|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is London described?
(a) Pleasant, friendly, and exciting.
(b) Dirty, sad, and lonely.
(c) Busy, crowded, and full of contrasts.
(d) Scary, dangerous, and daunting.
2. Why can Nicholas not pursue this person?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) Mr. Charles is introducing him to Mr. Ned.
(c) They leave too quickly.
(d) He is surprised to see this person.
3. Describe Bray.
(a) He is touchy and in a wheelchair.
(b) He is a robust young man.
(c) He is a kind, old gentleman.
(d) He is a handsome, sweet man.
4. In his attic room, what does Squeers consider to himself?
(a) The decisions he has made.
(b) The manipulations of Ralph Nickleby that brought him there.
(c) The poor choices he has made.
(d) The horrible things he has done.
5. What does Nicholas vow to stop at whatever the cost?
(b) Kate's wedding.
(c) Madeline's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one of the senior actors, Folair, take Nicholas aside?
2. How does Nicholas react when he overhears men talking about Kate?
3. Why do Kate and Mrs. Nickleby visit an invalid named Mrs. Wititterly?
4. Once again Nicholas looks for work, and once again what happens?
5. What does Nicholas do when he comes to visit Madeline and Bray?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)