|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Maids calculate their wages by ________, which makes it difficult to know what a person is being paid.
2. Nobody seems to make eye contact, Barbara notes, when she applies at _____________, which strikes her as weird.
(d) Salvation Army
3. Marge and Holly talk about how low wage ____________ even look down on maids when they are out.
(a) Farm workers
(b) Bus boys
(c) Factory workers
4. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(b) Does not
(d) Will greatly
5. In what department does Barbara find she will work when she is as employee for Wal-Mart?
6. What drug is Barbara afraid might skew the results of a drug test she might have to take?
7. Ruthie decides to pour _____________ on Barbara's breakfast and jokes again and again that Barbara should be called Barbara Bush.
(a) Tobasco sause
(b) Orange juice
8. Barbara doesn't even apply for ___________ since she knows she doesn't have the clothing for this type of work.
(a) Management positions
(b) Factory work
(c) Office work
(d) Retail work
9. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
10. What is the first thing the woman in #118 found in order to help her get started in her new life?
(a) A motel
(b) Welfare office
(c) A job
(d) Church group
11. Barbara notes that Wal-Mart is a __________ system and when one is working there, one forgets there is an outside world.
12. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
(b) Tool belt
13. Barbara begins to realize that she is acting like an unhappy __________ when she argues with another worker at Wal-Mart.
14. Frequently, owners of homes will set up ___________ to keep an eye on the housekeeping help that are in their homes
(a) Times to watch them
(b) Hidden cameras
(c) Private investigators
(d) Large spills
15. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
(c) Their cars
(d) Friends' homes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
2. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
3. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
4. Despite the miraculous vacuum cleaner, Lori and Pauline's __________ are ruined and wrecked.
5. Wal-Mart contends that _______ take money from workers and risk the wages of workers
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)