|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the drug testing is supposed to begin, the employees speculate that it is _________ who is guilty of the drug issue.
2. Barbara will take the ____________ paying minimum wage job she can find when she's off on assignment.
3. Barbara admits that at the end of the project, she did break down and ____________, stealthily, though, and never within hearing of management.
(c) Admit her assignment
4. At what publication does the editor who assigns the story to Barbara work?
(a) Ladies Home Journal
5. Barbara states, "Someone ought to do the old-fashioned kind of ________ - you know, go out there and try it for themselves."
6. When Barbara walks out of the restaurant, she feels _______ instead of feeling enraged, as she expects to.
7. The author also doesn't want to live in an _____________ building when she is off on her assignment.
(d) Ill built
8. Barbara admits she has two things going for her as a minimum wage worker - she is ________ and she is a native English speaker.
9. What is Barbara's PhD in, according to her own admittance?
(c) Public Policy
10. Barbara wondered why there wasn't more indignation about her ruse, realizing that it was probably because people's notion of __________ is different than she thinks it should be.
11. One manager threatens to take the _______________ privilege from the employees even though this is their only hideout to smoke or eat.
(d) Break room
12. Barbara asks the manager of her trailer park to donate her security deposit to ________.
13. For what magazine does the author of "Nickel and Dimed" work when she is beginning her assignment?
(a) New York Times
(b) NY Gazette
(c) New Yorker
(d) New England Journal
14. Barbara begins to realize that minimum wage workers are no less ____________ or intelligent than she is.
15. Barbara does admit that she modified her __________ when she was new at the job and wanted to fit in.
Short Answer Questions
1. The management at the restaurant try to keep Barbara __________ at every moment of her shift, even when it's slow.
2. Who is Barbara Ehrenreich's editor, the one who assigns her the story that became this book?
3. Barbara makes the common that the ____________ is too low and that someone used to more should try to live with it.
4. What did Barbara fear employers would think she was if she were to put the PhD on her resumes and applications?
5. The other restaurant that Barbara works at during her time in Florida is called ___________, a chain with huge food and calorie packed dishes.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)