|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nicholas react when he hears the men saying less than polite comments about Kate?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He become irritated.
(d) He punches one of them in the face.
2. Ralph orders Noggs to get a coach to take them to the Strand, which Noggs realizes will take Ralph where?
(a) To Nicholas.
(b) To John.
(c) To the home of Nickleby and Kate.
(d) To Hawk.
3. What has happened within two weeks of the trip?
(a) Smike has died.
(b) Smike is depressed.
(c) Smike becomes too ill to move.
(d) Smike has become healthier.
4. Why does one of the senior actors, Folair, take Nicholas aside?
(a) To thank Nicholas for a job well done.
(b) To give Nicholas a gift.
(c) To complain about Nicholas' play.
(d) To express his curiosity about his and Smike's true origins and names.
5. After the men have gone, of what does Mrs. Wititterly accuse Kate?
(a) Manipulating the situation in order to be alone with Hawk and thereby advance her position at the expense of the Wititterlys.
(b) Not caring enough about wealth.
(c) Allowing a potential husband to walk out the door.
(d) Stealing Hawk away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hawk respond when Kate tells him how intensely she dislikes him?
2. To whom does Nicholas pay his final call of the evening?
3. The next day, we see whose offices?
4. How does Squeers feel about Snawley?
5. What does Smike ask Nicholas, when he has gone with them to their home in the country?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)