|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
(a) He finds himself the new Bishop of Siberia.
(b) He is defrocked and excommunicated.
(c) He finds himself the new Bishop of Crimea.
(d) He is assassinated.
2. What faith does Nicholas' fiancee have to convert to in order to marry him?
(b) Russian Orthodox.
(c) Roman Catholicism.
3. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
(a) Kokovtsov dies in office of a massive heart attack.
(b) Kokovtsov steps down voluntarily.
(c) A revolutionary assassinates Kokovtsov.
(d) Rasputin pressures Nicholas to remove Kokovtsov.
4. From where does Tsar Nicholas announce Germany's declaration of war on Russia to his subjects?
(a) The German embassy.
(b) The Kremlin.
(c) Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) The Winter Palace.
5. On what date is Alexis, the male heir to the throne of Russia, born?
(a) April 7,1902 (Easter day).
(b) August 12, 1904.
(c) July 28, 1904.
(d) October 30, 1905.
6. When Rasputin visits the Alexander Palace, where does he stay?
(a) At Anna Vyrubova's house.
(b) In Alexis' quarters.
(c) Above the Princesses' bedrooms.
(d) In Nicholas' quarters.
7. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(a) St. Petersburg.
(d) Tsarskoe Selo.
8. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
9. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
(a) Its first real challenge from the Bolsheviks.
(b) A male heir.
(c) Its first constitution and president.
(d) Its first constitution and parliament.
10. Does Queen Victoria have a child with hemophilia? If so, what is the child's name?
(a) Yes. Leopold.
(b) Yes. Albert.
(c) Yes. Louise.
11. With what medical condition is Alexis diagnosed at six weeks of age?
(c) Cleft palate.
12. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
(a) Nine ounces.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Nine kilograms.
(d) Nine grams.
13. Where are the Romanovs when Austria's Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo in 1914?
(a) Vacationing at Livadia.
(b) Sailing on the Standart.
(c) Vacationing in the Crimean mountains.
(d) Hunting in Spala.
14. What does Rasputin do as a child that earns him a reputation as a seer?
(a) He identifies a murderer.
(b) He identifies a horse thief.
(c) He identifies a rapist.
(d) He identifies a bank robber.
15. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
(a) Constantine Petrovich Pobedonostsev.
(b) Petrovich Constantine Pobedonostsev.
(c) Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
(d) Gregory Rasputin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of economy does Russia have in 1906, when Peter Stolypin becomes prime minister of Russia?
2. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
3. What takes place in 1913 that, by July 1914, involves more than one and one half of Russia's citizens?
4. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
5. What is one of the nationalities that is NOT part of the empire over which the Tsar rules?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)