|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Queen is known to carry the gene for hemophilia. How many of her daughters also carry the gene?
2. Why does Russia negotiate a ninety-nine-year lease with China on Port Arthur?
(a) It gives Russia a foot in the door with the Chinese.
(b) It gives Russia an eastern port.
(c) It gives Russia an ice-free port.
(d) It gives Russia a way to get supplies to Siberia by sea.
3. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
(b) Passport office.
4. Nicholas presents his fiancee with jewels designed by:
5. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
6. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
(a) Russia's Senate.
(b) Russia's national soccer team.
(c) Russia's Parliament.
(d) Russia's House of Representatives.
7. In addition to all the official ceremonies, what else do the Romanovs do to celebrate Russia's tercentenary?
(a) They make a pilgrimage to trace the route of the first Tsar.
(b) They make a pilgrimage to Constantinople, the seat of Orthodoxy.
(c) They make a public relations trip through every country in Europe.
(d) They make a cross-country public relations trip.
8. What position in Russia's government does Plehve hold?
(a) Minister of the Interior.
(b) Prime Minister.
(c) Foreign Minister.
(d) Minister of Labor.
9. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
(a) She has sciatica.
(b) She is always seasick.
(c) She can't speak Russian.
(d) She has agoraphobia.
10. Which option lists the names of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters in order of their birth?
(a) Olga, Tatiana, Marie, and Anastasia.
(b) Tatiana, Olga, Marie, and Anastasia.
(c) Anastasia, Marie, Tatiana, and Olga.
(d) Marie, Anastasia, Olga, and Tatiana.
11. In 1913, Russia celebrates its tercentenary. How many years is a tercentenary?
12. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
(a) The Urals.
(b) The Ukraine.
(c) The Crimea.
13. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
(a) Representative democracy.
(b) Indoor plumbing.
(c) Private property.
(d) Labor unions.
14. What are the names of Alexis' bodyguards?
(a) Lenin and Trotsky.
(b) Anatevka and Datsyuk.
(c) Nureyev and Nijinsky.
(d) Derevenko and Nagorny.
15. How much does the Imperial Crown of Russia weigh?
(a) Nine pounds.
(b) Nine ounces.
(c) Nine grams.
(d) Nine kilograms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the two older girls instead of their debut?
2. Why does Alexandra think that people hate Rasputin?
3. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
4. When the Duma arrives for the tercentenary celebration and finds Rasputin sitting in one of their chairs, what does the president of the Duma do?
5. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)