|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara begins to realize that she is acting like an unhappy __________ when she argues with another worker at Wal-Mart.
2. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Servant leaders
(b) Slave drivers
(d) Growth managers
3. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
4. What costs $10 to use when she is staying at the Clearview Inn before her apartment will be ready?
5. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
2. Who does Barbara have to hide from when she is trying to make a last ditch effort to find a place to stay when in Minnesota?
3. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
4. What are employees to think of themselves as when they are working for Wal-Mart?
5. The workers have troubles coming up with two dollars to buy a new ___________ when one is left behind at the office.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the unattractive young cook at the elder care facility reveal to Barbara as they are out on a smoke break?
2. What are the titles that Wal-Mart wants its employees to think of themselves as?
3. After Barbara takes her drug test, what does she do in terms of her job hunting?
4. What is the story of Caroline, the women Barbara uses as a guide to her own difficult situation in Minneapolis?
5. What is the rate of pay that the Merry Maids claims to offer to those who work for them?
6. When Barbara goes back to Wal-Mart in order to fill out a new test, what happens when she gets a few wrong?
7. What comes in the emergency food package that Barbara eventually gets from the Community Emergency Assistance Program?
8. What does the long employment test at a Wal-Mart job fair seem to be trying to do?
9. What are the workers in Portland, Maine expected to do as the wages seem to be falling between $6 and $7 an hour?
10. When Barbara's skin breaks out in an odd rash, what does her boss seem to think the problem is?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)