|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Romanovs when Austria's Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo in 1914?
(a) Vacationing in the Crimean mountains.
(b) Vacationing at Livadia.
(c) Sailing on the Standart.
(d) Hunting in Spala.
2. What church is the main Christian influence in Nicholas' country?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) The Russian Orthodox Church.
(c) The Lutheran Church.
(d) The Roman Catholic Church.
3. In 1913, Russia celebrates its tercentenary. How many years is a tercentenary?
4. In whose carriage does Nicholas' mother, Marie, ride during the coronation ceremony?
(c) Catherine the Great's.
(d) Vlad the Impaler's.
5. What does the Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna say about Nicholas and Alexandra?
(a) She says that Nicholas ought to award the throne to his brother Michael in light of Alexis' illness.
(b) She says they are the last generation of Romanov rulers.
(c) She says they are known as the greatest Romanov rulers in history.
(d) She says their son, Alexis, becomes the greatest Romanov ruler.
6. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
(a) Rasputin says Alexis will die, and he does.
(b) Rasputin says Alexis will not die, but he does anyway.
(c) Rasputin says that Alexis will not die and the bleeding stops the next day.
(d) Raputin says Alexis will die, but the bleeding stops the next day.
7. Nicholas' wedding takes place:
(a) In Moscow, during Alexander's funeral.
(b) In St. Petersburg, after Alexander's funeral.
(c) In St. Petersburg, before Alexander's funeral.
(d) In Moscow, after Alexander's funeral.
8. What happens to Alexandra as a result of the stress she experiences while caring for Alexis during the first eleven days of his injury?
(a) She has a nervous breakdown.
(b) Her hair falls out.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) Her hair begns to turn gray.
9. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
(b) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
(c) In case one train breaks down.
(d) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
10. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
(a) May 1895.
(b) January 1896.
(c) January 1895.
(d) May 1896.
11. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
(a) They start shelling Austria.
(b) They reject it outright.
(c) They appeal to their protector, Germany, for help.
(d) They appeal to their protector, Russia, for help.
12. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
(b) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
(c) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
(d) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
13. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
(a) The Red Hand.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) The Black Hand.
(d) The Octobrists.
14. What is one of the nationalities that is NOT part of the empire over which the Tsar rules?
15. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
(a) She has agoraphobia.
(b) She is always seasick.
(c) She has sciatica.
(d) She can't speak Russian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of economy does Russia have in 1906, when Peter Stolypin becomes prime minister of Russia?
2. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
3. In one word, how is Rasputin's appearance described?
4. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
5. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)