|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incenses Wolfhart and makes him rush into the fight?
(a) Anger over Hagen's remorselessness.
(b) Grief over Rudeger.
(c) Folker's taunts.
(d) Hagen's success in battle.
2. Why does Hildebrand arm himself before he goes to inquire about the lamenting?
(a) Arming himself will be safer.
(b) He is too old to arm himself.
(c) He does not arm himself because it will put him at risk.
(d) His nephew expects him to be insulted.
3. What surprises Kriemhild while at court?
(a) Etzel is not paying attention to what Kriemhild says in court.
(b) Hagen is a friend of Dietrich's.
(c) Her brothers still sides with Hagen.
(d) Her brothers told Hagen to sink her treasure.
4. Why does Dame Uta tell Gunther's messengers what she tells them?
(a) She dreamed that all the birds in the land died.
(b) She dreamed that the Huns would wage war on them.
(c) She dreamed that there would be a famine.
(d) She dreamed that two hawks would kill a falcon.
5. What does Rudeger give to Gunther and his men?
(b) Safe passage through his lands.
(c) Protection from Etzel's people.
(d) A hundred horses' burden of gold and silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a night of guarding Gunther and the nobles, when Volker says that his chain-mail has "grown cool on me," what does he mean?
2. What is the dream omen that tells Uote that the warriors should stay home and not travel to Etzel's land?
3. What does Giselher do to Iring when they fight?
4. What does Dietrich overhear Hagen and Gunther saying about him in Adventure 39?
5. What is the name of the sleeping knight?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)