|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara begins to realize that she is acting like an unhappy __________ when she argues with another worker at Wal-Mart.
2. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
(a) The glass sculpture
(b) A picture frame
(c) A vase
(d) Glass fish bowl
3. What does one company want her to sell, promising her $1650 for doing 54 two hour appointments?
(b) Air purifier
(d) Vacuum cleaner
4. Barbara thinks the fact she is __________ will help her since she will not stand out from others.
(a) A divorced woman
(b) A yuppie
(d) A single woman
5. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
(a) Their cars
(b) Friends' homes
6. In what department does Barbara find she will work when she is as employee for Wal-Mart?
7. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
8. Barbara thinks she is supposed to _____________ on her shift, but no one else on her shift does.
(a) Keep moving
(b) Straighten up the store
(c) Fold clothing
(d) Greet customers
9. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
10. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(b) Will greatly
(c) Does not
11. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
12. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Slave drivers
(b) Servant leaders
(d) Growth managers
13. _____________ has to support her husband and an elderly relative on 30 to 50 dollars each week.
14. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
15. What is the next place Barbara goes to in order to try to avoid drug testing and get more money?
(d) Home Depot
Short Answer Questions
1. When any employees does something for his or herself instead of for the store, Wal-Mart calls them a ____________.
2. Who is the diabetic that sneaks donuts at the Woodcrest residential facility where the author works her second job?
3. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
4. Barbara doesn't even apply for ___________ since she knows she doesn't have the clothing for this type of work.
5. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)