|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
2. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(b) Will greatly
(d) Does not
3. What does one company want her to sell, promising her $1650 for doing 54 two hour appointments?
(b) Air purifier
(d) Vacuum cleaner
4. Frequently, owners of homes will set up ___________ to keep an eye on the housekeeping help that are in their homes
(a) Hidden cameras
(b) Times to watch them
(c) Large spills
(d) Private investigators
5. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
2. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
3. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
4. What city in Minnesota does Barbara choose in order to find a new job in her assignment?
5. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author decide to go to Maine for her next working assignment?
2. What is the story of Caroline, the women Barbara uses as a guide to her own difficult situation in Minneapolis?
3. What does Menards offers to Barbara eventually when they call up to hire her?
4. When Barbara's skin breaks out in an odd rash, what does her boss seem to think the problem is?
5. What does the author admit to doing which is making her a little nervous about the drug test she needs to take?
6. What does the long employment test at a Wal-Mart job fair seem to be trying to do?
7. What are the titles that Wal-Mart wants its employees to think of themselves as?
8. Why so the Maids think that the job they are offering is easy for someone to learn and to do?
9. What surprises Barbara about the cleaning method of The Maids, as described in the book?
10. What are the workers in Portland, Maine expected to do as the wages seem to be falling between $6 and $7 an hour?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)