|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
(a) He becomes a revolutionary.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He leaves the priesthood.
2. When do Tsars invoke the blessing of the icon the Vladimir Mother of God?
(a) During war.
(b) Before they go to bed.
(c) When they are crowned.
(d) During peace.
3. Nicholas' wedding takes place:
(a) In St. Petersburg, before Alexander's funeral.
(b) In Moscow, during Alexander's funeral.
(c) In St. Petersburg, after Alexander's funeral.
(d) In Moscow, after Alexander's funeral.
4. What kind of life do the Tsar's children lead?
5. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
(a) They don't know about it.
(b) They are very open and public about it.
(c) They keep it a secret.
(d) They ignore it.
6. What takes place in 1913 that, by July 1914, involves more than one and one half of Russia's citizens?
(a) A religious awakening.
(b) A nationwide strike.
(c) A political movement.
(d) A plague.
7. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
8. Which option lists the names of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters in order of their birth?
(a) Anastasia, Marie, Tatiana, and Olga.
(b) Marie, Anastasia, Olga, and Tatiana.
(c) Tatiana, Olga, Marie, and Anastasia.
(d) Olga, Tatiana, Marie, and Anastasia.
9. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
(a) Nine grams.
(b) Nine kilograms.
(c) Nine pounds.
(d) Nine ounces.
10. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
(a) Labor unions.
(b) Indoor plumbing.
(c) Representative democracy.
(d) Private property.
11. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
(a) Princess Alix of Hesse.
(b) Princess Victoria of England.
(c) Princess Ella of Hesse.
(d) Princess Helene of Paris.
12. What is the response of Kaiser William, the ruler of Germany and Tsar Nicholas' cousin, to the Austrian shelling of Serbia?
(a) He invades Serbia.
(b) He invades Austria.
(c) He allies Germany with Austria and, therefore, against Russia and Serbia.
(d) He allies Germany with Serbia and, therefore, with Russia as well.
13. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
(a) Rasputin says Alexis will die, and he does.
(b) Raputin says Alexis will die, but the bleeding stops the next day.
(c) Rasputin says that Alexis will not die and the bleeding stops the next day.
(d) Rasputin says Alexis will not die, but he does anyway.
14. In addition to all the official ceremonies, what else do the Romanovs do to celebrate Russia's tercentenary?
(a) They make a pilgrimage to trace the route of the first Tsar.
(b) They make a public relations trip through every country in Europe.
(c) They make a pilgrimage to Constantinople, the seat of Orthodoxy.
(d) They make a cross-country public relations trip.
15. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
(a) He physically removes Rasputin.
(b) He gives up his seat to Rasputin.
(c) He physically attacks Rasputin and tries to kill him.
(d) He walks out of the celebration and refuses to participate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Alexandra's own, multiple, medical problems described as?
2. This Russian wins the Nobel Prize in 1904:
3. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
4. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
5. Why does the royal trains stop wherever there is a cool spot or water available?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)