|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Grudden give Nicholas?
(a) A cake.
(b) A picture she had drawn of him.
(c) A letter that she had forgotten to give him before.
(d) A present.
2. Just as everybody returns to go in to dinner, Noggs arrives in a new suit, confessing what?
(a) That he has been helping the police.
(b) That he is leaving London.
(c) That he has been helping Ralph.
(d) That he is getting married.
3. What has been causing Ralph to lose sleep?
(a) A mysterious feeling.
(b) Noises in his home.
(c) He is not feeling well.
4. What does Nicholas vow?
(a) To find his father.
(b) To marry Madeline.
(c) To write to Ralph and sever their relationship completely.
(d) To kill Ralph.
5. To whom does Nicholas pay his final call of the evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Squeers mentions Smike to Ralph?
2. What does Nicholas say they learned on their journey?
3. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
4. What is learned about the Cheerybles?
5. What does Nicholas discover about the young man?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)