|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kriemhild most interested in getting onto Hungarian land to attend King Etzel's summer festival?
(c) Her brothers.
2. Who decides that it is time to bring the Nibelung's treasure to Burgundy?
3. What oath has Kriemhild taken?
(a) Never to speak.
(b) Not to rest until she has avenged the death of her father.
(c) Not to marry a foreigner.
(d) Never to marry.
4. What does Gunther tell Brunhild at first when she wishes for him to invite his sister and her husband to visit them?
(a) They live too far away.
(b) I would be glad to see these guests you request.
(c) I shall dispatch Hagen to invite them.
(d) The queen just had a son and cannot travel.
5. Where does Kriemhild live as a widow in Burgundy?
(a) In a house near the grave of her beloved Siegfried.
(b) In a house paid for by Giselher.
(c) In an apartment in the fortress, in a separate wing from Gunther.
(d) In a house beside the minister at Worms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brunhild give Gunther and his men after she explains the games?
2. How is Kriemhild convinced to marry Etzel?
3. How many vassals does Kriemhild take with her to the Netherlands?
4. What does Brunhild want to know when she confronts Siegfried during his visit to Burgundy?
5. When Siegfried tells Kriemhild that it is time to go back to the Netherlands, what does she want to do before they leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hagen do when he hears that Dankwart has been attacked and that Bloedelin has been killed?
2. Describe the test of innocence that Kriemhild demands of the men she deems guilty of her husband's murder.
3. What does Hagen initially tell King Gunther when they find that the Danube river is swollen and treacherous to cross?
4. Why does Siegmund implore Kriemhild to return with him to Nibelungland?
5. Why does Hagen tell Gunther and the rest of the warriors that he tried so hard to drown the priest?
6. Where does Siegfried get the thousand warriors that he presents at Brunhild's fortress?
7. How do Kriemhild's relatives convince her to stay among them when they allowed her beloved husband to be murdered?
8. What happens when Folker sees the glint of one of Kriemhild's knights' helmets at night?
9. What ideas oppress Kriemhild after she dreams of walking with, and the kissing her brother Giselher and why does this happen after the dream?
10. Kriemhild is willing to show her brothers mercy on one condition. What is that condition?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)