|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hawk's apartments, Pluck and Pyke inform him of what?
(a) Rumors that Nicholas is hunting for Hawk.
(b) Rumors of the encounter at the coffee house are all over London.
(c) Nicholas' determination to kill Ralph.
(d) Nicholas is marrying Madeline.
2. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
(a) He cries.
(b) He joins her in the song.
(c) He makes his farewells and leaves with Smike.
(d) He sits silently.
3. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
(a) To their home in the country.
(b) To a new home.
(c) To a flat in London.
(d) Back to Miss LaCreevy's.
4. What does Mrs. Grudden give Nicholas?
(a) A cake.
(b) A picture she had drawn of him.
(c) A letter that she had forgotten to give him before.
(d) A present.
5. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
(a) He is not getting the applause he used to since Nicholas arrived.
(b) His acting is not as good as it once was.
(c) His characters are much more difficult to understand.
(d) His roles have become smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas vow to stop at whatever the cost?
2. How does Madeline respond when Nicholas impulsively tells her how he feels about her?
3. Who does Nicholas see as Mr. Charles introduces him to their clerk, Tim?
4. What does Squeers tell Ralph he will do if the police ask him what happened?
5. With what does Mr. Lillyvick arrive?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)