|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, "Serving in Florida".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are they listening to at full volume as they are cleaning each of the hotel rooms?
(a) Soap operas
(b) Their headphones
(c) Local news
(d) Rap music
2. What does Jerry's restaurant close off to employees since they don't want other employees lingering there during breaks?
(a) Outside area
(b) Dining room
(c) Break room
3. How long do Carlie and Barbara work before they take a break from their housekeeping work?
(a) 10 hours
(b) 8 hours
(c) 4 hours
(d) 5 hours
4. Barbara admits that at the end of the project, she did break down and ____________, stealthily, though, and never within hearing of management.
(a) Admit her assignment
5. Barbara certainly does not want to do hard ________ labor when she is working at her new jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the businesses in town seem to place ads in the paper ____________ so as to always have applicants.
2. When the going gets too rough for Barbara, she admits she will use ____________ to get by.
3. One manager threatens to take the _______________ privilege from the employees even though this is their only hideout to smoke or eat.
4. The management at the restaurant try to keep Barbara __________ at every moment of her shift, even when it's slow.
5. The author most dislikes the visible __________ at the restaurant where she works since they complain and never leave good tips.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)