|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Charles Cheeryble confront Nicholas and Kate?
(a) Their decision to leave London.
(b) Their rejection of Frank and Madeline.
(c) Their love for Frank and Madeline.
(d) Their fear of Ralph.
2. With what does Mr. Lillyvick arrive?
(a) Good news.
(b) Bad news.
(c) Some news.
(d) No news.
3. In Hawk's apartments, Pluck and Pyke inform him of what?
(a) Nicholas' determination to kill Ralph.
(b) Nicholas is marrying Madeline.
(c) Rumors of the encounter at the coffee house are all over London.
(d) Rumors that Nicholas is hunting for Hawk.
4. With whom does Nicholas meet at the tavern?
(a) Tilda and Fanny.
(b) Fanny and John.
(c) John and Tilda.
(d) Kate and Mrs. Nickleby.
5. Why do Kate and Mrs. Nickleby visit an invalid named Mrs. Wititterly?
(a) To see if she needs anything.
(b) Mrs. Wititterly has advertised for a companion.
(c) To care for her.
(d) To bring her food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what do Ralph and Gride manipulate Bray?
2. Nicholas paid a call on the Kenwigs,' who have had another baby which Mr. Kenwigs has called what?
3. Gride takes out the deed he mentioned to Ralph, looks it over once more, puts it back in the trunk and leaves. Of what is he unaware?
4. Who does Nicholas see as Mr. Charles introduces him to their clerk, Tim?
5. How does Nicholas react when he hears the men saying less than polite comments about Kate?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)