|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
2. Nobody seems to make eye contact, Barbara notes, when she applies at _____________, which strikes her as weird.
(a) Salvation Army
3. What does Barbara continue to look for since she does not know the result of her drug test?
(a) Drug pass kits
(b) Things to do
4. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
(b) Energy bars
5. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Barbara doesn't even apply for ___________ since she knows she doesn't have the clothing for this type of work.
2. Barbara thinks she is supposed to _____________ on her shift, but no one else on her shift does.
3. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
4. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
5. ___________ is a Christian with a working husband and grown children, some of who have had major problems in their life.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why so the Maids think that the job they are offering is easy for someone to learn and to do?
2. What does the author admit to doing which is making her a little nervous about the drug test she needs to take?
3. Describe what 'time theft' is according to Wal-Mart and its slick produced videos that the author watches during orientation.
4. What is the second job that the author takes on in addition to the maid job in Maine?
5. What is the story of Caroline, the women Barbara uses as a guide to her own difficult situation in Minneapolis?
6. When Barbara goes back to Wal-Mart in order to fill out a new test, what happens when she gets a few wrong?
7. What does the unattractive young cook at the elder care facility reveal to Barbara as they are out on a smoke break?
8. What does Barbara do as the focus of her job at Wal-Mart, as it becomes clearer on the first shift?
9. What does the prissy women at the first Maids job Barbara is on do for her baby?
10. What does the long employment test at a Wal-Mart job fair seem to be trying to do?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)