|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
(a) She can't speak Russian.
(b) She has sciatica.
(c) She has agoraphobia.
(d) She is always seasick.
2. With whom do the girls go to St. Petersburg on Sundays?
(a) Their own bodyguards.
(b) Their aunt.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their brother's bodyguards.
3. What is the Imperial Duma, which is first established in May 1906?
(a) Russia's Parliament.
(b) Russia's Senate.
(c) Russia's national soccer team.
(d) Russia's House of Representatives.
4. Nicholas and Alexandra's first home is at the palace in:
(c) Tsarskoe Selo.
(d) St. Petersburg.
5. After an attempt by his organization to give a petition to the Tsar failed, what happens to Father Gapon?
(a) He becomes a revolutionary.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He leaves the priesthood.
(d) He is arrested.
6. What concept does Stolypin introduce to Russian society?
(a) Indoor plumbing.
(b) Representative democracy.
(c) Labor unions.
(d) Private property.
7. When Austria presents an ultimatum to Serbia, what is Serbia's first reaction?
(a) They start shelling Austria.
(b) They reject it outright.
(c) They appeal to their protector, Russia, for help.
(d) They appeal to their protector, Germany, for help.
8. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
(b) In case one train breaks down.
(c) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
(d) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
9. In whose carriage does Nicholas' mother, Marie, ride during the coronation ceremony?
(b) Vlad the Impaler's.
(d) Catherine the Great's.
10. Nicholas presents his fiancee with jewels designed by:
11. As a "starets" or man of God, what is Rasputin specifically considered to be?
(a) A miracle healer.
(b) An exorcist.
(c) An apostle.
(d) An evangelist.
12. Rasputin's influence over the Romanovs causes a rift between __________ and __________.
(a) Nicholas and Kaiser William.
(b) Alexandra and Queen Victoria.
(c) Ella and Alexandra.
(d) Alexis and Olga.
13. Nicholas' wedding takes place:
(a) In Moscow, after Alexander's funeral.
(b) In St. Petersburg, before Alexander's funeral.
(c) In Moscow, during Alexander's funeral.
(d) In St. Petersburg, after Alexander's funeral.
14. What Russian city is the hometown of Vladimir Lenin?
(d) St. Petersburg.
15. What does Rasputin believe about sin?
(a) He believes that sin leads to punishment.
(b) He believes that sin doesn't exist.
(c) He believes that sin leads to depravity.
(d) He believes that sin leads to holiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer does the family stay at Spala, before returning to Tsarskoe Selo, after Alexandra's conversation with Rasputin?
2. How is Rasputin's power over others characterized?
3. What does Russia's government receive on October 30, 1905?
4. What faith does Nicholas' fiancee have to convert to in order to marry him?
5. What is the name of the Serbian revolutionary group to which Archduke Ferdinand's assassin belongs?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)