|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
(a) He walks out of the celebration and refuses to participate.
(b) He physically removes Rasputin.
(c) He physically attacks Rasputin and tries to kill him.
(d) He gives up his seat to Rasputin.
2. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
(b) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
(c) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
(d) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
3. From where does Tsar Nicholas announce Germany's declaration of war on Russia to his subjects?
(a) The Kremlin.
(b) The German embassy.
(c) Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) The Winter Palace.
4. When Serbia replies to Austria's ultimatum, what happens?
(a) Austria begins shelling Serbia.
(b) Austria sends a counter-offer to Serbia and begins shelling Serbia.
(c) Austria rejects Serbia's reply and begins shelling Serbia.
(d) Austria accepts Serbia's reply but begins shelling Serbia anyway.
5. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
(a) He is assassinated.
(b) He becomes a revolutionary.
(c) He leaves the priesthood.
(d) He is arrested.
6. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(a) St. Petersburg.
7. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
(a) They are sent to England.
(b) They stay with the family at Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) They are sent to St. Petersburg.
(d) They are sent to their Aunt Ella's convent.
8. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
(a) Its first constitution and president.
(b) A male heir.
(c) Its first real challenge from the Bolsheviks.
(d) Its first constitution and parliament.
9. On what date is Alexis, the male heir to the throne of Russia, born?
(a) July 28, 1904.
(b) April 7,1902 (Easter day).
(c) October 30, 1905.
(d) August 12, 1904.
10. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
11. Does Queen Victoria have a child with hemophilia? If so, what is the child's name?
(a) Yes. Albert.
(c) Yes. Louise.
(d) Yes. Leopold.
12. What happens to Alexis while the family is vacationing at Spala?
(a) He has a hemorrhage in his groin and abdomen.
(b) He has a hemorrhage in his knee and calf.
(c) He has a hemorrhage in his thigh and knee.
(d) He has a hemorrhage in his groin and thigh.
13. In one word, how is Rasputin's appearance described?
14. What does Stolypin do away with?
(a) Communal farming.
(b) The monarchy.
(c) The peasantry.
(d) Private property.
15. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
(a) Representative democracy.
(b) Private property.
(c) Labor unions.
(d) Indoor plumbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Romanovs when Austria's Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo in 1914?
2. What does Rasputin do when Stolypin banishes him?
3. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
4. What does the Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna say about Nicholas and Alexandra?
5. What happens to the monk Iliodor after his attempts to confront Rasputin about his immorality fail?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)