|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
(a) Twin Lakes
(c) Blue Waters
(d) Blue Gill
2. Nobody seems to make eye contact, Barbara notes, when she applies at _____________, which strikes her as weird.
(b) Salvation Army
3. Barbara notes that Wal-Mart is a __________ system and when one is working there, one forgets there is an outside world.
4. When any employees does something for his or herself instead of for the store, Wal-Mart calls them a ____________.
(a) Time thief
(b) Wal-Mart enemy
(c) Bad worker
(d) Poor choice worker
5. Despite the miraculous vacuum cleaner, Lori and Pauline's __________ are ruined and wrecked.
(a) Hair cuts
6. What city in Minnesota does Barbara choose in order to find a new job in her assignment?
(b) Salmon Lake
(c) St. Paul Town
7. Barbara is horrified to see that The Maids use very little _________ when they are cleaning.
8. Wal-Mart contends that _______ take money from workers and risk the wages of workers
(a) Time thieves
9. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
10. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
11. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
(c) Tool belt
12. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(a) A police officer
(b) The loss prevention team
(d) Sam Walton
13. Barbara thinks the fact she is __________ will help her since she will not stand out from others.
(a) A yuppie
(c) A single woman
(d) A divorced woman
14. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(a) Will greatly
(c) Does not
15. What drug is Barbara afraid might skew the results of a drug test she might have to take?
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
2. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
3. The Maids calculate their wages by ________, which makes it difficult to know what a person is being paid.
4. The workers have troubles coming up with two dollars to buy a new ___________ when one is left behind at the office.
5. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)