|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the diabetic that sneaks donuts at the Woodcrest residential facility where the author works her second job?
2. Who does Barbara have to hide from when she is trying to make a last ditch effort to find a place to stay when in Minnesota?
3. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(a) Sam Walton
(c) A police officer
(d) The loss prevention team
4. What is interesting about the test Barbara takes when she applies at Wal-Mart again?
(a) It's not the same as the last one she took
(b) She gets answers 'wrong'
(c) She fails the test and gets thrown out
(d) There is no record of her last test
5. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Growth managers
(b) Slave drivers
(d) Servant leaders
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara continue to look for since she does not know the result of her drug test?
2. In what department does Barbara find she will work when she is as employee for Wal-Mart?
3. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
4. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
5. What is the first thing the woman in #118 found in order to help her get started in her new life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the unattractive young cook at the elder care facility reveal to Barbara as they are out on a smoke break?
2. When Barbara goes back to Wal-Mart in order to fill out a new test, what happens when she gets a few wrong?
3. What does Menards offers to Barbara eventually when they call up to hire her?
4. What does the author do on a night when she has nothing to do and no money to spend on entertainment?
5. Why does the author decide to go to Maine for her next working assignment?
6. After Barbara takes her drug test, what does she do in terms of her job hunting?
7. What does Barbara do as the focus of her job at Wal-Mart, as it becomes clearer on the first shift?
8. What comes in the emergency food package that Barbara eventually gets from the Community Emergency Assistance Program?
9. What is the second job that the author takes on in addition to the maid job in Maine?
10. What are the titles that Wal-Mart wants its employees to think of themselves as?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)