|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one company want her to sell, promising her $1650 for doing 54 two hour appointments?
(a) Vacuum cleaner
(d) Air purifier
2. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
3. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
(a) Her sweater
(b) Her driver's license
(c) Her purse
(d) Her jacket
4. The thing Barbara hates to clean most of all is _________ in the bathrooms of their customers.
5. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
(a) She has no money
(b) She's an atheist
(c) She told herself she wouldn't
(d) She doesn't like to go out
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
2. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
3. Rosalie worked so hard as a _____________ in her childhood that her rotator cuff is damaged, though she continues to work through the pain.
4. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
5. What drug is Barbara afraid might skew the results of a drug test she might have to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the workers in Portland, Maine expected to do as the wages seem to be falling between $6 and $7 an hour?
2. Why so the Maids think that the job they are offering is easy for someone to learn and to do?
3. What is the rate of pay that the Merry Maids claims to offer to those who work for them?
4. Describe what 'time theft' is according to Wal-Mart and its slick produced videos that the author watches during orientation.
5. When Barbara's skin breaks out in an odd rash, what does her boss seem to think the problem is?
6. When Barbara goes back to Wal-Mart in order to fill out a new test, what happens when she gets a few wrong?
7. What comes in the emergency food package that Barbara eventually gets from the Community Emergency Assistance Program?
8. What is the one upside of the Twin Lakes apartment that compels Barbara to sign up for a lease there?
9. What does the author do on a night when she has nothing to do and no money to spend on entertainment?
10. What is the second job that the author takes on in addition to the maid job in Maine?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)