|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The bird is eventually taken to a pet shop where?
2. When Alex and Jamie return to their car, a security guard is doing what?
3. Alex steals a gun from whom?
4. Mr. Bond is meeting with a client and is told that the client is looking for a unique gift for whom?
5. Billy jumps Jamie in a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who, it turns out, was actually responsible for destroying BioGen and contaminating the cell line and why? What is the outcome?
2. Explain how Josh's previous actions are catching up to him in this section of the book.
3. What does Alex do when she finds out there's an arrest warrant out for her and do you agree with it?
4. Explain the incident with the turtle and what it implies.
5. In Paris, Barton Williams boards his private jet with Gerard in tow, a gift for his wife. However, Gerard talks so much, repeating the words of everyone on board, that Williams gives him to one of the stewardesses rather than take it home and listen to it talk all the time. The stewardess takes it to a pet shop in Shaker Heights and gives it to the guy behind the counter, Stan Milgram. How do you feel about the way Gerard is being passed about?
6. How did Alex's father try to warn Alex of the situation and what objects did he send her to help?
7. Billy Cleever, the sixth grader Dave bit earlier in the day, is on his way home from school with his friends when they see Dave and Jamie up ahead. Billy's friends goad him into getting Dave back for the earlier incident. Billy jumps Jamie in the park, knocking him down. What are your opinions of that incident?
8. Explain Dr. Bennett's predicament in this section and how you feel about it.
9. If you were Lynn Kendall, Henry's wife, would you put up with Henry's bringing the chimpanzee hybrid home?
10. Do you agree or disagree with Ellis Levine wanting to sue Josh for his mother's Alzheimer's symptoms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Marty Roberts discovers that Mrs. Weller might ahve poisoned her husband, he suggests that she have the body cremated.
Part 1: Explain how cremation would help both Mrs. Weller and Marty Roberts.
Part 2: Explain how the cremation backfired and what Marty did about it.
Part 3: Knowing that Mrs. Weller killed her husband, if you were in Marty Roberts' place, what would you do about it and why?
Essay Topic 2
The topic of animal testing is a sensitive one.
Part 1: Do you condone animal testing? Why or why not?
Part 2: Does your opinion of animal testing depend on which animals are being tested? For example, do you consider testing on mice acceptible, but testing on dogs or cats deplorable? What are your reasons for those opinions?
Part 3: Over all, do you think animal testing is helpful or harmful, both in the book and in real life? Use examples from the book and from real life to back up your responses.
Essay Topic 3
Answer the following questions about Henry's wife, Lynn, using examples from the story:
1. How did Lynn originally feel about Dave's arrival at the house?
2. By the end of the story, how did Lynn feel about Dave?
3. If you were Lynn, how would you feel about Dave? (Include both the fact that Dave is a chimp hybrid and the fact that he is not related to Lynn herself at all and she is now expected to help raise him.)
4. In your opinion, should Henry have told Lynn about Dave ahead of time? What might have happened if he had?
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)