|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brad Gordon is arrested for aggravated assault and ______________.
2. What is Marty Roberts' occupation?
3. A few days later, Roberts gets a call from Emily Weller letting him know she cannot have her husband cremated because the funeral parlor found __________ in his arms and legs.
4. Rick wants to prove that his wife is a(n) ______________.
5. What is Henry's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jack Watson's role in the prologue and what it could mean to the rest of the story.
2. Why is Frank Burnet suing the Regents of the University of California?
3. Explain Alex Burnet's feelings about the court case against her father.
4. Explain how the Levines are further identified, in Chapter 23 and what that could mean later, as things develop.
5. Do you agree with Josh's attitude when Adam inhales the retrovirus? Why or why not?
6. Describe Jack Watson's reaction to the news that RIck's car was stolen and what that indicates about Watson's character.
7. Explain how Dr. Bellarmino shows conflicting attitude is this section of the book.
8. Explain why Mr. Weller's body can't be properly cremated and what that means for Marty Roberts.
9. Based on information int his section, what sort of person is Emily Weller?
10. How does BioGen try to discredit Frank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters in the book are intertwined. Explain how those characters are connected, with special emphasis on how Alex and her son are connected to the Kendalls. What significance does that have, particularly towards the end of the story. Also, how does Gerard tie into those events?
Essay Topic 2
One of the big conflicts in the book is whether or not Frank has ownership of his own cells.
Part 1: Who do you feel owns the cells harvested from Frank's body and why?
Part 2: Would your opinion be different if Frank had known his cells were being harvested ahead of time? Why or why not?
Part 3: Even if Frank does not own his own cells, do you feel that his daughter, Alex and her son, Jamie are in possession of stolen cells, since they share DNA with Frank? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters evolve throughout the story. Choose any one of the following characters and discuss the major events and changes they went through, as the story progressed.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)