|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wal-Mart contends that _______ take money from workers and risk the wages of workers
(d) Time thieves
2. The thing Barbara hates to clean most of all is _________ in the bathrooms of their customers.
3. A look at the local free magazine reveals very little _________ Barbara can afford in the area where she is staying.
4. The Maids calculate their wages by ________, which makes it difficult to know what a person is being paid.
5. The Maids say the work they do will be easy because cleaning is in our __________, notes Barbara.
(b) City's values
6. Given that The Maids are paid _______, Barbara doesn't understand why they need to rush through their duties.
7. It is Wal-Mart's policy to ____________ clothing in order to make the shopping experience slightly different.
(d) Move around
8. Frequently, owners of homes will set up ___________ to keep an eye on the housekeeping help that are in their homes
(a) Hidden cameras
(b) Times to watch them
(c) Large spills
(d) Private investigators
9. What are employees to think of themselves as when they are working for Wal-Mart?
10. Linda wants the author to think of her work at Woodcrest as __________ work, though the customers wear diapers.
11. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
12. The workers at The Maids get free ________ when they arrive at work in the morning, but have to wear uniforms.
(a) Energy bars
13. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
(a) Growth managers
(b) Slave drivers
(c) Servant leaders
14. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(b) The loss prevention team
(c) Sam Walton
(d) A police officer
15. Where does Barbara rent a room until she is able to find housing that will work for her?
(a) Howard Johnson
(b) Holiday Inn
(c) Super 8
(d) Motel 6
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ used in the bathroom are also going to be used in the kitchen, according to the instruction of The Maids.
2. Barbara thinks she is supposed to _____________ on her shift, but no one else on her shift does.
3. What does the author have to do once she is done with the testing process at Wal-Mart?
4. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
5. What does Barbara have to care for when she stays in a friend's house at the beginning of her adventure in Minnesota?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)