|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
(a) She told herself she wouldn't
(b) She's an atheist
(c) She doesn't like to go out
(d) She has no money
2. When any employees does something for his or herself instead of for the store, Wal-Mart calls them a ____________.
(a) Wal-Mart enemy
(b) Time thief
(c) Poor choice worker
(d) Bad worker
3. The thing Barbara hates to clean most of all is _________ in the bathrooms of their customers.
4. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
(a) A picture frame
(b) Glass fish bowl
(c) A vase
(d) The glass sculpture
5. Where does the author eventually stay when she realizes she will not be able to find a place with the money she is making?
(b) Holiday Inn
(c) Super 8
(d) Comfort Inn
6. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
7. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
8. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
9. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
(b) Blue Waters
(c) Blue Gill
(d) Twin Lakes
10. ___________ is a Christian with a working husband and grown children, some of who have had major problems in their life.
11. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
12. Because of the low wages that are paid in the area, people who are working at minimum wage are expected to ____________.
(b) Hold multiple jobs
(c) Work longer hours
(d) Argue at the interview
13. What is hurting Barbara as she is filling up the dishwasher with dishes and carrying away the dirty items?
(b) Her head
(c) Her hands
(d) Her back
14. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Growth managers
(b) Servant leaders
(d) Slave drivers
15. What are employees to think of themselves as when they are working for Wal-Mart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug is Barbara afraid might skew the results of a drug test she might have to take?
2. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
3. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
4. What costs $10 to use when she is staying at the Clearview Inn before her apartment will be ready?
5. Nobody seems to make eye contact, Barbara notes, when she applies at _____________, which strikes her as weird.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)