|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gride takes out the deed he mentioned to Ralph, looks it over once more, puts it back in the trunk and leaves. Of what is he unaware?
(a) Peg has been watching him.
(b) Kate has been watching him.
(c) Madeline knows about the deed.
(d) The deed is fake.
2. What does Nicholas do when he comes to visit Madeline and Bray?
(a) He tells them that Ralph is a horrible man, and Madeline should not marry him.
(b) He congratulates her on her wedding.
(c) He expresses his love for Madeline.
(d) He expresses his concern that they are being taken adavantage of.
3. While passing a theatre on the way, what does Nicholas notice about it?
(a) It is playing host to the Crummles Acting Company.
(b) It is performing his play.
(c) It has closed.
(d) That his name is on the sign.
4. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
(a) He is not getting the applause he used to since Nicholas arrived.
(b) His characters are much more difficult to understand.
(c) His acting is not as good as it once was.
(d) His roles have become smaller.
5. Gride then asks Noggs to stay for a drink and proposes what?
(a) They leave town.
(b) They open a shop together.
(c) A toast to Ralph and Madeline.
(d) A toast to Madeline, his young bride-to-be.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Squeers feel about Snawley?
2. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
3. How does Hawk respond when Kate tells him how intensely she dislikes him?
4. Who does Nicholas see as Mr. Charles introduces him to their clerk, Tim?
5. How does Nicholas react when he hears the men saying less than polite comments about Kate?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)