|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened within two weeks of the trip?
(a) Smike has died.
(b) Smike has become healthier.
(c) Smike becomes too ill to move.
(d) Smike is depressed.
2. What does Nicholas say they learned on their journey?
(a) That money is what is important.
(b) That no one can be trusted.
(c) That to become connected with money is to become corrupted.
(d) That love does not exist.
3. The next day, we see whose offices?
(a) Both Nicholas' and Ralph's.
(b) Both Ralph's and Hawk's.
(c) Both the Cheerbyles' and Kate's.
(d) Both Ralph's and the Cheerbyles'.
4. How does Ralph believe they can take revenge on Nicholas?
(a) By catching him and having him put in jail.
(b) By marrying Kate.
(c) By stealing his inheritance.
(d) By finding the person who took the deed, taking the deed from her, and destroying it.
5. Why does one of the senior actors, Folair, take Nicholas aside?
(a) To thank Nicholas for a job well done.
(b) To express his curiosity about his and Smike's true origins and names.
(c) To give Nicholas a gift.
(d) To complain about Nicholas' play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hawk respond when Kate tells him how intensely she dislikes him?
2. Gride takes out the deed he mentioned to Ralph, looks it over once more, puts it back in the trunk and leaves. Of what is he unaware?
3. Just as everybody returns to go in to dinner, Noggs arrives in a new suit, confessing what?
4. For what does Gride get ready?
5. How does Squeers feel about Snawley?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)