|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
(b) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
(c) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
(d) She believes Rasputin heals him.
2. What does Rasputin do when Stolypin banishes him?
(a) He goes on a trip to Palestine.
(b) He goes on a trip to Jerusalem.
(c) He goes on a trip to Japan.
(d) He goes on a trip to the United States.
3. How is Rasputin's power over others characterized?
4. When Rasputin visits the Alexander Palace, where does he stay?
(a) Above the Princesses' bedrooms.
(b) In Nicholas' quarters.
(c) At Anna Vyrubova's house.
(d) In Alexis' quarters.
5. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
(b) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
(c) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
(d) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
6. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
(a) They stay with the family at Tsarskoe Selo.
(b) They are sent to St. Petersburg.
(c) They are sent to England.
(d) They are sent to their Aunt Ella's convent.
7. With what medical condition is Alexis diagnosed at six weeks of age?
(a) Cleft palate.
8. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
(a) Goremykin and Witte.
(b) Goremykin and Kokovtsov.
(c) Stolypin and Kokovtsov.
(d) Goremykin and Stolypin.
9. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
(a) Princess Victoria of England.
(b) Princess Ella of Hesse.
(c) Princess Alix of Hesse.
(d) Princess Helene of Paris.
10. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
11. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
(a) Raputin says Alexis will die, but the bleeding stops the next day.
(b) Rasputin says Alexis will die, and he does.
(c) Rasputin says Alexis will not die, but he does anyway.
(d) Rasputin says that Alexis will not die and the bleeding stops the next day.
12. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
(a) Kaiser William II of Germany.
(b) Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands.
(c) Queen Victoria of England.
(d) President Emile Loubet of France.
13. What is the Romanovs' approach to publicizing Alexis' Spala injury?
(a) They use it as an opportunity to educate Russians about hemophilia.
(b) They only tell close friends and immediate family.
(c) They only tell the citizens of Spala and St. Petersburg and swear them to secrecy on pain of death.
(d) They keep it a secret from the world.
14. What type of economy does Russia have in 1906, when Peter Stolypin becomes prime minister of Russia?
15. Which option lists the names of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters in order of their birth?
(a) Tatiana, Olga, Marie, and Anastasia.
(b) Anastasia, Marie, Tatiana, and Olga.
(c) Olga, Tatiana, Marie, and Anastasia.
(d) Marie, Anastasia, Olga, and Tatiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas presents his fiancee with jewels designed by:
2. Nicholas' wedding takes place:
3. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
4. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
5. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)