|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened within two weeks of the trip?
(a) Smike has died.
(b) Smike has become healthier.
(c) Smike is depressed.
(d) Smike becomes too ill to move.
2. In Ralph's office, Ralph speaks to himself of what?
(a) How much he detests Nicholas.
(b) His feelings for Kate.
(c) How he can find Nicholas.
(d) How horrible he has been.
3. What does Nicholas vow?
(a) To find his father.
(b) To marry Madeline.
(c) To kill Ralph.
(d) To write to Ralph and sever their relationship completely.
4. Just as everybody returns to go in to dinner, Noggs arrives in a new suit, confessing what?
(a) That he is getting married.
(b) That he is leaving London.
(c) That he has been helping Ralph.
(d) That he has been helping the police.
5. Why does one of the senior actors, Folair, take Nicholas aside?
(a) To give Nicholas a gift.
(b) To express his curiosity about his and Smike's true origins and names.
(c) To complain about Nicholas' play.
(d) To thank Nicholas for a job well done.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Squeers encourage Peg into handing over the deed?
2. How does Madeline respond when Nicholas impulsively tells her how he feels about her?
3. What does Smike ask Nicholas, when he has gone with them to their home in the country?
4. How does Hawk respond when Kate tells him how intensely she dislikes him?
5. Once again Nicholas looks for work, and once again what happens?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)