|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
2. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(c) Does not
(d) Will greatly
3. What is interesting about the test Barbara takes when she applies at Wal-Mart again?
(a) It's not the same as the last one she took
(b) There is no record of her last test
(c) She fails the test and gets thrown out
(d) She gets answers 'wrong'
4. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
5. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(a) Sam Walton
(b) A police officer
(d) The loss prevention team
6. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
(b) Move around
7. Barbara notes that Wal-Mart is a __________ system and when one is working there, one forgets there is an outside world.
8. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
9. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
(a) 11 hours
(b) 4 hours
(c) 2 hours
(d) 8 hours
10. When any employees does something for his or herself instead of for the store, Wal-Mart calls them a ____________.
(a) Wal-Mart enemy
(b) Bad worker
(c) Time thief
(d) Poor choice worker
11. Who is the diabetic that sneaks donuts at the Woodcrest residential facility where the author works her second job?
12. The _____________ market proves to be a challenge in the city Barbara moves to in Minnesota.
13. Barbara thinks she is supposed to _____________ on her shift, but no one else on her shift does.
(a) Fold clothing
(b) Keep moving
(c) Greet customers
(d) Straighten up the store
14. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
(c) Credit cards
15. Frequently, owners of homes will set up ___________ to keep an eye on the housekeeping help that are in their homes
(a) Hidden cameras
(b) Times to watch them
(c) Private investigators
(d) Large spills
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug is Barbara afraid might skew the results of a drug test she might have to take?
2. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
3. The Maids say the work they do will be easy because cleaning is in our __________, notes Barbara.
4. Marge and Holly talk about how low wage ____________ even look down on maids when they are out.
5. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)