|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudiger expect to be the outcome if he enters the battle?
(a) Rudiger expects Kriemhild to extend mercy to her brothers.
(b) Rudiger expects all his men to die.
(c) Rudiger expects Etzel to find a noble husband for his daughter.
(d) Rudiger expects to die.
2. Who announces in front of the company at the Margrave's home that he would wish to have the Margrave's daughter as a wife?
3. How does Hagen tell his men to outfit themselves the morning after the feast in Etzel's stronghold?
(a) As if for travel.
(b) As if for work in the fields.
(c) As if for battle.
(d) In their finest raiment.
4. What do the people at the Danube tell Hagen?
(a) That all who march to Hungary shall fall.
(b) That Gunther's men will conquer Hungary.
(c) That all the men will marry new wives in Hungary.
(d) That Gunther's men will find riches along the way.
5. How many Burgundian squires die as the Hunnish warriors try to kill Dancwart?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Nine thousand.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Five thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the unarmed knights use to arm themselves when the battle begins between Hagen's brother and Bloedelin's Hunnish warriors?
2. What happens when a Hun runs to aid one of his injured comrades?
3. Why does Hildebrand arm himself before he goes to inquire about the lamenting?
4. What does Gernot tell Rudeger when Rudeger rides out against Gunther's men?
5. What is the dream omen that tells Uote that the warriors should stay home and not travel to Etzel's land?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)