|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter in which Kriemhild and Siegfried meet, what does the poet say the love of a beautiful woman leads to?
(b) Good fortune.
2. Who do Hagen's men say is marching on King Gunther's lands at the beginning of Adventure 15?
3. After the queens start to argue about their husbands' rank, why do the people wonder when they see the queens at the cathedral?
(a) Brunhild arrives with Siegfried while Kriemhild stands alone.
(b) The queens arrive separately.
(c) The queens do not greet each other when they arrive simultaneously at the cathedral.
(d) The queens are arrayed in splendor, such as has never before been seen.
4. Who escorts the Nibelungs from Worms on their return to their own lands after the murder of Siegfried?
(a) No one.
(b) Gunther and his men.
(c) Giselher and his men.
(d) Gernot, Giselher, and their men.
5. Whose position does Kriemhild assume after she and Siegfried have been married for ten years?
(a) Lady Sieglind's.
(d) Dame Uta's.
6. Who is Kriemhild's father?
7. At the family counsel, who amongst them does not want Kriemhild to marry Etzel?
(c) Gunther and Hagen.
8. What fair maiden of suitable standing does Siegfried decide to woo?
9. With whom does Kriemhild discuss her dream?
10. Who in Burgundy knows of the strangers that journey from Etzel's land to seek Kriemhild's hand in marriage?
11. Who are the messengers who reach Gunther from Kriemhild and Etzel?
(a) Werbel and Swemmeline.
(b) Giselher and Gernot.
(c) Dankwart and Gelfrat.
(d) Folker and Rudeger.
12. Who recognizes immediately that the minstrels are from Etzel's court?
13. To whom does Kriemhild become attached while in Pochlarn?
(a) The daughter of the Margrave.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) The wife of Rudinger.
(d) Lady Gotelind.
14. Who waits upon Kriemhild as she mourns?
(a) Count Eckewart.
15. What does Brunhild give Gunther and his men after she explains the games?
(a) A cloud cloak.
(b) Her weapons.
(c) An army of a thousand champions.
(d) Time to consider the consequences.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what men does Siegfried plan to defeat Liudegast and Luidegar?
2. Who is determined to woo Kriemhild?
3. Who is Albric?
4. In whom does Kriemhild take comfort as she makes her decision about where to live?
5. What does Siegmund ask Kriemhild to do after Siegfried's funeral?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)