|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
(a) They are sent to St. Petersburg.
(b) They stay with the family at Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) They are sent to England.
(d) They are sent to their Aunt Ella's convent.
2. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
(a) The Gulf War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) World War II.
3. When Serbia replies to Austria's ultimatum, what happens?
(a) Austria accepts Serbia's reply but begins shelling Serbia anyway.
(b) Austria rejects Serbia's reply and begins shelling Serbia.
(c) Austria sends a counter-offer to Serbia and begins shelling Serbia.
(d) Austria begins shelling Serbia.
4. When Rasputin visits the Alexander Palace, where does he stay?
(a) Above the Princesses' bedrooms.
(b) In Nicholas' quarters.
(c) In Alexis' quarters.
(d) At Anna Vyrubova's house.
5. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
(b) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
(c) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
(d) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
6. What is the name of the royal yacht?
(a) The Simbirsk.
(b) The Crimea.
(c) The Standart.
(d) The Queen Mary.
7. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
8. Where do the girls live?
(a) Above their father's bedroom at Livadia.
(b) Above their father's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) Above their mother's bedroom at Livadia.
(d) Above their mother's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
9. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
(a) Nine kilograms.
(b) Nine grams.
(c) Nine ounces.
(d) Nine pounds.
10. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
11. When do Tsars invoke the blessing of the icon the Vladimir Mother of God?
(a) During war.
(b) During peace.
(c) When they are crowned.
(d) Before they go to bed.
12. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
(a) A miracle healer.
(b) An exorcist.
(c) An evangelist.
(d) An apostle.
13. What happens to the monk Iliodor after his attempts to confront Rasputin about his immorality fail?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is thrown into prison.
(c) He becomes Rasputin's disciple.
(d) He becomes a revolutionary.
14. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
(a) Indoor plumbing.
(b) Private property.
(c) Labor unions.
(d) Representative democracy.
15. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
(a) Ella and Alexandra.
(b) Alexandra and Queen Victoria.
(c) Alexis and Olga.
(d) Nicholas and Kaiser William.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
2. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
3. Why does the royal trains stop wherever there is a cool spot or water available?
4. "Tsar" is another word for:
5. What is one of the nationalities that is NOT part of the empire over which the Tsar rules?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)