|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(d) St. Petersburg.
2. In what language does Nicholas want all business conducted?
3. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
(b) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
(c) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
(d) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
4. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
(a) The Octobrists.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) The Red Hand.
(d) The Black Hand.
5. The Tsar is the ruler of which country?
(d) The Soviet Union.
6. What takes place in 1913 that, by July 1914, involves more than one and one half of Russia's citizens?
(a) A political movement.
(b) A plague.
(c) A nationwide strike.
(d) A religious awakening.
7. When Rasputin visits the Alexander Palace, where does he stay?
(a) In Nicholas' quarters.
(b) At Anna Vyrubova's house.
(c) Above the Princesses' bedrooms.
(d) In Alexis' quarters.
8. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
(d) Passport office.
9. What happens to Alexis while the family is vacationing at Spala?
(a) He has a hemorrhage in his knee and calf.
(b) He has a hemorrhage in his groin and abdomen.
(c) He has a hemorrhage in his groin and thigh.
(d) He has a hemorrhage in his thigh and knee.
10. What is the name of the woman who NIcholas' parents want him to marry?
(a) Princess Alix of Hesse.
(b) Princess Victoria of England.
(c) Princess Ella of Hesse.
(d) Princess Helene of Paris.
11. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
(a) He becomes a revolutionary.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He leaves the priesthood.
12. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
(a) Because he has luck with the women.
(b) Because people don't understand him.
(c) Because he is more powerful than they were.
(d) Because he is accepted by the Romanovs.
13. What is the name given to Lenin's group of revolutionaries?
14. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
(b) In case one train breaks down.
(c) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
(d) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
15. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
(a) They reject it outright.
(b) They appeal to their protector, Germany, for help.
(c) They appeal to their protector, Russia, for help.
(d) They start shelling Austria.
Short Answer Questions
1. This Russian wins the Nobel Prize in 1904:
2. How does Alexandra meet Rasputin?
3. What are the names of Alexis' bodyguards?
4. Alexis' illness _________ alter the household routine.
5. What happens to Alexandra as a result of the stress she experiences while caring for Alexis during the first eleven days of his injury?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)