|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph orders Noggs to get a coach to take them to the Strand, which Noggs realizes will take Ralph where?
(a) To the home of Nickleby and Kate.
(b) To Nicholas.
(c) To John.
(d) To Hawk.
2. What does Nicholas discover about the young man?
(a) He is Frank Cheeryble.
(b) He is Smike.
(c) He is John's brother.
(d) He is his brother.
3. What happens when Squeers mentions Smike to Ralph?
(a) Ralph does not want to hear about Smike.
(b) Ralph wants Smike dead.
(c) Ralph becomes upset.
(d) Ralph becomes more interested and gets details of where Squeers is staying.
4. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
(a) His acting is not as good as it once was.
(b) He is not getting the applause he used to since Nicholas arrived.
(c) His roles have become smaller.
(d) His characters are much more difficult to understand.
5. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
(a) He cries.
(b) He sits silently.
(c) He joins her in the song.
(d) He makes his farewells and leaves with Smike.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ralph's office, Ralph speaks to himself of what?
2. Where are Nicholas and Kate headed?
3. Gride takes out the deed he mentioned to Ralph, looks it over once more, puts it back in the trunk and leaves. Of what is he unaware?
4. After a chase, what happens to Peg, Squeers and the deed?
5. How does Nicholas react when he hears the men saying less than polite comments about Kate?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)