|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hurting Barbara as she is filling up the dishwasher with dishes and carrying away the dirty items?
(b) Her head
(c) Her back
(d) Her hands
2. What is the first thing the woman in #118 found in order to help her get started in her new life?
(a) A job
(b) A motel
(c) Welfare office
(d) Church group
3. What does Barbara have to surrender when she goes in for her drug test at the hospital?
(a) Her jacket
(b) Her purse
(c) Her sweater
(d) Her driver's license
4. Frequently, owners of homes will set up ___________ to keep an eye on the housekeeping help that are in their homes
(a) Times to watch them
(b) Large spills
(c) Hidden cameras
(d) Private investigators
5. Barbara thinks the fact she is __________ will help her since she will not stand out from others.
(a) A single woman
(b) A divorced woman
(d) A yuppie
6. The Maids say the work they do will be easy because cleaning is in our __________, notes Barbara.
(d) City's values
7. The author meets a prissy woman who tracks her baby's _______________ with the help of a chart.
(a) Bowel movements
8. _____________ is a woman who simply picked up and moved to Florida because she heard the rents were better than New Jersey.
9. What does Barbara accidentally shatter in her efforts to help Holly not have to work as hard?
(a) A vase
(b) The glass sculpture
(c) Glass fish bowl
(d) A picture frame
10. Who does Barbara have to talk about when it comes to the result of her test?
(b) The loss prevention team
(c) A police officer
(d) Sam Walton
11. Which department is Barbara placed into when she goes back to Menards to find out about the job?
12. What is the next place Barbara goes to in order to try to avoid drug testing and get more money?
(c) Home Depot
13. When any employees does something for his or herself instead of for the store, Wal-Mart calls them a ____________.
(a) Time thief
(b) Wal-Mart enemy
(c) Poor choice worker
(d) Bad worker
14. ___________ is a Christian with a working husband and grown children, some of who have had major problems in their life.
15. Because of the low wages that are paid in the area, people who are working at minimum wage are expected to ____________.
(b) Work longer hours
(c) Argue at the interview
(d) Hold multiple jobs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marge suspect about Holly and this is confirmed when she will not answer the question?
2. What are managers to think of themselves as when they are working at Wal-Mart?
3. Barbara is horrified to see that The Maids use very little _________ when they are cleaning.
4. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
5. _____________ has to support her husband and an elderly relative on 30 to 50 dollars each week.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)