|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
(c) Energy bars
2. What is the name of the test Barbara fills out when she is apply at The Maids job during the hiring process?
3. Why is it strange that the author decides to go to a religious revival meeting on her night off?
(a) She's an atheist
(b) She has no money
(c) She told herself she wouldn't
(d) She doesn't like to go out
4. At the Wal-Mart job fair, Barbara fills out a long test which seems to push her into claiming total ___________ and complete obedience.
5. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
6. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
(a) Her sweater
(b) Her purse
(c) Her jacket
(d) Her driver's license
7. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(a) A police officer
(c) The loss prevention team
(d) Sam Walton
8. What does Ted say Barbara has an allergy to when she complains about having a rash on her hands?
9. Barbara thinks she is supposed to _____________ on her shift, but no one else on her shift does.
(a) Keep moving
(b) Fold clothing
(c) Greet customers
(d) Straighten up the store
10. What is the one thing Barbara will be able to avoid a bit more from her new apartment's location?
(b) Dog park
11. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
12. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
13. Ruthie decides to pour _____________ on Barbara's breakfast and jokes again and again that Barbara should be called Barbara Bush.
(a) Tobasco sause
(b) Orange juice
14. One young girl named ____________ refuses to eat and she grows paler each day as a result, obviously she is ill.
15. Where does the author eventually stay when she realizes she will not be able to find a place with the money she is making?
(a) Super 8
(b) Holiday Inn
(c) Comfort Inn
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one company want her to sell, promising her $1650 for doing 54 two hour appointments?
2. What are employees to think of themselves as when they are working for Wal-Mart?
3. Barbara begins to realize that she is acting like an unhappy __________ when she argues with another worker at Wal-Mart.
4. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
5. ___________ is a Christian with a working husband and grown children, some of who have had major problems in their life.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)