|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been causing Ralph to lose sleep?
(b) A mysterious feeling.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) Noises in his home.
2. After the men have gone, of what does Mrs. Wititterly accuse Kate?
(a) Stealing Hawk away from her.
(b) Manipulating the situation in order to be alone with Hawk and thereby advance her position at the expense of the Wititterlys.
(c) Allowing a potential husband to walk out the door.
(d) Not caring enough about wealth.
3. Ralph orders Noggs to get a coach to take them to the Strand, which Noggs realizes will take Ralph where?
(a) To Hawk.
(b) To John.
(c) To the home of Nickleby and Kate.
(d) To Nicholas.
4. What does Nicholas do as Mrs. Grudden sings a sentimental song?
(a) He makes his farewells and leaves with Smike.
(b) He sits silently.
(c) He joins her in the song.
(d) He cries.
5. Why is Mr. Lenville, another senior actor, concerned?
(a) His acting is not as good as it once was.
(b) His roles have become smaller.
(c) He is not getting the applause he used to since Nicholas arrived.
(d) His characters are much more difficult to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ralph's office, Ralph speaks to himself of what?
2. With what does Mr. Lillyvick arrive?
3. What does Squeers tell Ralph he will do if the police ask him what happened?
4. How does Nicholas react when he hears the men saying less than polite comments about Kate?
5. Once again Nicholas looks for work, and once again what happens?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)