|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is sleeping with Ted
(c) She is quitting
(d) She is dying
2. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
3. What costs $10 to use when she is staying at the Clearview Inn before her apartment will be ready?
4. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
5. The thing Barbara hates to clean most of all is _________ in the bathrooms of their customers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
2. What is the one thing Barbara will be able to avoid a bit more from her new apartment's location?
3. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
4. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
5. Marge and Holly talk about how low wage ____________ even look down on maids when they are out.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Barbara's living arrangement when she first gets into town in Minneapolis?
2. What does Barbara do as the focus of her job at Wal-Mart, as it becomes clearer on the first shift?
3. After Barbara takes her drug test, what does she do in terms of her job hunting?
4. What is the story of Caroline, the women Barbara uses as a guide to her own difficult situation in Minneapolis?
5. What are the workers in Portland, Maine expected to do as the wages seem to be falling between $6 and $7 an hour?
6. What is the one line of work that Barbara does not even apply for since she does not have the proper clothing?
7. What does the prissy women at the first Maids job Barbara is on do for her baby?
8. What does Barbara decide about the entire hiring process after noticing she didn't even ask about salary at Menards?
9. What comes in the emergency food package that Barbara eventually gets from the Community Emergency Assistance Program?
10. What does the author admit to doing which is making her a little nervous about the drug test she needs to take?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)