|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 8 hours
(c) 4 hours
(d) 11 hours
2. Who is the diabetic that sneaks donuts at the Woodcrest residential facility where the author works her second job?
3. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
4. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
5. What are employees to think of themselves as when they are working for Wal-Mart?
6. The Maids say the work they do will be easy because cleaning is in our __________, notes Barbara.
(b) City's values
7. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
8. Despite the miraculous vacuum cleaner, Lori and Pauline's __________ are ruined and wrecked.
(b) Hair cuts
9. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
10. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
11. The _____________ market proves to be a challenge in the city Barbara moves to in Minnesota.
12. When any employees does something for his or herself instead of for the store, Wal-Mart calls them a ____________.
(a) Bad worker
(b) Wal-Mart enemy
(c) Poor choice worker
(d) Time thief
13. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
(b) Their cars
(c) Friends' homes
14. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
(a) Her driver's license
(b) Her jacket
(c) Her purse
(d) Her sweater
15. What does one company want her to sell, promising her $1650 for doing 54 two hour appointments?
(a) Air purifier
(d) Vacuum cleaner
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
2. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
3. Where does the author eventually stay when she realizes she will not be able to find a place with the money she is making?
4. Who does Barbara have to hide from when she is trying to make a last ditch effort to find a place to stay when in Minnesota?
5. Wal-Mart contends that _______ take money from workers and risk the wages of workers
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)