|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the older two daughters not make their public debut in 1914?
(a) The Bolshevik Revolution.
(b) Queen Victoria's death.
(c) World War I.
(d) Alexis' hemophilia.
2. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
(a) Kokovtsov dies in office of a massive heart attack.
(b) A revolutionary assassinates Kokovtsov.
(c) Kokovtsov steps down voluntarily.
(d) Rasputin pressures Nicholas to remove Kokovtsov.
3. What position in Russia's government does Plehve hold?
(a) Minister of the Interior.
(b) Foreign Minister.
(c) Minister of Labor.
(d) Prime Minister.
4. With what medical condition is Alexis diagnosed at six weeks of age?
(d) Cleft palate.
5. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(b) Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) St. Petersburg.
6. When do Tsars invoke the blessing of the icon the Vladimir Mother of God?
(a) When they are crowned.
(b) During peace.
(c) During war.
(d) Before they go to bed.
7. Why does Russia negotiate a ninety-nine-year lease with China on Port Arthur?
(a) It gives Russia an eastern port.
(b) It gives Russia an ice-free port.
(c) It gives Russia a foot in the door with the Chinese.
(d) It gives Russia a way to get supplies to Siberia by sea.
8. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
(a) They reject it outright.
(b) They start shelling Austria.
(c) They appeal to their protector, Russia, for help.
(d) They appeal to their protector, Germany, for help.
9. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
(a) Goremykin and Witte.
(b) Goremykin and Kokovtsov.
(c) Stolypin and Kokovtsov.
(d) Goremykin and Stolypin.
10. In 1913, Russia celebrates its tercentenary. How many years is a tercentenary?
11. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
(a) They stay with the family at Tsarskoe Selo.
(b) They are sent to St. Petersburg.
(c) They are sent to their Aunt Ella's convent.
(d) They are sent to England.
12. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
(a) Russia's Senate.
(b) Russia's national soccer team.
(c) Russia's House of Representatives.
(d) Russia's Parliament.
13. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
14. When Rasputin visits the Alexander Palace, where does he stay?
(a) In Nicholas' quarters.
(b) At Anna Vyrubova's house.
(c) Above the Princesses' bedrooms.
(d) In Alexis' quarters.
15. What is the name given to Lenin's group of revolutionaries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls live?
2. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
3. What happens to the monk Iliodor after his attempts to confront Rasputin about his immorality fail?
4. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
5. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)