|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one company want her to sell, promising her $1650 for doing 54 two hour appointments?
(a) Air purifier
(b) Vacuum cleaner
2. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
3. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
4. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
5. According tot he ACLU, the process of drug testing ___________ improve the chances of screening out addicts.
(a) Will greatly
(b) Does not
6. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
(a) She is dying
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She is quitting
(d) She is sleeping with Ted
7. What is the next place Barbara goes to in order to try to avoid drug testing and get more money?
(a) Home Depot
8. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
(a) She's an atheist
(b) She told herself she wouldn't
(c) She has no money
(d) She doesn't like to go out
9. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
10. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(b) Sam Walton
(c) A police officer
(d) The loss prevention team
11. Barbara thinks she is supposed to _____________ on her shift, but no one else on her shift does.
(a) Fold clothing
(b) Keep moving
(c) Straighten up the store
(d) Greet customers
12. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
(c) Their cars
(d) Friends' homes
13. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
14. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
15. What costs $10 to use when she is staying at the Clearview Inn before her apartment will be ready?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author have to do once she is done with the testing process at Wal-Mart?
2. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
3. The Maids say the work they do will be easy because cleaning is in our __________, notes Barbara.
4. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
5. Where does Barbara rent a room until she is able to find housing that will work for her?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)