|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Closing remarks, "Evaluation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the made-up name for the apartments that Barbara finally finds in Minnesota?
(a) Twin Lakes
(b) Blue Waters
(d) Blue Gill
2. What is the name of the young Czech dishwasher who Barbara befriends when she is working at the restaurant?
3. The author notes she never meets a ___________ in any of the time she spends in her various jobs.
(c) Union organizer
(d) Bad person
4. Working class people are driven to live in ____________ since rents are so high in the areas where they work.
(a) Their cars
(c) Friends' homes
5. The author concludes that the hiring process is designed to ____________ workers down and make them agree to anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the woman in #118 found in order to help her get started in her new life?
2. What are they listening to at full volume as they are cleaning each of the hotel rooms?
3. At the ____________, the interviewer Barbara meets warns her about labor organizers, to avoid them.
4. Who does Barbara have to hide from when she is trying to make a last ditch effort to find a place to stay when in Minnesota?
5. Barbara says that she will not rely on her superior ______________ to support herself.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)