|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Albric?
(a) He is the wise man whom Gunther consults.
(b) He is the jester at Brunhild's court.
(c) He is the protector of the Nibelungers' gold.
(d) He is Siegfried's courtier.
2. How many vassals does Kriemhild take with her to the Netherlands?
(c) Five hundred.
(d) One thousand.
3. Who escorts the Nibelungs from Worms on their return to their own lands after the murder of Siegfried?
(a) Giselher and his men.
(b) Gunther and his men.
(c) Gernot, Giselher, and their men.
(d) No one.
4. Who carries Kriemhild's message to Gunther?
(c) Etzel's minstrels.
5. What blood relative consoles Kriemhild in Burgundy after the death of Siegfried?
(a) The Nibelungs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kriemhild spend most of her time after Siegfried's death?
2. Why does Siegfried gather an army of a thousand Nibelungers?
3. What messengers go to Burgundy to invite Gunther and his men to visit Kriemhild in Hungary?
4. What does Siegmund announce when Siegfried and Kriemhild arrive in the Netherlands?
5. Whom does Kriemhild refuse to pardon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the secret of Siegfried's strength?
2. What does Siegfried say he is doing, and what is he really doing, while Gunther and Brunhild are engaging in a contest of strength?
3. What did Kriemhild dream, and why did Siegfried dismiss her dream?
4. What does Hagen do when he hears that Dankwart has been attacked and that Bloedelin has been killed?
5. How does Dancwart make his way to court in Adventure 32?
6. Why does Brunhild want Gunther to invite Siegfried and Kriemhild to visit?
7. What is the story that Hagen relates to Gunther about Siegfried?
8. Why does Hagen advise Gunther that the messengers should be prevented from returning to Hungary for as long as possible?
9. What are the gifts Rudeger returns to Gunther's men, and whom does he return them to?
10. Dietrich asks for permission to take his leave of the battle between Gunther and the Hunnish warriors. Whom does he take with him by permission of Gunther?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)