|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are employees to think of themselves as when they are working for Wal-Mart?
2. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(b) The loss prevention team
(c) Sam Walton
(d) A police officer
3. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
4. _____________ has to support her husband and an elderly relative on 30 to 50 dollars each week.
5. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
6. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
(a) Tool belt
7. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
8. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is quitting
(c) She is dying
(d) She is sleeping with Ted
9. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
10. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
11. What is the title of the job Barbara takes at the Woodcrest residential facility, an elder care facility?
(b) Dietary aid
(c) Medical assistant
(d) Nurse's aide
12. When Barbara returns to her home in Clearview, she finds out that __________ is covering the floor of her room, requiring her to move to a new one.
(c) Bug infestation
13. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
(a) Energy bars
14. What is the next place Barbara goes to in order to try to avoid drug testing and get more money?
(b) Home Depot
15. Marge and Holly talk about how low wage ____________ even look down on maids when they are out.
(b) Factory workers
(c) Farm workers
(d) Bus boys
Short Answer Questions
1. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
2. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
3. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
4. What city in Minnesota does Barbara choose in order to find a new job in her assignment?
5. Where does the author eventually stay when she realizes she will not be able to find a place with the money she is making?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)