|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Grudden give Nicholas?
(a) A letter that she had forgotten to give him before.
(b) A picture she had drawn of him.
(c) A present.
(d) A cake.
2. How does Ralph believe they can take revenge on Nicholas?
(a) By marrying Kate.
(b) By stealing his inheritance.
(c) By catching him and having him put in jail.
(d) By finding the person who took the deed, taking the deed from her, and destroying it.
3. Describe Bray.
(a) He is a kind, old gentleman.
(b) He is a robust young man.
(c) He is a handsome, sweet man.
(d) He is touchy and in a wheelchair.
4. How does Hawk respond when Kate tells him how intensely she dislikes him?
(a) He will leave her alone.
(b) He apologizes for being so horrible.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He tells her it does not matter.
5. What does Smike ask Nicholas, when he has gone with them to their home in the country?
(a) To be buried as close as possible to the tree.
(b) To be buried in the family cemetery.
(c) To be left alone.
(d) To be taken home.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Nicholas meet at the tavern?
2. In his attic room, what does Squeers consider to himself?
3. What does Nicholas vow?
4. Why is a young man attacking an angry man?
5. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)