Adventure 1, Kriemhild's Dream | Adventure 2, Siegfried
• Just like many ancient tales, this is a story of happy feasts, woe, and daring deeds. This first two adventures build tension as they summarize and then foreshadow the tale.
• A beautiful maiden named Kriemhild lives in Burgundy by the Rhine with her parents, the king and queen, and her three warrior brothers--Gunther, Gernot, and Giselher.
• The reader is told that Kriemhild will cause many warriors to lose their lives and that her brothers are held in high esteem by many knights until their dying days, when hate between two noble ladies bring them to a sad end.
• When their father, Dancrat, dies, his children inherit the kingdom.
• One night, Kriemhild dreams that two eagles attack a falcon. The girl's mother, Uote, says the falcon represents a noble suitor whom Kriemhild will lose if God does not shield him. So, Kriemhild swears that...
This section contains 5,026 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)