|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what department does Barbara find she will work when she is as employee for Wal-Mart?
2. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
(a) She told herself she wouldn't
(b) She doesn't like to go out
(c) She has no money
(d) She's an atheist
3. The obvious __________ of the sales company is a breath of fresh air for the author compared to the false concern from Wal-Mart.
4. What is the title of the job Barbara takes at the Woodcrest residential facility, an elder care facility?
(b) Nurse's aide
(c) Dietary aid
(d) Medical assistant
5. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
(a) Her jacket
(b) Her sweater
(c) Her purse
(d) Her driver's license
6. What is the one thing Barbara will be able to avoid a bit more from her new apartment's location?
(d) Dog park
7. The workers have troubles coming up with two dollars to buy a new ___________ when one is left behind at the office.
(c) Bottle of cleaner
8. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
(d) Tool belt
9. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
10. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
11. Frequently, owners of homes will set up ___________ to keep an eye on the housekeeping help that are in their homes
(a) Large spills
(b) Private investigators
(c) Times to watch them
(d) Hidden cameras
12. Marge and Holly talk about how low wage ____________ even look down on maids when they are out.
(a) Farm workers
(b) Factory workers
(d) Bus boys
13. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
14. What drug is Barbara afraid might skew the results of a drug test she might have to take?
15. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
(d) Move around
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barbara have to hide from when she is trying to make a last ditch effort to find a place to stay when in Minnesota?
2. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
3. The author meets a prissy woman who tracks her baby's _______________ with the help of a chart.
4. Who is the diabetic that sneaks donuts at the Woodcrest residential facility where the author works her second job?
5. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)