|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, "Serving in Florida".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara does not want to live a life of _________ or discomfort when it comes to this new assignment.
2. Barbara can not afford gas money because of the $30 she has to spend on a ___________ for her restaurant job.
(a) Application fee
(c) Set of pencils
3. Barbara is concerned that her biggest challenge will be to hide her _____________, even though this does not turn out to be an issue.
(c) Writing career
4. The other staff of the hotel refuses to exchange _________ with the housekeepers or show any sort of respect.
5. Barbara ruled out areas like LA and New York as the working class consists mainly of people of _______ and she might look out of place.
(a) Higher education
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 'dream job' that Barbara lands in addition to her restaurant job, taking on both when in Florida?
2. Barbara notes that her sister constantly complained about the hopelessness of being a ____________.
3. Barbara says that she will not rely on her superior ______________ to support herself.
4. What is Barbara punished with when she points out that a manager is calling one of his employees by the incorrect name?
5. Barbara will keep driving a beat up ____________ car, though she knows many minimum wage workers can not.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)