|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is interesting about the test Barbara takes when she applies at Wal-Mart again?
(a) There is no record of her last test
(b) She gets answers 'wrong'
(c) She fails the test and gets thrown out
(d) It's not the same as the last one she took
2. When any employees does something for his or herself instead of for the store, Wal-Mart calls them a ____________.
(a) Time thief
(b) Bad worker
(c) Wal-Mart enemy
(d) Poor choice worker
3. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
(a) Their cars
(c) Friends' homes
4. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
(c) Tool belt
5. Because of the low wages that are paid in the area, people who are working at minimum wage are expected to ____________.
(b) Work longer hours
(c) Argue at the interview
(d) Hold multiple jobs
6. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
7. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 8 hours
(c) 4 hours
(d) 11 hours
8. Who is the diabetic that sneaks donuts at the Woodcrest residential facility where the author works her second job?
9. What is the title of the job Barbara takes at the Woodcrest residential facility, an elder care facility?
(a) Nurse's aide
(b) Dietary aid
(c) Medical assistant
10. Barbara is horrified to see that The Maids use very little _________ when they are cleaning.
11. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
12. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
13. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Servant leaders
(c) Growth managers
(d) Slave drivers
14. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(a) Does not
(c) Will greatly
15. What are employees to think of themselves as when they are working for Wal-Mart?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wal-Mart contends that _______ take money from workers and risk the wages of workers
2. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
3. Frequently, owners of homes will set up ___________ to keep an eye on the housekeeping help that are in their homes
4. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
5. What city in Minnesota does Barbara choose in order to find a new job in her assignment?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)