|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas speak, regarding Ralph?
(a) He speaks to Ralph, regarding the urgent letter.
(b) He speaks the words that Ralph is reading in the urgent letter.
(c) He speaks about who sent the urgent letter to Ralph.
(d) He mocks Ralph as Ralph reads the urgent letter.
2. For what does Gride get ready?
(a) His wedding to Kate.
(b) Nicholas' wedding to Madeline.
(c) His wedding to Madeline.
(d) Madeline's wedding to Ralph.
3. Describe Bray.
(a) He is a handsome, sweet man.
(b) He is a robust young man.
(c) He is a kind, old gentleman.
(d) He is touchy and in a wheelchair.
4. With whom does Nicholas meet at the tavern?
(a) Kate and Mrs. Nickleby.
(b) Fanny and John.
(c) Tilda and Fanny.
(d) John and Tilda.
5. What happens when Squeers mentions Smike to Ralph?
(a) Ralph becomes upset.
(b) Ralph does not want to hear about Smike.
(c) Ralph becomes more interested and gets details of where Squeers is staying.
(d) Ralph wants Smike dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas paid a call on the Kenwigs,' who have had another baby which Mr. Kenwigs has called what?
2. Where are Nicholas and Kate headed?
3. In Ralph's office, Ralph speaks to himself of what?
4. Why does Mr. Charles chide Nicholas and Kate?
5. The next day, we see whose offices?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)