|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
(a) He is assassinated.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He leaves the priesthood.
(d) He becomes a revolutionary.
2. What is the response of Kaiser William, the ruler of Germany and Tsar Nicholas' cousin, to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
(a) He invades Austria.
(b) He invades Serbia.
(c) He allies Germany with Serbia and, therefore, with Russia as well.
(d) He allies Germany with Austria and, therefore, against Russia and Serbia.
3. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
(a) He physically removes Rasputin.
(b) He gives up his seat to Rasputin.
(c) He walks out of the celebration and refuses to participate.
(d) He physically attacks Rasputin and tries to kill him.
4. When do Tsars invoke the blessing of the icon the Vladimir Mother of God?
(a) During war.
(b) When they are crowned.
(c) During peace.
(d) Before they go to bed.
5. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
6. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
7. What German author's writings influence Lenin?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Friederich Nietzsche.
(c) Heinrich Heine.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
8. What does Rasputin do as a child that earns him a reputation as a seer?
(a) He identifies a horse thief.
(b) He identifies a rapist.
(c) He identifies a bank robber.
(d) He identifies a murderer.
9. What position in Russia's government does Plehve hold?
(a) Minister of Labor.
(b) Foreign Minister.
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) Minister of the Interior.
10. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
(a) Queen Victoria's death.
(b) Alexis' hemophilia.
(c) The Bolshevik Revolution.
(d) World War I.
11. What does Rasputin do when Stolypin banishes him?
(a) He goes on a trip to Palestine.
(b) He goes on a trip to Jerusalem.
(c) He goes on a trip to the United States.
(d) He goes on a trip to Japan.
12. Where do the girls live?
(a) Above their mother's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(b) Above their mother's bedroom at Livadia.
(c) Above their father's bedroom at Livadia.
(d) Above their father's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
13. With whom do the girls go to St. Petersburg on Sundays?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their brother's bodyguards.
(d) Their own bodyguards.
14. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
(d) Passport office.
15. What is Russia's response to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
(a) The Tsar invades Austria.
(b) The Tsar mobilizes Russian troops along the Austrian border.
(c) The Tsar mobilizes Russian troops along the Serbian border.
(d) The Tsar invades Serbia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to all the official ceremonies, what else do the Romanovs do to celebrate Russia's tercentenary?
2. "Tsar" is another word for:
3. What type of economy does Russia have in 1906, when Peter Stolypin becomes prime minister of Russia?
4. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
5. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)