Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faith does Nicholas' fiancee have to convert to in order to marry him?
(a) Roman Catholicism.
(c) Russian Orthodox.
2. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
3. What happens to the Bishop of St. Petersburg when he tries to investigate Rasputin's immoral behavior?
(a) He is assassinated.
(b) He is defrocked and excommunicated.
(c) He finds himself the new Bishop of Crimea.
(d) He finds himself the new Bishop of Siberia.
4. What beneficial effect does Alexandra believe Rasputin has on Alexis?
(a) She believes Rasputin protects him from injury.
(b) She believes Rasputin makes him holy.
(c) She believes Rasputin heals him.
(d) She believes Rasputin keeps him calm.
5. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
6. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
(b) Will occasionally.
(c) Does not.
(d) Will often.
7. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
(b) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
(c) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
(d) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
8. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
(d) Passport office.
9. When Alexandra calls Rasputin the night they all think Alexis dies, what does he say?
(a) Raputin says Alexis will die, but the bleeding stops the next day.
(b) Rasputin says that Alexis will not die and the bleeding stops the next day.
(c) Rasputin says Alexis will die, and he does.
(d) Rasputin says Alexis will not die, but he does anyway.
10. The Tsar is the ruler of which country?
(d) The Soviet Union.
11. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
12. How is Rasputin's power over others characterized?
13. Does Queen Victoria have a child with hemophilia? If so, what is the child's name?
(a) Yes. Louise.
(b) Yes. Albert.
(d) Yes. Leopold.
14. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
(a) They are sent to England.
(b) They are sent to St. Petersburg.
(c) They are sent to their Aunt Ella's convent.
(d) They stay with the family at Tsarskoe Selo.
15. What are the names of Alexis' bodyguards?
(a) Derevenko and Nagorny.
(b) Lenin and Trotsky.
(c) Anatevka and Datsyuk.
(d) Nureyev and Nijinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prime Minister Kokovtsov, who replaces Stolypin after his assassination, come to be replaced by Rasputin's ally, Goremykin?
2. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
3. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
4. In which member of the European royal family does the hemophilia gene first appear as a spontaneous mutation?
5. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)