|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adventure 32, How Bl?del Was Slain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Gunther cannot best Brunhild?
(a) Gunther and his three courtiers will all die.
(b) Gunther alone will be killed.
(c) Brunhild will take all of Gunther's lands.
(d) Brunhild will give Gunther another chance.
2. Whom does Gunther send to Burgundy with news of his imminent arrival?
3. Why is Kriemhild crying at the beginning of Adventure 29?
(a) Because she misses her homeland.
(b) Because she has finally killed Hagen.
(c) Because she does not want to die.
(d) Because she is powerless to kill Hagen.
4. What does Hagen tell the warriors once they have crossed the Danube?
(a) He tells them that they need to travel fast and light.
(b) He tells them that they will conquer Hungary.
(c) He tells them the mermaids' prophecy that they will all die.
(d) He tells them that riches await them.
5. What does Dietrich do in the fighting in the feast hall?
(a) He convinces Etzel to kill all of the Burgundians.
(b) He convinces Kriemhild to repudiate her vengeance.
(c) He kills Hagen and Folker and almost kills Gunther.
(d) He arranges a truce that allows him to leave with five hundred knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hagen do immediately after he proposes a toast to the dead using Etzel's wine?
2. Who escapes from Hagen and the other men that engage the ferryman's overlord?
3. Whom does Kriemhild find to avenge Siegfried's death?
4. What does Brunhild want to know when she confronts Siegfried during his visit to Burgundy?
5. Why does Kriemhild baptize her son?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)