|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hildebrand ask of Gunther after Rudeger is killed?
(a) He asks for a truce, to let his men recuperate.
(b) He asks for Rudeger's body, to give it a proper burial.
(c) He asks for a mourning period of ten days.
(d) He asks for a diplomatic truce, to negotiate without killing.
2. What does Dietrich overhear Hagen and Gunther saying about him in Adventure 39?
(a) Gunther and Hagen will slay Dietrich together.
(b) Gunther will negotiate their release with Dietrich.
(c) Hagen will take on Dietrich in single combat.
(d) Hagen will surrender to Dietrich.
3. How many Burgundian squires die as the Hunnish warriors try to kill Dancwart?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Nine thousand.
(d) One thousand.
4. Who conveys the information that Rudeger has been killed?
5. What do the Burgundian kings attempt to do while Volker and Hagen are killing Hunnish warriors?
(a) Make an arrangement to stop the bloodshed.
(b) Protect Kriemhild as they hurry her out of the hall.
(c) Use their swords to stop Volker and Hagen.
(d) Use their swords to defend themselves.
6. Of the well-bred men Rudiger's daughter is expected to kiss in greeting, whom does she balk at kissing?
7. Who tells Gunther to call off the journey to Hungary?
8. Who first notices the armed men at the front of the hall in which Gunther is sleeping after the Midsummer Eve's festivities?
9. What does Dietrich think when he hears the crying over Rudeger's death?
(a) That the Burgundians have been killed at last.
(b) That Hagen has been killed.
(c) That Etzel and Kriemhild have been killed.
(d) That he is about to be killed.
10. What does Rudeger give to Gunther and his men?
(b) A hundred horses' burden of gold and silver.
(c) Protection from Etzel's people.
(d) Safe passage through his lands.
11. What do the Burgundians do after the battle in the feast hall?
(a) Throw the Huns' bodies down the stairs.
(b) Vow vengeance against the Huns.
(c) Lament the deaths of their warriors.
(d) Burn the dead in funeral pyres.
12. How do Hagen's men outfit themselves when they wake after the feast in Etzel's stronghold?
(a) As if for battle.
(b) As if for travel.
(c) In their finest raiment.
(d) As if for work in the fields.
13. Who remains of the Burgundians by the end of Adventure 38?
(a) Hagen and Giselher.
(b) Only Gunther and Hagen.
(c) Gernot and Hagen.
(d) Gunther, Hagen, Gernot, and Giselher.
14. What happens when a Hun runs to aid one of his injured comrades?
(a) Folker shoots him with an arrow.
(b) The man's rescue brings new life to the Huns.
(c) The injured man sings of the death of the Burgundians.
(d) Hagen kills both men.
15. How does Volker show his vast strength to the Hunnish people in Adventure 34?
(a) He wields a broad and heavy sword.
(b) He hurls a spear over the heads of the Huns from one end of the fortress to the other.
(c) He picks up dead bodies over his head.
(d) He slaughters more warriors than any man has ever slaughtered in one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quenches the terrible thirst of the Burgundian warriors trapped in the hall?
2. How many dead bodies are removed from the palace at Giselher's suggestion?
3. Which Burgundians is Iring unable to defeat?
4. According to the fairies, how many Burgundians will survive the trip to Hungary for the festival?
5. Whose blood does Dankwart say stains his clothes when he bursts into the feast hall?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)