|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sir Mulberry Hawk and Lord Frederick Verisopht wake up groggily?
(a) After a night of too much revelry.
(b) They have been travelling a great deal.
(c) They are ill.
(d) They are woken up early in the morning.
2. How does Hawk respond when Kate tells him how intensely she dislikes him?
(a) He tells her it does not matter.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He will leave her alone.
(d) He apologizes for being so horrible.
3. Into what do Ralph and Gride manipulate Bray?
(a) Agreeing to the marriage of Gride and Kate.
(b) Agreeing to the marriage of Madeline and Nicholas.
(c) Agreeing to the marriage of Madeline and Gride.
(d) Agreeing to the marriage of Ralph and Madeline.
4. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
(a) He joins her in the song.
(b) He sits silently.
(c) He makes his farewells and leaves with Smike.
(d) He cries.
5. Once again Nicholas looks for work, and once again what happens?
(a) An opportunity as good as falls in his lap.
(b) He has no luck.
(c) He finds a horrible job.
(d) He cannot find any.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
2. As the rest of the company leaves, what does Nicholas confess to Smike?
3. What does Squeers tell Ralph he will do if the police ask him what happened?
4. After the men have gone, of what does Mrs. Wititterly accuse Kate?
5. Who does Nicholas see as Mr. Charles introduces him to their clerk, Tim?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)