|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One manager threatens to take the _______________ privilege from the employees even though this is their only hideout to smoke or eat.
(d) Break room
2. The manager, ________, yells at Barbara for a confused breakfast and a yuppie customer complains too.
3. Who is the tiny busy woman who teaches Barbara the rules of the next job she takes on at the hotel adjacent to the restaurant?
4. Barbara wondered why there wasn't more indignation about her ruse, realizing that it was probably because people's notion of __________ is different than she thinks it should be.
5. How long do Carlie and Barbara work before they take a break from their housekeeping work?
(a) 10 hours
(b) 8 hours
(c) 4 hours
(d) 5 hours
6. Barbara says that she will not rely on her superior ______________ to support herself.
(b) Name recognition
7. What did Barbara fear employers would think she was if she were to put the PhD on her resumes and applications?
8. Barbara realizes that her use of a car is different as many minimum wage workers have to use _________ to get around.
(c) Their legs
9. At what publication does the editor who assigns the story to Barbara work?
(d) Ladies Home Journal
10. The other restaurant that Barbara works at during her time in Florida is called ___________, a chain with huge food and calorie packed dishes.
11. Barbara does admit that she modified her __________ when she was new at the job and wanted to fit in.
12. Barbara states, "Someone ought to do the old-fashioned kind of ________ - you know, go out there and try it for themselves."
13. Barbara can not afford gas money because of the $30 she has to spend on a ___________ for her restaurant job.
(b) Application fee
(d) Set of pencils
14. Barbara notes that her sister constantly complained about the hopelessness of being a ____________.
(b) Wage slave
(d) Minimum wage worker
15. When the going gets too rough for Barbara, she admits she will use ____________ to get by.
(b) Credit cards
(d) Her resume
Short Answer Questions
1. What area of the restaurant is locked up when it is assumed that the dishwasher is stealing from the restaurant?
2. Since Barbara is far from any grocery store, she needs to live on __________ when she eats.
3. Barbara will take the ____________ paying minimum wage job she can find when she's off on assignment.
4. Barbara does not want to live a life of _________ or discomfort when it comes to this new assignment.
5. What is Barbara's PhD in, according to her own admittance?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)