|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
(a) Kokovtsov steps down voluntarily.
(b) Rasputin pressures Nicholas to remove Kokovtsov.
(c) Kokovtsov dies in office of a massive heart attack.
(d) A revolutionary assassinates Kokovtsov.
2. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
(a) Russia's House of Representatives.
(b) Russia's national soccer team.
(c) Russia's Senate.
(d) Russia's Parliament.
3. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
4. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
(a) January 1896.
(b) January 1895.
(c) May 1896.
(d) May 1895.
5. What is one of the nationalities that is NOT part of the empire over which the Tsar rules?
6. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(b) Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) St. Petersburg.
7. What kind of life do the Tsar's children lead?
8. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
(a) Alexis' hemophilia.
(b) Queen Victoria's death.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Bolshevik Revolution.
9. What is Russia's response to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
(a) The Tsar mobilizes Russian troops along the Austrian border.
(b) The Tsar invades Serbia.
(c) The Tsar invades Austria.
(d) The Tsar mobilizes Russian troops along the Serbian border.
10. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
(a) She has agoraphobia.
(b) She can't speak Russian.
(c) She is always seasick.
(d) She has sciatica.
11. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
(a) He is defrocked and excommunicated.
(b) He finds himself the new Bishop of Crimea.
(c) He finds himself the new Bishop of Siberia.
(d) He is assassinated.
12. In what language does Nicholas want all business conducted?
13. What is the name of the royal yacht?
(a) The Simbirsk.
(b) The Crimea.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The Standart.
14. With whom do the girls go to St. Petersburg on Sundays?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their brother's bodyguards.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their own bodyguards.
15. What are Alexandra's own, multiple, medical problems described as?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls live?
2. What is the response of Kaiser William, the ruler of Germany and Tsar Nicholas' cousin, to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
3. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
4. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
5. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)