|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
2. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
3. Who does Barbara have to hide from when she is trying to make a last ditch effort to find a place to stay when in Minnesota?
4. What does Barbara continue to look for since she does not know the result of her drug test?
(b) Things to do
(d) Drug pass kits
5. Because of the low wages that are paid in the area, people who are working at minimum wage are expected to ____________.
(a) Work longer hours
(b) Argue at the interview
(c) Hold multiple jobs
6. The Maids say the work they do will be easy because cleaning is in our __________, notes Barbara.
(c) City's values
7. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
(a) Friends' homes
(d) Their cars
8. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(a) The loss prevention team
(b) A police officer
(c) Sam Walton
9. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
(a) Her purse
(b) Her jacket
(c) Her driver's license
(d) Her sweater
10. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
11. The workers have troubles coming up with two dollars to buy a new ___________ when one is left behind at the office.
(c) Bottle of cleaner
12. Barbara notes she feels like a fugitive on this assignment, becoming obsessed with the few __________ she's brought along.
(c) Credit cards
13. What is hurting Barbara as she is filling up the dishwasher with dishes and carrying away the dirty items?
(b) Her head
(c) Her back
(d) Her hands
14. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
15. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
(b) Tool belt
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
2. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
3. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
4. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
5. Barbara thinks the fact she is __________ will help her since she will not stand out from others.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)