|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____________ market proves to be a challenge in the city Barbara moves to in Minnesota.
2. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
3. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
4. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
(a) The glass sculpture
(b) A vase
(c) A picture frame
(d) Glass fish bowl
5. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
6. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
7. What does Barbara continue to look for since she does not know the result of her drug test?
(c) Drug pass kits
(d) Things to do
8. What is hurting Barbara as she is filling up the dishwasher with dishes and carrying away the dirty items?
(a) Her back
(c) Her head
(d) Her hands
9. Despite the miraculous vacuum cleaner, Lori and Pauline's __________ are ruined and wrecked.
(a) Hair cuts
10. ___________ is a Christian with a working husband and grown children, some of who have had major problems in their life.
11. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
(a) 4 hours
(b) 8 hours
(c) 2 hours
(d) 11 hours
12. Ruthie decides to pour _____________ on Barbara's breakfast and jokes again and again that Barbara should be called Barbara Bush.
(a) Orange juice
(c) Tobasco sause
13. Because of the low wages that are paid in the area, people who are working at minimum wage are expected to ____________.
(b) Argue at the interview
(c) Hold multiple jobs
(d) Work longer hours
14. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
15. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
(c) Credit cards
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
2. Barbara thinks she is supposed to _____________ on her shift, but no one else on her shift does.
3. In what department does Barbara find she will work when she is as employee for Wal-Mart?
4. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
5. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)