|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
2. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
(c) Energy bars
3. The workers have troubles coming up with two dollars to buy a new ___________ when one is left behind at the office.
(c) Bottle of cleaner
4. What is the title of the job Barbara takes at the Woodcrest residential facility, an elder care facility?
(a) Medical assistant
(b) Dietary aid
(d) Nurse's aide
5. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
6. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(b) Does not
(d) Will greatly
7. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
8. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
9. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
10. Because of the low wages that are paid in the area, people who are working at minimum wage are expected to ____________.
(a) Hold multiple jobs
(c) Argue at the interview
(d) Work longer hours
11. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
12. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
13. What is the first thing the woman in #118 found in order to help her get started in her new life?
(a) Church group
(b) A motel
(c) A job
(d) Welfare office
14. Ruthie decides to pour _____________ on Barbara's breakfast and jokes again and again that Barbara should be called Barbara Bush.
(c) Orange juice
(d) Tobasco sause
15. What city in Minnesota does Barbara choose in order to find a new job in her assignment?
(a) Salmon Lake
(b) St. Paul Town
Short Answer Questions
1. Barbara thinks the fact she is __________ will help her since she will not stand out from others.
2. The thing Barbara hates to clean most of all is _________ in the bathrooms of their customers.
3. Nobody seems to make eye contact, Barbara notes, when she applies at _____________, which strikes her as weird.
4. Barbara notes that Wal-Mart is a __________ system and when one is working there, one forgets there is an outside world.
5. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)