|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on March 21, 1917?
(a) Nicholas abdicates the throne.
(b) Nicholas and Alexandra are assassinated.
(c) Nicholas and Alexandra are arrested for their own safety.
(d) Michael abdicates the throne.
2. As the revolution begins, what is Nicholas writing to Alexandra about?
(a) Playing dominoes.
(b) Trout fishing.
(c) His plans to save the monarchy.
(d) Preparing to flee with her family to safety.
3. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
(a) The Crimea.
(b) The Urals.
(d) The Ukraine.
4. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
5. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
(a) March 31, 1917.
(b) March 21, 1917.
(c) March 15, 1917.
(d) March 22, 1917.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
2. What is the name of the royal yacht?
3. When Guchkov and Shulgan arrive to confer with Nicholas, to whom does he abdicate his throne in favor of?
4. As Nicholas returns to Petrograd, why is the train detoured to Pskov?
5. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)