|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
(a) Alexandra also abdicates the throne.
(b) Alexis also abdicates the throne.
(c) Michael also abdicates the throne.
(d) The revolutionaries assassinate the Romanovs.
2. What happens on March 21, 1917?
(a) Nicholas and Alexandra are arrested for their own safety.
(b) Michael abdicates the throne.
(c) Nicholas and Alexandra are assassinated.
(d) Nicholas abdicates the throne.
3. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
4. Why do the Romanovs have two identical royal trains that travel a few miles apart?
(a) Because of the danger of revolutionaries.
(b) Because of the danger of foreign invaders.
(c) In case one train breaks down.
(d) Because the family and their attendants are so large.
5. As Nicholas returns to Petrograd, why is the train detoured to Pskov?
(a) A fallen tree is ahead on the tracks.
(b) Another train is derailed ahead on the tracks.
(c) Revolutionary troops are ahead on the tracks.
(d) A rock slide is ahead on the tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Guchkov and Shulgan arrive to confer with Nicholas, to whom does he abdicate his throne in favor of?
2. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
3. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
4. Why does Alexandra rarely leave the yacht?
5. What does the jeweler Faberge make every Easter for Nicholas' wife and mother?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)