|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are they listening to at full volume as they are cleaning each of the hotel rooms?
(a) Rap music
(b) Local news
(c) Soap operas
(d) Their headphones
2. Barbara does not want to live a life of _________ or discomfort when it comes to this new assignment.
3. The management at the restaurant try to keep Barbara __________ at every moment of her shift, even when it's slow.
4. Barbara can not afford gas money because of the $30 she has to spend on a ___________ for her restaurant job.
(a) Application fee
(c) Set of pencils
5. How long do Carlie and Barbara work before they take a break from their housekeeping work?
(a) 8 hours
(b) 4 hours
(c) 5 hours
(d) 10 hours
6. Barbara begins to realize that minimum wage workers are no less ____________ or intelligent than she is.
7. Barbara realizes that her use of a car is different as many minimum wage workers have to use _________ to get around.
(c) Their legs
8. Barbara states, "Someone ought to do the old-fashioned kind of ________ - you know, go out there and try it for themselves."
9. What does Ehrenreich discover about her uniform when she is heading over to her second job?
(a) It is too small
(b) It is at home
(c) It is ripped
(d) It is stained
10. What does Barbara not want to mention when she is out in her new working life?
(a) Her daughters
(b) Her hometown
(c) Her husband
11. __________ is a city in which Barbara is afraid she might be recognized, so she looks for work in a nearby city.
(a) Key Largo
(b) Key West
(d) New York
12. Some of the coworkers have to pay $60 a night for a hotel room because they can not save up the ___________ for a first and last month rent payment.
13. Barbara feels to truly replicate the experience of a minimum wage worker, she would need to have a few __________ in tow too.
(d) Bill collectors
14. What is the 'dream job' that Barbara lands in addition to her restaurant job, taking on both when in Florida?
(a) Office work
(c) Factory work
15. When Barbara walks out of the restaurant, she feels _______ instead of feeling enraged, as she expects to.
Short Answer Questions
1. The businesses place ads in the paper so they can always have a pool of __________ from which to hire at any time.
2. The author also doesn't want to live in an _____________ building when she is off on her assignment.
3. What is the name of the cook who occasionally throws meat against the wall during his shift?
4. When Barbara is paired up with Carlie on her first shift, Carlie is angry they have 19 _________ to swab down in just one shift.
5. What is Barbara's PhD in, according to her own admittance?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)