|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While passing a theatre on the way, what does Nicholas notice about it?
(a) It has closed.
(b) It is performing his play.
(c) It is playing host to the Crummles Acting Company.
(d) That his name is on the sign.
2. What happens when Squeers mentions Smike to Ralph?
(a) Ralph does not want to hear about Smike.
(b) Ralph becomes more interested and gets details of where Squeers is staying.
(c) Ralph wants Smike dead.
(d) Ralph becomes upset.
3. What does the company recount?
(a) The action that took place in the previous play.
(b) The performances of the actors.
(c) Who forgot what lines.
(d) How the play has changed from the original.
4. After Madeline takes her father out and then returns, what does she urge Nicholas to do?
(a) Not visit her anymore.
(b) Stop the wedding.
(c) Find Gride.
(d) Visit her again soon.
5. As the rest of the company leaves, what does Nicholas confess to Smike?
(a) He loves being an actor.
(b) He enjoys his job.
(c) He hopes Kate is happy.
(d) He is anxious about Kate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Bray.
2. In his attic room, what does Squeers consider to himself?
3. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
4. The next day, we see whose offices?
5. How is London described?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)