|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara is horrified to see that The Maids use very little _________ when they are cleaning.
2. Given that The Maids are paid _______, Barbara doesn't understand why they need to rush through their duties.
3. The Maids say the work they do will be easy because cleaning is in our __________, notes Barbara.
(d) City's values
4. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
5. Who is the diabetic that sneaks donuts at the Woodcrest residential facility where the author works her second job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
2. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
3. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
4. Marge and Holly talk about how low wage ____________ even look down on maids when they are out.
5. What is the first thing the woman in #118 found in order to help her get started in her new life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Menards offers to Barbara eventually when they call up to hire her?
2. What does the prissy women at the first Maids job Barbara is on do for her baby?
3. What is the story of Caroline, the women Barbara uses as a guide to her own difficult situation in Minneapolis?
4. What is the one line of work that Barbara does not even apply for since she does not have the proper clothing?
5. What does the author do on a night when she has nothing to do and no money to spend on entertainment?
6. What is the second job that the author takes on in addition to the maid job in Maine?
7. Why does the author decide to go to Maine for her next working assignment?
8. When Barbara goes back to Wal-Mart in order to fill out a new test, what happens when she gets a few wrong?
9. What is the one upside of the Twin Lakes apartment that compels Barbara to sign up for a lease there?
10. What are the titles that Wal-Mart wants its employees to think of themselves as?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)