|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the girls live?
(a) Above their mother's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(b) Above their father's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) Above their mother's bedroom at Livadia.
(d) Above their father's bedroom at Livadia.
2. What is the name given to Lenin's group of revolutionaries?
3. The Tsar is the ruler of which country?
(b) The Soviet Union.
4. What faith does Nicholas' fiancee have to convert to in order to marry him?
(a) Russian Orthodox.
(c) Roman Catholicism.
5. How does Alexandra meet Rasputin?
(a) Through Nicholas.
(b) Through the Empress Marie, her mother-in-law.
(c) Through her best friend, Anna Vyrubova.
(d) Through Alexis' bodyguards.
6. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
(a) A miracle healer.
(b) An apostle.
(c) An evangelist.
(d) An exorcist.
7. This Russian wins the Nobel Prize in 1904:
(a) Ivan Pavlov.
(b) Mikhail Gorbachev.
(c) Leon Trotsky.
(d) Leo Tolstoy.
8. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
(a) She has sciatica.
(b) She is always seasick.
(c) She can't speak Russian.
(d) She has agoraphobia.
9. Nicholas' wedding takes place:
(a) In St. Petersburg, after Alexander's funeral.
(b) In St. Petersburg, before Alexander's funeral.
(c) In Moscow, after Alexander's funeral.
(d) In Moscow, during Alexander's funeral.
10. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
11. What does Rasputin do as a child that earns him a reputation as a seer?
(a) He identifies a rapist.
(b) He identifies a murderer.
(c) He identifies a horse thief.
(d) He identifies a bank robber.
12. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
(b) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
(c) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
(d) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
13. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
(a) Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands.
(b) Queen Victoria of England.
(c) President Emile Loubet of France.
(d) Kaiser William II of Germany.
14. In one word, how is Rasputin's appearance described?
15. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
(a) January 1895.
(b) May 1896.
(c) January 1896.
(d) May 1895.
Short Answer Questions
1. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
2. With what medical condition is Alexis diagnosed at six weeks of age?
3. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
4. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
5. What German author's writings influence Lenin?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)