|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church is the main Christian influence in Nicholas' country?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Russian Orthodox Church.
(d) The Lutheran Church.
2. In 1913, Russia celebrates its tercentenary. How many years is a tercentenary?
3. How is Rasputin's power over others characterized?
4. Where are the Romanovs when Austria's Archduke Ferdinand is assassinated in Sarajevo in 1914?
(a) Hunting in Spala.
(b) Vacationing at Livadia.
(c) Sailing on the Standart.
(d) Vacationing in the Crimean mountains.
5. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(d) St. Petersburg.
6. Which Russian Prime Ministers does Alexandra send Rasputin to meet with?
(a) Goremykin and Kokovtsov.
(b) Goremykin and Stolypin.
(c) Stolypin and Kokovtsov.
(d) Goremykin and Witte.
7. Nicholas' father, Alexander III, dies at the family's palace at:
8. What faith does Nicholas' fiancee have to convert to in order to marry him?
(c) Russian Orthodox.
(d) Roman Catholicism.
9. Where do the girls live?
(a) Above their mother's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(b) Above their father's bedroom at Tsarskoe Selo.
(c) Above their father's bedroom at Livadia.
(d) Above their mother's bedroom at Livadia.
10. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
(a) Passport office.
11. What is one of the nationalities that is NOT part of the empire over which the Tsar rules?
12. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
(a) Russia's Senate.
(b) Russia's Parliament.
(c) Russia's House of Representatives.
(d) Russia's national soccer team.
13. Does Queen Victoria have a child with hemophilia? If so, what is the child's name?
(b) Yes. Albert.
(c) Yes. Leopold.
(d) Yes. Louise.
14. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
(a) Private property.
(b) Representative democracy.
(c) Indoor plumbing.
(d) Labor unions.
15. What is the name of the first Romanov Tsar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which European ruler is the blood cousin of Tsar Nicholas II?
2. In which member of the European royal family does the hemophilia gene first appear as a spontaneous mutation?
3. Why does Russia negotiate a ninety-nine-year lease with China on Port Arthur?
4. On what date is Alexis, the male heir to the throne of Russia, born?
5. What position in Russia's government does Plehve hold?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)