|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
(a) Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
(b) Petrovich Constantine Pobedonostsev.
(c) Constantine Petrovich Pobedonostsev.
(d) Gregory Rasputin.
2. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
(b) The Crimea.
(c) The Urals.
(d) The Ukraine.
3. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
4. Why does the royal trains stop wherever there is a cool spot or water available?
(a) Because there is no water on the trains.
(b) Because travel is hot and stuffy.
(c) Because the trains overheat often.
(d) Because travel is cold and damp.
5. What happens to the monk Iliodor after his attempts to confront Rasputin about his immorality fail?
(a) He is thrown into prison.
(b) He becomes Rasputin's disciple.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He becomes a revolutionary.
6. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
(a) Princess Ella of Hesse.
(b) Princess Alix of Hesse.
(c) Princess Helene of Paris.
(d) Princess Victoria of England.
7. Nicholas' wedding takes place:
(a) In St. Petersburg, before Alexander's funeral.
(b) In Moscow, after Alexander's funeral.
(c) In St. Petersburg, after Alexander's funeral.
(d) In Moscow, during Alexander's funeral.
8. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) In case one train breaks down.
(b) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
(c) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
(d) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
9. When Serbia replies to Austria's ultimatum, what happens?
(a) Austria rejects Serbia's reply and begins shelling Serbia.
(b) Austria accepts Serbia's reply but begins shelling Serbia anyway.
(c) Austria begins shelling Serbia.
(d) Austria sends a counter-offer to Serbia and begins shelling Serbia.
10. What happens to Alexandra as a result of the stress she experiences while caring for Alexis during the first eleven days of his injury?
(a) She has a stroke.
(b) Her hair begns to turn gray.
(c) Her hair falls out.
(d) She has a nervous breakdown.
11. With whom do the girls go to St. Petersburg on Sundays?
(a) Their brother's bodyguards.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their own bodyguards.
12. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
(a) Nine grams.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Nine kilograms.
(d) Nine ounces.
13. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
(a) A male heir.
(b) Its first real challenge from the Bolsheviks.
(c) Its first constitution and parliament.
(d) Its first constitution and president.
14. Where do the girls live?
(a) Above their father's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(b) Above their mother's bedroom at Livadia.
(c) Above their mother's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) Above their father's bedroom at Livadia.
15. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
(a) Russia's Parliament.
(b) Russia's national soccer team.
(c) Russia's Senate.
(d) Russia's House of Representatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position in Russia's government does Plehve hold?
2. In what language does Nicholas want all business conducted?
3. What kind of life do the Tsar's children lead?
4. What does Rasputin do when Stolypin banishes him?
5. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)