|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adventure 19, How the Treasure of the Nibelungers Was Brought to Worms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Siegfried's men do after Kriemhild responds to Siegmund's request?
(a) Hold a tournament to choose a new leader.
(b) Set out to avenge Siegfried's death.
(c) Travel with Kriemhild back to Burgundy.
(d) Go out on a hunting party.
2. How do Brunhild and Kriemhild greet each other the first time they meet?
(a) They beam brilliant smiles and embrace with tears of joy in their eyes.
(b) They kiss one another.
(c) They bow silently without making eye contact.
(d) They curtsey to one another.
3. Where is Siegfried during the contest between Brunhild and Gunther?
(a) He is aboard the ship.
(b) He is in the thick of the contest.
(c) He is fighting a giant.
(d) He is pounding on the gate of Brunhild's fortress.
4. What fair maiden of suitable standing does Siegfried decide to woo?
5. What social rank does Liudegast hold?
(a) He is a king.
(b) He is a commoner.
(c) He is a knight.
(d) He is a count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brunhild want to know when she confronts Siegfried during his visit to Burgundy?
2. How many men does Kriemhild take with her to Burgundy?
3. When Siegfried tells Kriemhild that it is time to go back to the Netherlands, what does she want to do before they leave?
4. How many warriors go with Siegfried to win the hand of the fair maiden?
5. Why does the Lord Treasurer of the Nibelung's treasure go get his keys when he sees the men from the Rhineland?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)