|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Nicholas and Kate headed?
2. What does Smike ask Nicholas, when he has gone with them to their home in the country?
(a) To be buried as close as possible to the tree.
(b) To be buried in the family cemetery.
(c) To be left alone.
(d) To be taken home.
3. How does Ralph believe they can take revenge on Nicholas?
(a) By finding the person who took the deed, taking the deed from her, and destroying it.
(b) By stealing his inheritance.
(c) By marrying Kate.
(d) By catching him and having him put in jail.
4. The next day, we see whose offices?
(a) Both the Cheerbyles' and Kate's.
(b) Both Ralph's and the Cheerbyles'.
(c) Both Nicholas' and Ralph's.
(d) Both Ralph's and Hawk's.
5. In his attic room, what does Squeers consider to himself?
(a) The horrible things he has done.
(b) The decisions he has made.
(c) The manipulations of Ralph Nickleby that brought him there.
(d) The poor choices he has made.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a young man attacking an angry man?
2. Who does Mr. Snawley say he is?
3. What does Nicholas say they learned on their journey?
4. Why does Nicholas travel through the poorest and most degraded section of London?
5. Ralph orders Noggs to get a coach to take them to the Strand, which Noggs realizes will take Ralph where?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)