|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Nicholas returns to Petrograd, why is the train detoured to Pskov?
(a) Another train is derailed ahead on the tracks.
(b) A rock slide is ahead on the tracks.
(c) Revolutionary troops are ahead on the tracks.
(d) A fallen tree is ahead on the tracks.
2. On what date does the provisional government receive official recognition from the United States?
(a) March 22, 1917.
(b) March 31, 1917.
(c) March 21, 1917.
(d) March 15, 1917.
3. What does the Tsar change the name of St. Petersburg to on August 31, 1914?
4. How does the three-hundred-year-old Romanov dynasty end in March, 1917?
(a) The revolutionaries assassinate the Romanovs.
(b) Alexandra also abdicates the throne.
(c) Michael also abdicates the throne.
(d) Alexis also abdicates the throne.
5. Why does the royal trains stop wherever there is a cool spot or water available?
(a) Because there is no water on the trains.
(b) Because the trains overheat often.
(c) Because travel is cold and damp.
(d) Because travel is hot and stuffy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the royal yacht?
2. When Guchkov and Shulgan arrive to confer with Nicholas, to whom does he abdicate his throne in favor of?
3. What does the jeweler Faberge make every Easter for Nicholas' wife and mother?
4. Russia has to limit the amount of _____________ their soldiers use in one day because of shortages.
5. When do Tsars invoke the blessing of the icon the Vladimir Mother of God?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)