|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the miraculous vacuum cleaner, Lori and Pauline's __________ are ruined and wrecked.
(c) Hair cuts
2. Given that The Maids are paid _______, Barbara doesn't understand why they need to rush through their duties.
3. Where does Barbara rent a room until she is able to find housing that will work for her?
(a) Holiday Inn
(b) Super 8
(c) Howard Johnson
(d) Motel 6
4. What is the next place Barbara goes to in order to try to avoid drug testing and get more money?
(a) Home Depot
5. What is hurting Barbara as she is filling up the dishwasher with dishes and carrying away the dirty items?
(a) Her hands
(b) Her head
(c) Her back
6. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
7. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
(c) Tool belt
8. What does one company want her to sell, promising her $1650 for doing 54 two hour appointments?
(a) Air purifier
(d) Vacuum cleaner
9. _____________ has to support her husband and an elderly relative on 30 to 50 dollars each week.
10. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
(b) Credit cards
11. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
(a) 4 hours
(b) 8 hours
(c) 2 hours
(d) 11 hours
12. What is the first thing the woman in #118 found in order to help her get started in her new life?
(a) Welfare office
(b) Church group
(c) A job
(d) A motel
13. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
14. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is sleeping with Ted
(c) She is dying
(d) She is quitting
15. Wal-Mart contends that _______ take money from workers and risk the wages of workers
(a) Time thieves
Short Answer Questions
1. The Maids calculate their wages by ________, which makes it difficult to know what a person is being paid.
2. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
3. Barbara thinks the fact she is __________ will help her since she will not stand out from others.
4. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
5. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)