|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He leaves the priesthood.
(c) He is assassinated.
(d) He becomes a revolutionary.
2. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
(a) May 1896.
(b) January 1896.
(c) May 1895.
(d) January 1895.
3. Russia's 1905 defeat in the Straits of Tsushima shapes its naval strategy for which future war?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Gulf War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
4. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(b) Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) St. Petersburg.
5. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
(a) Petrovich Constantine Pobedonostsev.
(b) Gregory Rasputin.
(c) Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
(d) Constantine Petrovich Pobedonostsev.
6. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
(b) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
(c) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
(d) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
7. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
(a) Will often.
(b) Will occasionally.
(d) Does not.
8. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
(a) Queen Victoria's death.
(b) World War I.
(c) Alexis' hemophilia.
(d) The Bolshevik Revolution.
9. What is Russia's response to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
(a) The Tsar invades Serbia.
(b) The Tsar mobilizes Russian troops along the Serbian border.
(c) The Tsar invades Austria.
(d) The Tsar mobilizes Russian troops along the Austrian border.
10. What does Stolypin do away with?
(a) The monarchy.
(b) Communal farming.
(c) Private property.
(d) The peasantry.
11. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
12. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(d) St. Petersburg.
13. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
(a) Kaiser William II of Germany.
(b) Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands.
(c) President Emile Loubet of France.
(d) Queen Victoria of England.
14. Where do the girls live?
(a) Above their mother's bedroom at Livadia.
(b) Above their mother's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) Above their father's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) Above their father's bedroom at Livadia.
15. What position in Russia's government does Plehve hold?
(a) Foreign Minister.
(b) Minister of Labor.
(c) Minister of the Interior.
(d) Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rasputin visits the Alexander Palace, where does he stay?
2. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
3. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
4. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
5. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)