|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Charles chide Nicholas and Kate?
(a) For suggesting that they themselves would become corrupted if they came in contact with riches.
(b) For not loving Frank and Madeline.
(c) For fearing Ralph.
(d) For not trusting him.
2. How does Ralph believe they can take revenge on Nicholas?
(a) By finding the person who took the deed, taking the deed from her, and destroying it.
(b) By marrying Kate.
(c) By stealing his inheritance.
(d) By catching him and having him put in jail.
3. How does Hawk respond when Kate tells him how intensely she dislikes him?
(a) He will leave her alone.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He tells her it does not matter.
(d) He apologizes for being so horrible.
4. What has happened within two weeks of the trip?
(a) Smike has become healthier.
(b) Smike is depressed.
(c) Smike has died.
(d) Smike becomes too ill to move.
5. What has been causing Ralph to lose sleep?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) A mysterious feeling.
(c) Noises in his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nicholas travel through the poorest and most degraded section of London?
2. In his attic room, what does Squeers consider to himself?
3. What does Nicholas do when he comes to visit Madeline and Bray?
4. Nicholas paid a call on the Kenwigs,' who have had another baby which Mr. Kenwigs has called what?
5. Once again Nicholas looks for work, and once again what happens?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)