|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the jeweler Faberge make every Easter for Nicholas' wife and mother?
(a) Jeweled crosses.
(b) Jeweled rabbits.
(c) Jeweled eggs.
(d) Jewel-encrusted crowns.
2. When do Tsars invoke the blessing of the icon the Vladimir Mother of God?
(a) When they are crowned.
(b) During peace.
(c) Before they go to bed.
(d) During war.
3. When Guchkov and Shulgan arrive to confer with Nicholas, to whom does he abdicate his throne in favor of?
(a) The revolutionaries.
(b) His son Alexis.
(c) His wife Alexandra.
(d) His brother Michael.
4. What region of Russia, where the Romanovs go every spring and celebrate Easter, is the family's favorite?
(a) The Urals.
(c) The Ukraine.
(d) The Crimea.
5. What happens on March 21, 1917?
(a) Nicholas abdicates the throne.
(b) Nicholas and Alexandra are assassinated.
(c) Michael abdicates the throne.
(d) Nicholas and Alexandra are arrested for their own safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the royal trains stop wherever there is a cool spot or water available?
2. From where does Tsar Nicholas announce Germany's declaration of war on Russia to his subjects?
3. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
4. Taxes on the sale of vodka contribute to the government _______________.
5. A crowd storms the German __________ and vandalizes its furnishings and artwork.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)