|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author have to do once she is done with the testing process at Wal-Mart?
(a) Start a shift
(b) Train five new people
(c) Read a book
(d) Drug test
2. How long does the shift at Menards turn out to be when they call again the next day before she goes to work?
(a) 8 hours
(b) 11 hours
(c) 4 hours
(d) 2 hours
3. Frequently, owners of homes will set up ___________ to keep an eye on the housekeeping help that are in their homes
(a) Large spills
(b) Hidden cameras
(c) Private investigators
(d) Times to watch them
4. What does Barbara have to leave in her disgusting hotel room, even though she does not want to?
5. When any employees does something for his or herself instead of for the store, Wal-Mart calls them a ____________.
(a) Time thief
(b) Bad worker
(c) Poor choice worker
(d) Wal-Mart enemy
6. Where does Barbara rent a room until she is able to find housing that will work for her?
(a) Super 8
(b) Motel 6
(c) Holiday Inn
(d) Howard Johnson
7. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
8. ___________ is a Christian with a working husband and grown children, some of who have had major problems in their life.
9. Barbara describes a feeling of hopeless __________ in her position as a maid, even when she is in public in her uniform.
10. Marge and Holly talk about how low wage ____________ even look down on maids when they are out.
(a) Farm workers
(c) Factory workers
(d) Bus boys
11. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(a) The loss prevention team
(c) A police officer
(d) Sam Walton
12. What are employees to think of themselves as when they are working for Wal-Mart?
13. What costs $10 to use when she is staying at the Clearview Inn before her apartment will be ready?
14. Barbara is horrified to see that The Maids use very little _________ when they are cleaning.
15. When Barbara returns to her home in Clearview, she finds out that __________ is covering the floor of her room, requiring her to move to a new one.
(c) Bug infestation
Short Answer Questions
1. Nobody seems to make eye contact, Barbara notes, when she applies at _____________, which strikes her as weird.
2. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
3. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
4. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
5. Ruthie decides to pour _____________ on Barbara's breakfast and jokes again and again that Barbara should be called Barbara Bush.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)