|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
(b) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
(c) She believes Rasputin heals him.
(d) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
2. Nicholas' wedding takes place:
(a) In Moscow, after Alexander's funeral.
(b) In St. Petersburg, after Alexander's funeral.
(c) In Moscow, during Alexander's funeral.
(d) In St. Petersburg, before Alexander's funeral.
3. When do Tsars invoke the blessing of the icon the Vladimir Mother of God?
(a) During peace.
(b) When they are crowned.
(c) Before they go to bed.
(d) During war.
4. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
5. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
(a) A revolutionary assassinates Kokovtsov.
(b) Kokovtsov steps down voluntarily.
(c) Rasputin pressures Nicholas to remove Kokovtsov.
(d) Kokovtsov dies in office of a massive heart attack.
6. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
(a) He leaves the priesthood.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He becomes a revolutionary.
7. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
(a) They are sent to St. Petersburg.
(b) They stay with the family at Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) They are sent to England.
(d) They are sent to their Aunt Ella's convent.
8. What is the name given to Lenin's group of revolutionaries?
9. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
(a) He finds himself the new Bishop of Siberia.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He is defrocked and excommunicated.
(d) He finds himself the new Bishop of Crimea.
10. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
11. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
(a) She has agoraphobia.
(b) She can't speak Russian.
(c) She is always seasick.
(d) She has sciatica.
12. In 1913, Russia celebrates its tercentenary. How many years is a tercentenary?
13. What faith does Nicholas' fiancee have to convert to in order to marry him?
(a) Roman Catholicism.
(d) Russian Orthodox.
14. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
(a) Because he is more powerful than they were.
(b) Because people don't understand him.
(c) Because he is accepted by the Romanovs.
(d) Because he has luck with the women.
15. What church is the main Christian influence in Nicholas' country?
(a) The Russian Orthodox Church.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Anglican Church.
(d) The Lutheran Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
2. How is Rasputin's power over others characterized?
3. What are Alexandra's own, multiple, medical problems described as?
4. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
5. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)