|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
(a) Alexis and Olga.
(b) Alexandra and Queen Victoria.
(c) Nicholas and Kaiser William.
(d) Ella and Alexandra.
2. What position in Russia's government does Plehve hold?
(a) Prime Minister.
(b) Minister of Labor.
(c) Minister of the Interior.
(d) Foreign Minister.
3. What church is the main Christian influence in Nicholas' country?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Russian Orthodox Church.
(d) The Lutheran Church.
4. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin heals him.
(b) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
(c) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
(d) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
5. What German author's writings influence Lenin?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Heinrich Heine.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Friederich Nietzsche.
6. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
(b) Passport office.
7. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(c) St. Petersburg.
8. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
(a) He walks out of the celebration and refuses to participate.
(b) He physically removes Rasputin.
(c) He gives up his seat to Rasputin.
(d) He physically attacks Rasputin and tries to kill him.
9. When do Tsars invoke the blessing of the icon the Vladimir Mother of God?
(a) During peace.
(b) During war.
(c) When they are crowned.
(d) Before they go to bed.
10. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
(a) They keep it a secret.
(b) They are very open and public about it.
(c) They don't know about it.
(d) They ignore it.
11. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
(a) Princess Helene of Paris.
(b) Princess Victoria of England.
(c) Princess Alix of Hesse.
(d) Princess Ella of Hesse.
12. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
(b) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
(c) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
(d) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
13. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
(a) Because he is accepted by the Romanovs.
(b) Because he has luck with the women.
(c) Because he is more powerful than they were.
(d) Because people don't understand him.
14. From where does Tsar Nicholas announce Germany's declaration of war on Russia to his subjects?
(a) The Kremlin.
(b) The Winter Palace.
(c) The German embassy.
(d) Tsarskoe Selo.
15. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(a) St. Petersburg.
(c) Tsarskoe Selo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which member of the European royal family does the hemophilia gene first appear as a spontaneous mutation?
2. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
3. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
4. In what month and year is Nicholas II crowned Tsar?
5. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)