|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing Barbara will be able to avoid a bit more from her new apartment's location?
(c) Dog park
2. What is hurting Barbara as she is filling up the dishwasher with dishes and carrying away the dirty items?
(a) Her back
(c) Her head
(d) Her hands
3. Barbara thinks she is supposed to _____________ on her shift, but no one else on her shift does.
(a) Greet customers
(b) Fold clothing
(c) Keep moving
(d) Straighten up the store
4. What city in Minnesota does Barbara choose in order to find a new job in her assignment?
(a) St. Paul Town
(c) Salmon Lake
5. What drug is Barbara afraid might skew the results of a drug test she might have to take?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ is a Christian with a working husband and grown children, some of who have had major problems in their life.
2. In what department does Barbara find she will work when she is as employee for Wal-Mart?
3. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
4. What does the author have to do once she is done with the testing process at Wal-Mart?
5. What does Barbara continue to look for since she does not know the result of her drug test?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author decide to go to Maine for her next working assignment?
2. What does the prissy women at the first Maids job Barbara is on do for her baby?
3. What does the author do on a night when she has nothing to do and no money to spend on entertainment?
4. When Barbara goes back to Wal-Mart in order to fill out a new test, what happens when she gets a few wrong?
5. What are the titles that Wal-Mart wants its employees to think of themselves as?
6. Describe what 'time theft' is according to Wal-Mart and its slick produced videos that the author watches during orientation.
7. What is the rate of pay that the Merry Maids claims to offer to those who work for them?
8. What does Barbara decide about the entire hiring process after noticing she didn't even ask about salary at Menards?
9. What is the second job that the author takes on in addition to the maid job in Maine?
10. What does the long employment test at a Wal-Mart job fair seem to be trying to do?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)