|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alexandra as a result of the stress she experiences while caring for Alexis during the first eleven days of his injury?
(a) She has a nervous breakdown.
(b) She has a stroke.
(c) Her hair begns to turn gray.
(d) Her hair falls out.
2. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
(a) Will often.
(b) Does not.
(d) Will occasionally.
3. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
(a) An evangelist.
(b) An apostle.
(c) A miracle healer.
(d) An exorcist.
4. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
5. Nicholas presents his fiancee with jewels designed by:
6. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
(a) Its first constitution and parliament.
(b) Its first real challenge from the Bolsheviks.
(c) A male heir.
(d) Its first constitution and president.
7. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
(a) She is always seasick.
(b) She can't speak Russian.
(c) She has sciatica.
(d) She has agoraphobia.
8. Why does the royal trains stop wherever there is a cool spot or water available?
(a) Because travel is hot and stuffy.
(b) Because the trains overheat often.
(c) Because travel is cold and damp.
(d) Because there is no water on the trains.
9. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
10. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
(b) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
(c) She believes Rasputin heals him.
(d) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
11. What is one of the nationalities that is NOT part of the empire over which the Tsar rules?
12. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(b) St. Petersburg.
13. What German author's writings influence Lenin?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Friederich Nietzsche.
(d) Heinrich Heine.
14. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
(a) He gives up his seat to Rasputin.
(b) He physically attacks Rasputin and tries to kill him.
(c) He walks out of the celebration and refuses to participate.
(d) He physically removes Rasputin.
15. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
(a) January 1895.
(b) May 1895.
(c) January 1896.
(d) May 1896.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alexandra meet Rasputin?
2. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
3. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
4. Nicholas is especially weak in ___________ affairs.
5. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)