|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
(b) Move around
2. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
3. Barbara thinks the fact she is __________ will help her since she will not stand out from others.
(a) A single woman
(b) A yuppie
(d) A divorced woman
4. Where does Barbara rent a room until she is able to find housing that will work for her?
(a) Motel 6
(b) Holiday Inn
(c) Howard Johnson
(d) Super 8
5. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
(a) Her sweater
(b) Her driver's license
(c) Her jacket
(d) Her purse
6. _____________ has to support her husband and an elderly relative on 30 to 50 dollars each week.
7. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
8. What costs $10 to use when she is staying at the Clearview Inn before her apartment will be ready?
9. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
(a) She is quitting
(b) She is sleeping with Ted
(c) She is dying
(d) She is pregnant
10. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
(a) Credit cards
11. When Barbara returns to her home in Clearview, she finds out that __________ is covering the floor of her room, requiring her to move to a new one.
(c) Bug infestation
12. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(b) Will greatly
(c) Does not
13. Rosalie worked so hard as a _____________ in her childhood that her rotator cuff is damaged, though she continues to work through the pain.
(a) Berry picker
(d) Rice picker
14. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
(a) She has no money
(b) She told herself she wouldn't
(c) She's an atheist
(d) She doesn't like to go out
15. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
2. Who does Barbara have to hide from when she is trying to make a last ditch effort to find a place to stay when in Minnesota?
3. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
4. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
5. The Maids say the work they do will be easy because cleaning is in our __________, notes Barbara.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)