|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Barbara returns to her home in Clearview, she finds out that __________ is covering the floor of her room, requiring her to move to a new one.
(c) Bug infestation
2. What is interesting about the test Barbara takes when she applies at Wal-Mart again?
(a) There is no record of her last test
(b) It's not the same as the last one she took
(c) She fails the test and gets thrown out
(d) She gets answers 'wrong'
3. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
4. Given that The Maids are paid _______, Barbara doesn't understand why they need to rush through their duties.
5. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
2. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
3. The Maids say the work they do will be easy because cleaning is in our __________, notes Barbara.
4. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
5. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rate of pay that the Merry Maids claims to offer to those who work for them?
2. Describe what 'time theft' is according to Wal-Mart and its slick produced videos that the author watches during orientation.
3. What is the one line of work that Barbara does not even apply for since she does not have the proper clothing?
4. What does the author admit to doing which is making her a little nervous about the drug test she needs to take?
5. What does the prissy women at the first Maids job Barbara is on do for her baby?
6. What does the long employment test at a Wal-Mart job fair seem to be trying to do?
7. What are the titles that Wal-Mart wants its employees to think of themselves as?
8. What surprises Barbara about the cleaning method of The Maids, as described in the book?
9. What does Barbara decide about the entire hiring process after noticing she didn't even ask about salary at Menards?
10. What is Barbara's living arrangement when she first gets into town in Minneapolis?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)