|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas react when he hears the men saying less than polite comments about Kate?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He punches one of them in the face.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He become irritated.
2. What does Nicholas say they learned on their journey?
(a) That no one can be trusted.
(b) That love does not exist.
(c) That money is what is important.
(d) That to become connected with money is to become corrupted.
3. What does Squeers tell Ralph he will do if the police ask him what happened?
(a) He will explain that everything was Ralph's idea.
(b) He will commit suicide.
(c) He will lie to protect Ralph.
(d) He will say nothing.
4. With whom does Nicholas meet at the tavern?
(a) Kate and Mrs. Nickleby.
(b) Fanny and John.
(c) Tilda and Fanny.
(d) John and Tilda.
5. What do Kate and Nicholas tell each other, now that they are not marrying their loved ones?
(a) They will never marry.
(b) They will be each other's companions.
(c) They will find others to marry.
(d) They will be lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gride then asks Noggs to stay for a drink and proposes what?
2. Why do Sir Mulberry Hawk and Lord Frederick Verisopht wake up groggily?
3. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
4. After the men have gone, of what does Mrs. Wititterly accuse Kate?
5. Why do Kate and Mrs. Nickleby visit an invalid named Mrs. Wititterly?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)