|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____________ market proves to be a challenge in the city Barbara moves to in Minnesota.
2. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
(a) 8 hours
(b) 11 hours
(c) 2 hours
(d) 4 hours
3. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
(a) She is quitting
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She is dying
(d) She is sleeping with Ted
4. Nobody seems to make eye contact, Barbara notes, when she applies at _____________, which strikes her as weird.
(c) Salvation Army
5. Barbara begins to realize that she is acting like an unhappy __________ when she argues with another worker at Wal-Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barbara thinks the fact she is __________ will help her since she will not stand out from others.
2. What city in Minnesota does Barbara choose in order to find a new job in her assignment?
3. Marge and Holly talk about how low wage ____________ even look down on maids when they are out.
4. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
5. What is the one thing Barbara will be able to avoid a bit more from her new apartment's location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one upside of the Twin Lakes apartment that compels Barbara to sign up for a lease there?
2. Why so the Maids think that the job they are offering is easy for someone to learn and to do?
3. What are the titles that Wal-Mart wants its employees to think of themselves as?
4. What does the long employment test at a Wal-Mart job fair seem to be trying to do?
5. What is the second job that the author takes on in addition to the maid job in Maine?
6. What does Barbara decide about the entire hiring process after noticing she didn't even ask about salary at Menards?
7. What is the one line of work that Barbara does not even apply for since she does not have the proper clothing?
8. What surprises Barbara about the cleaning method of The Maids, as described in the book?
9. When Barbara's skin breaks out in an odd rash, what does her boss seem to think the problem is?
10. After Barbara takes her drug test, what does she do in terms of her job hunting?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)