|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just as everybody returns to go in to dinner, Noggs arrives in a new suit, confessing what?
(a) That he is leaving London.
(b) That he is getting married.
(c) That he has been helping Ralph.
(d) That he has been helping the police.
2. Back in London, for what does the social climbing Mrs. Wititterly ask Kate?
(a) How much money she has as a dowry.
(b) Information about Ralph.
(c) Who she is marrying.
(d) Information about Hawk and Verisopht.
3. What does Nicholas speak, regarding Ralph?
(a) He mocks Ralph as Ralph reads the urgent letter.
(b) He speaks about who sent the urgent letter to Ralph.
(c) He speaks to Ralph, regarding the urgent letter.
(d) He speaks the words that Ralph is reading in the urgent letter.
4. Who does Mr. Snawley say he is?
(a) Nicholas' father.
(b) Madeline's father.
(c) Smike's father.
(d) Fanny's uncle.
5. What does Nicholas vow to stop at whatever the cost?
(a) Kate's wedding.
(b) Madeline's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ralph's office, Ralph speaks to himself of what?
2. What does Mrs. Grudden give Nicholas?
3. In his attic room, what does Squeers consider to himself?
4. Who does Nicholas see as Mr. Charles introduces him to their clerk, Tim?
5. Once again Nicholas looks for work, and once again what happens?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)