|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there much pushing and shoving as the Huns and the Burgundians enter the church?
(a) Hagen and Volker refuse to stand aside so all may enter easily.
(b) Etzel and Kriemhild refuse to stand aside so all may enter easily.
(c) No answer is correct.
(d) Tempers are roused and jostling is natural.
2. What does Iring ask of the Huns?
(a) That they let him fight Hagen alone.
(b) That he should fight Hagen instead of Dietrich.
(c) That they should help him distribute Hagen's lands.
(d) That they should elect him leader in place of Etzel.
3. Whom does Rudiger's daughter take by the hand when she first meets him?
4. What does Kriemhild do when Hagen refuses to tell her where the gold is?
(a) She threatens to kill Hagen but is killed by Hildebrand.
(b) She relinquishes him to the mob of angry Huns, who kill him.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She cuts off his head with Siegfried's sword.
5. What do the Huns do at the end of the Midsummer's Eve festivities that is offensive to Volker?
(a) Bow to Kriemhild.
(b) Threaten Giselher.
(c) Thwack Volker with his fiddle-bow.
(d) Jostle the nobles.
6. What happens to the man who issues the challenge to single combat?
(a) He is restrained by Etzel.
(b) He wins his first encounter.
(c) He kills Hagen.
(d) He is promptly slain.
7. According to the fairies, how many Burgundians will survive the trip to Hungary for the festival?
(a) No one.
(b) All answers are incorrect.
8. Why is Kriemhild crying at the beginning of Adventure 29?
(a) Because she has finally killed Hagen.
(b) Because she misses her homeland.
(c) Because she does not want to die.
(d) Because she is powerless to kill Hagen.
9. Kriemhild asks which king to help her escape the bloodbath?
10. Who is the Fiddler, whom Kriemhild's warriors fear?
(a) The man who stands up with Hagen against Kriemhild.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The minstrel.
11. What quenches the terrible thirst of the Burgundian warriors trapped in the hall?
(d) Well water.
12. What does Dancwart announce to Hagen at the beginning of Adventure 33?
(a) Our knights and squires have been butchered!
(b) You have been sitting here too long.
(c) Only my covering is bloody.
(d) All answers are correct.
13. Where do Gunther, his brothers, and the other nobles sleep after the Midsummer's Eve festivities?
(a) In the king's palace.
(b) In Kriemhild's palace.
(c) In a hall with magnificent accoutrements.
(d) In a tent furnished with roomy beds and fine coverlets.
14. What or who follows Kriemhild as she approaches church?
(a) A squadrons of knights.
(b) Her son, Ortlieb.
(c) A horse and carriage.
15. Whom does Hagen say the party must be wary of, after he tells his warriors what he knows?
(a) Gernot and Giselher.
(b) Gelfrat and Elsy.
(c) Brunhild and Gunther.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rudiger stay neutral in the battle between the Burgundians and the Etzel's warriors?
2. What do the unarmed knights use to arm themselves when the battle begins between Hagen's brother and Bloedelin's Hunnish warriors?
3. What does Rudeger ask of Etzel when Kriemhild asks him to fight Gunther's men?
4. What does Dietrich do in the fighting in the feast hall?
5. Who is credited with fighting a good fight in Adventure 35, besides Hagen and Volker?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)