|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas discover about the young man?
(a) He is Smike.
(b) He is his brother.
(c) He is John's brother.
(d) He is Frank Cheeryble.
2. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
(a) His roles have become smaller.
(b) His acting is not as good as it once was.
(c) He is not getting the applause he used to since Nicholas arrived.
(d) His characters are much more difficult to understand.
3. With what does Mr. Lillyvick arrive?
(a) Good news.
(b) No news.
(c) Some news.
(d) Bad news.
4. Into what do Ralph and Gride manipulate Bray?
(a) Agreeing to the marriage of Madeline and Gride.
(b) Agreeing to the marriage of Gride and Kate.
(c) Agreeing to the marriage of Ralph and Madeline.
(d) Agreeing to the marriage of Madeline and Nicholas.
5. Describe Bray.
(a) He is a handsome, sweet man.
(b) He is touchy and in a wheelchair.
(c) He is a robust young man.
(d) He is a kind, old gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas do when he comes to visit Madeline and Bray?
2. What happens when Squeers mentions Smike to Ralph?
3. In Hawk's apartments, Pluck and Pyke inform him of what?
4. How does Squeers encourage Peg into handing over the deed?
5. For what does Gride get ready?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)