|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ has to support her husband and an elderly relative on 30 to 50 dollars each week.
2. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(a) Will greatly
(c) Does not
3. Ruthie decides to pour _____________ on Barbara's breakfast and jokes again and again that Barbara should be called Barbara Bush.
(a) Orange juice
(b) Tobasco sause
4. The author meets a prissy woman who tracks her baby's _______________ with the help of a chart.
(a) Bowel movements
5. Despite the miraculous vacuum cleaner, Lori and Pauline's __________ are ruined and wrecked.
(a) Hair cuts
6. The workers have troubles coming up with two dollars to buy a new ___________ when one is left behind at the office.
(d) Bottle of cleaner
7. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
(b) Credit cards
8. Rosalie worked so hard as a _____________ in her childhood that her rotator cuff is damaged, though she continues to work through the pain.
(c) Berry picker
(d) Rice picker
9. What is the next place Barbara goes to in order to try to avoid drug testing and get more money?
(b) Home Depot
10. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
(d) Move around
11. What does the author have to do once she is done with the testing process at Wal-Mart?
(a) Train five new people
(b) Read a book
(c) Start a shift
(d) Drug test
12. Nobody seems to make eye contact, Barbara notes, when she applies at _____________, which strikes her as weird.
(d) Salvation Army
13. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
14. What is interesting about the test Barbara takes when she applies at Wal-Mart again?
(a) She fails the test and gets thrown out
(b) She gets answers 'wrong'
(c) It's not the same as the last one she took
(d) There is no record of her last test
15. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
2. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
3. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
4. What does Barbara continue to look for since she does not know the result of her drug test?
5. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)