|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas travel through the poorest and most degraded section of London?
(a) To help the poor.
(b) He is lost.
(c) To see what life is like in this section of London.
(d) To complete his errand for the Cheerybles.
2. Why can Nicholas not pursue this person?
(a) He is surprised to see this person.
(b) They leave too quickly.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) Mr. Charles is introducing him to Mr. Ned.
3. Why do Sir Mulberry Hawk and Lord Frederick Verisopht wake up groggily?
(a) After a night of too much revelry.
(b) They have been travelling a great deal.
(c) They are ill.
(d) They are woken up early in the morning.
4. Why does one of the senior actors, Folair, take Nicholas aside?
(a) To express his curiosity about his and Smike's true origins and names.
(b) To give Nicholas a gift.
(c) To thank Nicholas for a job well done.
(d) To complain about Nicholas' play.
5. How does Squeers encourage Peg into handing over the deed?
(a) He seduces her.
(b) He bribes her.
(c) He threatens her.
(d) He blackmails her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Mr. Lillyvick arrive?
2. Gride then asks Noggs to stay for a drink and proposes what?
3. Mrs. Nickleby and Miss LaCreevy appear with luggage. To where are Kate and Mrs. Nickleby in the process of moving?
4. What does Nicholas say they learned on their journey?
5. What does Nicholas vow to stop at whatever the cost?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)