|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the miraculous vacuum cleaner, Lori and Pauline's __________ are ruined and wrecked.
(c) Hair cuts
2. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
3. Barbara begins to realize that she is acting like an unhappy __________ when she argues with another worker at Wal-Mart.
4. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Servant leaders
(b) Slave drivers
(d) Growth managers
5. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
2. What is the first thing the woman in #118 found in order to help her get started in her new life?
3. ___________ is a Christian with a working husband and grown children, some of who have had major problems in their life.
4. What is the next place Barbara goes to in order to try to avoid drug testing and get more money?
5. Barbara doesn't even apply for ___________ since she knows she doesn't have the clothing for this type of work.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rate of pay that the Merry Maids claims to offer to those who work for them?
2. What is the one line of work that Barbara does not even apply for since she does not have the proper clothing?
3. What is the story of Caroline, the women Barbara uses as a guide to her own difficult situation in Minneapolis?
4. What does Menards offers to Barbara eventually when they call up to hire her?
5. Describe what 'time theft' is according to Wal-Mart and its slick produced videos that the author watches during orientation.
6. What are the titles that Wal-Mart wants its employees to think of themselves as?
7. What comes in the emergency food package that Barbara eventually gets from the Community Emergency Assistance Program?
8. When Barbara goes back to Wal-Mart in order to fill out a new test, what happens when she gets a few wrong?
9. What is the one upside of the Twin Lakes apartment that compels Barbara to sign up for a lease there?
10. When Barbara's skin breaks out in an odd rash, what does her boss seem to think the problem is?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)