|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Queen is known to carry the gene for hemophilia. How many of her daughters also carry the gene?
2. From where does Tsar Nicholas announce Germany's declaration of war on Russia to his subjects?
(a) The Kremlin.
(b) Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) The Winter Palace.
(d) The German embassy.
3. What does Stolypin do away with?
(a) The monarchy.
(b) Private property.
(c) The peasantry.
(d) Communal farming.
4. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
(a) He becomes a revolutionary.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He leaves the priesthood.
(d) He is assassinated.
5. The Tsar is the ruler of which country?
(b) The Soviet Union.
6. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
(a) She can't speak Russian.
(b) She has sciatica.
(c) She has agoraphobia.
(d) She is always seasick.
7. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
(a) They are sent to their Aunt Ella's convent.
(b) They stay with the family at Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) They are sent to St. Petersburg.
(d) They are sent to England.
8. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
(b) In case one train breaks down.
(c) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
(d) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
9. Where do the girls live?
(a) Above their mother's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(b) Above their mother's bedroom at Livadia.
(c) Above their father's bedroom at Livadia.
(d) Above their father's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
10. With whom do the girls go to St. Petersburg on Sundays?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their own bodyguards.
(c) Their brother's bodyguards.
(d) Their aunt.
11. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
(a) May 1896.
(b) January 1895.
(c) January 1896.
(d) May 1895.
12. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
(a) They don't know about it.
(b) They keep it a secret.
(c) They are very open and public about it.
(d) They ignore it.
13. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
14. What kind of life do the Tsar's children lead?
15. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
2. What are Alexandra's own, multiple, medical problems described as?
3. What is the Romanovs' approach to publicizing Alexis' Spala injury?
4. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
5. What is the name of the royal yacht?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)