|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Act 3, Scenes 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smike ask Nicholas, when he has gone with them to their home in the country?
(a) To be taken home.
(b) To be left alone.
(c) To be buried in the family cemetery.
(d) To be buried as close as possible to the tree.
2. Melodramatic and overwrought, what does Mr. Mantalini do?
(a) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens these two.
(b) He gets a pair of scissors and threatens to kill himself.
(c) He pulls out a gun with which to shoot the two.
(d) He gets a pair of scissors and acts like he is going to kill his wife.
3. Members of the company, speaking in turn, give what information to the audience?
(a) How to behave as an audience member.
(b) The family backgrounds of each character in the play.
(c) The family background of the Nickleby family.
(d) The location of the play.
4. What is learned about the Cheerybles?
(a) They are protecting Ralph.
(b) They sent Ralph the letter he received in Scene 5.
(c) They do not like Nicholas.
(d) They are not kind.
5. Ignoring Kate's discomfort, Hawk and Verisopht joke about what?
(a) Their taste in women.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her presence almost makes the extra interest Ralph is charging them worthwhile.
(d) Alcohol and other vile habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Paris?
2. Nicholas paid a call on the Kenwigs,' who have had another baby which Mr. Kenwigs has called what?
3. As Kate poses for Miss LaCreevy, what do they discuss?
4. Who is Miss LaCreevy?
5. What does Kate ask Ralph?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)