|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
2. The _____________ market proves to be a challenge in the city Barbara moves to in Minnesota.
3. What costs $10 to use when she is staying at the Clearview Inn before her apartment will be ready?
4. What is the title of the job Barbara takes at the Woodcrest residential facility, an elder care facility?
(b) Medical assistant
(c) Dietary aid
(d) Nurse's aide
5. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
(a) Friends' homes
(c) Their cars
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
2. What does Barbara continue to look for since she does not know the result of her drug test?
3. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
4. Barbara doesn't even apply for ___________ since she knows she doesn't have the clothing for this type of work.
5. ___________ is a Christian with a working husband and grown children, some of who have had major problems in their life.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the workers in Portland, Maine expected to do as the wages seem to be falling between $6 and $7 an hour?
2. What does the author do on a night when she has nothing to do and no money to spend on entertainment?
3. What does the prissy women at the first Maids job Barbara is on do for her baby?
4. Describe what 'time theft' is according to Wal-Mart and its slick produced videos that the author watches during orientation.
5. What is the one upside of the Twin Lakes apartment that compels Barbara to sign up for a lease there?
6. What is the one line of work that Barbara does not even apply for since she does not have the proper clothing?
7. What does Menards offers to Barbara eventually when they call up to hire her?
8. What does Barbara do as the focus of her job at Wal-Mart, as it becomes clearer on the first shift?
9. What is the second job that the author takes on in addition to the maid job in Maine?
10. When Barbara's skin breaks out in an odd rash, what does her boss seem to think the problem is?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)