|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
(a) She is sleeping with Ted
(b) She is dying
(c) She is quitting
(d) She is pregnant
2. What does Barbara continue to look for since she does not know the result of her drug test?
(a) Drug pass kits
(d) Things to do
3. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
(b) Energy bars
4. What is one of the things Barbara is NOT handed when she goes back to Menards?
(c) Tool belt
5. Where does Barbara rent a room until she is able to find housing that will work for her?
(a) Motel 6
(b) Holiday Inn
(c) Super 8
(d) Howard Johnson
6. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Growth managers
(c) Servant leaders
(d) Slave drivers
7. What does the author have to do once she is done with the testing process at Wal-Mart?
(a) Drug test
(b) Train five new people
(c) Read a book
(d) Start a shift
8. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
9. Where does the author eventually stay when she realizes she will not be able to find a place with the money she is making?
(a) Super 8
(b) Comfort Inn
(c) Holiday Inn
10. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
11. _____________ has to support her husband and an elderly relative on 30 to 50 dollars each week.
12. Nobody seems to make eye contact, Barbara notes, when she applies at _____________, which strikes her as weird.
(a) Salvation Army
13. The author meets a prissy woman who tracks her baby's _______________ with the help of a chart.
(b) Bowel movements
14. Because of the low wages that are paid in the area, people who are working at minimum wage are expected to ____________.
(a) Argue at the interview
(b) Work longer hours
(d) Hold multiple jobs
15. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(a) A police officer
(b) The loss prevention team
(d) Sam Walton
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
2. What city in Maine does Barbara choose for her next working location during her assignment?
3. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
4. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
5. Ruthie decides to pour _____________ on Barbara's breakfast and jokes again and again that Barbara should be called Barbara Bush.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)