through their duties.
4. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
5. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
(a) Twin Lakes
(b) Blue Waters
(d) Blue Gill
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the job Barbara takes at the Woodcrest residential facility, an elder care facility?
2. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
3. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
4. Barbara is horrified to see that The Maids use very little _________ when they are cleaning.
5. What is the one thing Barbara will be able to avoid a bit more from her new apartment's location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the second job that the author takes on in addition to the maid job in Maine?
2. What does the unattractive young cook at the elder care facility reveal to Barbara as they are out on a smoke break?
3. When Barbara's skin breaks out in an odd rash, what does her boss seem to think the problem is?
4. What does Barbara decide about the entire hiring process after noticing she didn't even ask about salary at Menards?
5. What does the prissy women at the first Maids job Barbara is on do for her baby?
6. What does the long employment test at a Wal-Mart job fair seem to be trying to do?
7. What does Barbara do as the focus of her job at Wal-Mart, as it becomes clearer on the first shift?
8. Describe what 'time theft' is according to Wal-Mart and its slick produced videos that the author watches during orientation.
9. What does Menards offers to Barbara eventually when they call up to hire her?
10. What comes in the emergency food package that Barbara eventually gets from the Community Emergency Assistance Program?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)