|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
2. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
(a) Because he is accepted by the Romanovs.
(b) Because he is more powerful than they were.
(c) Because people don't understand him.
(d) Because he has luck with the women.
3. Nicholas' wedding takes place:
(a) In Moscow, during Alexander's funeral.
(b) In St. Petersburg, after Alexander's funeral.
(c) In Moscow, after Alexander's funeral.
(d) In St. Petersburg, before Alexander's funeral.
4. When do Tsars invoke the blessing of the icon the Vladimir Mother of God?
(a) During war.
(b) When they are crowned.
(c) During peace.
(d) Before they go to bed.
5. Why does Russia negotiate a ninety-nine-year lease with China on Port Arthur?
(a) It gives Russia a way to get supplies to Siberia by sea.
(b) It gives Russia a foot in the door with the Chinese.
(c) It gives Russia an ice-free port.
(d) It gives Russia an eastern port.
6. What takes place in 1913 that, by July 1914, involves more than one and one half of Russia's citizens?
(a) A plague.
(b) A nationwide strike.
(c) A religious awakening.
(d) A political movement.
7. Where are the Romanovs when Austria's Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo in 1914?
(a) Vacationing at Livadia.
(b) Sailing on the Standart.
(c) Hunting in Spala.
(d) Vacationing in the Crimean mountains.
8. In one word, how is Rasputin's appearance described?
9. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(c) St. Petersburg.
10. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
11. The Queen is known to carry the gene for hemophilia. How many of her daughters also carry the gene?
12. What is one of the nationalities that is NOT part of the empire over which the Tsar rules?
13. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(c) Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) St. Petersburg.
14. This Russian wins the Nobel Prize in 1904:
(a) Leon Trotsky.
(b) Ivan Pavlov.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Mikhail Gorbachev.
15. Who is Nicholas' most important tutor?
(a) Petrovich Constantine Pobedonostsev.
(b) Vladimir Ilyich Lenin.
(c) Constantine Petrovich Pobedonostsev.
(d) Gregory Rasputin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Queen Victoria have a child with hemophilia? If so, what is the child's name?
2. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
3. The Tsar is the ruler of which country?
4. In which member of the European royal family does the hemophilia gene first appear as a spontaneous mutation?
5. How do Nicholas and Alexandra deal with Alexis' medical condition?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)