|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara wondered why there wasn't more indignation about her ruse, realizing that it was probably because people's notion of __________ is different than she thinks it should be.
2. What is the name of the cook who occasionally throws meat against the wall during his shift?
3. Many of the businesses in town seem to place ads in the paper ____________ so as to always have applicants.
(b) On Mondays
(c) Once in a while
(d) On Sundays
4. Barbara promises to spend a _________ in each location in order to get a sense of the area.
(d) Few months
5. When Barbara is paired up with Carlie on her first shift, Carlie is angry they have 19 _________ to swab down in just one shift.
(d) Beach chairs
6. What does Jerry's restaurant close off to employees since they don't want other employees lingering there during breaks?
(b) Outside area
(c) Break room
(d) Dining room
7. Barbara begins to realize that minimum wage workers are no less ____________ or intelligent than she is.
8. Barbara's father had been a _____________; her uncles and grandfathers worked in the mines or for the Union Pacific.
(b) Copper miner
(d) Restaurant owner
9. Barbara feels to truly replicate the experience of a minimum wage worker, she would need to have a few __________ in tow too.
(b) Bill collectors
10. When Barbara walks out of the restaurant, she feels _______ instead of feeling enraged, as she expects to.
11. As Barbara downs coffee who does she notice is looking haggard when she shows up for her next job?
12. Barbara certainly does not want to do hard ________ labor when she is working at her new jobs.
13. The businesses place ads in the paper so they can always have a pool of __________ from which to hire at any time.
(a) Desperate workers
(b) Cheap labor
14. Barbara realizes she will need ____________ in order to pay for her apartment.
(a) To stop driving
(b) More tips
(c) Another job
(d) Less food
15. Barbara can not afford gas money because of the $30 she has to spend on a ___________ for her restaurant job.
(c) Set of pencils
(d) Application fee
Short Answer Questions
1. The Preamble Center for Public Policy noted that the odds against a typical welfare recipient's landing a job at a ______ were about 97 to 1.
2. What would Barbara use in order to document her daily experiences after her shifts were done for the day?
3. Barbara does admit that she modified her __________ when she was new at the job and wanted to fit in.
4. Since Barbara is far from any grocery store, she needs to live on __________ when she eats.
5. Gail reveals that she had to live in _______ and pee into a plastic bottle after her boyfriend she lives with suddenly dies.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)