|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Act 2, Scenes 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Kenwigs ask Nicholas to stay. How does he respond?
(a) He is tired, dirty, and wants to rest.
(b) He cannot stay.
(c) He would be glad to stay.
(d) He does not want to stay.
2. What does Squeers do when leading a spelling lesson?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He purposely gives them words too difficult to spell.
(c) He gives the students too many words.
(d) He teaches the boys to spell incorrectly.
3. Back in London, Newman Noggs arrives at Miss LaCreevy's to take Mrs. Nickleby and Kate where?
(b) Kate's new job.
(c) Their new home.
(d) See Nicholas.
4. Who is the owner of Kate's new place of work?
(a) Madame Maurissaut.
(b) Madame Mantalini.
(c) Madame Morris.
(d) Madame Matthews.
5. What do the boys do when they see this scene?
(a) They gather around and cheer on Mr. Squeers.
(b) They gather around and cheer Nicholas on.
(c) They run away.
(d) They stand in shocked silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas returns despondently to Noggs' rooms. What does Noggs have for him?
2. When Squeers, Mrs. Squeers and Smike are gone, what does Nicholas do?
3. What does Fanny do when a servant girl tries to comfort her?
4. What does Smike tell Nicholas that he cannot remember?
5. Where is Noggs expected?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)