|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
2. What does one company want her to sell, promising her $1650 for doing 54 two hour appointments?
(a) Air purifier
(b) Vacuum cleaner
3. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
(a) Her jacket
(b) Her driver's license
(c) Her sweater
(d) Her purse
4. Given that The Maids are paid _______, Barbara doesn't understand why they need to rush through their duties.
5. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
6. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
(b) Energy bars
7. The Maids calculate their wages by ________, which makes it difficult to know what a person is being paid.
8. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
9. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
(b) Move around
10. In what department does Barbara find she will work when she is as employee for Wal-Mart?
11. What city in Minnesota does Barbara choose in order to find a new job in her assignment?
(a) Salmon Lake
(d) St. Paul Town
12. Barbara begins to realize that she is acting like an unhappy __________ when she argues with another worker at Wal-Mart.
13. What drug is Barbara afraid might skew the results of a drug test she might have to take?
14. Where does the author eventually stay when she realizes she will not be able to find a place with the money she is making?
(a) Comfort Inn
(c) Holiday Inn
(d) Super 8
15. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
2. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
3. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
4. What is the one thing Barbara will be able to avoid a bit more from her new apartment's location?
5. What costs $10 to use when she is staying at the Clearview Inn before her apartment will be ready?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)