|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1913, Russia celebrates its tercentenary. How many years is a tercentenary?
2. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
(a) Princess Victoria of England.
(b) Princess Alix of Hesse.
(c) Princess Helene of Paris.
(d) Princess Ella of Hesse.
3. When Serbia replies to Austria's ultimatum, what happens?
(a) Austria rejects Serbia's reply and begins shelling Serbia.
(b) Austria accepts Serbia's reply but begins shelling Serbia anyway.
(c) Austria sends a counter-offer to Serbia and begins shelling Serbia.
(d) Austria begins shelling Serbia.
4. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
(a) Goremykin and Stolypin.
(b) Stolypin and Kokovtsov.
(c) Goremykin and Kokovtsov.
(d) Goremykin and Witte.
5. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
(a) January 1895.
(b) May 1896.
(c) May 1895.
(d) January 1896.
6. From where does Tsar Nicholas announce Germany's declaration of war on Russia to his subjects?
(a) The German embassy.
(b) Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) The Kremlin.
(d) The Winter Palace.
7. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
(a) Does not.
(b) Will often.
(c) Will occasionally.
8. How is Rasputin's power over others characterized?
9. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
(a) Gregory Rasputin.
(b) Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
(c) Constantine Petrovich Pobedonostsev.
(d) Petrovich Constantine Pobedonostsev.
10. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
(a) Because people don't understand him.
(b) Because he is accepted by the Romanovs.
(c) Because he has luck with the women.
(d) Because he is more powerful than they were.
11. What is the purpose of the Assembly of Russian Workingmen, found by Plehve and Father George Gapon?
(a) To steer workers away from revolutionary ideas.
(b) To fight for workers' rights.
(c) To overthrow the Tsar.
(d) To steer workers toward revolutionary ideas.
12. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
(a) They keep it a secret.
(b) They are very open and public about it.
(c) They ignore it.
(d) They don't know about it.
13. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
(a) The Octobrists.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) The Black Hand.
(d) The Red Hand.
14. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Gulf War.
(d) World War II.
15. What is the response of Kaiser William, the ruler of Germany and Tsar Nicholas' cousin, to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
(a) He allies Germany with Serbia and, therefore, with Russia as well.
(b) He allies Germany with Austria and, therefore, against Russia and Serbia.
(c) He invades Serbia.
(d) He invades Austria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church is the main Christian influence in Nicholas' country?
2. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
3. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
4. What is one of the nationalities that is NOT part of the empire over which the Tsar rules?
5. The Tsar is the ruler of which country?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)