|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kriemhild do before Siegfried's body is interred?
(a) Kisses his face.
(b) Challenges Brunhild to a contest.
(c) Insults Gunther.
(d) Accuses Hagen of murder.
2. At the end of the chapter in which Kriemhild and Siegfried meet, what does the poet say the love of a beautiful woman leads to?
(b) Good fortune.
3. Where does Kriemhild live as a widow in Burgundy?
(a) In a house beside the minister at Worms.
(b) In a house near the grave of her beloved Siegfried.
(c) In a house paid for by Giselher.
(d) In an apartment in the fortress, in a separate wing from Gunther.
4. Whom does Kriemhild forgive for involvement in the murder of Siegfried?
(a) Everyone except Hagen.
(c) Everyone except Hagen and Gunther.
(d) Gernot and Giselher.
5. In Adventure 4, what does the secret messenger convey to Kriemhild?
(a) News of her brother's death.
(b) A gift of love from Siegfried.
(c) News of how well Siegfried fights the battle against the two kings.
(d) A poem of love from Siegfried.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Siegfried appoint as commander of the rearguard when he fights Gunther's invaders?
2. What items are needed for the contest between Brunhild and Gunther?
3. What advice does Ortwine give King Gunther?
4. What do Gunther and Brunhild name their son?
5. What is the name of the estate in Burgundy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theme is established in Bloedelin's death?
2. What is given as a dowry for the Margrave's daughter, and by whom?
3. What do Hagen's men say when they hear the invitation from Kriemhild?
4. How does Siegfried treat Brunhild's invitation to return for a visit?
5. How does Etzel's marriage proposal come about?
6. How does Dame Uta explain Kriemhild's dream?
7. What does one of the Hunnish knights see that prevents him from attacking King Gunther and his men while they sleep after the Midsummer Eve's festivities?
8. How does Hagen get the party across the flood-swollen Danube?
9. What favor does Kriemhild ask of Etzel, and how does she accomplish her design?
10. What is the secret of Siegfried's strength?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)