|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the diabetic that sneaks donuts at the Woodcrest residential facility where the author works her second job?
2. The author meets a prissy woman who tracks her baby's _______________ with the help of a chart.
(d) Bowel movements
3. The workers have troubles coming up with two dollars to buy a new ___________ when one is left behind at the office.
(b) Bottle of cleaner
4. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(b) Does not
(c) Will greatly
5. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 11 hours
(c) 8 hours
(d) 4 hours
6. What does one company want her to sell, promising her $1650 for doing 54 two hour appointments?
(b) Air purifier
(c) Vacuum cleaner
7. What is the next place Barbara goes to in order to try to avoid drug testing and get more money?
(a) Home Depot
8. The thing Barbara hates to clean most of all is _________ in the bathrooms of their customers.
9. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
(a) She has no money
(b) She's an atheist
(c) She told herself she wouldn't
(d) She doesn't like to go out
10. What drug is Barbara afraid might skew the results of a drug test she might have to take?
11. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
(a) A picture frame
(b) The glass sculpture
(c) Glass fish bowl
(d) A vase
12. The _____________ market proves to be a challenge in the city Barbara moves to in Minnesota.
13. _____________ has to support her husband and an elderly relative on 30 to 50 dollars each week.
14. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
15. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the woman in #118 found in order to help her get started in her new life?
2. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
3. Where does Barbara rent a room until she is able to find housing that will work for her?
4. What is the one thing Barbara will be able to avoid a bit more from her new apartment's location?
5. What is interesting about the test Barbara takes when she applies at Wal-Mart again?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)